Translation of the Official Website

DQX Translation Dragon Quest X

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,654 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4083-8325-9641
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, anime, manga, computers.
  • Tag City:Los Angeles
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

To help spread information on DQX I thought that I would translate the Japanese official website for the game.

After I catch up to the websites current contents I will go ahead and start updating the thread when new information is released there.

The official website itself can be found here.

I would also like to thank my friend Kichimaru for looking over my translation and giving me guidance and help.

Features of Dragon Quest X

Game Info
Game Topics:World View
-Orgreede & Pukland
-Wenna & Eltona
-Dwachakka & Mysterious Vehicle
Five Tribes
The Story of the Human World
Battle System
Job System
Become a Craftsman!
Various buildings
Communication
New Monster Encyclopedia

What is a Beta Test?

Edited by Mimas, 20 February 2012 - 02:08 PM.

正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#2 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Features of Dragon Quest X

Ever since the first "Dragon Quest" went on sale in 1986 the series has been a representative of the Japanese home role playing game. From this familiar series the latest game is "Dragon Quest X Awaken the Five Tribes: Online"!

The newest creation is Online!
This time the new game features the ability to go online! If you connect to a network there is a world with adventurers like you!
Posted Image
Posted Image
On the screen the world is expressed with the same cell shading techniques that have been used since "Dragon Quest VIII"

Up until now the people in the cities of "Dragon Quest" talked to you as if they were real living humans. This time, in "Dragon Quest X", amazingly, they will be real humans! Indeed, it will be like everyone is playing together as a resident of the "Dragon Quest world"
[Posted Image
[Picture translation:The first menu says:"Actions: Hello, Call Out, Wave, Be Happy, Laugh, Embarrassed, Surprised, Worry, Sit, Pray". The window next to the menu says "Line: Excuse me". Under that by pressing x or a you can control if the "line" is said or not.]
You can use simple commands and actions to communicate with other players. You can also change the meaning of the "lines". 
Posted Image

Posted Image
Battle Scene
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Menu: Comrade. Job: All Jobs; Min Level: 50; Max Level: 50; From Whom: From Anyone; Look for someone with these traits. The menu on the right says "Jobs. All Jobs; Warrior; Priest; Mage; Martial Artist. ]
And of course, in this "Dragon Quest X" world you yourself are the main character. If you party up with other players or not it is completely your choice. You can even team up with "supporting comrades" which are AI characters from the familiar series town bar so that you can continue you adventure by yourself.

When you first start the game you play "offline" during the prelude of the game! You can enjoy the "Dragon Quest" story you've known up until now. Find out with your own eyes what kind of danger is creeping up in this new world! On top of that when you connect to the internet there are adventurers like you and a new story is waiting for you!

By connecting to the internet the play stretches to infinity, "Dragon Quest X Awaken the 5 Tribes Online". Please experience the true fun of a "Role Playing game" on the Wii and the Wii U.

Edited by Mimas, 02 December 2011 - 12:32 AM.

正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#3 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,364 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Wow, thanks for sharing all of this Mimas!

I am so pumped for this game. The wait is going to kill me.

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.png DQMW_hdpi.png foot_dq1.png foot_dq2.png foot_dq3.png icon.png

PrinceofCannock1-1.pngTrauminate_IMG-3.pngBianca.png

#4 GrandAlchemist

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,631 posts
  • Interests:Video games, playing guitar, listening to music, anime, hating work, goofing off.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

Up until now the people in the cities of "Dragon Quest" talked to you as if they were real living humans. This time, in "Dragon Quest IX"...

I may not be able to read Japanese but I'm pretty sure that's supposed to say "Dragon Quest X". ;)

Thank you for taking the time to translate this for us!

Edited by GrandAlchemist, 29 November 2011 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Son Of Roto

• Avid Alchemist

• 170 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3654-3556-2557
  • Interests:Chemistry and other sciences.
    History.
    Philosophy.
    Playing DQ.
    Cooking.
    Reading.
    Metal.
  • Tag City:Barcelona
  • Tag State:Spain

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Thanks! It's great to "understand" what's on the official website!

