#1 Zendor

• Avid Alchemist

• 196 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0132-4431-7457
  • Tag City:Quebec
  • Tag State:Canada
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello guys, i started playing Fortune Street a few days ago and i'm having a hard time winning against the computers... i play standard mode.

what i try to do is get shops in the same district. then i try to buy stocks before investing to upgrade my shops. what i think my problem is is that i try to invest mostly in the spaces that will increase the most for the cash i spend.

any tips to get better?
Posted Image

#2 Algrado

• Dungeon Dweller

• 40 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:This--->2237-0517-1209<---is mine (^_^)
  • Interests:Drawing/making comics, Eurobeat and other electronic music genres, Science, RPG videogames, and more

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

it sounds like you're doing it right? I mean, investing in whatever you own generally makes you the beneficiary. The only thing you could be doing wrong is that you're not investing money into the smallest shop thereby causing your shops to be bought out easily.

For example, say you have 3 shops in district F, one is worth only 40 gold, another is 194 gold, and the last one is 300 gold. You should invest in the one that's 40 gold, so that would prevent computers from trying to buy it out, after that invest in the next cheapest one and so on(it's best to invest when you have at least 190-200+ stocks in a district).

Other "advanced" though usually unnecessary techniques involves buying stocks in the computers/or other players' districts to benefit from their investments or when players land on their spaces, you're basically leeching off of them( the computers probably do this to you?), and if they get ahead of you, you can sell 10 stocks at the beginning of each of your turns to make the computer player lose a lot of net worth if they have a lot of stocks in whatever district you sell 10 at a time in. The reason this is usually not done is because the game is so hectic you usually can't afford to be wasting time buying stocks in another district just to lower a computer's net worth.

Another tactic is when you're about to win, you sell all your stock to prevent the computer/other players from dropping your networth(by selling stocks in whatever you have a lot of stock in) at the end of each turn, and then just get to the bank asap.

Hmm...other than that, I think it's really the location of your shops that makes the difference. For example, on the colossus board, if you take over the shops right next to the bank, you generally win the game. I took over those shops and made them all over 1.5k each one was in the 4000s I think?, and the computers lost loads, I won by a landslide.

You want to be buying shops in areas where everyone is forced to go, some places are better than others. Like in mario circuit, you should buy the shops in the north because that's where there's 2 symbols(so even someone with a card to get any symbol would still have to go up there because they will be missing one of those 2 symbols).

Another thing I noticed, sometimes computers are actually willing to sell shops to you at a cheaper price than if you land on it and try to buy it out, if you're planning on taking over a district(like the one I described), and the computer has only 1 shop there and nobody else does, you should try this tactic(because the more shops you have in a district, the more difficult and expensive the computer would make it for you to buy it directly from them).

Good luck! :overjoyed2:

Edited by Algrado, 08 January 2012 - 06:53 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 13,007 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

The way Algrado stated is basically what I do when I play live. You can try the Out to Lunch as well, I have unlocked 2 of the special tour boards this way.

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#4 Plattym3

• Heralded Hero

• 11,699 posts
  • Tag City:Orlando
  • Tag State:Florida

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Other "advanced" though usually unnecessary techniques involves buying stocks in the computers/or other players' districts to benefit from their investments or when players land on their spaces, you're basically leeching off of them( the computers probably do this to you?), and if they get ahead of you, you can sell 10 stocks at the beginning of each of your turns to make the computer player lose a lot of net worth if they have a lot of stocks in whatever district you sell 10 at a time in. The reason this is usually not done is because the game is so hectic you usually can't afford to be wasting time buying stocks in another district just to lower a computer's net worth.

Haha, the tactic that kept me from winning the Wifi game this weekend revealed! Selling other's stocks can really screw them over.

