It's official: We're screwed.

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 947 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

No mention of DQ at all this E3. Nothing from Square Enix - no surprise there - but also nothing from Nintendo.

Welcome to the second dark age of DQ in the west.

#2 Proshall

• Sword Slinger

• 479 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

It's been nice knowing you all.

#3 redneckpride4ever

• Monster Masher

• 788 posts
  • Interests:DQ (obviously), beer, guns, WWE, money, Big D's Redneck Minute on Youtube, fishing, Monster Jam

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

In that case, I'll save money now, because I won't be buying a WiiU or 3DS, nor will I purchase any SE products.

Black muddy river/roll on forever
I don't care how deep or wide,
If you got another side.
Roll, muddy river.
Roll, muddy river.
Black muddy river, roll.-

The Grateful Dead

#4 Megalosaro

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,033 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

I can't decide what is a worse time to be a Dragon Quest fan.  The period from 1992 until 1999, or currently.

#5 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 708 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, mecha, Sgt. Frog, Dragon Ball, Belgian gnomes, Beauty and the Beast (both the fairy tale and the Disney version), Michael Rosen, and many more
  • Tag City:Champlin
  • Tag State:Minnesota
  • Tag Zip:55316

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Now, now! Don't get all hopeless! Nintendurr might surprise us at the end of the conference! It might be that they're translating them, but will simply decide not to show them until the end!

...Well, unless I missed something, and I was too optimistic about it.

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo, 11 June 2013 - 09:06 AM.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
Top 100 of Super Scout (Dhuran and grandpa slime) and Scout (Dhuran, yabby, and cureslime) in DQMJ2Vanilla (during March 2012).
You will almost never find me outside the Terry's Wonderland 3D forum.
Favourite monsters: Slime, mottle slime, teeny sanguini, king mottle slime, liquid metal king slime, metal king death star, slime family, great dragon, dracolord, Dragonlord, Dragovian lord, Greygnarl, Zenithian dragon, genie sanguini, king teeny sanguini, mandrake marshal, overkilling machine, just about every ???-family monster (except the Incarni and Kandar).
My channel:
http://www.youtube.c...nt?feature=mhee
My DQVI boss run (with monsters!):
https://www.youtube....feature=edit_ok

RPGs currently playing: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)

RPGs completed: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (2006), Pokemon Emerald (Jan. 2007), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (2007), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2007), Pokemon Sapphire (2007-8), Pokemon Silver (JP) (2007-8), Pokemon Diamond (Jan. 2008), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (2008, then 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon Platinum (2009), Fossil Fighters (Jan. 2010, then Dec. 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon HeartGold (Apr. 2010), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (May-Jun. 2010), Digimon World: Dawn (Aug. 2010), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Dec. 2010), Pokemon Battle Revolution (Dec. 2010-Jan. 2011) Pokemon Black (Mar.-Apr. 2011), Dragon Quest IX (Jul. 2011), Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Dec. 16, 2011), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (New Year's Day 2012), Fossil Fighters: Champions (Apr. 2012), Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (ROM) (Aug. 24, 2012), Pokemon Black 2 (DS) (Mar. 15, 2013)
RPGs on hiatus: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (GCN), Pokemon Colosseum (GCN), Dragon Warrior III (GBC), Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (NoPrgress translation) (SFC/SNES), Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2: The Hero from the Stars and the Rancher Friends (original Japanese) (PSX), Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (English fan-translation) (PSX), Paper Mario (N64, Virtual Console version)
Planning to get: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (in the near future)
Wish list: Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

#6 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,057 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'll see if I can get some sort of quote from anybody. If nothing's going on and people want to do fan translations, I'm here if folks need me, but keep in mind I'm all old 'n 35 and building a business, so I can only do what I can, when I can.

That being said, I sincerely hope whoever at Nintendo that decided to cheap out and use uStream got fired. What a complete $#!& up. Lag every five seconds no matter the quality. It up and quits on their big announcement. I've streamed every year since 2006 and there was never a problem until now. uSteam is a shitty memory hog to begin with. No excuse for that.

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#7 redneckpride4ever

• Monster Masher

• 788 posts
  • Interests:DQ (obviously), beer, guns, WWE, money, Big D's Redneck Minute on Youtube, fishing, Monster Jam

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Wow, 111 users on the Den in the last 15 minutes (87 guests plus us members anyway). I gotta wonder how many people out their are as pissed as we all are.

If you got another side.
Roll, muddy river.
Roll, muddy river.

