200 replies to this topic

#81 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,759 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

I just read the Crocodine part. I am glad people still talk about Dai in Japan.

The character I saw more as the Paladin, sacrificing his own life for others, was Hyunckel, who also had the whole darkness and light theme like Cecil from FF IV.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#82 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,027 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Skills points stick with jobs, so you can't fill up a separate skill using points from another class.

Tch, so much for leveling up a bunch in vocations I don't really use and using the skill points elsewhere :P I guess they wouldn't want the players getting potentially decent skills too early on. I wonder if you'd have to be careful about using seeds of skill? Might want to be mindful of your current vocation before eatin'em, or the points might get stuck on a vocation you're tiring of.

Sounds pretty Dragon Questy thus far, though. That part about character rental makes it sound like you can't really influence the price you offer. I guess they don't want folks setting low prices on super strong characters that'd make things too easy for a lower level player. All the same, I don't want it to feel like I'm ripping someone off when putting my character up to be hired :P

#83 ENIX

• Avid Alchemist

• 211 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Next window:
2012/3/31(土) ~ 2012/4/6(金) 14:00~27:00

#84 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 909 posts
  • Interests:I LP games fairly often.

www.youtube.com/user/neofrodo
  • Tag City:Crestview
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32539
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Tch, so much for leveling up a bunch in vocations I don't really use and using the skill points elsewhere :P I guess they wouldn't want the players getting potentially decent skills too early on. I wonder if you'd have to be careful about using seeds of skill? Might want to be mindful of your current vocation before eatin'em, or the points might get stuck on a vocation you're tiring of.

Sounds pretty Dragon Questy thus far, though. That part about character rental makes it sound like you can't really influence the price you offer. I guess they don't want folks setting low prices on super strong characters that'd make things too easy for a lower level player. All the same, I don't want it to feel like I'm ripping someone off when putting my character up to be hired :P

It does sound alot like Dragon Quest. And thankfully its for the Wii so that people will have no trouble getting online. (a rather annoying problem alot of people had with DQIX)

I also like how skill points dont carry over. This gives specific character roles to your people which I've always preferred in RPGs. I just hope the game doesnt turn into a huge unnecessary grind like FFXI and WoW became. Lets hope so.

I like to do Lets Plays for entertainment. Come watch me sometime.

#85 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,680 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4083-8325-9641
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, anime, manga, computers.
  • Tag City:Los Angeles

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

I just read the Crocodine part. I am glad people still talk about Dai in Japan.

The character I saw more as the Paladin, sacrificing his own life for others, was Hyunckel, who also had the whole darkness and light theme like Cecil from FF IV.

I thought you would enjoy that part. The difference between Hyunckel and Crocodine is that Crocodine spends more of his time getting hit and isn't on the whole very successful with his offensive moves. Hyunckel doesn't get hit for others nearly as much, and he is much more successful offensively.

Next window:
2012/3/31(土) ~ 2012/4/6(金) 14:00~27:00

Yep. Phase 1.4 starts Saturday March 31, 2012 and lasts to Friday April 6, 2012. Every day from 2pm to 3am. What timezone are you in Enix?
No additional story/land/level etc opened for this phase.

I also like how skill points dont carry over. This gives specific character roles to your people which I've always preferred in RPGs. I just hope the game doesnt turn into a huge unnecessary grind like FFXI and WoW became. Lets hope so.

I like skill points carrying over. I like spells carrying over as well. I didn't use as many spells in DQIX due to not necessarily having them because of the job I might be in. I like to make the ultimate character. But I can see how in an online game they want to makre each persons job more distinct.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#86 Gloomy

• Avid Alchemist

• 232 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

So I was talking to a guy on twitter about the beta. He's been playing a little bit on and off and told me that you don't have direct control over your character during battles. This seems to run contrary to what I understood from other write ups and footage, can anyone comment on the battles and player movement?

#87 ENIX

• Avid Alchemist

• 211 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yep. Phase 1.4 starts Saturday March 31, 2012 and lasts to Friday April 6, 2012. Every day from 2pm to 3am. What timezone are you in Enix?
No additional story/land/level etc opened for this phase.

Mountain.

#88 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,680 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

So I was talking to a guy on twitter about the beta. He's been playing a little bit on and off and told me that you don't have direct control over your character during battles. This seems to run contrary to what I understood from other write ups and footage, can anyone comment on the battles and player movement?

