• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#81 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,178 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image
Here is the final screenshot. All tiles are done. I had to work on a few extra for this game, such as different world tiles. I will post a link to all resources.
space for rent, inquire within.

#82 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,178 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

http://photobucket.c...gmkrvx_dwmtiles
Here are all the tile sets, good luck :)

#83 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts
  • Interests:I LP games fairly often.

www.youtube.com/user/neofrodo
  • Tag City:Crestview
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32539
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

Thats really awesome. :D

After some time opens up...I'll resume working on it.

I like to do Lets Plays for entertainment. Come watch me sometime.

#84 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Oh wow! Not only do the new tilesets LOOK nice but they are animated tiles as well! Freakin awesome! :D

#85 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm no slouch :P 100% to everything I do! More or less haha.

#86 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Sorry about the lack of updating. I've been trying to catch up on some of my gaming as of late.

I think I'm going to add some treasure map option to my game. There WILL be some some changes to the system tho.

1. Levels will have NOTHING to do with it. The level of the current treasure map will determine how good the next treasure map will probably be.

2. You will also no longer have to traverse dungeon upon dungeon to get treasure maps like you had to find keys. The boss still drops a treasure map. The boss will also have a chance to drop a rare item which can sometimes be helpful in breeding.

3. Once completing the treasure map the game will ask you if you want to return to the map again. If you say yes...then you will be able to come in again and get the items in the area again. If you say no...the map will disappear and it will turn into an item. The item you get will generally be 2 or 3 times more rare than the items you would find in the area you left.

4. Be careful disposing of your maps. You only get a rare few through the main game and the only place you can get an infinite amount is the post-game.

Edited by Tesla, 31 March 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#87 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,178 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Awesome! Hey sorry about getting back to you, I counted 60 games on my shelf I have yet to beat, that's not including handhelds... I'll PM you the game with updated tile sets and some extra icons I ripped from the monster games for the random items on map.

#88 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

No worries. Just get them to me as soon as soon as you can.

#89 Plattym3

• Heralded Hero

• 11,720 posts
  • Tag City:Orlando

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Sorry about the lack of updating. I've been trying to catch up on some of my gaming as of late.

I think I'm going to add some treasure map option to my game. There WILL be some some changes to the system tho.

1. Levels will have NOTHING to do with it. The level of the current treasure map will determine how good the next treasure map will probably be.

2. You will also no longer have to traverse dungeon upon dungeon to get treasure maps like you had to find keys. The boss still drops a treasure map. The boss will also have a chance to drop a rare item which can sometimes be helpful in breeding.

3. Once completing the treasure map the game will ask you if you want to return to the map again. If you say yes...then you will be able to come in again and get the items in the area again. If you say no...the map will disappear and it will turn into an item. The item you get will generally be 2 or 3 times more rare than the items you would find in the area you left.

4. Be careful disposing of your maps. You only get a rare few through the main game and the only place you can get an infinite amount is the post-game.

Sounds fun!

Games in progress: Hunter Island, Band of Monsters

Games in (permanent?) hiatus: Golden Sun 3, Nostalgia, Blue Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
Wish List: All those DQ games that have been released in Japan in the past few years but not here.
RPGs completed: FFI & DWI - IV back in the early 90s, 7th Saga late-90s, FFVI 1999 (my first ROM), DQV 2/1/03 as the whole Columbia disaster unfolded that morning, DWVII 8/03, Torneko: The Last Hope 10/03, Pokemon Trading Card Game 12/03, DWM 1/04, DWIII for GBC 2/04, DWM2 Cobi 2/04, Star Ocean 2nd Story 4/04, DWI for GBC 4/04, Torneco no Daibouken 6/04, Phantasy Star 1 7/04, DQVI 7/04, Chrono Cross 9/04 (during hurricance Frances), Grandia 10/04, Chrono Trigger 10/04, Pokemon Leaf Green 11/04, Breath of Fire 12/04, Grandia II 1/05, Grandia Xtreme 2/05, Dark Cloud 2/05, LOTR: 3rd Age GBA 3/05, LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 3/05, Golden Sun 4/05, Dark Cloud II 5/05, Star Ocean 3: Til The End of Time 6/05, DWII for GBC 6/05, FFX 6/05, Golden Sun: The Lost Age 7/05, Destiny of an Emperor 9/05, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom 10/05, Kingdom Hearts 11/05, DQVIII 12/05, FFI (GBA) 2/06, Grandia III 4/06, GBA FF2 4/06, Kingdom Hearts 2 5/06, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (full Pokedex - 200) 6/06, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 6/06, Pokemon Crystal 7/06, DWM2 all 312 monsters 7/06, Lufia II 8/06, Pokemon FireRed (150 Kanto Pokedex) 9/06, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team 9/06, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 10/06, FFIII DS 12/06, Pokemon Ranger 12/06, DQM: Joker (J) 2/07, Slime Morimori 2/07, FFV GBA 2/07, FFIV GBA 2/07, Pokemon Diamond 5/07, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 5/07, Children of Mana 6/07, Rogue Galaxy 6/07, Itadaki Street DS 7/07, Etrian Odyssey 7/07, Joker (US) 11/07, DQIV DS (J) 12/07, FFXII 12/07, Rune Factory 1/08, DQ Swords 2/08, Magical Starsign 3/08, DQM: Caravan Heart 4/08, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness 5/08, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 7/08, DQV (J) 7/08, Digimon World DS 8/08, Legend of Dragoon 8/08, DQIV DS (US) 10/08, Rhapsody DS 10/08, DQV DS 11/08, DQVI DS 7/11, DQIX 10/11, DQM: Joker 2 11/11, Puzzle Quest 2 12/11, Rune Factory 3 2/12, Gailardria I 5/12, Pokemon White 6/12, Rune Factory 2 5/13, Etrian Odyssey III 6/13, Etrian Odyssey IV 8/13, Pokemon X 11/13, Rune Factory 4 1/14, Pokemon Black 2 5/14, DQVIII-mobile 6/14, DQIV-mobile 8/14, DQI-mobile 9/14