The Grateful Dead

#8 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Has the straight list been released yet? Haven't seen anything yet.

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#9 redneckpride4ever

• Monster Masher

• 788 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Would you be able to elaborate on that one? New term to me.

If you got another side.
Roll, muddy river.
Roll, muddy river.

The Grateful Dead

#10 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 708 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, mecha, Sgt. Frog, Dragon Ball, Belgian gnomes, Beauty and the Beast (both the fairy tale and the Disney version), Michael Rosen, and many more

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Not yet.

But I'm holding out on TW3D on this year's straight list.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
Top 100 of Super Scout (Dhuran and grandpa slime) and Scout (Dhuran, yabby, and cureslime) in DQMJ2Vanilla (during March 2012).
Favourite monsters: Slime, mottle slime, teeny sanguini, king mottle slime, liquid metal king slime, metal king death star, slime family, great dragon, dracolord, Dragonlord, Dragovian lord, Greygnarl, Zenithian dragon, genie sanguini, king teeny sanguini, mandrake marshal, overkilling machine, just about every ???-family monster (except the Incarni and Kandar).
My channel:

RPGs completed: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (2006), Pokemon Emerald (Jan. 2007), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (2007), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2007), Pokemon Sapphire (2007-8), Pokemon Silver (JP) (2007-8), Pokemon Diamond (Jan. 2008), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (2008, then 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon Platinum (2009), Fossil Fighters (Jan. 2010, then Dec. 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon HeartGold (Apr. 2010), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (May-Jun. 2010), Digimon World: Dawn (Aug. 2010), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Dec. 2010), Pokemon Battle Revolution (Dec. 2010-Jan. 2011) Pokemon Black (Mar.-Apr. 2011), Dragon Quest IX (Jul. 2011), Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Dec. 16, 2011), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (New Year's Day 2012), Fossil Fighters: Champions (Apr. 2012), Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (ROM) (Aug. 24, 2012), Pokemon Black 2 (DS) (Mar. 15, 2013)
RPGs on hiatus: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (GCN), Pokemon Colosseum (GCN), Dragon Warrior III (GBC), Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (NoPrgress translation) (SFC/SNES), Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2: The Hero from the Stars and the Rancher Friends (original Japanese) (PSX), Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (English fan-translation) (PSX), Paper Mario (N64, Virtual Console version)

#11 redneckpride4ever

• Monster Masher

• 788 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'm off to work. Catch up with later.

If you got another side.
Roll, muddy river.
Roll, muddy river.

The Grateful Dead

#12 Megalosaro

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,033 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

How would we go about fan translating Dragon Quest X, anyway?  As far as I know, that's pretty much impossible with it being an MMO and all

#13 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Maybe not X, but I'd love to do a nice version of VII for everybody. Olde English Melvin and all.

#14 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,623 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Too bad... If only there were no #$%& region locks...

Now that I am finally coming out of my no-money-for-games years there are no more DQ games to buy...

I will be getting a 3DS someday (I hope). Already bought Dream Drop Distance and Devil Survivor Overclocked, so I started building my library even now.

But I would have really loved Dragon Quest VII, then Terry and yes, I would love to play Slime Morimori 3, as well.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#15 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Shortly after the conference Nintendo releases a master list of all their titles for the coming year. Only the heavy hitters like Women's Murder Club make the conference.

#16 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 947 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

How would we go about fan translating Dragon Quest X, anyway?  As far as I know, that's pretty much impossible with it being an MMO and all

Tell that to these guys:

http://psumods.co.uk...c.php?f=4&t=206

#17 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 708 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Shortly after the conference Nintendo releases a master list of all their titles for the coming year. Only the heavy hitters like Women's Murder Club make the conference.

I can understand now! The DQ titles aren't exactly heavy-hitters! So that's why they weren't in the Nintendo Direct or the conference!

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
My channel:

#18 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

I can understand now! The DQ titles aren't exactly heavy-hitters! So that's why they weren't in the Nintendo Direct or the conference!

emmastone-thumbsup1qwu6x.gif

#19 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 947 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

When do they usually put out the master list?  Have your contacts said anything, bossman?

#20 ethanej

• Sword Slinger

• 341 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1721-5975-7443
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, building computers, et cetera
  • Tag City:Sandy Lake
  • Tag State:PA
  • Tag Zip:16145

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

When do they usually put out the master list?  Have your contacts said anything, bossman?

I think it was at the end of the E3 conference last year. Where they had put game related materials like images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users