#6 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 12,699 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Yes, thanks for doing this for us, would you care if I copied your work here to the main annoucements forum?

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#7 FranckyFox

• Savvy Seafarer

• 83 posts
  • Interests:Slime and Beast family
  • Tag City:Quebec
  • Tag State:Canada

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

So the online play is only going to add bonus stuff? Phew... By the way, thanks for the translation, very useful!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I wonder if Dracolord is happy of being scouted >>
Posted Image

#8 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,012 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the hard and awesome work! Here is your reward.

Posted Image

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#9 FranckyFox

• Savvy Seafarer

• 83 posts
  • Interests:Slime and Beast family
  • Tag City:Quebec
  • Tag State:Canada

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for all the hard and awesome work! Here is your reward.

Posted Image

XD
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I wonder if Dracolord is happy of being scouted >>
Posted Image

#10 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Your welcome.

I am so pumped for this game. The wait is going to kill me.

Especially since we don't even have a release date. They aren't even saying when the Beta Test will start either.

I may not be able to read Japanese but I'm pretty sure that's supposed to say "Dragon Quest X". ;)

My fingers still haven't gotten used to the game. The right hand just reaches out for that "I" while the left is reaching for the "X". I wonder how long it will take for me to break that reflex.

Yes, thanks for doing this for us, would you care if I copied your work here to the main annoucements forum?

As far as I know I can still post to that forum since you gave me that power when I was translating the DQIX blog, but feel free to put this there.

So the online play is only going to add bonus stuff? Phew... By the way, thanks for the translation, very useful!

I didn't read it as being that clear on it. It only mentions the prelude being offline. After that we don't know if it will always be online or not.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#11 LordRoto

• Sword Slinger

• 256 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4384-4768-2059
  • Interests:Games, anime, you know the drill.
  • Tag Zip:32792

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

Awesome work! I'm also eagerly awaiting this game. I hope you guys are up for some monster slayings!
Square-Enix releases official merchandise to celebrate Dragon Quest's 25th anniversery!
An actuall emblem of...
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10148126
Funniest looking L I've ever seen. But if thats what Square-Enix says.

#12 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 12,699 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Thanks, I went ahead and posted it, you can sure post the other translations there if you want, if not I will copy them there :) Thanks again for doing this.

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#13 Quart20858

• Avid Alchemist

• 128 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3310-7273-3543
  • Interests:DS
    Minecraft
    The Legend of Zelda
    Monster Hunter
    Dragon Quest
    Pokémon
    RPGs
  • Tag City:Cleveland Heights
  • Tag State:Ohio
  • Tag Zip:44118
  • Tag Country:United States of America

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

do you think these screens are wii or wiiu?

#14 Tsasuki

• Savvy Seafarer

• 76 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4556-3081-7285
  • Tag City:Rotterdam

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I really dislike the "clutter" you get in these MMo type games. Every area will be crowded with players running about, really takes a lot off of the feeling of being a 'legendary hero'.
Posted Image Posted Image < Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 3 days (Give it some lovin!)

#15 SlimeBeherit

• Avid Alchemist

• 108 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

I really dislike the "clutter" you get in these MMo type games. Every area will be crowded with players running about, really takes a lot off of the feeling of being a 'legendary hero'.

I've been worried about it too, I hope they have settings to adjust the amount of text on screen

#16 Stepchan

• Slayer of Psaro

• 3,019 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Anime, Nirvana and song parodies.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

It's definitely good to know. :thumbsup: :wd_coolslime:

Team assemble!!!

Marisa-1.pngWoolen.pngStephen.pngDoropie.png

____ Marisa ________ Woolen ___ Stephen ____ Doropie ___

The future is in the past. Onwards Aoshima!

The Sylveons with the ribbons all say... Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh... Walk like a Lilligant...

Man, boy! You down for the count now! DJ Boy, what you think you doin'?

