question for people that just got DQMJ2

monsters joker 2 DQMJ2 dragon quest DQ

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DJ BlackJack

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,081 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2795-3635-4895
  • Interests:DQ, weightlifting, DJing, partying here and there, school, electronics/hardware, getting inked (tattooed), Pokemon, Street Fighter, Tekken, Kid Icarus Mario, Zelda and best of all, Metroid
  • Tag City:Phoenix
  • Tag State:AZ
  • Tag Zip:85282
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

is there a reason why people ask what to do in the game or ask where to find monsters constantly? i ask because everytime i visit the site and check new content, its FILLED with DQMJ2 topics. all i can suggest is just play the game (like normal people and not tempt people to look at spoilers who dont yet have the game) or ask google or gamefaqs for events, where to find monsters, etc. that way anything ppl find out it will be in the DQMJ2 section on the home page, away from the ppl that dont have it yet. google is a very useful tool. as u may know japan already has the game and maybe ppl posted some topics on it in a different site. use google translate and read what they had to say about the game, where to find or get monsters or items and weapons/armor, etc.

just a suggestion. for ppl that dont care, disregard the topic. for ppl that do, JUST PLAY THE GAME like a normal person.

an example is if im stuck in a game, ill look it up on gamefaqs rather than ask ppl.
I Play the evil villians in RingMan's RP. most notably My favorite character Nokturnus vvvv
Posted Image
Games to look forward to

SSB 4 (TBA)
DQM TW3D (TBA)
Pokemon B/W 2 (TBA)
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3d (TBA)
Legend of Zelda (3ds/Wii U)(TBA)

Posted ImageGames currently working onPosted Image

Kid Icarus Uprising (beat Hades on 8.0 intensity)
DQM Joker 2 (350+ hours between 2 copies)
Mario Kart 7 (8000 VR Points Wifi)

#2 SlimeKnight22

• Avid Alchemist

• 148 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Animation (I want to learn how to make flash movies), Video Games, Reading, Speaking, and being as nerdy as humanly possible.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

I agree with DJ Blackjack. I don't really get why anybody would need to look it up anyways, the game is pretty simple. Strategy for battles is one thing, asking how to set fire to the bonfires in iceolation or how to deliver a freaking letter from the slime in the doubtback to the mole gaurding the cave is another. I mean... think a little before running to the internet. PLEASE!
Posted Image

#3 SlimeBeherit

• Avid Alchemist

• 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Well this game doesn't do the best job explaining it's mechanics.Like why does a synthesizing a slime holding a Phoenix septre is stronger than a regular slime.I'm playing this game blind, I haven't looked up anything, but I would say that's "normal", in fact I think we are in the minority .

#4 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,030 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Well, i don't really mind if people ask for help with where certain monsters are, as long as we don't get 5 topics on looking for a single monster.

Then again, it seems that we don't really have a list of where to capture certain monsters Perhaps i'll copy some of the area maps and make a list of the monsters you can find there in the day/night/bad weather. . .
This is actually fairly accurate to me ^^;
Posted Image

#5 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1163-2955-0100

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

also what monsters have the passive skill sets and where/how to get them.

Ward Sets are useful, but the guide says little on how/where to get them.
Why yes, I do play Star Trek Online.
If you like 4x games go here: FreeOrion
DWM2 Rules!!!
View the Dragon Lord's Minions
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Princess Lily

• Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,230 posts
  • Interests:swimming, drawing, playing video games, watching anime, reading

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

I'm indifferent. I think it Ok, for the more complicated monsters to as how to get them. But, many are just ladder climbing options.

I agree about not making multiple topics asking how to get the same monster. Some people may be too lazy or impatient to look to see if somebody else already made a topic asking the same thing.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,030 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

You can actually search for the skill sets from a different menu. Pretty much just click the one you're looking for and go. But yeah, it would be nice to just have them on in the companion section as well.

From what i heard the Ward Sets are rare to get. Like you can get Sap Ward (which i'm looking for) can actually be found on a dracky. . . I'm gonna scout a bunch of them and see for myself. I also heard that they could be on the phantom monsters.

edit~

I actually just scouted my first dracky looking for Sap Ward and....He has it. So i'll just confirm that Sap ward is on Dracky. . .just rare.
Skeletons apparently can get Sleep Ward
Rockbombs - Crack Ward
Silvapithecus - Bang ward

Edited by Kalmana, 27 September 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#8 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

*looks through his monster farm*

Rojo has Poison Ward(synthed from a healer and a muddy hand)
Purple has Crack Ward(barracuda+[???+weaken beakon])
gr has Blade Blunter Ward (reward for getting 50 monsters)
Grande2 has Paralysis ward(from a snowbird)
Toxie has Crack Ward(synthed from a mischeivous mole and a scorpion)
GD2 has Dim Ward(synthed from a kalamari kid and a snail slime)
A wild-caught platypunk has Frizz Ward
A wild-caught kelpsy has Sizz ward
"" Firn Fiend with Fire Breath Ward
""Mecha-mynah with bang ward
""Shadow with Woosh Ward
""Conklave with bang ward
Grim has Frizz ward(skulpent+[skelegon+the purple frog thing])
"" ghost has Dazzle Ward

that's what I have currently. Didn't realize I had so many ward sets already. :)
DWM2 Rules!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Drake

