translation

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

As a matter of great timing and great luck, i wanted to try out the PS2 version of V, since it's one of my favorite games in the series. However, since Megaupload kicked the bucket the link to the translation is gone. Would it be at all possible to have someone upload the patch somewhere else and post a link to it?
This is actually fairly accurate to me ^^;
Posted Image

#2 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,013 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

Eh, I dunno. Megaupload's demise has kicked up interest. Maybe the Eric Cartman "You Can't Come" business model actually works!

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#3 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,371 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Well, you can find the DQ version of the patch here. I seem to have misplaced the DW version of the patch, though I do have the pre-patched ISO for the DW version if anyone desperately needs that version instead.

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.png DQMW_hdpi.png foot_dq1.png foot_dq2.png foot_dq3.png icon.png

PrinceofCannock1-1.pngTrauminate_IMG-3.pngBianca.png

#4 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm gonna go for the DQ version, thanks a bunch
Posted Image

#5 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

Happy to help. Enjoy the game! The PS2 graphics and sound make this game even more enjoyable than it already was on SFC and DS.

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.png DQMW_hdpi.png foot_dq1.png foot_dq2.png foot_dq3.png icon.png

#6 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hmm...is there a glitch or something with the game (or maybe something went wrong...) But i'm stuck on this screen:
Posted Image

The music and SFX keeps playing but i'm unable to move at all or continue the text.
Posted Image

#7 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,013 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

Weird, I've never had that problem, but then again, I've never played via emulation. I'll ask.

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#8 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,371 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

This is a common and known issue with PCSX2 emulation. There are several triggers for the freeze, and receiving the mysterious map is the earliest such trigger. Despite that, the actual issue (the sound thread dying), happens when you first save or load a game (you will hear a high-pitched sound instead of background music at the game load screen).

For some background and tips on how to deal with this glitch (including a comment from Dwaine who thinks he has never heard of this before ;)), check out this thread on the DQTranslations forum.

My advice is, once you have fixed this issue and gotten past the map, use save states to save and reload your game. Otherwise you will have to circumvent the issue every time you load your game.

My other advice is to use the latest PCSX2 version if you aren't already. Still, I have had this issue happen on even the latest stable release (0.9.8). I haven't tested any of the latest SVN builds though...

Hope that helps!

#9 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

It does sort of make sense with the freezing then if the sound que isn't playing for a reason since it is waiting for the "important item get" sound to play before the text continues.

But thanks for the link to it, managed to sneak by the freeze and made it back to the hometown...now i'm playing with debug stuff though :3
Posted Image

#10 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,013 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

We didn't have many testers. All my testing was done on an actual PS2. And since dumbass here was using debug, he didn't think of saving the game at the church where he would've encountered a crash!

#11 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Alright, so i should pretty much use savestates before going to any churches, just in case of a crash.

Or, i can just order the PS2 V and just get that on my PS2 and solve the problem that way. Either way i do plan on getting the PS2 V...
Posted Image

#12 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

^^; found another bug

Posted Image

At mount evil it seems that the camera is shy and wants to hide in the ground. Was still able to see the touching scene with his mom though, but then it disappeared again :/
Posted Image

#13 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,013 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Did you access this scene from the debug menu? It does that on Mt. Evil. The debug places you at the bottom of the model, so it does that on any area with a tall slope. It also does it at the Sarabona watchtower.

#14 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Nope, this is from the regular game.

Pretty much when i exited the first indoor area, the camera was forced under the map. Struggled a bit to get to the next indoor area, then when i made it to where the mother was, for the cutscene it was normal, when i regained control i was forced under again until i walked to the area where the mother was, then back down. Got into a random battle then the camera was forced under again.
Posted Image

#15 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Is there any way you can determine whether this is a bug with PCSX2 or with the patched ISO? If this happens in the unpatched ISO too for example, then we should probably mention it at the PCSX2 forums along with the sound bug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: translation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users