Photo

War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith

• Please log in to reply
752 replies to this topic

#441 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:I don't like DQMJ.
  • Interests:Emulation, Ranting, Retro RPGs.
  • Tag State:Georgia
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Reoh was refreshed, ready. But he wasn't expecting a woman to just show up. He knelt by her side and held his hand out, casting Heal on her.

rhjp6g.jpg

"Your prayers have been answered, small boy. I have punched Ivor." - Crolley
"Where's my beating a dead horse GIF?" "I beat it to death." - Plattym3
"Re-enact a battle with Orgodemir. Have Michael Bay direct it. DQ would sell billions of copies from that commercial." - Erdrick the Hero

Owner & operator of the Dragon's Den Steam group. Join us.

#442 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 811 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2623-7540-8546
  • Interests:Foxes, Magic.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

The first thing Jay did was dash up to Phoenix and embrace her in his arms. His eyes filled with tears. "Oh Phoenix. I'm so happy we are still together." Jay says. "Jay! That girl. Is she okay?" Phoenix said. Immediately, Jay and Phoenix approached Selena, and knelt down beside Dai. Jay held out his right hand and tried to cast Midheal.

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#443 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Reoh looked to the side, to Jay. "I assume you did what you did for the woman you love, but go to the Dark again and we will have problems. Heal this woman as best you can, my healing prowess is nowhere near what mine used to be..."

rhjp6g.jpg

"Re-enact a battle with Orgodemir. Have Michael Bay direct it. DQ would sell billions of copies from that commercial." - Erdrick the Hero

#444 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,087 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

"Thank you all." She said grabbing the magic water from Dai after being healed, She propped herself back up and shook her head, "I wouldn't want to do something like that again. . ." She paused and looked at the group, "Tell me, what happened here, It's not every day I find a group of petrified people. A very old and banned spell at that, she said pulling out her book again, "Very dangerous spell, first time i saw it myself."
This is actually fairly accurate to me ^^;
Posted Image

#445 Ring Man

• Avid Alchemist

• 242 posts
  • Tag City:Chester (Morristown)
  • Tag State:New Jersey
  • Tag Zip:07930
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

"It's my fault. There was an attack by the demon army here, and my parents were caught in the cross fire, so I led our group here. They nearly killed us, but for whatever reason chose petrify us, save one who was taken prisoner. I can't believe I was so foolish."

Still feeling dejected, Dai heard a rustle come from the direction of the wagon, but Topaz and Wyn were right here, and so was everyone else.

"What was that?"
Teachers, assigning a ton of homework doesn't teach us more, it just means you suck too much to teach it yourselves

In charge of "War of Heaven and Hell: Nokturn's Zenith" A DQ 4-6 RP

I'm a Brony and damn proud of it.

Stop them from ruining a fan favorite.
http://www.savederpy.com/

#446 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Reoh pulled his sword from the ground and held it defensively, moving to the front of the group.

rhjp6g.jpg

#447 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,087 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

A small metal slime peeked out from under the wagon, it looked frightened and confused, and with a slight noise from what most assume it's its stomach, is probably hungry as well.

(underworld)

It has been three days since Kazuma was brought to the underworld, He was locked away in a cell away from everyone else, it's been at least 2 days since he last ate, his mind was a blur and he couldn't think calmly anymore. He looked over at his arm, as he has done several times since he woke up, but Chad was still missing. "This is what i get. . ." Kazuma said to himself leaning against the wall facing the cell door, "If they're going to kill me, they should just hurry up and do it."
"I'll see what I can do. It might take a bit to convince him."
Kazuma's eyes widened, he knew that voice, he knew who was coming, but why was he over there?"
"Kazuma. . ." Chad said as he approached the cell, "This is what happened when you side with humans."
Crawling towards the cell door Kazuma said, "Did you sell me out to save yourself!" Kazuma yelled trying to grab at him through the cell, but to no avail.
"No, the only one whos side im on, is yours. They are willing to let you live and help out monsters, but you need to do something for them first." Chad said turning around reaching for something.
With a sigh, Kazuma slumped forward, drained of energy hanging onto the cell. "What is it i have to do?"
Chad turned around, holding a steak, and slid it through a hole in the cell, "I'll explain while you eat."
Posted Image

#448 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 811 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