• Avid Alchemist

• 145 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2279-9351-8294
  • Tag City:San Diego
  • Tag State:California

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

To respond to the original poster; perhaps we should have dedicated threads for specific discussion and a general discussion thread so there won't be so many "useless threads." For example there can be a thread dedicated to team building, one for Wi-Fi battling, a help and FAQ thread (for the people who don't think to use the internet). I could list more, but those are threads that I would like to see. Someone let me know if they would like to see something like this.
I think people make threads for because they like to discuss things with actual people or to up their post count, but I don't really know.

#10 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,030 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

For the ones that you bred, do you know what original monster had the ward?
Posted Image

#11 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 12,399 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

You can actually search for the skill sets from a different menu. Pretty much just click the one you're looking for and go. But yeah, it would be nice to just have them on in the companion section as well.

From what i heard the Ward Sets are rare to get. Like you can get Sap Ward (which i'm looking for) can actually be found on a dracky. . . I'm gonna scout a bunch of them and see for myself. I also heard that they could be on the phantom monsters.

edit~

I actually just scouted my first dracky looking for Sap Ward and....He has it. So i'll just confirm that Sap ward is on Dracky. . .just rare.
Skeletons apparently can get Sleep Ward
Rockbombs - Crack Ward
Silvapithecus - Bang ward

If you goto the companions page and check the skillsets box at the top, is that what you are looking for?

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#12 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 6,999 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

No, that shows what skillset the monster comes with if you breed one. When you scout wild monsters though, they often have other skillsets and this is the only way to acquire many of the "ward" skillsets.

The problem with just listing monsters (like for example, dracky has Sap Ward) is that you also need to specify the location of the monster because the location seems to be a factor.

Here is my list so far. I don't have locations for many of them, but the biggest thing to note here is the best bet for Sag Ward (needed for Uber Attack) is the headhunters in Treepidation. I guess the odds are very good that they have it. Anyway, the list:

Dracky - Sap Ward
Slime X (won from Eugene) Whack Ward
Drake Slime -Decelerate Ward
Hackasaurus - Confusion Ward
Skelegon - Zap Ward
phantom fencer - Blade Blunter Ward
mecha-mynah - Bang Ward
Rubble Slime - Sap Ward
Snow Bird - Paralysis Ward
Bjorn - Abiliterator Ward
Gigantes - Inaction Ward
Spiked Hare - Crack Ward
Dancing Devil - Ban Dance Ward
Metal Slime - Decelerate Ward
Snail Slime - Dim Ward
Scorpion Crack Ward
Chimera - Paralysis Ward
Hunter Mech - Blade Blunter Ward
Komodo - Gobstopper Ward
Skelegon, Dark Slime, Dracky - Zam Ward
Crabid - Antimagic Ward
Phantom Fencer - Sag Ward
Headhunter in treepidation - Sag Ward (BET BET FOR SAG WARD)

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.png DQMW_hdpi.png foot_dq1.png foot_dq2.png foot_dq3.png icon.png

PrinceofCannock1-1.pngTrauminate_IMG-3.pngBianca.png

#13 Plattym3

• Heralded Hero

• 10,512 posts
  • Tag City:Orlando
  • Tag State:Florida

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

I always buy the strategy guides. Don't always use them much, but they respond much quicker to questions than posting topics does :angel:

Games in progress: Pokemon X & Rune Factory 4

Games in (permanent?) hiatus: Golden Sun 3, Nostalgia, Pokemon Black 2, Blue Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
Wish List: All those DQ games that have been released in Japan in the past few years but not here.
RPGs completed: FFI & DWI - IV back in the early 90s, 7th Saga late-90s, FFVI 1999 (my first ROM), DQV 2/1/03 as the whole Columbia disaster unfolded that morning, DWVII 8/03, Torneko: The Last Hope 10/03, Pokemon Trading Card Game 12/03, DWM 1/04, DWIII for GBC 2/04, DWM2 Cobi 2/04, Star Ocean 2nd Story 4/04, DWI for GBC 4/04, Torneco no Daibouken 6/04, Phantasy Star 1 7/04, DQVI 7/04, Chrono Cross 9/04 (during hurricance Frances), Grandia 10/04, Chrono Trigger 10/04, Pokemon Leaf Green 11/04, Breath of Fire 12/04, Grandia II 1/05, Grandia Xtreme 2/05, Dark Cloud 2/05, LOTR: 3rd Age GBA 3/05, LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 3/05, Golden Sun 4/05, Dark Cloud II 5/05, Star Ocean 3: Til The End of Time 6/05, DWII for GBC 6/05, FFX 6/05, Golden Sun: The Lost Age 7/05, Destiny of an Emperor 9/05, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom 10/05, Kingdom Hearts 11/05, DQVIII 12/05, FFI (GBA) 2/06, Grandia III 4/06, GBA FF2 4/06, Kingdom Hearts 2 5/06, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (full Pokedex - 200) 6/06, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 6/06, Pokemon Crystal 7/06, DWM2 all 312 monsters 7/06, Lufia II 8/06, Pokemon FireRed (150 Kanto Pokedex) 9/06, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team 9/06, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 10/06, FFIII DS 12/06, Pokemon Ranger 12/06, DQM: Joker (J) 2/07, Slime Morimori 2/07, FFV GBA 2/07, FFIV GBA 2/07, Pokemon Diamond 5/07, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 5/07, Children of Mana 6/07, Rogue Galaxy 6/07, Itadaki Street DS 7/07, Etrian Odyssey 7/07, Joker (US) 11/07, DQIV DS (J) 12/07, FFXII 12/07, Rune Factory 1/08, DQ Swords 2/08, Magical Starsign 3/08, DQM: Caravan Heart 4/08, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness 5/08, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 7/08, DQV (J) 7/08, Digimon World DS 8/08, Legend of Dragoon 8/08, DQIV DS (US) 10/08, Rhapsody DS 10/08, DQV DS 11/08, DQVI DS 7/11, DQIX 10/11, DQM: Joker 2 11/11, Puzzle Quest 2 12/11, Rune Factory 3 2/12, Gailardria I 5/12, Pokemon White 6/12, Rune Factory 2 5/13, Etrian Odyssey III 6/13, Etrian Odyssey IV 8/13, Pokemon X 11/13

#14 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 12,399 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Ahh, got it, I was reading it wrong.

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#15 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,395 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

I also do not understand why people would not take the chance to discover things. Perhaps they are too focused on getting perfect teams from the start, or think they hit a wall if they do not advance in 4 minutes or have the answer right in front of them.

Even for the quiz in this game, where the hints practically solve the quiz by themselves, they ask for the answers...

My take would be to enjoy the game, get to know the characters (people complain about the lack of story but they never take the time to actually read what story there is in the game), discover things as they come, go back and explore old areas.

If you want to rush through the game and just go back to the exact point where you will get a specific thing you need, well, to me you will look like someone who does not do their own work and has to follow someone else's footsteps all along the way.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#16 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

For the ones that you bred, do you know what original monster had the ward?

Unfortunately... no. I mentioned all the ones I knew. But some are covered in Zenith's post.

Now if we update with that data:
Rojo has Poison Ward(synthed from a healer and a muddy hand)
Purple has Crack Ward(barracuda+[???+weaken beakon])
gr has Blade Blunter Ward (reward for getting 50 monsters)
Grande2 has Paralysis ward(from a snowbird)
Toxie has Crack Ward(synthed from a mischeivous mole and a scorpion) probably the scorpion
GD2 has Dim Ward(synthed from a kalamari kid and a snail slime) looks like he got it from the snail slime.
Grim has Frizz ward(skulpent+[skelegon+the purple frog thing])
A wild-caught platypunk has Frizz Ward
A wild-caught kelpsy has Sizz ward
"" Firn Fiend with Fire Breath Ward
""Mecha-mynah with bang ward
""Shadow with Woosh Ward
""Conklave with bang ward
"" ghost has Dazzle Ward

It helps but not that much.
DWM2 Rules!!!

#17 DJ BlackJack

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,081 posts
  • Interests:DQ, weightlifting, DJing, partying here and there, school, electronics/hardware, getting inked (tattooed), Pokemon, Street Fighter, Tekken, Kid Icarus Mario, Zelda and best of all, Metroid

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

im glad so many ppl replied!!!

it was just something that was urkin my nerve..........

drake, thats exactly my point. there are a lot of useless threads regarding DQMJ2 and i do agree that we should make subforums for DQMJ2. FAQs, guides, Wi-Fi, wards and the like but most likely woodus will add it to the main page.

id cancel out the help thread due to the fact everyone would run there and post useless questions...........
I Play the evil villians in RingMan's RP. most notably My favorite character Nokturnus vvvv
Posted Image
Games to look forward to

SSB 4 (TBA)
DQM TW3D (TBA)
Pokemon B/W 2 (TBA)

#18 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

It would be nice to have a thread for Ward skill data, but I don't see a point to splitting this forum into parts.
DWM2 Rules!!!

#19 DJ BlackJack

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,081 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

ill make a thread and see who votes for what. only fair way of splitting the forum or not.........
Posted Image
Games to look forward to

SSB 4 (TBA)
DQM TW3D (TBA)
Pokemon B/W 2 (TBA)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monsters, joker 2, DQMJ2, dragon, quest, DQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users