Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I wonder if Dracolord is happy of being scouted >>
Posted Image

#22 Winter

• Sword Slinger

• 437 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

I will need other English speaking people who can play with me when I import this game. Great work Mimas! If we share the treasure trove, would you want to team up and form a clan?

#23 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,636 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4083-8325-9641
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, anime, manga, computers.
  • Tag City:Los Angeles

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

Wenna Islands
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wenna Islands 1
The Weddi originate from this archipelago made up of many islands.
Posted Image
Wenna Islands 2
Some of the islands look like coral reefs that were exposed and have started to erode.
Posted Image
A Look at a Wenna Islands city
The towns that dot the Wenna Islands are colored by their focus on the ocean.
Posted Image
A Mysterious Request from the Prince
In this scene the "Veniard Kingdom" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled} personally makes a request of the player character.
{Translation of text: Prince Odis <Not official romanization>: Rather than saying it with the mouth, I would like to show it to your eyes. Would you come to the Eternal Underground Labyrinth?}
Posted Image
Town 2
The peculiar beauty of the "Veniard Kingdom" brings to mind white sea shells. It is said that the queen here is a blessing to the Weddi.
Posted Image
Village 1
An open village that faces the sea. When the sunsets glow falls upon the beach it feels just like a resort!?
Posted Image
Wedda Islands 5
The ecosystem where the Weddi are brought up is like a tropical rainforest.

Posted Image
Wedda Islands 4
The ground is full of palm like trees and fern like plants.

Posted Image
Wedda Islands 3
Various sized islands make up the "Wedda Islands" The island is blessed with abundant water and warmth.

Posted Image
Wedda Islands Image Board 2
Posted Image
Wedda Islands Image Board 1

Eltona
Posted Image
Posted Image
Eltona Continent 1
Eltona is where the Elves live in harmony with the environment and rejoice over the beauty of their natural features. Multicolored flowers bloom along the main road.
Posted Image
Eltona Continent 2
Time naturally passes in the world of Astoltia.There are places that show a whole different face between night and day.
Posted Image
A Look at a Eltona Continen city
The culture of Elves is full of oriental atmosphere and can be felt in the characteristics and civilization of the towns and villages.
Posted Image
Town 2
This is the kingdom's capital "Kamiharumui" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled}. Most player characters will end up coming here.
Posted Image
Village 1
In a clearing in the forest is an isolate village. The buildings make good use of the natural wood in their construction.
Posted Image
Eltona Continent 5
The plains area has seasonal flowers, and in some places you might see falling cherry blossoms?
Posted Image
Eltona Continent 4
Eltona Continent has an oriental taste to the air. So the wandering monsters also fit an oriental mood?!
Posted Image
Eltona Continent 3
Most of Eltona Continent is made up of lush woodlands.
Posted Image
Eltona Image Board 2
Posted Image
Eltona Image Board 1
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#24 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,636 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Dwachakka
Posted Image
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent 1
This is the continent where most of the Dwaves live. It is made up mainly of deserts and volcanoes.
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent 2
Here and there you can find the ruins of what could be called remnants of proudly splendid culture.
Posted Image
A Look at an Dwachakka Continent city
The city where most of the Dwaves live is made up of strong stone buildings. You can sense the superior construction techniques of the race.
Posted Image
Danger Approaching Draworm {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled}
You spot a man dejected about the future of the city. What is happening?
{Translation of text: If that stone looses its shine then Draworm will sink into the sand...... Qu, quickly I must run away! }
Posted Image
Town 3
The giant town of "Draworm Kingdom" is said to have been constructed several thousand years ago. What is the secret that has continued to protect its elegance?
Posted Image
Town 2
This town used to flourish in mining minerals. It seems for a certain reason mining is not continuing and the town is decaying.
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent 3
You can find the buildings here and there that were created with the "blessing" of cleverness due to the harsh conditions of the environment.
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent 2
Various ores can be mined in the Dwachakka Continent. The activity and vigor of the earth also causes the volcanic belt that spews up lava.
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent 1
In the middle of the continent is a giant desert area. Your sight can be veiled by sandstorms.
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent Image Board 2
Posted Image
Dwachakka Continent Image Board 1

The Mysterious Vehicle
Posted Image
Five continents scattered about the world.
As a method of transportation from these distant continents there is a mysterious vehicle!?