"I said I explained everything after the battle. And now I think it's time..." Jay says. "For a long time I lived in Somnia, as a priest. Just prior to this I was a Monster Tamer, or a scout as many people call it today. Anyway. I let my monsters free so they could live their own lives while I worked in Somnia. But the bird you see before me, Phoenix stayed with me. She would help me with Resurrections in the church. But one day, she mysteriously disappeared. I searched every where, I almost traveled the entire map looking for her. When I finally returned home. I was given a letter by the High Priest of the church. Someone called Nokturnus had kidnapped Phoenix. I knew that if I wanted to save her, I couldn't rely on my recovery spells alone. But with no combat experience, I had to learn dark magic. The church saw this and considered it a sin, and exiled me. The people of Somnia now hated me, calling me a witch, or Son of Lucifer. They chased me out of town, and with nothing to my name, I became a wanderer. I eventually made my way to a town called Aridea. While there, I heard stories of someplace called the Isle O' Smiles, where no one had to work another day in their life. I thought someone there could help me rescue Phoenix, or teach me strong magic. Either way, I desired to go. According to legend, on the night of the full moon, a magical, floating island would appear on the northern coast of the town to whisk people away to the Isle O' Smiles. To my amazement, the story was true. I boarded the island and reached a castle on the Isle O' Smiles. Interestingly, Jamirus was the one controlling the Isle O' Smiles. While it wasn't a very long one, I did have a previous relation ship with Jamirus. Although he wondered why someone like me would want to skimp out on work. I explained everything to him, and he helped me. He let me stay in the castle, working as a priest, just like I did in Somnia. He also gave me a spear, the one I'm using now, as well as having his army's general teach me how to use it. The last thing he did was the best of all. He brought me to Nokturnus. It was finally time to rescue Phoenix. I tried to fight Nokturnus, but was defeated in a matter of seconds. I pleaded with him to release Phoenix. He explained his goal. He planned to use Phoenix's power to revive Rhapthorne, the Lord of Darkness. I was willing to put anything on the line to ensure Phoenix was safe, I told him to use me instead, but he just laughed. He told me if I could find someone else, someone who had a magical power equal to or greater then Phoenix's, He'd let her go. This is when I became his servant. I didn't want to do it. But I had to make sure Phoenix was safe. I returned to Somnia and met...you Dai. And I apologize for everything. I was so selfish. I was so concerned with my goal, that I put the entire world in danger. Which is why I'm here. I want to atone myself for what I did. I want to make things right again. I've been searching for something called the Aurora staff. According to legend, it is a staff so strong, so full of magical power, that even a novice magician can defeat demons with a simple enchantment." Jay draws his spear and holds it downwards. "Can you forgive me?"

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#449 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Reoh shook his head. It was only recently, within the last ten years or so, that any combative magic was seen as "evil", thanks to an evil sorcerer who managed to level a city. "Another wronged by Man in general..."

At the end of Jay's explanation, Reoh's head perked. "One of my old comrades used the Aurora Staff, he left it with me when he retired. I left it with the monks of Dharma Temple, also known as Alltrades Abbey. I'm not qualified to say if you can use it, but I'm sure they will let you borrow it."

rhjp6g.jpg

#450 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 811 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

"Thank You. I would very much like to join you. On my own accord, and help you stop this madness. But first I will return home, Make a confession and train on my own for a while...maybe go treasure hunting. Oh! That reminds me." Jay walks up to Lily and takes the fan made with Prism Peacock feathers out of his bag and hands it to her. "I made this for you."

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#451 Ring Man

• Avid Alchemist

• 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

"It's fine Jay. I'm guilty of the same. I was so concerned with saving Anna from Rhapthorne and rescuing my parents, I led us up here and nearly got us killed, not to mention Kazuma kidnapped. Speaking of which..."

Noting the timid little Metal Slime, Dai pulled out a small bag of Monster Munchies. Figuring this was the little guy in Kazuma's bag, he assumed he wasn't comfortable around people. Leaving the bag next to the wagon, Dai motioned for everyone to back away a bit.

"Give the little guy some space. Metal Slimes are hunted by adventurers a lot. I doubt he's comfortable around us yet, even if we were traveling with his friends."
Teachers, assigning a ton of homework doesn't teach us more, it just means you suck too much to teach it yourselves

#452 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Reoh looked at Jay. "If you're going back to Somnia then I think we should come with you, honestly. I think a Hero with you would vouch for your character, if anyone there remembers me, it should."

rhjp6g.jpg

#453 Ring Man

• Avid Alchemist

• 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

"We best return as well. Our trail's gone cold, and I do have to inform the king of his what's happened to Anna."

