Photo

Dragons Den RPG 2:The Terranic Empire

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Square-Enix, Wrestling, Movies, Sports.
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

I know I posted a topic about it awhile ago, but that was before I had chosen the name of the game, and had much less details figured out at the time.

Currently I have figured out:

-The Name(in the topic title), which if anyone wonders is in refernece to Terranos, who the forum voted in as the Final Boss name for the first game.
-The game is a SEQUEL to the first game, even with the first game turned into a Dungeon Crawler. Version 3.0 of the first game will include some story aspects, and give some slight story hints into this game.
-This game WILL NOT be a dungeon crawler, and will not become one later on.
-The Job Class system from the first game will not return, and instead be replaced with something else, but I won't reveal it until a later time.
-That unnamed system is one of 3 scripts I have found and put in the game that will certainly make the game feel very different then the first, 2 of them more so then the other., but they won't be revealed yet.
-Unlike the first one, and I know it may dissapoint some will not include DD Forum members as the playable characters, I may add some as Post-Game NPC's if I do a Post-Game, but that's pretty much the only way they'd be in. There will be some DD involvement, hopefully(look below).
-World Map and Story will be an original and no DQ/FF crossover world, but equipment, spells, and items will be a combo of FFIV/DQIII.
-The reason of no crossover world is that unlike the first game I have a partner will be helping me design and craft the story, and everything else related to the game. FFIV/DQIII was originally to be the crossover world, but was changed then.
-Random battle monsters will be from FFIV/DQIII for the most part, but seeing as I know many people on here made their own DQ Monster sprites, I was thinking of letting people from here make some sprites to use for the game. I expect most will be DQ, but if someone makes some SNES FF style sprites, I wouldn't mind either. How many of these I use is hard to say right now.
Esturk is the True Ruler of Evil

Dragons Den RPG Progress:

TBD on Future

Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XIII(PS3) & Pokemon Soul Silver(DS)

Currently On Hold:Dragon Quest IV(DS, US Version), Mother 3(Fan Translation), Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings, Dragon Quest Swords, Mario & Lugi:Bowser's Inside Story, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:The Crystal Bearers, and Crystal Defenders.

Waiting For:Dragon Quest IX(2010), Final Fantasy vs. XIII(PS3, 2011), Dragon Quest VI(DS, 2010), Final Fantasy XIV(PS3, 2010), Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker(PSP, 2010), and Metal Gear Solid:Rising(PS3, 2010)

Recently Beat: Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest IV(DS, Jap. Version), Earthbound(Replay), Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest(Replay), Lego Star Wars II, Lego Indiana Jones, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Liquid Easy), Final Fantasy IV (DS), Star Wars:The Force Unleashed, Chrono Trigger DS, Dissidia Final Fantasy(Jap. Version), Super Bowl Champs in Madden NFL 09, Final Fantasy V Advance, Dragon Quest V DS, Final Fantasy XIII Demo, Dirge of Cerberus:Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Naked Normal), Final Fantasy II(PSP), Final Fantasy VII(Replay), Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IV:The After Years, Final Fantasy I(PSP, FF Marathon), & Final Fantasy II(PSP, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy III(DS, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IV(SNES, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy V(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VI(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VIII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IX(FF Marathon), Final fantasy XIII, and Pokemon Soul Silver.

#2 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 835 posts
  • Interests:I LP games fairly often.

www.youtube.com/user/neofrodo
  • Tag City:Crestview
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32539
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Oh wow. This sounds really awesome actually. Are you going to post screenshots or videos? What about testers? I wouldnt mind helping out with that. :D

I like to do Lets Plays for entertainment. Come watch me sometime.

#3 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Square-Enix, Wrestling, Movies, Sports.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Oh wow. This sounds really awesome actually. Are you going to post screenshots or videos? What about testers? I wouldnt mind helping out with that. :D

Sure, you can test it, but as of right now, it's just in the planning stages. We plan to design a story outline from beginning to end first, followed by making a world map, then we'll probably go into the RPGMVX program and start to put the game together. I'm still waiting to receive my game file back from Jamiras843(I think that's the right numbers?) which includes some new tilesets I'll be using for the game, and some other chnages I think, so even if the story is already to go, I need to wait for that to do anything. Now, once all that is gone and the game is being worked on in RPGMVX, good possibility I'll add some screenshots, not so sure about vids though.