Edited by Mimas, 20 February 2012 - 07:38 PM.

正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#25 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,636 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

I will need other English speaking people who can play with me when I import this game. Great work Mimas! If we share the treasure trove, would you want to team up and form a clan?

Of course! What is the point of playing an online multiplayer DQ game if I can't play with my friends here!?
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#26 MetroidXPS

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,025 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

I hope I get the chance to play this with you guys. If there's clan/guild form, we should all form a Dragon'sDen clan/guild together there. Thanks for the awesome job you done so far Mimas. It's always a nice joy to see you continuing to translate stuff like this for us. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 TRL

• Sword Slinger

• 285 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

These pics are alot more meaningful with some context attached. Thanks! I also hadn't seen those conceptarts of the areas before. They seem more vibrant and lush than their ingame counterparts.

#28 PantheonSasuke

• Monster Masher

• 955 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Ahaha! Woo! Hunter mechs! Hopefully that means killing machines will be in this, too. And the hunter mechs are in the Wenna Islands, eh? Guess that means there'll be grinding to be had there.

(also a tortoceratops, I think it's called. Not sure what to think of that. I know either it or one of its alternates was vexing in V...)

Awesome job, though, Mimas. It's great of you to take the time to translate these and side them with the pictures, yo.

#29 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Bane of Baramos

• 2,572 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Country:Canada

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Beautiful work Mimas. :thumbsup:

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

Contest #107-Can I Get A Caption With That?

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28710#entry374454

Terry's Wonderland 3D

http://www.dragonquest.jp/terry3ds/

X

http://www.dqx.jp/

Join The Revolution!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WeDemandMoreDragonQuestInTheUsa

DQVII

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq7/

#30 Stepchan

• Bane of Baramos

• 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Anime, Nirvana and song parodies.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I see the sword enemies from the 4th game.

Team assemble!!!

Marisa-1.pngWoolen.pngStephen.pngDoropie.png

____ Marisa ________ Woolen ___ Stephen ____ Doropie ___

The future is in the past. Onwards Aoshima!

The Sylveons with the ribbons all say... Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh... Walk like a Lilligant...

Man, boy! You down for the count now! DJ Boy, what you think you doin'?

#31 geminate

• Savvy Seafarer

• 70 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3053-0430-4740
  • Tag City:Vancouver
  • Tag State:WA
  • Tag Zip:98662
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the info! I have been getting much more excited about this game! I will gladly import it!

#32 Winter

• Sword Slinger

• 437 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Of course! What is the point of playing an online multiplayer DQ game if I can't play with my friends here!?

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you Mimas. I very much appreciate it.

#33 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,636 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

{Translation Note: No romanization was given for anything other than continent names so this is just my guess on how people's names and places should be spelled}

Grand Story

After having becoming a new race, when you start your adventure in "Astoltia" there are five great stories waiting for you on each continent. It is only a small fraction, but we will give you a peep at some of the scenes from the story.

Pukland Continent
A kidnapping case in this fun town!?
In a place that should always be enveloped in laughs, a town in Pukland, a terrible kidnapping case happens?!
Posted Image
[Text Translation: Inspector Pakure: "The evil man of the century Naburetto!! He is a terrible criminal that took the children of Allfair! That he is!!"]
Posted Image
[Text Translation: Naburetto: "All the brats are trapped on the other side of this gate. It certainly won't open now."]

Eltona Continent
There is a girl who can determine the existence of a town?
The existence of the "Wind Carrier" is the keystone to the continuation of the Elf Town. What reason would the girl have for rejecting her place as heir?
Posted Image
[Text Translation: Feudal Lord Taketora: "Fuura. This town hasn't had the Wind Sending ceremony in six years. The wind in the town is stagnating, and the number of people complaining about being in bad physical health has increased."]
Posted Image
[Text Translation: Fuura: "I down;t want to be a Wind Carrier.... I definitely don't want to ride the Kamushika!"]

