• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1941 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 949 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Wow, 2 weeks with no posts. So I'll come with a nice surprise:

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D is being localized.

http://m.chanarchive.org/4chan/v/61577

Link is not really safe for work. I'll quote the relevant stuff here. In addition, here is a text only pastebin version: http://pastebin.com/SXE3XD85

Anonymous 10/13/12(Sat)17:09 No.158437776

Nintendo of America marketing employee here. Just stopping by to tell you guys things. Because well. I've always wanted to do one of these things but we've been so boring in the past.

>Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D is being localized
>Gamecube games on virtual console come with fun things for the tablet controller like trivia and guides
>New MMO in development for Wii U F2P and not P2W

The MMORPG sounds like it's a take on Monster Hunter only persistent open world with classes -- in fact, the way he coyly describes it, I think it's a literal Monster Hunter MMORPG.
Rumor of a Wavebird being released for the Wii to support Gamecube games.
No details on DQM:TW3D except that Iwata apparently personally pushed for it's localization.

Edited by KiTA, 15 October 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#1942 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 719 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, mecha, Sgt. Frog, Dragon Ball, Belgian gnomes, Beauty and the Beast (both the fairy tale and the Disney version), Michael Rosen, and many more
  • Tag City:Champlin
  • Tag State:Minnesota
  • Tag Zip:55316

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Well, I'm happy that it's getting localized. Can't say I'll enjoy the wait, but at least we have about some time (perhaps 8 to 12 months) before we see it on store shelves.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
Top 100 of Super Scout (Dhuran and grandpa slime) and Scout (Dhuran, yabby, and cureslime) in DQMJ2Vanilla (during March 2012).
You will almost never find me outside the Terry's Wonderland 3D forum.
Favourite monsters: Slime, mottle slime, teeny sanguini, king mottle slime, liquid metal king slime, metal king death star, slime family, great dragon, dracolord, Dragonlord, Dragovian lord, Greygnarl, Zenithian dragon, genie sanguini, king teeny sanguini, mandrake marshal, overkilling machine, just about every ???-family monster (except the Incarni and Kandar).
My channel:
http://www.youtube.c...nt?feature=mhee
My DQVI boss run (with monsters!):
https://www.youtube....feature=edit_ok

RPGs currently playing: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)

RPGs completed: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (2006), Pokemon Emerald (Jan. 2007), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (2007), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2007), Pokemon Sapphire (2007-8), Pokemon Silver (JP) (2007-8), Pokemon Diamond (Jan. 2008), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (2008, then 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon Platinum (2009), Fossil Fighters (Jan. 2010, then Dec. 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon HeartGold (Apr. 2010), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (May-Jun. 2010), Digimon World: Dawn (Aug. 2010), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Dec. 2010), Pokemon Battle Revolution (Dec. 2010-Jan. 2011) Pokemon Black (Mar.-Apr. 2011), Dragon Quest IX (Jul. 2011), Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Dec. 16, 2011), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (New Year's Day 2012), Fossil Fighters: Champions (Apr. 2012), Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (ROM) (Aug. 24, 2012), Pokemon Black 2 (DS) (Mar. 15, 2013)
RPGs on hiatus: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (GCN), Pokemon Colosseum (GCN), Dragon Warrior III (GBC), Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (NoPrgress translation) (SFC/SNES), Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2: The Hero from the Stars and the Rancher Friends (original Japanese) (PSX), Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (English fan-translation) (PSX), Paper Mario (N64, Virtual Console version)
Planning to get: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (in the near future)
Wish list: Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

#1943 Sir Dragoon

• Avid Alchemist

• 129 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1760-9366-0009 <-- altwfc version

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

What to do with all those Professional monsters now....
------
Only the best heroes are silent....

#1944 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 949 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Aren't all the Professional monsters in DQM1R?

#1945 ethanej

• Sword Slinger

• 355 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1721-5975-7443
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, building computers, et cetera
  • Tag City:Sandy Lake
  • Tag State:PA
  • Tag Zip:16145

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

http://m.chanarchive.org/4chan/v/61577

Link is not really safe for work. I'll quote the relevant stuff here. In addition, here is a text only pastebin version: http://pastebin.com/SXE3XD85

Anonymous 10/13/12(Sat)17:09 No.158437776

Nintendo of America marketing employee here. Just stopping by to tell you guys things. Because well. I've always wanted to do one of these things but we've been so boring in the past.

>Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D is being localized
>Gamecube games on virtual console come with fun things for the tablet controller like trivia and guides
>New MMO in development for Wii U F2P and not P2W

The MMORPG sounds like it's a take on Monster Hunter only persistent open world with classes -- in fact, the way he coyly describes it, I think it's a literal Monster Hunter MMORPG.
Rumor of a Wavebird being released for the Wii to support Gamecube games.
No details on DQM:TW3D except that Iwata apparently personally pushed for it's localization.

