Photo

I need a lil help on a project/game i want to make

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dragovian_David

• Slime Slayer

• 7 posts
  • Interests:I love Dragon Quest and most of RPG games.I like to read,practice martial arts,do some sprites and animations,working with 3D models,watching TV,etc.
  • Tag City:Valls
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

I want to make either an animated movie or a new game of the Dragon Quest VIII charatcers,something like a DQVIII PART-2, something that can show up more adventures before the current DQVIII main story. I heard that 3D models can be extracted from Dragon Quest Monsters: Battle Road Victory so i downloaded the .wad file that contains the game but i don't really know how to extract models and use them.If someone knows about this please awnser or PM me.

(If i posted this topic in the wrong site let me know. I'm new here,so i don't know much where to post this.)

Thanks in advance.

#2 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

I'm sorry I can't help with your question, but I am curious; Have you ever used 3D models before and actually used them for anything?
This is actually fairly accurate to me ^^;
Posted Image

#3 Erdrick The Hero

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,946 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon, Dubstep, Portal, random web surfing. In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Do you have Game Maker? If you have the pro version of 7 *8 or 8.1 might work too* I might be able to help you program a game if you are willing to model everything from scratch.

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

PROGRESS: (Percentages are approximate.)
Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

Mapping (and eventing): 1%
Graphics: 15%
Custom Scripts: 90%
Music: 88%
Special Thanks to Jamiras843 for all his great help!

dw7keifer.gif

#4 Dragovian_David

• Slime Slayer

• 7 posts
  • Interests:I love Dragon Quest and most of RPG games.I like to read,practice martial arts,do some sprites and animations,working with 3D models,watching TV,etc.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

I'm sorry I can't help with your question, but I am curious; Have you ever used 3D models before and actually used them for anything?

Yeah i made some tests with Blender and Cinema 4D but i need to improve a bit.

Do you have Game Maker? If you have the pro version of 7 *8 or 8.1 might work too* I might be able to help you program a game if you are willing to model everything from scratch.

No i don't have that program but i heard about it and watched some YT vids.It whould be nice if you can give me a link to it, if it's not a problem.

#5 Erdrick The Hero

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,946 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon, Dubstep, Portal, random web surfing. In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

well you have to buy the pro version for 3D... and it will have to be low polygon count... And you will need a lot of patience as I am new to 3D programming. Also, if you already have the models make sure they have very low polygon count (PS1 quality or lower, please at least to start tests) and convert to .obj files. I don't know if I can get these to work right but if not they will need to be re-modeled in a specific program that can export Game Maker - specific .gmmod files. Sorry, but if this works out it will be cool. Don't get your hopes up though. Also, have you thought about doing them in a style closer to DW7 or DQ4-6 DS? That might be easier... But I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

dw7keifer.gif

#6 Dragovian_David

• Slime Slayer

• 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Well it's a good suggestion though. I really need to think in wich style i really mant to make it...Maybe i'll make a tenst with 2-d and then if it succeds i'll make it 3-d. I dunno...

#7 Erdrick The Hero

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I've been trying to get around to making an engine similar to that of DWVII's but for the PC, so if that's what you want, I really don't mind at all working on it... You'll just have to be patient because right now I have school.

ojdy04.png

Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

dw7keifer.gif

#8 Erdrick The Hero

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,946 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

If you have a story already, I can try to do all the programming on my end because I have the software. The first thing I want to try is the world map. If you can make one using tiles from DQ6/DQ3 SFC and send it to me in .bmp format, I can try making the 3D one. But you need to decide what type of engine you want first. DQ8-style would be the most complicated, and DQ7/DQ4-6DS style would be simplest. A hybrid, kind of like DQ9's engine, would also be possible, and would be somewhere in the middle. If you've played DQ5 for the PS2, that engine would be about as simple as DQ7's to program (they're very similar) but would require actual models for characters, like DQ8 but more chibi-ish. So, pick an engine style and make a map, and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I wasn't paying attention. Anyways, it's been a week or so since the last post.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero, 06 May 2012 - 02:11 AM.

ojdy04.png

Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

dw7keifer.gif

#9 Dragovian_David

• Slime Slayer

• 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

sorry for awnsering so late but i had problems with my whole computer, i had made some 3d models for myself but my hard disk died and also i could not log in the forums... Well actually a lot of things happened... I'm waiting for a new computer that will arrive next week so i can begin from scratch and with better programs!

#10 Ljink

• Avid Alchemist

• 182 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, making RPG maker games, playing rpgs, especially Dragon Quest, Inuyasha, Super Smash Bros., Super Mario, Final Fantasy, Chrono Series, Playing piano, Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii Homebrew Channel, 3DSXL, Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Z Kai/Kai/Movies/Artwork/EVERYTHING TORIYAMA
  • Tag City:Indianapolis
  • Tag State:Indiana
  • Tag Zip:46112

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

sorry for awnsering so late but i had problems with my whole computer, i had made some 3d models for myself but my hard disk died and also i could not log in the forums... Well actually a lot of things happened... I'm waiting for a new computer that will arrive next week so i can begin from scratch and with better programs!

All of your Harddisk is gone or you just can't access it? If the files are still on the drive I can be of help. I'm in no way trying to tell you to forget your new one because I was in your same perdicament a while ago.

I hate Dholmagus with a BURNING PASSION! EDIT(1/12/13): Not anymore, I just wiped the floor with his butt!

med_gallery_8184_47_178033.jpeg

CHECK OUT DRAGON QUEST +

If you like Dragon Quest then you should really give this a go! Remake of Dragon Quest with updated visuals, quests, and so much more. Visit RPGmaker.net today and subscribe:D Or else...

melvin.jpg(Retook the personality quiz)i41w5h.gif(Too Funny)
Dragon Quest Headquarters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users