Sign in to follow this  
eal

Amiibo Discussion

I figure at least me and Yangus talk about them enough that it merits its own thread.

SO HOW ABOUT THAT WOLF LINK AMIIBO?!

I'm totally getting it (and the bundle should it not run out). I love Twilight Princess (gah that's like the third time I've said that today).

And of course, that Lucas amiibo. I needs it for the Motherbound goodness.

It's soooo glorious. I just want it because of how beautiful it is. Twilight Princess is a superb game and even though this screams "Oh crap we won't be able to get Zelda U out yet! Quick! Someone whip up a remake!" Im still hyped to relive it.

I doubt the bundle will disappear. I still see a bunch of Amiibo/game bundles.

Me too.

Only reason I say I'm concerned is because of the Majora's mask bundle from earlier this year and how fast that disappeared. Either way I may preorder this ASAP just to be safe.

About TP: I've always loved it's graphical style. It reminds me of Lord of the Rings meets Zelda.

It's one of the most detailed games so it's a shame it was on such a low-powered console. It's gonna look crisp and sharp on the Wii U.

I'm totally getting it (and the bundle should it not run out). I love Twilight Princess (gah that's like the third time I've said that today).

Same here. I feel like I'm in the minority though, many people seemed to have hated Twilight Princess. 

Not as much as Skyward Sword. I really enjoyed Skyward Sword, but that game is just beaten to death sometimes.

TP has had that problem too, mind, but not as bad as SS.

But you know, it seems like EVERY Zelda game gets a lot of hate for one reason or another. Personally I've enjoyed every Zelda game I've played. Sure I have ones I like more than others, but there's never been a game were I've thought "This game is awful because blah blah blah..."

Hell two of my favorite games on the series are Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks!

But you know, it seems like EVERY Zelda game gets a lot of hate for one reason or another.

Yeah that's true. I've never had one I hated either. 

The closest is maybe Wind Waker but it's only because of it's "curse".

Whenever I'd get up to the Master Sword, something forces me to restart from the beginning. It'd be my maybe 8th time going at it again.

Hey, you have a game curse too?! Mine's in Etrian Odyssey whenever I reach the 3rd stratum; I just up and stop for some time then go back months or a year later (the year being Etrian Odyssey IV).

Anyway, I don't understand why there's so much negativity around Zelda sometimes. I can get not liking an aspect of a game (like touch controls or a certain mechanic ), but they are all good games. Maybe it's just a series where you either click with it entirely or its hit and miss.

I dont have a Wii U so....it'd be kinda pointless for me to have the wolf link amibo. even though it's neat. Though, i am tempted to grab the gold megaman one, even if it is just because of the legacy collection.

Well, they did announce in this very Direct that a 32 GB Wii U is being bundled with Smash and Splatoon for $200. That's a deal worth taking.

In response to you, Yangus, I think Zelda opinions are interesting because everyone universally loves Zelda games. Almost no game has a lukewarm reception and everyone is in love with the series. But that's what causes the negativity in and of itself. There are pockets of people that love Zelda but just hate one individual game. People that hate Wind Waker loves everything else. People that hate Twilight Princess loves everything else. People that hate Skyward Sword loves everything else. As for Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, this one is interesting because fans of one debate about the other all the time. I once thought OoT was everyone's favorite... until Majora's fans felt emboldened enough to say that it's overrated compared to Majora's Mask. It's an interesting fandom.

The issue is, is that I'm saving up for a car, so i can't really afford to buy a new system. And if anything, my next system is gonna be a PS4 so i can finally play the copy of DQH that i've had since release.

...though with the game coming to steam...

Well, they did announce in this very Direct that a 32 GB Wii U is being bundled with Smash and Splatoon for $200. That's a deal worth taking.

In response to you, Yangus, I think Zelda opinions are interesting because everyone universally loves Zelda games. Almost no game has a lukewarm reception and everyone is in love with the series. But that's what causes the negativity in and of itself. There are pockets of people that love Zelda but just hate one individual game. People that hate Wind Waker loves everything else. People that hate Twilight Princess loves everything else. People that hate Skyward Sword loves everything else. As for Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, this one is interesting because fans of one debate about the other all the time. I once thought OoT was everyone's favorite... until Majora's fans felt emboldened enough to say that it's overrated compared to Majora's Mask. It's an interesting fandom.

