Photo

Enemy Monsters

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Bane of Baramos

• 2,593 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Country:Canada
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I was looking through the list of Enemy Monsters on this site and I noticed some I haven't faced yet. Can somebody tell me where/how I can fight them? This list is as follows:
Barbarus
Cross Bones
Dhoulmagus
Frou-Frou
Gem Slime
Great Dracky
Malevolamp
Nokturnus
Overkilling Machine(not the boss battle one)
Prince O' Thieves
Robbin' Hood
Robbin' Huddle
Schleiman Tank
Shogum

Thanks for your help.

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

Contest #107-Can I Get A Caption With That?

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28710#entry374454

Terry's Wonderland 3D

http://www.dragonquest.jp/terry3ds/

X

http://www.dqx.jp/

Join The Revolution!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WeDemandMoreDragonQuestInTheUsa

DQVII

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq7/

#2 PantheonSasuke

• Monster Masher

• 960 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

I believe most of these monsters refer to ones found through special tagging. I think malevolamp and the non-Bemusoleum overkilling machine are monsters you might find through tagging VI. Shogum might be one for IX. As for the three thug-related monsters, I think they might randomly appear when trying to tag.

Barbarus might be the one that was being offered at that event they held when the games were first released, but I don't know where Dhoulmagus, gem slimes, Nokturnus and the Schleiman Tank are coming from. They might be similar event monsters, if I had to guess.

You fight cross bones as part of the battles against Captain Crow. I don't think they appear as scoutable monsters at any point.

Frou-frous and great drackies can be found in the wild and scouted. I don't know when they first appear, but when they do you can find great drackies in the big underground pond of the Doubtback (same area with healslimes and mischievous moles usually). They're suspiciously large, so they aren't hard to miss when they're there. Frou-frous will appear in Iceolation in the room with the Zip Portal... or Ziportal... anyway, they appear one at a time in the room you can warp back to, but sort've off in a dead-end part of the chamber, usually with two frou-fries next to it. I also think they only show up there during the day.

#3 Thunderbolta

• Avid Alchemist

• 234 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0476-1916-1926

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Nokturnus, Overkilling Machine, Cross Bones, Dhoulmagus, Gem Slime, and Shogum can all be synthesised.

I strongly recommend using a guide for Nokturnus, and you'll need another Captain Crow.

Barbarus, Gem Slime, Schliemen Tank can all be won from the WMC.

Robbers are a random tag.
Posted Image

#4 The_Dark_Black_Dragon

• Head Hunter

• 586 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1764-6361-8034
  • Location:Under the violet moon, awaiting for the next snow storm to form.
  • Interests:Of course my interests.. Care to know?

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

prince o theves is almost impossible to get without the right scout team and with out the right amount of DS
  • Posted Imagemy fav monsters: trauiminator nemeslime rigor mortex platinum king jewels wildcard ace of spades estark saggittar ruin zenith dragon great dragon/black dragon gem slime Pandoras box barbarus protomeches and uberkilling/overkilling machines
  • Lord_Rigor_Mortex

#5 RPG Wizard

• Metal Master

• 1,007 posts
  • Tag City:NYC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

You fight cross bones as part of the battles against Captain Crow. I don't think they appear as scoutable monsters at any point.

Frou-frous and great drackies can be found in the wild and scouted. I don't know when they first appear, but when they do you can find great drackies in the big underground pond of the Doubtback (same area with healslimes and mischievous moles usually). They're suspiciously large, so they aren't hard to miss when they're there. Frou-frous will appear in Iceolation in the room with the Zip Portal... or Ziportal... anyway, they appear one at a time in the room you can warp back to, but sort've off in a dead-end part of the chamber, usually with two frou-fries next to it. I also think they only show up there during the day.

To correct a few things, and restate Pantheon Sasuke a few times...

As Pantheon Sasuke said, Cross Bones is from Capt Crow's crew. Not-scoutable.

(Don't need to comment on Great Dracky or Frou-frou either, as he covered those well.)

Barbarus, Dhoulmagus, Nokturnus, and Schleiman Tank are all tags from the arcade Monster Battle Road II. Scoutable and have unique weapons. Also the ONLY way to get Morrie's Melange and Battle Road Master. (The event Barbarus was a tag from MBR2, as far as I can tell.)

Pantheon Sasuke is also correct in that Malevolamp and Overkilling machine are two of the DQ6 tags. (The other two being Noble Gasbagon and Mottle slime) He is also right about Shogum being a DQ9 tag. (The other two being Teeny Sanguini and Slime stack.)

The giveaway for all of the "tag other game" monsters is that they ALL have a unique drop, be it weapon or Amor Seco Essence from the Mottle Slime.

And as stated, the three thieves/robbers are all randomly encountered while tagging. I estimate it to be about a 20% rate, though it's variable.

The Gem Slime though is interesting. I don't know what it pertains to, and it seems like a weird outlier. Perhaps SOuimet or someone else who's delved into the game code has an idea.

#6 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1163-2955-0100

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

what drop does gem slime have?
Why yes, I do play Star Trek Online.
If you like 4x games go here: FreeOrion
DWM2 Rules!!!
View the Dragon Lord's Minions
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 SOuimet

• Sword Slinger

• 262 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3096-0435-6280

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

My personal opinion is that the Gem Slime is a dummy monster, added for the pleasure of the testers, removed before the release.
It's fully scoutable, with no drops, at level 1, with workable defense (512, compared to 999 for the other metals, so that there are chances of a scout).
It even uses magic burst, with 88 mp and flee half of the time.

So it's technically correct monster fight, which isn't anywhere in the game. It can only be fought using an AR code.

It could have been the basis for the wifi prize, but the level, stats and skillsets don't match.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Ah, maybe they were plannign on adding it somewhere as a rarespawn?
DWM2 Rules!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 788 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2623-7540-8546
  • Interests:Foxes, Magic.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Shogum is tagged by 9. Malevolamp and Overkilling machine are both tagged by 6

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#10 RPG Wizard

• Metal Master

• 1,007 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Ah, maybe they were plannign on adding it somewhere as a rarespawn?

Given that is has no drop...I don't know. I'd expect a rare spawn to have a drop. I think I'm more inclined to support the "developer/playtester's toy" theory.

#11 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I was thinking of somethign analogous to Meddle Slimes. Maybe Land of Light?
DWM2 Rules!!!

#12 RPG Wizard

• Metal Master

• 1,007 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

The difference there still is that meddle slimes have drops. Though what you're suggesting could be possible. I doubt we'll ever know though.

#13 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

yeah we'll probably never know. I was thinking that it might not have a drop because they were planning to remove it.
DWM2 Rules!!!

#14 RPG Wizard

• Metal Master

• 1,007 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Seems like a strange half-assing to me. I mean, put it in for testing, but don't give it a drop because we're planning to remove it? Might as well use it to test drops while they're at it. (Also, in my experience, it is FAR easier to just dummy things out than to remove them, because in general, the players are never going to see it unless they muck about with cheats and that's on them, and additionally, what if we need to use it again to test something? Just leave it in there, we've got space.)

#15 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Well, game designers have been known to do stranger things...

One example is the Sevii islands in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. The actual number of maps that were programmed in is considerably greater than the number accessible in the game. Why did the designers program in 2 incomplete maps? Why did they add names for 5 more maps that don't exist at all? the world may never know.... :P
DWM2 Rules!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users