Orgreede Continent
What is the mysterious illness that pains the King....?
In a certain kingdom in the continent of Orgreede there is a king suffering from a disease!?
What is its connection to the Kingdom of Gaurdlant?
Posted Image
[Text Translation: King Bagudo: "Crap, my head hurts like it will split.....! Damn Gaurdlant...."]
Posted Image
[Text Translation: Sage Eidos: "Damn King Bagudo. This has become difficult hasn't it."]

Decide who the story leader will be!
When you make a party with other players, when you decide who will be the "Story Leader" you decide whose story will be progressed. Of course if the story you are playing has progressed the same as the "Story Leader" you can progress your story along with the leader.
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Party: Invite to the party; Decide on the Party Leader; Decide on the Story Leader; Remove from the party; Split from the party; Break up the party]
Posted Image
[Text Translation: "An announcement for the King of Bagudo! This traveler desires to join the Castle Glen guard."]

Convenient Facility's and Items
"Dragon Quest X" will have a huge world hitherto unseen as the stage of adventure. But there will be facilities and items to appearing that will help you move about this world.

Continental Railroad
The "Continental Railroad" is called the "Earth's Ark" It connects all five continents of Astoltia, it is an extremely long distance railroad. Of course the time to travel takes just a moment!
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Julet Station]
Posted Image
[Text Translation: "Welcome to the Continetal Railroad! Which station will you be going to?"]
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Upper Left says "Eastern Glen Territory]

Rula Stone
"Rula Stone" is a convenient item used for transportation {Translators note: Rula is the Japanese name for the spell known as "Zoom" or "Return".}. If you record the place that you will to go, you fly there immediately upon use of the item! For one Rula stone you can only record one destination. Of course you can change the destination that is recorded.
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Right Box: Condition: Ekusu Lv. 32; Left Box: Pray; Rune Stone; Resurrect; Treat Poison; Remove Curse; Lower Box: Have the current town recorded on your Rune Stone; Text Translation: "All who live are children of god. What business brings you to my church?]
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Upper Left says "Eastern Glen Territory]
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#34 Mr. RPG

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,738 posts
  • Interests:Website Coding, Making RPGs, Playing RPGs, Gaming

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Does it say which system the graphics are from? I am assuming the Wii.

Mask_Salesman_rage.gif

#35 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,636 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Save your Memories as Photos
There is an item that you can receive in the game called "Photo Machine" . If you have it you can take "Photos" where you are. Save the memories of your travels by taking pictures of your favorite scenery.
Posted Image
[Text Translation: "The thing called a Photo Machine is really very wonderful! If you want, you can try using it. Now, please take this Photo Machine." ;"Yes"; "No"]
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Number of pictures left 0/100 pictures. (a)Take a picture (x) Don't show your character (y) Stop]
It is also convenient because you can take a picture without showing yourself.
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Number of pictures left 0/100 pictures. (a)Take a picture (x) Don't show your character (y) Stop]

The Photo Machine connects to a player only site.
The photos you take are saved on "Awoken Travelers Square", which is a site that you can access if you can make use of if you are a player of the game. You can see your favorite pictures anytime you want on the internet, and also show them to your friends.
Posted Image
[Text Translation: "Save this Photo?; "Yes"; "No";]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You can also take photos of Battle Scenes!
On top of that you can use the Photo machine for battle scenes. You can leave a record of your fierce battle against a strong opponent.
Posted Image
Draw closer to the ecology of monsters!
Of course, you can freely choose what you take pictures of! You can take pictures of not just memorable scenery and events but also the mysterious ecology of the monsters that live in the world. You can challenge yourself to make your own "Monster Ecology Encyclopaedia"!