You make a good point. Sometimes I just don't get the Zelda fandom because of that.

Perhaps my interpretation stems from Skyward Sword. I mean jeez, I know I said it already, but people rip that game a new one sometimes. I'm not going to say the game is perfect and can completely understand why people wouldn't like it for one reason or another, but at its heart it's still Zelda.

I try and avoid Zelda discussions, even amongst my friends, because it always ends up on the "What Zelda game do you hate?" side of things.

Hey, you have a game curse too?! Mine's in Etrian Odyssey whenever I reach the 3rd stratum; I just up and stop for some time then go back months or a year later (the year being Etrian Odyssey IV).

Anyway, I don't understand why there's so much negativity around Zelda sometimes. I can get not liking an aspect of a game (like touch controls or a certain mechanic ), but they are all good games. Maybe it's just a series where you either click with it entirely or its hit and miss.

Lucky yours is intentional at least. For me it'd be anything from a loss of memory (happened tons of time with the gamecube version) or my brand new Wii U getting a bunch of dead pixels making me have to exchange the Wii U.

Honestly I don't think the hate and negativity isn't really that bad in Zelda, it's just the vocal minority. Hell people hated Windwaker before and now everyone seems to love it, I'm starting to see the same thing with Twilight Princess. And thanks for the reminder...I really should finish Etrian Odyssey 4.

It's the supposed Zelda cycle that does it. Or people just got over their hate. Either way, talking about Zelda to the wrong people can lead to interesting results in my experience.

And yes, you should! I wasn't the biggest fan of some of the changes to EO4, but when I went back to the game later I found I actually really liked them.

Edit: My curse isn't intentional. Sometimes it's been because school has gotten in the way/kept me occupied, sometimes I just step away without meaning too. I would never up and abandon a playthrough of an EO game on purpose, and my very obvious love for the series should prove that! :P

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

They hate things once it's safe to. Once Wind Waker was no longer the most recent game, they tore into it. Same with Skyward Sword. I thought it was the most loved Zelda game since Ocarina of Time until people started bashing the reviews that gave it 10/10. now that Twilight Princess is in the conversation again, the people that hate it have shrunk back as the people that love it get hyped.

Lol love how this became a Zelda topic.

All because of that Wolf Link/Midna amiibo! It's powers are too strong!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Oh man...the Chibi Robo amiibo by itself is down to $12.99 as an import. I'm tempted to just buy the amiibo for collective purposes....

Huh...guess they'll be releasing Chibi-Robo's amiibo as a standalone on Amazon as an exclusive.

Screw importing, I'll just get that standalone. Chances are Chibi will be the only amiibo I'll leave intact in his packaging.

Guess they realized even an Amiibo wasn't going to salvage sales for that game.

Meanwhile, I got Mewtwo. When he was announced as DLC, I hoped Nintendo would be cool and give him out as a Platinum gift for Club Nintendo members or something or make him Club Nintendo exclusive. Oh well. I can settle for finding him in a pile of dozens in a Walmart. It at least shows how far they've come from "almost none" for some and "$#!t out of luck" for the rest. He's so far the only DLC character I really cared to get. Maybe Ike. Never played any of the games he's in so I have no stake in him. At this point, the list of ones I really want stand as Lucina, Robin, and maybe Palutena since I play use quite a bit in Smash.

I just picked up Mewtwo this morning before classes. Glad to see they had plenty of him.

The Target I went to also had the animal crossing amiibos out. Only one Mabel and one of the 3 pack, but plenty of Tom Nook. If KK Slider was by himself I'd pick him up, but not in the 3 pack.

I'm so ambivalent to Animal Crossing. Never played a game, not at all interested in doing so either, and so I'm not at all interested in the Amiibo, and I doubt they'll get much functionality going forward aside from Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, which I heard was dull to begin with.

The only one I want is that 8bit Mario one.