#17 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,654 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Game Topics
Gathering Comrades for Your Adventure

When you are adventuring through a vast world, before your eyes there will be many strong enemies to fight. In times like those it is of course important to have reliable allies. Here we will introduce who you gather together comrades to form a party.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Say that you are a Mage. Even though you have powerful offensive spells, you might not have confidence in protracted battles? At times like that you should invite Warrior and Priest players.
In the town there are other adventurers like you. Surely you will find a perfect comrade.

Inviting a Comrade
An adventurer with a communication mark above them means that you can talk to them using only one button. When you do that the persons status as well as an already set profile message, like "Dragon Quest IX," will be displayed. In other words you too can start out with an attractive message already set.
Posted Image
[Picture Translation: I'm a studying priest! I can do the hustle dance since I used to be a Minstrel! Great to meet you!]
Posted Image
[Picture Translation: Menu: What do you do?: Look Closer; Spell; Use an item; Exchange; Invite them as a comrade; Follow them]

If there is someone you are interested in then invite them as a comrade right away. With just one comrade you can invite a comrade.
Posted Image
If the person gives the OK, then they become your party member!
Posted Image
You can also join a party for just a moment!
Once you've joined the party of another adventurer you might find that it is hard to get out of the party!? But in "Dragon Quest X" when you are invited into a party you can tell them how long you will join them for. Of course, when the time comes you can still extend the deadline.

The amount of time they are will join is communicated. It the person asking says OK, then they can join the party.

The "Follow them" command
The "Follow them" command is a convenient function for when you are exploring a wide field with comrades.
Posted Image
[Picture Translation:Plan: Follow them; Full health; Comrades; Team; Friend; Various Settings; Distribute Skill points; Support Menu; End adventuring.]
Posted Image
Choose a member of your party and you will automatically follow them. If only one person knows the location of where you are heading you can have everyone else follow them.
Posted ImagePosted Image
While the person in the front is working, the people behind might be exchanging information?
Posted Image
Use team work to challenge strong enemies!

The "Cheer on" command
You can see how a party battle that you aren't a part of is doing on the field. As a general rule when you see a party fighting a monster, please "cheer" them on.
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can also talk to the other players in battle. If you use the "Cheer" command here you can "Psyche Up" the party, and improve their chances of winning!
Posted Image
AI Characters can Also Join Your Party

It is a little embarrassing to talk to people you don't know...
For shy people? you can choose a "supporting comrade".
A "Support Comrade" is a character that will be on AI during battles whom you can meet up with at the cities bar.
Posted ImagePosted Image
[Picture Caption: Text: Mr. Giro. Will you pay the required contract fee of 1600G? Stats: Warrior Level 32; Fame Level 0; Attack 99; Defense: 127; Max HP 129; Max MP 33; Speed 32; Deftness 38; Style 43; Weight 124; Equipped Steel Blade; Contract cost (blank) G].
Posted Image
The "Bar Staff" are AI characters at the towns bar. They will look for characters based on the conditions that you set. Of course you can also have a party that is a mix of support comrades and players.
Posted Image
Support comrades will follow you in a line as you walk. It should be a familiar "Dragon Quest" site by now?
Posted Image
According to the tactics you've set for the AI characters, they will react like "Dragon Quest" games up to now. They are great at acting in a supporting position for a party.
Posted Image
Even when you are asleep your character is on an Adventure!?
On top of that, you can record yourself as a "Support Comrade" at the bar! If you record yourself there when you end adventuring your character could be paid to be a support comrade!?
In other words, when you aren't playing the game your character could be continuing the adventure. Moreover, when you are a support character for another party you get experience so you get a bit of an extra bonus.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you record yourself as a support comrade you automatically end your adventure. When you start again you will know the results from your time as a support character.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#18 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,654 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Things that will Help you in your Adventure
In "Dragon Quest X", everything that you see is a part of a real "world. Waiting for you there are things that will help you on your adventure, and surprising discoveries.
Posted Image
Map
You can check your surroundings on a map, not just in town but on the field as well.
Posted Image
Signs
When you follow a path in a field you can discover signs. If you make sure to check them you can get to where you are going in this wide world without getting lost.
Posted Image
It is all a real world. So if you don't look carefully at a sign....?
Posted Image
[Picture translation: Ex reads the sign! But this the back of the sign and nothing can be read.]