Games in progress: Hunter Island, Band of Monsters

Games in (permanent?) hiatus: Golden Sun 3, Nostalgia, Blue Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
Wish List: All those DQ games that have been released in Japan in the past few years but not here.
RPGs completed: FFI & DWI - IV back in the early 90s, 7th Saga late-90s, FFVI 1999 (my first ROM), DQV 2/1/03 as the whole Columbia disaster unfolded that morning, DWVII 8/03, Torneko: The Last Hope 10/03, Pokemon Trading Card Game 12/03, DWM 1/04, DWIII for GBC 2/04, DWM2 Cobi 2/04, Star Ocean 2nd Story 4/04, DWI for GBC 4/04, Torneco no Daibouken 6/04, Phantasy Star 1 7/04, DQVI 7/04, Chrono Cross 9/04 (during hurricance Frances), Grandia 10/04, Chrono Trigger 10/04, Pokemon Leaf Green 11/04, Breath of Fire 12/04, Grandia II 1/05, Grandia Xtreme 2/05, Dark Cloud 2/05, LOTR: 3rd Age GBA 3/05, LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 3/05, Golden Sun 4/05, Dark Cloud II 5/05, Star Ocean 3: Til The End of Time 6/05, DWII for GBC 6/05, FFX 6/05, Golden Sun: The Lost Age 7/05, Destiny of an Emperor 9/05, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom 10/05, Kingdom Hearts 11/05, DQVIII 12/05, FFI (GBA) 2/06, Grandia III 4/06, GBA FF2 4/06, Kingdom Hearts 2 5/06, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (full Pokedex - 200) 6/06, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 6/06, Pokemon Crystal 7/06, DWM2 all 312 monsters 7/06, Lufia II 8/06, Pokemon FireRed (150 Kanto Pokedex) 9/06, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team 9/06, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 10/06, FFIII DS 12/06, Pokemon Ranger 12/06, DQM: Joker (J) 2/07, Slime Morimori 2/07, FFV GBA 2/07, FFIV GBA 2/07, Pokemon Diamond 5/07, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 5/07, Children of Mana 6/07, Rogue Galaxy 6/07, Itadaki Street DS 7/07, Etrian Odyssey 7/07, Joker (US) 11/07, DQIV DS (J) 12/07, FFXII 12/07, Rune Factory 1/08, DQ Swords 2/08, Magical Starsign 3/08, DQM: Caravan Heart 4/08, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness 5/08, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 7/08, DQV (J) 7/08, Digimon World DS 8/08, Legend of Dragoon 8/08, DQIV DS (US) 10/08, Rhapsody DS 10/08, DQV DS 11/08, DQVI DS 7/11, DQIX 10/11, DQM: Joker 2 11/11, Puzzle Quest 2 12/11, Rune Factory 3 2/12, Gailardria I 5/12, Pokemon White 6/12, Rune Factory 2 5/13, Etrian Odyssey III 6/13, Etrian Odyssey IV 8/13, Pokemon X 11/13, Rune Factory 4 1/14, Pokemon Black 2 5/14, DQVIII-mobile 6/14, DQIV-mobile 8/14, DQI-mobile 9/14

#5 Zendor

• Avid Alchemist

• 196 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thx a lot for those tips ^^ i can't wait to try them in my next game ^^
Posted Image

#6 hawkeye77o4

• Monster Masher

• 790 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Star Trek, Movies, Music, Baseball, Hockey, and other geeky things
  • Tag City:Los Angeles
  • Tag State:California
  • Tag Zip:91202

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

a big tip that I use a lot is take advantage of computer's stupidity. If computer has a shop that you need (like if you already have two or three in that district) and they haven't invested anything in it, instead of hoping to hop on the square to buy him out, before you roll offer to buy it but just ask for the normal price. The computer will re-bargin but I haven't seen them ask for anything more than x2.5 what its actual worth is and that definetly beats x5 its worth.

#7 Zendor

• Avid Alchemist

• 196 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

think i'm gonna try this one out in my next game ^^
Posted Image

#8 Erdrick The Hero

• Slayer of Psaro

• 3,007 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Scuba Diving, Crash Bandcoot, Game Development, Spyro the Dragon -- In no particular order. Also, Dragon Quest VII (Deserves it's own spot.)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

These should work in itadaki street special, too, right?

ojdy04.png

Dragon Quest VII-2: http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=25545 (old topic) http://www.woodus.co...showtopic=26940 (current one)

Special Thanks to Jamiras843, who was a tremendous help when I was still using RPG Maker. Unfortunately, I will not be using his scripts anymore, but he deserves credit anyways. He has supplied me with some battle formulas, and is also a great source of moral support for the project. (Also, he helped with a few plot-related things. Sorry, no spoilers!)

I need to calculate the angle between two balls after they collide.

I'm too floppy.

I did have the Brazilian boy on my back

Dragon Quest Games Owned: DW1NES, DQ1iOS, DW2NES, DQ2iOS, DW1&2 GBC, DW3NES, DW3GBC, DQ4DS, DQ4iOS, DQ5DS, DQ6SFC(J), DQ6DS, DW7PSX, DQ8iOS, DQ9DS, DWMGBC(x3), DQMJDS, DQMJ2DS, Torneko 2 PSX, Rocket Slime DS
Dragon Quest Games Beaten: DW1GBC, DQ1iOS, DQ4DS, DQ5DS(x2), DW7PSX(x4), Rocket Slime DS
Needs work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users