Photo

Dragon Warrior 7 Monster Hearts

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Laotar

• Slime Slayer

• 2 posts
  • Location:A conundrum, wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, wrapped in a pastry
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Heyas all! I've been playing DQ 7 and wanted to get all of the rank 1 monster hearts. So far I have been successful in getting slime, lipsy, florajay, boltrat (that one took forever, got four to drop though) I've read elsewhere that beefjerky is the key to this. Does that mean I just need to have it in my pocket, or should I be actually using it on the monster in question?
I have the patience for this (I listen to music while I do it ;) ). Also any advice on this general subject is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Laotar, 27 April 2007 - 06:38 PM.

#2 Fiege

• Slime Slayer

• 9 posts
  • Interests:DQ

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

I'm playing DQ7 and I'm wondering about using the jerky too. How do you do it?

#3 Kalisiin

• Banned
  • Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,354 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

I'm playing DQ7 and I'm wondering about using the jerky too. How do you do it?

One does not use the beef jerky. you simply have to be CARRYING it, in order to recruit monsters for the Monster Park. that is the only use of the Beef Jerky.

It does not increase your chances of getting Monster Hearts. although, supposedly, if you get a lot of one kind of monster in the monster park, in one of the houses, it supposedly makes that Heart easier to get, but I never noticed the Dumbira Heart being any easier to get, even with TWO houses full of Dumbiras.
Posted Image

#4 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

It does not increase your chances of getting Monster Hearts. although, supposedly, if you get a lot of one kind of monster in the monster park, in one of the houses, it supposedly makes that Heart easier to get, but I never noticed the Dumbira Heart being any easier to get, even with TWO houses full of Dumbiras.

LOL!!! THAT is funny... I want to see a house full of Dumbiras LOL!!... for now I have one full of Healers :D
Posted Image Posted Image

MSN: lahfabri@hotmail.com
e-Mail: lahagef@yahoo.com.br

#5 Laotar

• Slime Slayer

• 2 posts
  • Location:A conundrum, wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, wrapped in a pastry

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

I did try to get the hearts to drop before I had the jerky. No dice. I don't think they drop before you have it. They seem to drop more often when I actually used the jerky on the monster in question though. I was wondering if there was any truth to that or if it was just a weird coincidence. The house full of monsters trick didn't work for me though. Some hearts drop easy (YAY Lipsy) some won't (friggin' boltrats!).

Edited by Laotar, 27 April 2007 - 11:42 PM.

#6 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

I did try to get the hearts to drop before I had the jerky. No dice. I don't think they drop before you have it. They seem to drop more often when I actually used the jerky on the monster in question though. I was wondering if there was any truth to that or if it was just a weird coincidence. The house full of monsters trick didn't work for me though. Some hearts drop easy (YAY Lipsy) some won't (friggin' boltrats!).

Laotar, note that Monster's Heart is not the same thing as CATCHING monsters... monster hearts acts like an item, that the monster may or may not drop... and the monster farm is where you keep catched monsters and beefjerky is for THIS purpoose ok? :D

#7 Kalisiin

• Banned
  • Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,354 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:28 AM

Weird coincidence. I got hearts long before I got the jerky.
Posted Image

#8 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

Weird coincidence. I got hearts long before I got the jerky.

Me too... not to mention there are many hearts in treasure chests and these dont depend on the beefjerky or anything :D

#9 Slime Master

• Jack of All Trades?

• 16,009 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, both old and new school
    Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior
    Making and playing RPGs
    Anime and Cosplay
  • Tag State:Virginia
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:03 PM

LOL!!! THAT is funny... I want to see a house full of Dumbiras LOL!!... for now I have one full of Healers :D

;) I actually did that trying to get the Dumbira Heart and JewelBag Heart, sadly, I don't think I ever got either one...

Slimes are your friend
Paid for by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Slimes.

https://www.facebook...ivo.robotnik.58Yes, I too go sucked into the black hole that is facebook

dd_bar_038.png

Games Beaten: *160*
Currently Playing: None at the moment

" Bring it. I'll love it. I've decided that anything that has Dragon Quest slapped on it is amazing. Slap a DQ logo on $#!& and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If the Final Fantasy fan girls can do the same with their series I'll do the same with mine." ~ Chaos

#10 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:13 PM

;) I actually did that trying to get the Dumbira Heart and JewelBag Heart, sadly, I don't think I ever got either one...

LOL, it IS funny indeed, I want to see a house full of Dumbiras, as of Jewell bags HAHAHAH

And this thing of house full of some monster rising chances of getting the monster heart may be just a legend, sadly :/

#11 Kalisiin

• Banned
  • Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,354 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:18 AM

I did.
It's called using a PEC Editor and code.

:devil: CHEATERS ALWAYS WIN!! :devil:

Posted Image

#12 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,757 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

I had a lot of trouble with the bolt rats, too, but I finally got one heart (or two, I don't remember).

