Sign in to follow this  
gooieooie

Has anyone ever considered Miiverse?

I noticed that no one really seems to talk about promotion on Miiverse.

Dragon Quest X has its own Miiverse community. I go on there sometimes and make posts about Western fans wanting localizations of games like VII and X.

Before you say that it won't have any affect, think about EarthBound's Wii U launch. A plethora of fans (including myself) swarmed the M2 thread asking for a Western Wii U launch. And it came. The Miiverse posts were even influential enough that they got mentioned DURING THE NINTENDO DIRECT back at the reveal of EB on Wii U. 

So I think it's worth a shot. If you ever go on Miiverse, try posting a simple message about it in the DQX community! Use Google Translate to make a simple Japanese message if you don't know the language, and let's try this out!

I used to post and draw alot there, even on the community for the Beta version way before the full game launched. Now I just go and "Yeah!" the things I like on there, but that's it.

I've been posting this on a few different community pages:

frZnkQo.png

I'm not the best artist...

Edited by wintermute
  • Upvote 2

How were the Earthbound messages? Do you think the japanese players would get mad at westerners for posting in the DQX/VII/XI communities?

How were the Earthbound messages? Do you think the japanese players would get mad at westerners for posting in the DQX/VII/XI communities?

I don't know about the earth bound ones, but all but one of my posts in the DQ Miiverse communities had at least one Japanese person give it a "Yeah!".

I've had my share of doing art related to Dragon Quest on Miiverse. I've moved a few to my computer and added color to them to share on my art page, so I can give a few exmaples.

dragon_quest_ii_hero_done_miiverse_by_drroto_appears_by_dragonquesthero-d6gzeb0. hero_by_dragonquesthero-d7zd0n5.png

• Upvote 1

Very cool! :thumbsup:

Those are awesome! Nice work DragonQuestHero!

I've tried it. But there are crucial problems with it.

1.) There's simply better alternatives with the world wide web for all of Miiverse's functions.

2.) The world wide web allows for more creativity. This very forum is one of many examples.

3.) It shows that Nintendo really can't get past the stigma of being just for little children and isn't attempting to move away from that stigma to it's own detriment. A series like Dragon Quest will probably do well with Nintendo systems . . . but that comes with the expectation that some "adult" innuendo will be cut out or changed - this has happened. With Playstation and PC platforms, this isn't an issue at all. 

It honestly has nothing to do with Dragon Quest and more to do with the Miiverse limitations. It's obsolete to any other alternative.