Shadow Kunoichi

What's New with you?

We got a thread for the Music you listen to, and for the Anime you watch. but not one for the things you do, lets change that!

alright, in this thread you tell what's going on in your life, etc. 

i'll start us off.

been raining a lot where i live recently, rain always makes me sad feeling. it being May doesn't help either. who hates hot weather? i sure do, i love cold weather......but hot? nuuuuu. 

Well, school is about to end down here in 2 weeks. There was a bit of uncertainty lately over would I be teaching middle school math or 5th grade all subjects, but it looks like it all worked out well and I'll be doing the same thing next year: 5th grade math. Is it crazy I'm excited to put in some time this summer working on math standards at my school, trying to get them all to make sense?

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to my family's annual meat party! Gotta call a butcher on Tuesday to confirm they'll have kangaroo and elk in stock on Friday.

I just made $38.50 selling stuff at a garage sale. That's enough to get me into two movies, which means I can afford to go to the new Planet of the Apes movie and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Also, school wraps up for me in a month, then I have my finals before I start searching for a summer job. After all, we all know that getting $58, 800 in a summer making $200 per week is totally plausible, right? (for those of you who don't know, I can't get many scholarships since my dad makes a bunch of money and I have been tasked with paying for it all by myself. Student loans are also out because of his income)

In gaming news, I recently got wrecked by my friend in Pokemon, so I've been breeding some Pokemon that I can use against him (seriously, Shedinja was one of my better Pokemon. SHEDINJA). I've gone through about 100 Zangoose, but none of them have the nature and ability I want.

Other news, if things ever get finalized, I'll be on another local tv show (the other being a tv version of The Boor). In this show, we'll be doing improv games, much like "Whose Line is it Anyway?", except we can't do all of them and we call our show "Whose 'Q' is it Anyway?" (Q. Get it?  :P )

Another thing in my life to note is that my testosterone levels have been higher than normal lately. We all know what that means, right? More aggression and sexual drive. Yay...

Something else to say. I've been working on a book called "Capital Punishment". It's essentially a book of conversations in which they all contain one or more puns. (I mean, come on, I love puns. I make a lot of them on this site).

Finally, next Saturday (the 24th), I'll be going to see the new X-Men movie. I am seriously excited about that. I am a pretty huge X-Men fan (though I lack any comics).

That essentially sums up my life right now.

Not a fan of hot weather huh?   Given your state, I can understand, that is muggy.

Normally I like hot weather if there's a nice cool breeze, or if the temperature is in the 70's and 80's.  Winter cold out in the desert of New Mexico is surprisingly difficult after a few months.  The dryness makes it bone chilling that just reaches deep inside and seems to freeze from the inside out.  Similarly with a long summer, it just kind of warms up from the inside out, so by the time summer's over I'm ready for winter.

I've always been a huge fan of rain.  Never been depressed by it, as it always brings a smile.  Though it has nothing to do with living in a desert, as I was born in NYC, and rain made me happy back then.  It's just so calming and refreshing.  I love the smell of the world during and after.

As per life today, just trying to write and get my notes and books in order, along with myself.  Things are difficult, but that's the nature of reality, they aren't always difficult, and I'm trying my best to keep myself in order, find things to be happy about, and enjoying the extra time I have with my family as I'm stuck here at my mum's place.  I don't know, I guess I see it as a lesson, there's always something to learn and grow from.  Some element I need to understand to better myself and hopefully give myself the motivation to succeed and finally finish these books and start my writing career, which will lead to other things.

I finally got approved in math 5 weeks before school ends

• Upvote 1

For me, the weather's been really weird here this month. It got fairly hot, then in the middle of last week it got colder. Other than that, nothing new.

wow you guys all got so much going on! little ole me lives a very mundane life, but i guess that's paradise in a way. "Ignorance is Bliss" they say, i still wished my life could be more i don't know....fulfilling? but i make do. 

I graduate in a few weeks.. bout it.

Getting ready for college in late August. I'm going to be living on campus and it hasn't hit me yet that I'll be on my own.

Not looking forward to having a roommate.. I seriously like my personal space. Id rather live in a closet that could fit a desk and a bed instead of living with someone.

Edited by Soulerisn

Not a whole lot, honestly. Getting back into RP in my spare time.

It was my sister's sixteenth birthday today, so there's that.

Not looking forward to having a roommate.. I seriously like my personal space. Id rather live in a closet that could fit a desk and a bed instead of living with someone.

I had 3 roommates my first year in college before saying "no way" and using some summer money to get a single.

#1 - Dude moved out after a month because he became bff with the guy next door who had an empty bed. They both got expelled for getting high on crack and destroying a living room 10 of us shared.

#2 - Rich kid that kinda lived at home/kinda in my room. He only showered at home, 5 miles away. Used daddy's handicapped pass to park by the room and eventually gave up and just moved home by Christmas & dropped out soon after. He listened to literally 1 song. Rodeo Hoedown by Aaron Copeland. It's the song from the beef commercial in the 90s. Beef, it's what's for dinner.

#3 - Dude only lasted January. He smoked like a F-ing chimney outside all day long. Of course his clothes smelt like smoke then, so our whole room did. When I told him that I requested a non-smoker he said he did too because they usually were cleaner. He didn't see any irony there. When a brick of marijuana came in the mail for him one day and he offered me a big chunk of it before he sold the rest, I got him moved out, although I only invoked the nonsmoker thing. Residential Life staff were OK with that.

Hope you have better results :-)

I had 3 roommates my first year in college before saying "no way" and using some summer money to get a single.
#1 - Dude moved out after a month because he became bff with the guy next door who had an empty bed. They both got expelled for getting high on crack and destroying a living room 10 of us shared.

