Faust

Movie thread

8 minutes ago, eal said:

I cannot believe this is happening

Sadly going to be skipping due to the fact they cast Ryan Reynolds.

Warning about spoiler if you don't want to feel sick look away.

1 minute ago, AustNerevar said:
11 minutes ago, eal said:
I cannot believe this is happening

Did somebody just dose me with acid? Or is everyone else seeing the same thing here.

I can’t help but think the aesthetic of the world looks like those parody Pokémon movie trailers on YouTube and the actual designs of the Pokémon remind me of pictures you sometimes see online where people try to imagine what Pokémon would look like in the real world given a realistic texture.

I can’t help but think the aesthetic of the world looks like those parody Pokémon movie trailers on YouTube and the actual designs of the Pokémon remind me of pictures you sometimes see online where people try to imagine what Pokémon would look like in the real world given a realistic texture.
It 100% looks like a parody trailer.

I hope Danny DeVito at least gets a cameo in the movie somewhere. If he’s in it within some capacity I’d see it.

Otherwise, like everything else Pokemon, I’ll know it exists but have no real reason to check it out.

I still think Joe Pesci should have done the voice.

5 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
8 minutes ago, eal said:

It 100% looks like a parody trailer.

I kept thinking about this old parody trailer from almost a decade ago when I was watching it:

All this being said I’m legit gonna go see this.

Edited by eal

4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I still think Joe Pesci should have done the voice.

NO YOU SHUT IT IT NEEDED TO BE DANNY DEVITO AUST YOU ARE WRONG FOR WANTING JOE PESCI WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FAK YOU.

But yeah, Joe Pesci could have worked.

• Like 2

So I dropped the Detective Pikachu trailer in Items of Interest because I forgot this thread was a thing, so to make up for it, here's the Dumbo trailer, with its surplus of extra characters, alternate plot to the original (because why the frick not), and a Dumbo that looks like it belongs in Detective Pikachu,

So I finally watched the trailer for Detective Pikachu...

Why the #$*! is Ryan Reynalds the voice of Pikachu? This isn’t me trying to joke about Danny DeVito again, that’s a legit question. I have nothing against Ryan Reynalds, but holy hell does his voice NOT work.

• Like 1

So apparently a film adaptation of Doctor Sleep is coming in 2020 and they even got so far as filming the thing so it’s definitely real and happening and not just something with only a director or producer or writer attatched to it.

It has some talent working on it too. Mike Flanagan has a solid track record with directing horror, including Netflix’s Haunting of Hill House. Ewan McGregor is adult Danny Torrance.

It’ll be interesting to see how people who only have experience with the Kubrick movie react to Doctor Sleep, since it’s a movie based off the sequel book to The Shining. Having read The Shining, I can say it’s decidedly different from the movie, so much so that Stephen King has famously complained about it. So Doctor Sleep can be a great and faithful movie, but people will still say it can’t hold a candle to Kubrick’s vision, even though it’s not really a sequel to the original movie, but an adaptation to the sequel book to the original novel that the first movie was based off of. Yes, this is confusing.

Edited by eal

Can we just use one or the other of the movie threads?

36 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Image result for sonic the hedgehog movie

I don’t think it’s very fair for me to say this based off one image and a couple of things I heard about the production, but this might have been posted in the wrong movie thread...

How many movie threads do we have besides this one and the Bad Movies thread?

If there are a couple that need merged let me know

6 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

How many movie threads do we have besides this one and the Bad Movies thread?

𝜋

27 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

𝜋

Life of Pi was an okay movie.

That's why it's not in the Bad Movies thread!

50 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
53 minutes ago, eal said:

That's why it's not in the Bad Movies thread!

No that’s where the American Pie movies go.

No that’s where the American Pie movies go.
Hey. The first American Pie was a classic. Thats my childhood right there.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, eal said:

I don’t think it’s very fair for me to say this based off one image and a couple of things I heard about the production, but this might have been posted in the wrong movie thread...

What we can tell from the image: there's an artiste on board who has determined not to use the appealing and established designs in favor of something more "realistic"; the new design creates dissonance with the established image in the public eye which will only nudge it further towards the uncanny valley; there's a loss of the inherently cartoony spirit that makes the Sonic concept work,

10 hours ago, Reddragon18 said:

HOT DAMN GODZILLA TRAILER 2 came out. OOOOOfff looks hella good. So hyped

Beat me to it!

Mothra & King Ghidorah swag.

Edited by JaybirdC

20 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

Image result for sonic hedgehog poster

No. Just... no.  All the no.  DOCTOR No.  Tactical no on my location.

A year away?  There's still time to stop this from happening, Sega.  This is a BAD IDEA.