Until Nintendo release's some info(Officially like E3 or Nintendo Direct.) then all this can be taken as to me is just fan speculation.

#1946 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,524 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, Star Trek, Marvel, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, One Republic
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Country:Canada

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I may need to host a "Predict the release date" contest.

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

I Direct Your Attention to this Blog

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/nice-meet-you-kupo

Follow me as I speed-run Persona 3 FES on Hard Mode

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30272

#1947 Daylnn

• Dungeon Dweller

• 43 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0003-7364-2970

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Seriously!? It's being localized!?!? Yes! Yes yes yes! Oh, man, I am SO happy right now! I need to start saving right away so that I can pay off the preorder right when it becomes available.

#1948 Zendor

• Avid Alchemist

• 196 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0132-4431-7457
  • Tag City:Quebec
  • Tag State:Canada

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

that game would be the reason i buy a 3ds
Posted Image

#1949 redneckpride4ever

• Monster Masher

• 848 posts
  • Interests:DQ (obviously), beer, guns, WWE, money, Big D's Redneck Minute on Youtube, fishing, Monster Jam

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I posted this link on my facebook site- I hope I didn't help fuel future dissapointments. I hope the rumor is true.

Black muddy river/roll on forever
I don't care how deep or wide,
If you got another side.
Roll, muddy river.
Roll, muddy river.
Black muddy river, roll.-

The Grateful Dead

#1950 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,524 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, Star Trek, Marvel, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, One Republic

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I posted this link on my facebook site- I hope I didn't help fuel future dissapointments. I hope the rumor is true.

I'm sure it is.

dd_bar_032.png

LINK DIRECTORY

#1951 Proshall

• Sword Slinger

• 496 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm excited, though I'd take it with a grain of salt, many 4chan company "officials" are fake, and I'd personally say that this one is as well. Take it as you will.

#1952 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 949 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

On the one hand yes, most "officials" are fake, and we have no evidence this is a real leak.

On the other hand, DQMTW3D is not exactly a high profile game, and if you were going to fake a leak, why would you fake THAT one?

#1953 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,524 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Both viable arguments. But look at it like this. The original Terry's Wonderland did rather well before, so a troll might be feasting on that to get us.

dd_bar_032.png

LINK DIRECTORY

#1954 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 805 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2623-7540-8546
  • Interests:Foxes, Magic.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't think so. In today's generation, few people still play RPG's. Plus not many Americans even KNOW about Dragon Quest. I feel people would more likely falsely leak something about a new Call of Duty before DQ.

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#1955 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,524 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I don't think so. In today's generation, few people still play RPG's. Plus not many Americans even KNOW about Dragon Quest. I feel people would more likely falsely leak something about a new Call of Duty before DQ.

Not likely. CoD gets so much attention, it would be too much effort to do.

dd_bar_032.png

LINK DIRECTORY

#1956 Emptystar

• Sword Slinger

• 295 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Wow! Well, true or not, thanks for showing major innitiative and keeping an eye out for localization details, Kita!
=)

I dunno about this. I *hope* it's true, but I'm going to wait a bit before sharing these findings wih Gamefaqs.
The GC VC download thing just seems a bit too hard to swallow.

Crossing my fingers.
=p

#1957 Proshall

• Sword Slinger

• 496 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

A fair amount of people on /v/ (4chan's Video-game board) want the game, so I wouldn't put it past that "official."

#1958 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 805 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2623-7540-8546
  • Interests:Foxes, Magic.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I don't know. The GC VC probably won't use the tablet's touch pad, so it may use it to display some things about the game, maybe if you're playing Mario Sunshine, it'll show you you coins, lives, shines and what FLUDD nozzles you unlocked in that area.

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#1959 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 949 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

I don't know. The GC VC probably won't use the tablet's touch pad, so it may use it to display some things about the game, maybe if you're playing Mario Sunshine, it'll show you you coins, lives, shines and what FLUDD nozzles you unlocked in that area.

The rumor they state suggest exactly that -- strat guides et all will appear on the tablet.

The rumor they state suggest exactly that -- strat guides et all will appear on the tablet.

#1960 Hannya

• Slime Slayer

• 4 posts
  • Interests:Anime, music, video games, reading, writing
  • Tag State:Ohio
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Can't say with any certainty whether there's any truth to the rumor, but I hope it's being localized. My expectations for the game aren't terribly high, mind you-- it seems to me that this is simply a new Joker game with old characters and monsters thrown in-- but if it does see a release in the West, I'll probably pick it up nonetheless.

What'd be more satisfying to me would be to see DWM 1 & 2 released via the virtual console or something of that sort. The 3D style of th emore recent DQM games just detracts from the previously simple, intimate gameplay, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users