Revival of DWM VX

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

I think it was noticed much on the original because of how bland the NES sprite was in comparison. With color the sprite actually stands out. The hood doesn't look as weird in non-reddish environments as it does in the castle. But I can attempt to dehood the sprite.
space for rent, inquire within.

#62 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image
Princess, sans hood. Magnified 200%

#63 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 837 posts
  • Interests:I LP games fairly often.

www.youtube.com/user/neofrodo
  • Tag City:Crestview
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32539
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

That looks pretty nice actually. :D

Note: When I played the original I didnt even know she was wearing a hood. I just thought it was pretty purple hair. I was wrong. : (

Edited by Tesla, 04 March 2012 - 12:24 PM.

I like to do Lets Plays for entertainment. Come watch me sometime.

#64 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

ah, when I was younger I thought it was a hood with a train, like on a wedding dress. I'll continue on after some quality gaming. I have not played a game in 2 weeks!

Edited by jamiras843, 04 March 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#65 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 837 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well you have certainly earned it. XD

#66 Gooptek

• Sword Slinger

• 287 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2666-6395-4389
  • Interests:Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is a good manga, I guess.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Do you have ALL the mosters ready and don't want to take anymore, or are you accepting ideas?
Because, you know, I have an idea, even thought I don't know if there's already a Fangame with it...

#67 Erdrick The Hero

• Bane of Baramos

• 2,516 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Scuba Diving, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon -- In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Wow, I lose internet connection for about half a day and the forums explode, after days of near inactivity.

I guess I'm the only one hellbent on trying to make my games look new and official. If you don't go overboard with non-GBC graphics, I guess it's fine. I'm sorry for arguing. It's just that I've seen many fangames where people just don't give a **** and it ends up looking horrible. But if you're careful, go ahead.

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

PROGRESS: I don't friggin' know. Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes!
Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

Mapping (and eventing): 0%
Graphics: ???
Custom Scripts: ???
Music: 88%

PROJECT ENGINE CHANGE: I have moved the project away from RPG Maker entirely. It is a great tool for making 2D RPGs, but just won't work with this project, even with the amazing H-Mode 7 scripts. I will be building my own engine for the game in YoYo Games' Game Maker. The engine will be much more powerful and much, much more flexible. Who knows?

Special Thanks to Jamiras843, who was a tremendous help when I was still using RPG Maker. Unfortunately, I will not be using his scripts anymore, but he deserves credit anyways. He has supplied me with some battle formulas, and is also a great source of moral support for the project. (Also, he helped with a few plot-related things. Sorry, no spoilers!)

dw7keifer.gif

#68 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Do you think I would give out mediocre tiles! I do my best! You should know from my game!

#69 Erdrick The Hero

• Bane of Baramos

• 2,516 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Scuba Diving, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon -- In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

I wasn't talking about the tileset itself. I'm just talking about how they are used and what materials are used with them.
Sorry if I offended you, but that's not what I meant.

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

PROJECT ENGINE CHANGE: I have moved the project away from RPG Maker entirely. It is a great tool for making 2D RPGs, but just won't work with this project, even with the amazing H-Mode 7 scripts. I will be building my own engine for the game in YoYo Games' Game Maker. The engine will be much more powerful and much, much more flexible. Who knows?

Special Thanks to Jamiras843, who was a tremendous help when I was still using RPG Maker. Unfortunately, I will not be using his scripts anymore, but he deserves credit anyways. He has supplied me with some battle formulas, and is also a great source of moral support for the project. (Also, he helped with a few plot-related things. Sorry, no spoilers!)

dw7keifer.gif

#70 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 837 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

@Gooptek: No I dont have all the monsters ready. What ideas do you have in mind?

@Erdrick and @Jamiras: Will you two calm down? Both the tilesets look similar enough that I dont think it matters much in the long run.

#71 Gooptek

• Sword Slinger

• 287 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2666-6395-4389
  • Interests:Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is a good manga, I guess.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Okay, I sent you the idea through PM. Check it.

#72 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 837 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

I'm not putting any people from the Den into the game as monsters. I MIGHT put some people into the game as NPC's. I'm already doing that for 2 people currently. If you want to be in the game as one then I'll try to put you in.

#73 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Sorry, I was childish, but overall joking. The most complex tiles for this set are the demon lord castle tiles from DWIII. This is because they are complex and have many layers, so you will need to use events with the tile sets so you can have up to 3 layers. It goes tile set A, E, then event.

I'm not actually making changes to your game, I'm just using it to test out tiles and Sprites for my game as well

#74 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 837 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

I wouldn't mind even if you did. My map designs are sloppy at best. XD

Edit: Holy crap. That vid is like...epic. 0_0

Edited by Tesla, 05 March 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#75 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Not really haha, almost done with the tiles. I also have some custom and recolored monsters. From totally new to just a recolor.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Orgodemir ones are Edrick's so you would have to ask him if you wanted to use them. I just made them for fun. So if you need any monsters I'll give you what I have, well the ones I'm willing to share haha.

Posted Image
tiles, last type, dungeon.

And here is some tips for mapping, and how to make it not bland. Add stuff! Instead of a plain cave, add some water as an obstacle, there are also rocks and bones tiles, use them. For houses add kitchen stuff, the water basin, the oven. There are book cases, barrels, rope, boxes, etc. And for towns make sure there is vegetation, grasses and trees, flowers, roads, mapping isn't hard. Just make it fun.