I want Gabo to get all the monster classes. He is an Esturk now, growing all the way from level 1 classes. He is very close to platinum king now.

I have not used advanced hearts, because that would leave blanks on the lower classes. I think I still need one or two hearts to get the other path, once platinum king is mastered, to get the rose battler.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#13 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

I had a lot of trouble with the bolt rats, too, but I finally got one heart (or two, I don't remember).

I want Gabo to get all the monster classes. He is an Esturk now, growing all the way from level 1 classes. He is very close to platinum king now.

I have not used advanced hearts, because that would leave blanks on the lower classes. I think I still need one or two hearts to get the other path, once platinum king is mastered, to get the rose battler.

OMG Cartographer.... you seem to play DW7 really a lot and have a good patience :D

#14 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,757 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

It's been on hold for a couple of months now, so I could advance on other games.

I plan on going back to it sometime later this year.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#15 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

It's been on hold for a couple of months now, so I could advance on other games.

I plan on going back to it sometime later this year.

Same here... to be honest, I havent even finished my DW7 yet... I just revived the Great Hero I guess...

#16 Slime Master

• Jack of All Trades?

• 16,009 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, both old and new school
    Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior
    Making and playing RPGs
    Anime and Cosplay
  • Tag State:Virginia
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:29 PM

;) When it came to monster hearts I did the same thing as Cartographer. When I would find Monster Hearts in Treasure Chests I would use them on Gabo and as a result of this he was able to learn Megamagic (Madante) from the Rosevine Class. Also any spare hearts I got from all the extra battling I did I gave to the hero.

Slimes are your friend
Paid for by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Slimes.

https://www.facebook...ivo.robotnik.58Yes, I too go sucked into the black hole that is facebook

dd_bar_038.png

Games Beaten: *160*
Currently Playing: None at the moment

" Bring it. I'll love it. I've decided that anything that has Dragon Quest slapped on it is amazing. Slap a DQ logo on $#!& and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If the Final Fantasy fan girls can do the same with their series I'll do the same with mine." ~ Chaos

#17 Kalisiin

• Banned
  • Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,354 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

OMG Cartographer.... you seem to play DW7 really a lot and have a good patience :D

No, you want to see patience with DW7, go to the Savestate Shrine, and have a look at my "Ultimate Save" THAT took a heck of a long time to set up. I admit to hacking a couple of difficult hearts, and one Graceherb to make it happen, but it was still well over 400 hours of gameplay to make the memcard that is available over there.
Posted Image

#18 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

No, you want to see patience with DW7, go to the Savestate Shrine, and have a look at my "Ultimate Save" THAT took a heck of a long time to set up. I admit to hacking a couple of difficult hearts, and one Graceherb to make it happen, but it was still well over 400 hours of gameplay to make the memcard that is available over there.

Jesus.... you must love DW7 to much to do all of this hehehe... and well, a little hacking doesnt hurts haha :D

I'm curious and might take a look at the savestate (If I'm able to enter the savestate shrine that is)

#19 Kalisiin

• Banned
  • Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,354 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:47 PM

Jesus.... you must love DW7 to much to do all of this hehehe... and well, a little hacking doesnt hurts haha :D

I'm curious and might take a look at the savestate (If I'm able to enter the savestate shrine that is)

Here's the entry on that file...

Dragon Warrior VII (PS1)
Setting: This is the Ultimate DW7 Save...each of the five different game files has a different Immigrant Town Type, but is otherwise identical. All characters have mastered all 54 classes and all 99 Levels. Mainly, this Memory Card file is ideal for people who want to have something to exchange immigrants with...or who want to see what each of the various towns looks like...or who wants to see what a completed Monster Park looks like....or who just wants to kick ass on God, or whatever. There is nothing really to complete...this is more for people to exchange immigrants and stuff with.
Emulator: epsxe
ROM: DW7.iso
File: kalisiin.mcr
Courtesy of: Kalisiin
Posted Image

#20 Magic Babble

• Head Hunter

• 736 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Here's the entry on that file...

Dragon Warrior VII (PS1)
Setting: This is the Ultimate DW7 Save...each of the five different game files has a different Immigrant Town Type, but is otherwise identical. All characters have mastered all 54 classes and all 99 Levels. Mainly, this Memory Card file is ideal for people who want to have something to exchange immigrants with...or who want to see what each of the various towns looks like...or who wants to see what a completed Monster Park looks like....or who just wants to kick ass on God, or whatever. There is nothing really to complete...this is more for people to exchange immigrants and stuff with.
Emulator: epsxe
ROM: DW7.iso
File: kalisiin.mcr
Courtesy of: Kalisiin

Ahh I see.... you had LOTS of trouble doing that huh? :D

Can you send me the files? :P... for some reason I'm not able to enter the savestate shrine, and although I've asked Plattym about that, I fear he doesnt know why :/

Ive tried in 3 browsers (IE, FireFox and Opera) as well as in many diferent SO's (Win2k, WinXP, Linux Ubuntu)... nothing works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users