TBD on Future

Currently On Hold:Dragon Quest IV(DS, US Version), Mother 3(Fan Translation), Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings, Dragon Quest Swords, Mario & Lugi:Bowser's Inside Story, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:The Crystal Bearers, and Crystal Defenders.

Waiting For:Dragon Quest IX(2010), Final Fantasy vs. XIII(PS3, 2011), Dragon Quest VI(DS, 2010), Final Fantasy XIV(PS3, 2010), Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker(PSP, 2010), and Metal Gear Solid:Rising(PS3, 2010)

Recently Beat: Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest IV(DS, Jap. Version), Earthbound(Replay), Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest(Replay), Lego Star Wars II, Lego Indiana Jones, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Liquid Easy), Final Fantasy IV (DS), Star Wars:The Force Unleashed, Chrono Trigger DS, Dissidia Final Fantasy(Jap. Version), Super Bowl Champs in Madden NFL 09, Final Fantasy V Advance, Dragon Quest V DS, Final Fantasy XIII Demo, Dirge of Cerberus:Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Naked Normal), Final Fantasy II(PSP), Final Fantasy VII(Replay), Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IV:The After Years, Final Fantasy I(PSP, FF Marathon), & Final Fantasy II(PSP, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy III(DS, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IV(SNES, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy V(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VI(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VIII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IX(FF Marathon), Final fantasy XIII, and Pokemon Soul Silver.

#4 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,088 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, that's me. Ill be done in a week or so. Promise!
space for rent, inquire within.

#5 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, that's me. Ill be done in a week or so. Promise!

alright, thanks, can't wait

TBD on Future

#6 Mist

• Avid Alchemist

• 134 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

A second game huh, I sure like the sound of that.

#7 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 835 posts
  • Interests:I LP games fairly often.

• Tag City:Crestview
  • Tag Zip:32539
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yeah. It sounds really cool. :D

I like to do Lets Plays for entertainment. Come watch me sometime.

#8 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Have finished deciding on the characters, all the equipment, and early parts of the story in an outline.

TBD on Future

#9 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,088 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Tiles are done, just working on the last 2 sprite sheets.

#10 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Tiles are done, just working on the last 2 sprite sheets.

cool

TBD on Future

#11 Plattym3

• Heralded Hero

• 11,254 posts
  • Tag City:Orlando

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wow! Good luck!

Games in progress: Dragon Island, Hunter Island, DQVIII

Games in (permanent?) hiatus: Golden Sun 3, Nostalgia, Blue Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
Wish List: All those DQ games that have been released in Japan in the past few years but not here.
RPGs completed: FFI & DWI - IV back in the early 90s, 7th Saga late-90s, FFVI 1999 (my first ROM), DQV 2/1/03 as the whole Columbia disaster unfolded that morning, DWVII 8/03, Torneko: The Last Hope 10/03, Pokemon Trading Card Game 12/03, DWM 1/04, DWIII for GBC 2/04, DWM2 Cobi 2/04, Star Ocean 2nd Story 4/04, DWI for GBC 4/04, Torneco no Daibouken 6/04, Phantasy Star 1 7/04, DQVI 7/04, Chrono Cross 9/04 (during hurricance Frances), Grandia 10/04, Chrono Trigger 10/04, Pokemon Leaf Green 11/04, Breath of Fire 12/04, Grandia II 1/05, Grandia Xtreme 2/05, Dark Cloud 2/05, LOTR: 3rd Age GBA 3/05, LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 3/05, Golden Sun 4/05, Dark Cloud II 5/05, Star Ocean 3: Til The End of Time 6/05, DWII for GBC 6/05, FFX 6/05, Golden Sun: The Lost Age 7/05, Destiny of an Emperor 9/05, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom 10/05, Kingdom Hearts 11/05, DQVIII 12/05, FFI (GBA) 2/06, Grandia III 4/06, GBA FF2 4/06, Kingdom Hearts 2 5/06, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (full Pokedex - 200) 6/06, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 6/06, Pokemon Crystal 7/06, DWM2 all 312 monsters 7/06, Lufia II 8/06, Pokemon FireRed (150 Kanto Pokedex) 9/06, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team 9/06, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 10/06, FFIII DS 12/06, Pokemon Ranger 12/06, DQM: Joker (J) 2/07, Slime Morimori 2/07, FFV GBA 2/07, FFIV GBA 2/07, Pokemon Diamond 5/07, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 5/07, Children of Mana 6/07, Rogue Galaxy 6/07, Itadaki Street DS 7/07, Etrian Odyssey 7/07, Joker (US) 11/07, DQIV DS (J) 12/07, FFXII 12/07, Rune Factory 1/08, DQ Swords 2/08, Magical Starsign 3/08, DQM: Caravan Heart 4/08, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness 5/08, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 7/08, DQV (J) 7/08, Digimon World DS 8/08, Legend of Dragoon 8/08, DQIV DS (US) 10/08, Rhapsody DS 10/08, DQV DS 11/08, DQVI DS 7/11, DQIX 10/11, DQM: Joker 2 11/11, Puzzle Quest 2 12/11, Rune Factory 3 2/12, Gailardria I 5/12, Pokemon White 6/12, Rune Factory 2 5/13, Etrian Odyssey III 6/13, Etrian Odyssey IV 8/13, Pokemon X 11/13, Rune Factory 4 1/14, Pokemon Black 2 5/14