---

Sitting on the cold floor of the dungeon, her once ornate battle dress in tatters and her memories a blur, Anna glanced at the Shadow across the hall, speaking to one of the prisoners.

"Hey you! What'd your slimy masters intend to do with me, now that they've got their precious Rhapthorne?"

#454 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,087 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

(wreavers peak)
Selena stood, feeling a bit better with a bit of a sigh she said, "While it's bad that one of your group got captured, but think of it this way; since they didn't kill you, they probably think you will be up on this mountain for a long time. You can have the element of surprise on your hand."
After listening to Jay's story with a bit of fake interest, afterall, she just met the guy, she shrugged and said, "If you want to redeeme your character, isn't it best to do so by actions rather then words?"

Copper eyed the food with a bit of suspicion, but because of his hunger, he couldn't resist it. Slowly, he moved towards the food, watching to make sure that everyone wasn't moving towards him, and started to eat.

"I should travel with you as well, I am on a pilgrimage to study spells and learn as much as i can. Having a great spellcaster in your group should come in handy, as you probably have seen." Selena said with a slight laugh.

(underworld)
Kazuma absorbed everything Chad told him. He was to be used as a leech against another demon lord who apparently didn't know it's place in the food chain of lords and do a bit of work to use up the energy. After a bit of consideration, he got to his feet and said, "I will accept the offer, the faster this war is over with, the faster the monsters can start to live in peace."
Chad looked pleased, he knew that if Kazuma didn't accept the offer, he would have been killed. Chad unlocked the cell door when he heard Anna's shouting. "Isn't that?" Chad said before Kazuma walked out of the cell, walking towards Anna's cell. "So it is you, i thought i reconized the voice." Without waiting for Anna to respond he turned towards the door, "You will either most likly end up as a meal, hostage, or sacrifice."
He gestured towards Chad as he headed towards the door, Chad nodded and started to lead Kazuma towards the chamber that held Orgodemir
Posted Image

#455 Ring Man

• Avid Alchemist

• 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

"Damn. I've got to find a way out of here. But I can't believe one of our own would betray us like that. Wait. Maybe I can make this work for me."

Positioning herself next to a wall, Anna mused to herself, her tone meant to convey the impression that she thought she couldn't be heard by the guard.

"I can't believe they fell for that."

Let's just hope those Imps are as stupid with words as they are with spells.

#456 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Reoh looked at Dai and the group, and shook his head. "I do not think any of you should inform the King of what happened to Anna. I should do it myself, as I am acquainted with the King. He would throw all of you in prison in grief, where he would task me to save her. I'll handle it."

He sheathed his sword, and sighed. "I can spin it as well, simply make it seem like Anna just picked up something she really should not have, and promptly disappeared. Again, it's the word of a renowned Hero against a bunch of adventurers."

rhjp6g.jpg

#457 Ring Man

• Avid Alchemist

• 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

"Very well Reoh, I'll leave it to you. Nonetheless, we don't stand a chance against the remainder of the army at this point. We need to strengthen ourselves. Our best bet would be to start with this Aurora staff Jay mentioned."

Looking towards the older adventurer Dai continued his queries.

"I understand you're the most experienced, so I need to know, can you think of anyplace where we could strengthen ourselves or improve our arsenal?"

#458 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 811 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

"I'm....uh...not going to Somnia." Jay said. "The Isle o' Smiles is my home now. And that's where I'm headed. Do you know where you're headed next. I'll likely meet you there."

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#459 Mattcraft

• ARGRBLRL!

• 4,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Reoh's eyes narrowed a bit. "We should first make a small detour to Somnia, Jay, you should meet us outside the limits of the town in a day or so, we will not be there long. Then we can go to Dharma Temple, I know the headmasters there, and they'll train you in your various vocations, or help you in new ones. I have some equipment stored from my adventures there as well, and you all are free to use it." He appeared to be in thought. "We should think of Zenithia Castle eventually, Dai, I think you'd be a fine Hero, and the Dragon would be sure to give you that vocation."

(( Reoh should be able to use Zoom as a Hero, would there be a problem with it? Just to Somnia, obviously. ))

rhjp6g.jpg

#460 Ring Man

• Avid Alchemist

• 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

((Works for me, but let's wait for input from Lily before further advancing the plot))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users