Treasure
Posted ImagePosted Image
[Picture Translation: You've obtained a Green Moss]
The same as in "Dragon Quest IX" here and there there are "shinny points". When you search there you may get a helpful item.
Posted ImagePosted Image
[Picture Translation: Antidotal Herb; Heals the poison of one comrade; Currently held: 0; Empty Space in the bag: 73]
Also, if you leave the path you might find treasure chests! Of course inside of the chests are useful items for your adventure.

Auto-Run

There are various useful functions available in "Dragon Quest X" so that you can continue exploring the wide fields. This "Auto Run" feature allows you to run continuously in the same direction.
Posted ImagePosted Image
You don't have to hold your finger against the arrow keys. Only touch it when you want to change directions. That way you can enjoy the scenery as you run, or talk to people.
Posted Image

Edited by Mimas, 02 December 2011 - 08:33 AM.

正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#19 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,654 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

World View
The stage of this adventure is a new world called "Astoltia"! It's an unbelievably wide world made up of four continents and an archipelago. But, in the middle of this world there are some suspicious black clouds...

Posted Image

Orgreede Continent
Posted Image

Posted Image
Orgreede Continent 1
The native land of the Ogre's. There is an extreme range in temperature with the land having a mix of prairies and icebergs.

Posted Image
Orgreede Continent 2
In the northern part of the continents is an iceberg zone that is covered with ice all year round. But even here the Ogre's live a proud life.
Posted Image

A Look at an Orgreede Continent city
An Ogre town is populated by rustic buildings that make use of the landscape.

Posted Image
Orgreede Image Board 1

Posted Image
Orgreede Image Board 2
Posted Image
Orgreede Continent 3
The north is an intense environment covered in icebergs.

Posted Image
Orgreede Continent 4
On the other hand in the south are large plains broken up by canyons.

Posted Image
Orgreede Continent 5
Twilight approaches. Will more dreadful monsters appear?
Posted Image
Village 1
In a corner of the iceberg area is "Langal Village" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled}

Posted Image
Town 2
In the middle of Orgreede is the castle town of the small country "Glen".

Pukland Continent
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pukland Continent 1
Home of the Puklipo. It is characterized by its lush green plains and gently sloping hills.
Posted Image
Pukland Continent 2
In a certain place on the continent there is a giant sunflower shaped windmill tower. It could be called the landmark of the continent.
Posted Image
A Look at an Pukland Continent city
The towns of the Puklipo resemble their eager to amuse personality as the buildings are in rows of cheerful shapes.
Posted Image
Town 1
There is a refined atmosphere in the capital city that resembles a grand castle, "Megistrees" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled} Are the Puklipo also a race that loves art?!
Posted Image
Village 2
An open village lined with round blue roofs. Do people show off their performances in the public square?!
Posted Image
Pukland Continent 5
There may be an fairy tale atmosphere floating through the continent but there are also places where powerful monsters wander.
Posted Image
Pukland Continent 4
There are mysterious trees in a row that almost seem to take on the joyful characteristics of the race.
Posted Image
Pukland Continent 3
There are vivid tracks of green that make up "Pukland Continent"
Posted Image
Pukland Continent Image Board 2
Posted Image
Pukland Continent Image Board 1

Edited by Mimas, 20 February 2012 - 11:55 AM.

正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#20 LordRoto

• Sword Slinger

• 256 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4384-4768-2059
  • Interests:Games, anime, you know the drill.
  • Tag Zip:32792

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

Looks great! Also, I love how you can cheer on other partys that you encounter. What a neat DQ spin on the online field!
Square-Enix releases official merchandise to celebrate Dragon Quest's 25th anniversery!
An actuall emblem of...
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10148126
Funniest looking L I've ever seen. But if thats what Square-Enix says.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DQX, Translation, Dragon Quest X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users