Differences from Original Release
- Items hidden in pots, dressers, etc. are added in the remix.
- "Seeds" and "Acorns" have been added to this Remix. These are like the items
in Dragon Quest 4 and increase your stats when used.
- More rare items like the Mysterious Hat and Wizard's Ring will be found in chests.
- The Flame Sword, from Dragon Quest I, can now be used as an item in battle.
- Some monsters (Golem, the Green Dragon guarding Laura, Mad Clown of Roretsua) have had their HP
significantly increased, you get a big boost in experience as a bonus for beating them.
- In DQ2 if you have one of your characters to attack a monster, and someone else
kills it first (or it runs away), your character will attack another monster :) instead of missing
completely. (This applies to spells also)
- Visible effects occur on screen when you cast spells like StopSpell and surround on
enemies. If you don't see the effect (ring of stars for StopSpell, clouds for surround, rings for Defense)
then the spell has had no effect and you'd better cast it again.
- The status box with your HP and MP during battle will contain pinkish colored notation near your name if you are affected by a status condition.