Welcome to the first of what may well be a whole horde of contests in the "Dragon Quest for the West" series of contests. The purpose of these contests is to create a social media firestorm with the intention of increasing awareness of the Dragon Quest series and getting the attention of the series' creators and other parties who have the power (but not yet the incentive) to bring these games to the west.
Your mission in this contest is to create an advertisement OR hashtag for Dragon Quest VII, focused on the Hero, Arus.
Each entrant has to come up with at least one piece of art done in the concept of an advertisement for DQ7 using Arus. Maybe you make him look badass, maybe sexy, maybe you take characters from other games and have Arus totally wow them with his antics with a sword. The sky is the limit, anything you can think of.
Are you a lousy artist who thinks this contest is not for you? Well don't run away just yet! There are plenty of options for you to not only participate in this contest, but also to win! Instead of a drawing or a beautifully Photoshopped design, you could try doing some cosplay and taking photos. Or you could even make a video advertisement of sorts. You could even just partner up with someone and help them out in some way. Both of you will earn badges! And if all of that is still not enough to get you interested, you could simply submit an idea for a clever hashtag that could be used to help with the twitter blast that will accompany the winning advertisement.
Enough of the preamble, here are the juicy details:
1) Submit your advertisement to me via private message or directly in this topic if you prefer
2) Submit as many advertisements as you have the time to create, and feel free to work with others
3) Submit a maximum of two hashtags that are clever, catchy and relevant to Dragon Quest 7 and Arus
4) You have until Thursday, October 2nd 2014 to make your submissions
5) Submissions will be voted on by the community and two winners will be chosen: 1 Advertisement winner and 1 Hashtag winner
6) All submissions will be tweeted out during the contest period under the hashtag #DQForMeToo
7) The winning advertisement will get an especially focused twitter blast using the winning hashtag, and will also be shared on other sites
I realize it sounds like a lot of information, so if there are any details that aren't clear, just ask your questions here and we will get you sorted out. Here are some fast FAQs to get you started:
Q: Do I need to submit a hashtag with my art?
A: No, no hashtag needed if you don't want to
Q: If I only submit a hashtag, can I still win a badge?
A: Yes! There will be two badges for this contest: 1 for the best hashtag and 1 for the best advertisement
Q: Do I need to be a member of the Dragon's Den to participate?
A: Yes, but joining is easy and free. You could get around this by partnering with a Dragon's Den member
Q: Is this the longest contest introduction post ever?
A: Yes, yes it is.