#2 - Rich kid that kinda lived at home/kinda in my room. He only showered at home, 5 miles away. Used daddy's handicapped pass to park by the room and eventually gave up and just moved home by Christmas & dropped out soon after. He listened to literally 1 song. Rodeo Hoedown by Aaron Copeland. It's the song from the beef commercial in the 90s. Beef, it's what's for dinner.

#3 - Dude only lasted January. He smoked like a F-ing chimney outside all day long. Of course his clothes smelt like smoke then, so our whole room did. When I told him that I requested a non-smoker he said he did too because they usually were cleaner. He didn't see any irony there. When a brick of marijuana came in the mail for him one day and he offered me a big chunk of it before he sold the rest, I got him moved out, although I only invoked the nonsmoker thing. Residential Life staff were OK with that.

I'm sure looking back on that its really funny..

But you're scaring me to death, thanks! :laugh:

Our dorms are based on credits, so naturally freshman get screwed over. If I could push some money over just for a single dorm I would :c

Edit: Btw, nice thread idea Starlight!

Out of all the forums I've been too.. few have something like this.

It's always "Post a picture of yourself" and maybe some "What music are you listening to" or "Post a funny video".

Edited by Soulerisn

Well, it sucked. On a positive note, of the 4-5 good friends I made that year, I was the only one with any sort of major roommate issues. So, may the odds be in your favor!

It's always "Post a picture of yourself" and maybe some "What music are you listening to" or "Post a funny video".

We have those too. They're floating around somewhere.

Well, it sucked. On a positive note, of the 4-5 good friends I made that year, I was the only one with any sort of major roommate issues. So, may the odds be ever in your favor!

And have a Happy Hunger Games! But don't stab the mahogany or Effie Trinket will find you.

I'm sure looking back on that its really funny..

But you're scaring me to death, thanks! :laugh:

Our dorms are based on credits, so naturally freshman get screwed over. If I could push some money over just for a single dorm I would :c

Edit: Btw, nice thread idea Starlight!

Out of all the forums I've been too.. few have something like this.

thanks. ^^

as for the whole roommate situation, i've never had one. (never went to college, due to family problems and financial budgets)

but i've heard sometimes they can be real great people. :)

imo though, i prefer solitude as you do. 

The rule about roomates is to not become close, stay acquaintances at best, that way if there's a falling out you won't be stuck in a small space with them. Try to go out when they're in and stay in when they're out. Regardless, you will run into awkward situations, like when your roommate decides it's an appropriate time to make out or even sleep with his girlfriend WHEN YOUR IN THE ROOM. It happens. Also, roomates are bad, but people will be coming in an out of your dorm throughout the day at random points so be prepared for that. It happens to everyone who's ever had a dorm.

I could never have a roommate, at least not one in such a small space like a dorm. Maybe an apartment, but not a dorm. Too much of it is overlap of shared space. My neatness borders on OCD levels and I don't like when people touch my stuff. Like, at all. At least in an apartment I'll have my own room and maybe I could convince my roommate to conform to a fair level of cleanliness, but in a dorm, his mess becomes yours and your property blends into one. It's cool if one of you brought a big TV and you merged your games and movies together but even then I wouldn't want someone to go home with my personal copy of The Last of Us come summer break.

He only showered at home, 5 miles away.

That seems wasteful. Why even go though the trouble of moving?

Anyway, last weekend my friends and I made a trip up to the Dallas area and went to the Scarborough Faire Renaissance Festival. Aside from the terrible, horrible, nightmarish diarrhea brough on by Friday evening's Panda Express, it was practically a perfect weekend.

q6nTauf.jpg

• Upvote 1

They have single dorms.. I swear I will try with all my might getting one. Your response is exactly what I fear. It matched all to we'll with past statements from those I do know from college.

He only showered at home, 5 miles away.

That seems wasteful. Why even go though the trouble of moving?

Anyway, last weekend my friends and I made a trip up to the Dallas area and went to the Scarborough Faire Renaissance Festival. Aside from the terrible, horrible, nightmarish diarrhea brough on by Friday evening's Panda Express, it was practically a perfect weekend.

q6nTauf.jpg

When you show photos like this, it makes us fear the other ones you joke about!

Best part of this picture is that lady just looking down at you. I'm just trying to imagine what's going through her head.

When you show photos like this, it makes us fear the other ones you joke about!

Well said :)

Got some pretty good photo bombing in, for both strangers and my friends. My friend hasn't posted one of them yet. Just inside the gate, there's this large metal sculpture of a sword stuck in the ground. When we were leaving I wanted to get a photo at an angle where it looks like the sword's stuck in my butt. He couldn't get the angle quite right, so we had to do a couple of takes. On either side there were families taking nice family photos, and there's my ass in the background of them.

Got some pretty good photo bombing in, for both strangers and my friends. My friend hasn't posted one of them yet. Just inside the gate, there's this large metal sculpture of a sword stuck in the ground. When we were leaving I wanted to get a photo at an angle where it looks like the sword's stuck in my butt. He couldn't get the angle quite right, so we had to do a couple of takes. On either side there were families taking nice family photos, and there's my ass in the background of them.

All I could do was laugh reading that.

Fvi1E67.jpg

Fvi1E67.jpg

I've started typing a response to this a couple times now, but I don't have the words to make this funnier than it already is. Nice!

Once you go black, you never go back!

Once you go Dwaine, you're never the same!

• Upvote 2

think i might be coming down with something, my throat has been bothering me all day. my little brother has had a cold, little bugger won't stay away when i tell him not get around folk if your sick. i really hope i'm not catching it, i took a vitamin so hoping that'll keep me safe. ^^