!
Here is what a little extra stuff can do to spruce up a map. This is the immigrant town of the Dragon's Den RPG that you played. Remember how bland and empty the town was? Stuff like trees and small items add a lot.

Edited by jamiras843, 05 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#76 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,263 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Square-Enix, Wrestling, Movies, Sports.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Not really haha, almost done with the tiles. I also have some custom and recolored monsters. From totally new to just a recolor.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Orgodemir ones are Edrick's so you would have to ask him if you wanted to use them. I just made them for fun. So if you need any monsters I'll give you what I have, well the ones I'm willing to share haha.

Posted Image
tiles, last type, dungeon.

And here is some tips for mapping, and how to make it not bland. Add stuff! Instead of a plain cave, add some water as an obstacle, there are also rocks and bones tiles, use them. For houses add kitchen stuff, the water basin, the oven. There are book cases, barrels, rope, boxes, etc. And for towns make sure there is vegetation, grasses and trees, flowers, roads, mapping isn't hard. Just make it fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrgk_1w6GZM&feature=player_embedded#!
Here is what a little extra stuff can do to spruce up a map. This is the immigrant town of the Dragon's Den RPG that you played. Remember how bland and empty the town was? Stuff like trees and small items add a lot.

Bland and empty :(
Esturk is the True Ruler of Evil

Dragons Den RPG Progress:

TBD on Future

Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XIII(PS3) & Pokemon Soul Silver(DS)

Currently On Hold:Dragon Quest IV(DS, US Version), Mother 3(Fan Translation), Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings, Dragon Quest Swords, Mario & Lugi:Bowser's Inside Story, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:The Crystal Bearers, and Crystal Defenders.

Waiting For:Dragon Quest IX(2010), Final Fantasy vs. XIII(PS3, 2011), Dragon Quest VI(DS, 2010), Final Fantasy XIV(PS3, 2010), Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker(PSP, 2010), and Metal Gear Solid:Rising(PS3, 2010)

Recently Beat: Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest IV(DS, Jap. Version), Earthbound(Replay), Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest(Replay), Lego Star Wars II, Lego Indiana Jones, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Liquid Easy), Final Fantasy IV (DS), Star Wars:The Force Unleashed, Chrono Trigger DS, Dissidia Final Fantasy(Jap. Version), Super Bowl Champs in Madden NFL 09, Final Fantasy V Advance, Dragon Quest V DS, Final Fantasy XIII Demo, Dirge of Cerberus:Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Naked Normal), Final Fantasy II(PSP), Final Fantasy VII(Replay), Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IV:The After Years, Final Fantasy I(PSP, FF Marathon), & Final Fantasy II(PSP, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy III(DS, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IV(SNES, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy V(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VI(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VIII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IX(FF Marathon), Final fantasy XIII, and Pokemon Soul Silver.

#77 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,116 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

:( It wasn't meant to be offensive, just that the town needed a sprucing up with stuff!

#78 Esturkdq4

• Tournament Mods
  • Tournament Leader

• 2,263 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Square-Enix, Wrestling, Movies, Sports.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

:( It wasn't meant to be offensive, just that the town needed a sprucing up with stuff!

it's okay, no big deal. Not angry or anything.
Esturk is the True Ruler of Evil

Dragons Den RPG Progress:

TBD on Future

Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XIII(PS3) & Pokemon Soul Silver(DS)

Currently On Hold:Dragon Quest IV(DS, US Version), Mother 3(Fan Translation), Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings, Dragon Quest Swords, Mario & Lugi:Bowser's Inside Story, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:The Crystal Bearers, and Crystal Defenders.

Waiting For:Dragon Quest IX(2010), Final Fantasy vs. XIII(PS3, 2011), Dragon Quest VI(DS, 2010), Final Fantasy XIV(PS3, 2010), Metal Gear Solid:Peace Walker(PSP, 2010), and Metal Gear Solid:Rising(PS3, 2010)

Recently Beat: Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest IV(DS, Jap. Version), Earthbound(Replay), Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest(Replay), Lego Star Wars II, Lego Indiana Jones, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Liquid Easy), Final Fantasy IV (DS), Star Wars:The Force Unleashed, Chrono Trigger DS, Dissidia Final Fantasy(Jap. Version), Super Bowl Champs in Madden NFL 09, Final Fantasy V Advance, Dragon Quest V DS, Final Fantasy XIII Demo, Dirge of Cerberus:Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots(Naked Normal), Final Fantasy II(PSP), Final Fantasy VII(Replay), Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IV:The After Years, Final Fantasy I(PSP, FF Marathon), & Final Fantasy II(PSP, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy III(DS, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IV(SNES, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy V(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VI(GBA, FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy VIII(FF Marathon), Final Fantasy IX(FF Marathon), Final fantasy XIII, and Pokemon Soul Silver.

#79 Mist

• Avid Alchemist

• 134 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Wow all these fanbase game in the works sure makes you want to work on one.

#80 Erdrick The Hero

• Bane of Baramos

• 2,516 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

I'm okay if you use the Orgoeemir ones, just make sure that their idea was from me in the credits... I'd like to see some use from them because I don't know if my game will ever get off the ground. :)

ojdy04.png

Storyline Completion:

Spoiler

dw7keifer.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users