Slime Besu {Translators Note: AKA She Slime or Red Slime}
Posted Image
Among the monsters the Slime Besu is rather tame. At night it sleeps?

Oni Kozou {Translators Note: AKA Orc, Pickayune}
Posted Image
[Picture Description: Command box: Attack; Spell; Skill; Item; Strategy;]
It hits its behind to provoke you. It is good at annoying others.

Thief Rabbit
Posted Image
The Thief Rabbit attacks like a full fledged wrestler using drop kicks and body slams.

Yetti {Translators Note: AKA Iceloth, Abominable showman}
Posted Image
With it's powerful tongue movements it can lick you causing a temporary drop in your defense.

Death Slave {Translators Note: AKA Dead Resident}
Posted Image
It can do a tricky attack where it removes the ball and chain attached to it and uses a bone as a bat to hit you.

Pig Hat
Posted Image
The "Pig Hat" wears a mages hat. Amazingly, it is the hat part that attacks!?

Bandit Wolf {Translators Note: AKA Ruff Ruffian}
Posted Image
Also keep an eye on the way monsters are defeated! The Bandit Wold collapses turning their body in the overblown style of a period drama. {Translation Note: By period drama it is specifically referring to Japanese samurai movie style.}
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#36 Mimas

• Ace of Alefgard

• 1,636 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thanks everyone for your support!

I hope I get the chance to play this with you guys. If there's clan/guild form, we should all form a Dragon'sDen clan/guild together there. Thanks for the awesome job you done so far Mimas. It's always a nice joy to see you continuing to translate stuff like this for us. :)

Glad to do it. While I don't think that there will be official guilds in the game, there is nothing stopping us from acting like an unofficial guild. The best part of this game for me is that it will offer that online play that I wished we had in DQIX so that we could all play together.

Does it say which system the graphics are from? I am assuming the Wii.

Nope, nothing mentioned. I'm sure they are taken on a machine they use for developing the game anyways, so they probably aren't the same as they will be on the Wii anyways.
正義なき力と同じように力なき正義もまた無力
Posted Image

#37 Mr. RPG

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,738 posts
  • Interests:Website Coding, Making RPGs, Playing RPGs, Gaming

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

It'll be hard to play this AND XIV when the PS3 version comes out. :P Somehow I'll manage.

Mask_Salesman_rage.gif

#38 Quart20858

• Avid Alchemist

• 128 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3310-7273-3543
  • Interests:DS
    Minecraft
    The Legend of Zelda
    Monster Hunter
    Dragon Quest
    Pokémon
    RPGs
  • Tag City:Cleveland Heights
  • Tag State:Ohio
  • Tag Zip:44118
  • Tag Country:United States of America

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Nice job!

#39 Saigan

• Monster Masher

• 860 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Armored Core, Hiking, Camping
  • Tag City:Colorado Springs
  • Tag State:Colorado
  • Tag Zip:80911
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

I need to stop looking at these screens, it is making the wait unbearable.

#40 speedracer216

• Head Hunter

• 597 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

So the online play is only going to add bonus stuff? Phew... By the way, thanks for the translation, very useful!

Don't get carried away. They indicated only that the "prologue" is offline, and "a new adventure" awaits online. That makes me think character creation and backstory are offline before the real adventure begins online. Like in DQIX (if it were made this way) you'd probably go online at the point in the story when you first arrive in Stornway (your first time "out in the world!")

It is nice to see that you don't HAVE to play with others....

But I'm still worried about 2 big things (maybe more but this for now....)
1. What happens 20 years from now when I want to replay this like I replay DW3 every year? I can't because the servers are down and 90% of the game was "online". :(
2. Will story take a backseat (like it started to in IX) in order to leave more flexibility for human players? When NPC's talk, they further the story. When I select from a menu of "hiya!" or "Do you want some puff puff" or "I'm a fighter"......... not so much story advancement. And which one of us is really the hero? I still need proof that an MMO can succeed in NOT being open-ended where the only point is to do sidequests and get stronger.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DQX, Translation, Dragon Quest X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users