My understanding is you have full control over yourself, but your party members are AI. Since the battle is realtime it would be hard to choose each command for them, and you also can move around during battle such as push a monster around, so there is no way to control that many characters at once.

Mountain.

So basically you can play whenever the clock has a.m at the end. That should be nice on the weekends By the way, you might want to ask Woodus if he could host your video for you. One video did show up on Niconico but now it got shut down pretty fast with people from 2ch harassing the person for breaking the Non Disclosure. Have you received you package yet? I know I at least would be interested in scans of the booklet that comes with the game.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#89 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,230 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

I know I at least would be interested in scans of the booklet that comes with the game.

Posted Image

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#90 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,680 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

I know I at least would be interested in scans of the booklet that comes with the game.

<Exicted Lady picture>

Yeah, I knew you would probably be interested too ^_^

By the way, Dwaine, I heard on 2ch that on the Official Beta test forum there is a thread where people are requesting that the female character's breasts jiggle when they move.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#91 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 13,155 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Nice

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#92 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,230 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

By the way, Dwaine, I heard on 2ch that on the Official Beta test forum there is a thread where people are requesting that the female character's breasts jiggle when they move.

Dammit, Japan...

Posted Image

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#93 Gloomy

• Avid Alchemist

• 232 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image
Footage of a real Japanese person's perception of how the female body works.

Edited by Gloomy, 30 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#94 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 909 posts
  • Interests:I LP games fairly often.

• Tag City:Crestview
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32539
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, I knew you would probably be interested too ^_^

Honestly I shouldnt be surprised by this. It does annoy me that this is their highest priority tho. At least they arent showing off the Puff-Puff in action. At least I hope it hasnt come to that. >_>

Edited by Tesla, 30 March 2012 - 03:39 PM.

I like to do Lets Plays for entertainment. Come watch me sometime.

#95 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,027 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Dammit, Japan...

<gif of what appears to be Prince>

... I wouldn't mind.

Honestly I shouldnt be surprised by this. It does annoy me that this is their highest priority tho. At least they arent showing off the Puff-Puff in action. At least I hope it hasnt come to that. >_>

It wasn't an acquirable move in IX, from what I recall. If they decide to add it back in X... yeesh, I can just imagine all the burly, male ogre characters trolling that.

Ahahahah... aaaahahahahahahahahaa!!!

#96 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,230 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Appears to be Prince?! You should know that's Prince! There are so many wonderful Prince gifs. The psycho girl is from some game show. Speaking of which, ever Google a hot girl you've seen on a game show? It's nice when it pops up as a suggestion. You don't feel quite so pathetic.

#97 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,027 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Appears to be Prince?! You should know that's Prince!

I try not to be 100% certain when stating certain things. Doing that helps make me feel like less of a buffoon when I turn out to be wrong in what I was assuming. As a result, what I say is often rife with 'I think's and 'maybe's. Besides that, though, I am usually uncertain about a lot of stuff.

In other news, I decided in the last 10 - 20 minutes to see what the DQX Twitter feed might be saying, so I've been pasting it into Google translate. The stuff they had recently put up seems like standard messages to the testers. Thanks and warnings and all. There was also this.

本日、東日本は天候がすぐれないようですね。そのためか、テスターの方がいつもより多く参加している気配です。

Which got goog'd into this.

Today, East sounds like the weather is not good. What is the sign For these reasons, the testers have participated more than usual.

I get the impression more people are testing because the weather ain't looking so hot over in Japan? That kinda makes it sound like there is more time being offered to testing, though, if they're trying to avoid storms. Mind, I probably shouldn't be making guesses at things I have very little understanding of, yo.

#98 Megalosaro

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,059 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Basically, since the weather is bad, people aren't going outside, which means they're playing more

#99 Gloomy

• Avid Alchemist

• 232 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

What's the story behind this?

#100 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Dammit, Japan...
<Picture that Dwaine confirmed was Prince>

Well, there are two things to be happy about.
1) That the creators did not put that in to begin with.
2) That the people on 2ch also were not happy about that thread.

What's the story behind this?

Ohh, thanks.
I had heard that Beta testers had been given the OK to post links to their online profiles. That seems to be a wiki of them. Nice to see the different skin colors that are available. One of the ogre's (with orange wavy hair) reminds me of some anime character. But I can't remember who.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users