#12 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I got the tilesets, which is a big step, so I can start working on the actual game when it's time to.

TBD on Future

#13 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

UPDATE: The story is currently being worked on, could be finished in the next 2-4 weeks or so. Not sure what's after that.

TBD on Future

#14 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

UPDATE: Story is complete, but now it's being put it a script, which is around 55-60% complete or so right now. All items, equipment, and spells/skills have been placed into the games database. Pretty much all's that left is the world map, plus all the maps for the game's locations, the script, and putting it altogether.

TBD on Future

#15 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

UPDATE(for anyone still paying attention, lol):Script is 95% complete, should be done in the next week or two, all monsters pics and troops are set up in the games database along with the games music, had the world map complete, but the game file got corrupted when I had an unexpected 1 second power outage while working on the game and was unable to bring the map file over to my new game file. I need to re-make the map then, then me and my co-game maker will make the games locations maps, which will leave putting everything together with events as the last thing to do. While I have honestly have no clue on when we'll be done, I'd hope to have it finished by the end of the year.

TBD on Future

#16 Erdrick The Hero

• Bane of Baramos

• 2,282 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon, Dubstep, Portal, random web surfing. In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Good luck on the game! I know corrupted files are a pain in the neck. Yesterday my surge protector went off and killed power to my computer when I was working on my game, and I hadn't clicked save in hours. Thank goodness I had just playtested and that saved the game.

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

PROGRESS: (Percentages are approximate.)
Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

Mapping (and eventing): 0%
Graphics: ???
Custom Scripts: ???
Music: 88%

PROJECT ENGINE CHANGE: I have moved the project away from RPG Maker entirely. It is a great tool for making 2D RPGs, but just won't work with this project, even with the amazing H-Mode 7 scripts. I will be building my own engine for the game in YoYo Games' Game Maker. The engine will be much more powerful and much, much more flexible.

Special Thanks to Jamiras843, who was a tremendous help when I was still using RPG Maker. Unfortunately, I will not be using his scripts anymore, but he deserves credit anyways. He has supplied me with some battle formulas, and is also a great source of moral support for the project. (Also, he helped with a few plot-related things. Sorry, no spoilers!)

dw7keifer.gif

#17 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,088 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Woo! I was wondering if this was still going on! I hope it still has the features I saw from the base :)

#18 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Woo! I was wondering if this was still going on! I hope it still has the features I saw from the base :)

yep, everything you saw

TBD on Future

#19 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Theres been no rushing, so development has been kinda slow lately, picked back of recently though.

TBD on Future

#20 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,259 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

UPDATE: Script is near complete, just coming on a little slowly, world map has been re-made and re-worked some. One hurdle for map making was just removed, so really all that's left is making all the games maps, then putting in the story events and balancing the game. Hopefully which things picking up soon, could have game done by the end of the year.

TBD on Future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users