#90 Erdrick The Hero

• Slayer of Psaro

• 3,036 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Scuba Diving, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon -- In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Any updates?

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

Special Thanks to Jamiras843, who was a tremendous help when I was still using RPG Maker. Unfortunately, I will not be using his scripts anymore, but he deserves credit anyways. He has supplied me with some battle formulas, and is also a great source of moral support for the project. (Also, he helped with a few plot-related things. Sorry, no spoilers!)

I need to calculate the angle between two balls after they collide.

I'm too floppy.

I did have the Brazilian boy on my back

Dragon Quest Games Owned: DW1NES, DQ1iOS, DW2NES, DQ2iOS, DW1&2 GBC, DW3NES, DW3GBC, DQ4DS, DQ4iOS, DQ5DS, DQ6SFC(J), DQ6DS, DW7PSX, DQ8iOS, DQ9DS, DWMGBC(x3), DQMJDS, DQMJ2DS, Torneko 2 PSX, Rocket Slime DS
Dragon Quest Games Beaten: DW1GBC, DQ1iOS, DQ4DS, DQ5DS(x2), DW7PSX(x4), Rocket Slime DS
Needs work.

#91 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

It'll be awhile. Jamiras is still workin on improvements...so I will wait on that.

#92 Erdrick The Hero

• Slayer of Psaro

• 3,036 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Scuba Diving, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon -- In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Okay I was hoping it wasn't dead.

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

Special Thanks to Jamiras843, who was a tremendous help when I was still using RPG Maker. Unfortunately, I will not be using his scripts anymore, but he deserves credit anyways. He has supplied me with some battle formulas, and is also a great source of moral support for the project. (Also, he helped with a few plot-related things. Sorry, no spoilers!)

I'm too floppy.

Dragon Quest Games Owned: DW1NES, DQ1iOS, DW2NES, DQ2iOS, DW1&2 GBC, DW3NES, DW3GBC, DQ4DS, DQ4iOS, DQ5DS, DQ6SFC(J), DQ6DS, DW7PSX, DQ8iOS, DQ9DS, DWMGBC(x3), DQMJDS, DQMJ2DS, Torneko 2 PSX, Rocket Slime DS
Dragon Quest Games Beaten: DW1GBC, DQ1iOS, DQ4DS, DQ5DS(x2), DW7PSX(x4), Rocket Slime DS
Needs work.

#93 jamiras843

• Metal Master

• 1,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Sorry, I've been prepping for a field problem. And we are going to Afghanistan in August, so lots of training less computer time... and sleep. :'(

#94 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thats ok. Its not like I have a deadline on the project or anything. XD

#95 Erdrick The Hero

• Slayer of Psaro

• 3,036 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Sorry to hear that your going going to afghanistan. Are you actually going to be in battle? I hope you'll be okay.

ojdy04.png

I'm too floppy.

Needs work.

#96 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3525-7907-9470

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Bumping for interest....this game sounds like it will be pretty fun.

#97 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

I'm still waiting for sprites from Jamiras. I am doing some things outside of that but I doubt there'll be demos until then.

I am however always thinking of ways to improve the game so no worries. :D

#98 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

The old demo on an earlier page doesn't seem to be there anymore, so I look forward to the future demo.

#99 Tesla

• Monster Masher

• 881 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Aww nuts. I forgot they get rid of the download after about 30 days or so. Bugger! >0

I'll have to remember that for the future.

Edited by Tesla, 27 May 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#100 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Lol, I look forward to the next demo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users