Vetus

Dragon Quest - Yuusha Abel Densetsu

799? Good lord...

Yahoo Japan auctions I see them going for the 200-300 after shipping. If anybody wants to pitch in we could grab them and rip em. I'd pitch in a hundred.

• Upvote 1

I might be able to swing $100 for my stake in a DVD-quality digital rip.  That's a lot of time spent ripping, though, and does anyone have time to sub them any faster than 7thElement?

Frustratingly enough, I once donated $100 to 7thElement with the intent that he focus on subbing DQ Abel Yuusha and then I never heard from him again. No aknowledgement or anything.

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

I've got experience ripping from doing it for my own personal DVD collection. But I would put the ISO files out as well so people could rip at whatever quality they wanted.

• Upvote 2

I've been in Japan for 5 months and in that time I've scoured as many Book Off, Hard Off and other second hand stores I could find across Tokyo and Shizuoka and I have yet to see Dragon Quest Abel Yuusha sold anywhere.  It's not even to be found in DVD/CD/Manga rental shops.  We may need to work with someone who already has it if we're looking to get ISO rips.  I have a feeling that if we do find a copy for sale online, there will be price gouging.

Even if it's not subbed, I'd love to have a high quality ISO of all the episodes for my infant son, whose Japanese is likely to be better than mine in about 2-3 years.

Edited by Liamland

Element7 has made it to Episode 38 on his playlist (youtube link: /playlist?list=PLGaJZMCVHKRwvRsYqYyknU1pminpbBTHO).

Awesome. Thanks!

Any idea on how to download the episodes with the subs? I want to make sure the fans can have them digitally, just in case someone notices and takes action against it.

On 5/11/2011 at 3:26 AM, TRL said:

You sometimes come over as really demanding Lilly. It's not like we are here to serve you, you should be happy with any answers we give you.

dragon_quest.jpg

Basically these are the main characters. You have the hero who goes out to retrieve the girl behind him that is kidnapped by the main villain Baramos.

You have have the magician on the left, who has a bit of a pervy old man personality. It's sweet to see whenever he casts a spell. They all come from the games and are named.

You have the yangus type in the middle, who fights with his club and is a bit stupid.

Then you have on the right, the bounty hunter, who just goes along to collect the coins (in this case jewels) that drop whenever a monster is killed.

I think the anime was made somewhere between DQ IV and V. So it only features monsters from games before that. The headwear of Abel is also very similar to the main hero from IV.

I enjoy it, because it really plays out like you were watching a game. All the elements are there.

It was only 13 eps but people have English Subbed the entire series on youtube. I'm currently on episode 21. Loosely based on Dragon Warrior 3 with appearances by Baramos, Zoma, finding the ghost ship to get the Mirror of Ra to reveal a false king, lots of good stuff

So I just discovered this Anime existed, and I found the first 10 episodes subbed by ANBU(still havent watched them all yet, but they're great so far).

Wanting more I scavenged the depths of the interwebz and found this thread - and the mention of this guys' channel - Element7.

His subs of the episodes go up until "Level 38", which was uploaded 7 months ago. 5 episodes short of having them all. Might have to contact him to see what the status of the project is, see if he plans on releasing the last 5...

I'm in the process of downloading them, and using https://ultrasubs.com/ to get the subs as .srt to use in VLC. Hopefully the last 5 come at some point and we can have them all subbed!

Edited by TheRaven81

Where did you get the first 10, I have always wanted to watch that

28 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Where did you get the first 10, I have always wanted to watch that

you can start here

https://anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/dragon-quest

The first 10 are here - Fansubbed by ANBU from the original Japanese versions. So they aren't the localized episodes that Saban put out in the US. 

You can download the .MKV's with the subs integrated or you can just watch them right there on the site.

Edited by TheRaven81

8 hours ago, TheRaven81 said:

https://anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/dragon-quest

The first 10 are here - Fansubbed by ANBU from the original Japanese versions. So they aren't the localized episodes that Saban put out in the US. 

You can download the .MKV's with the subs integrated or you can just watch them right there on the site.

Cool thanks, I pulled them down and force encoded the subtitles into them. I then also pulled down the Element7 ones from youtube and force encoded those subtitles as well (FYI Any Video Converter Free pulled the SRT files down with the webem files), now I can add them to my Plex server at home and watch on my laptop/tv/phone as I have time. :thumbsup:

If you have any luck getting any info on those last 5 episodes make sure to post it here :)

This is cool as I never remember this being aired around where I grew up so it will be cool to watch them.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:23 PM, Woodus said:

Cool thanks, I pulled them down and force encoded the subtitles into them. I then also pulled down the Element7 ones from youtube and force encoded those subtitles as well (FYI Any Video Converter Free pulled the SRT files down with the webem files), now I can add them to my Plex server at home and watch on my laptop/tv/phone as I have time. :thumbsup:

If you have any luck getting any info on those last 5 episodes make sure to post it here :)

This is cool as I never remember this being aired around where I grew up so it will be cool to watch them.

be careful not to pull ALL the subtitles from the ones on Youtube - Some of them he has the English subs hardcoded in - so the SRT files will be in Japanese or some other language. I myself made this mistake. The only ones you will need SRT's for are 11 through 22. 23 and on he has them hardcoded in(which, tbh I wish he hadn't done, they look kind of ugly the way he did them. But can't complain too much I guess.)

Edited by TheRaven81

Yeah, that Any Video Converter only pulled the SRTs for the ones you mentioned, I thought at first it messed something up on the others, then I realized they were already hardocded in there :)

He hasn't replied to me personally regarding this, but I went through the comments of the last video (#38, since it was the most recent - 7 months ago), and I came across this comment here:
1062652203_2018-10-20008.png.beb6bced2b1bebffebe50d259545d11d.png

This was 2 weeks ago - very recent, so I can only assume by this that the last 5 ARE coming, there's just no specific timeline on when.

EDIT: Oh, and just as a curiosity, if anyone knows where we can watch the ones that were dubbed into English, that'd be really cool to see how different they were. I dunno how easy they'd be to find though, The Wikipedia article on it says "The English dub lasted 13 episodes and was never released on home video."

EDIT 2: I did my own research on my request, and I found all 13 on Youtube - not the highest quality in some of them, but  again, can't complain too much.
English Dub Youtube Playlist

They are quite interesting in comparison to the original Japanese versions.

Edited by TheRaven81

Thanks, I have grabbed it :thumbsup:

Level 40 is up now! Very exciting, though I am bad with these things when it comes to my memory of how they went. So even though I have seen them all up to this point, i have no idea what's happened, so I may have to just re-watch them all again with this one tacked on the end. Not that I'd mind that, of course.