2280 replies to this topic

#2121 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 806 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2623-7540-8546
  • Interests:Foxes, Magic.
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hope it's only released as one game as I don't really see the use in making 2 versions of nearly the same game.

I think it will. A while ago, DQM 1 and two were remade of the Playstation only in Japan, and in the remake Cobi and Tara were rolled into one game. I think you got to choose who to play as at the beginning.

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#2122 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 728 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, mecha, Sgt. Frog, Dragon Ball, Belgian gnomes, Beauty and the Beast (both the fairy tale and the Disney version), Michael Rosen, and many more
  • Tag City:Champlin
  • Tag State:Minnesota
  • Tag Zip:55316

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Since we're talking about the upcoming DQM2 remake, it's only fair that I do one of the DQM2 originals (one of the returning DQMJ2Pro monsters, no less!)

タイタニス/Titanis

Rank S/Size 2/Demon Family

Skillet: Frizz and Zam

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

AI 2回行動/Double Trouble (monster will act twice in succession)

イオ系のコツ/Bangmeister (increases Bang-type effects by 15%; MP consumption of Bang-type spells is decreased by half)

いあつ/Imposing (can immobilize the enemy party at the beginning of a battle)
呪文会心 出やすい/Haywire Massacre (doubles the rate of haywire spells) (+25)
マインドブレイク/Mind Break/Crafty Inactivist (reduces the enemy's resistance to inaction effects by two stages; monsters immune to/healed by/reflecting inaction are unaffected)

How to obtain: Moosifer × Atlas or lleviathan (breed), foreign monster master

HP: 1740

MP: 835

ATK: 540

DEF: 440

AGI: 430

WIS: 1200

Feel free to comment.

Hope it's only released as one game as I don't really see the use in making 2 versions of nearly the same game.

I think it will. A while ago, DQM 1 and two were remade of the Playstation only in Japan, and in the remake Cobi and Tara were rolled into one game. I think you got to choose who to play as at the beginning.

You're correct. You did get to choose which of the two you wanted to play as (Cobi or Tara).

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo, 28 April 2013 - 07:34 PM.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
Top 100 of Super Scout (Dhuran and grandpa slime) and Scout (Dhuran, yabby, and cureslime) in DQMJ2Vanilla (during March 2012).
You will almost never find me outside the Terry's Wonderland 3D forum.
Favourite monsters: Slime, mottle slime, teeny sanguini, king mottle slime, liquid metal king slime, metal king death star, slime family, great dragon, dracolord, Dragonlord, Dragovian lord, Greygnarl, Zenithian dragon, genie sanguini, king teeny sanguini, mandrake marshal, overkilling machine, just about every ???-family monster (except the Incarni and Kandar).
My channel:
http://www.youtube.c...nt?feature=mhee
My DQVI boss run (with monsters!):
https://www.youtube....feature=edit_ok

RPGs currently playing: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)

RPGs completed: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (2006), Pokemon Emerald (Jan. 2007), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (2007), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2007), Pokemon Sapphire (2007-8), Pokemon Silver (JP) (2007-8), Pokemon Diamond (Jan. 2008), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (2008, then 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon Platinum (2009), Fossil Fighters (Jan. 2010, then Dec. 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon HeartGold (Apr. 2010), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (May-Jun. 2010), Digimon World: Dawn (Aug. 2010), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Dec. 2010), Pokemon Battle Revolution (Dec. 2010-Jan. 2011) Pokemon Black (Mar.-Apr. 2011), Dragon Quest IX (Jul. 2011), Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Dec. 16, 2011), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (New Year's Day 2012), Fossil Fighters: Champions (Apr. 2012), Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (ROM) (Aug. 24, 2012), Pokemon Black 2 (DS) (Mar. 15, 2013)
RPGs on hiatus: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (GCN), Pokemon Colosseum (GCN), Dragon Warrior III (GBC), Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (NoPrgress translation) (SFC/SNES), Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2: The Hero from the Stars and the Rancher Friends (original Japanese) (PSX), Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (English fan-translation) (PSX), Paper Mario (N64, Virtual Console version)
Planning to get: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (in the near future)
Wish list: Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

#2123 Shinryu

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

You did indeed get to pick whether you wanted to be Cobi or Tara. I only played a little bit up to the second world, since I got sick of playing in moonrunes (and the fact my PSX emulator demands I play in full-screen instead of windowed).

Since we're talking about the upcoming DQM2 remake, it's only fair that I do one of the DQM2 originals (one of the returning DQMJ2Pro monsters, no less!)

タイタニス/Titanis

Traits:

メガボディ/Mega Body/Big Hitter (all damage this monster inflicts is increased by 1.2x)

イオ系のコツ/Bangmeister (increases Bang-type effects by 15%; MP consumption of Bang-type spells is decreased by half)

マインドブレイク/Mind Break (I dunno what it does) (+50)

Feel free to comment.

Mind Break reduces enemy resistance to this monster's Inaction effects (Ex: Imposing, Scare Stare, War Cry) by two stages. A "stage" is 0.25, so monsters with normal or 0.75x resistance would become weak/1.5x (1.25 does not exist and is skipped), 0.5x becomes 1x, and 0.25x becomes 0.75x. Monsters with Immune/"Proof", Absorb/"Healed by", and Reflect are unaffected. "Mind Break" we know in English as "Crafty Inactivist."

Edited by Shinryu, 28 April 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#2124 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 728 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, mecha, Sgt. Frog, Dragon Ball, Belgian gnomes, Beauty and the Beast (both the fairy tale and the Disney version), Michael Rosen, and many more

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

タイタニス/Titanis

Traits:

マインドブレイク/Mind Break (I dunno what it does) (+50)

Feel free to comment.

Mind Break reduces enemy resistance to this monster's Inaction effects (Ex: Imposing, Scare Stare, War Cry) by two stages. A "stage" is 0.25, so monsters with normal or 0.75x resistance would become weak/1.5x (1.25 does not exist and is skipped), 0.5x becomes 1x, and 0.25x becomes 0.75x. Monsters with Immune/"Proof", Absorb/"Healed by", and Reflect are unaffected. "Mind Break" we know in English as "Crafty Inactivist."

Thanks for the info. I'll add Crafty Inactivist's description in a little bit.

Also, has anyone reviewed Titanis yet?

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo, 28 April 2013 - 07:32 PM.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
Top 100 of Super Scout (Dhuran and grandpa slime) and Scout (Dhuran, yabby, and cureslime) in DQMJ2Vanilla (during March 2012).
Favourite monsters: Slime, mottle slime, teeny sanguini, king mottle slime, liquid metal king slime, metal king death star, slime family, great dragon, dracolord, Dragonlord, Dragovian lord, Greygnarl, Zenithian dragon, genie sanguini, king teeny sanguini, mandrake marshal, overkilling machine, just about every ???-family monster (except the Incarni and Kandar).
My channel:

RPGs completed: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (2006), Pokemon Emerald (Jan. 2007), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (2007), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2007), Pokemon Sapphire (2007-8), Pokemon Silver (JP) (2007-8), Pokemon Diamond (Jan. 2008), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (2008, then 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon Platinum (2009), Fossil Fighters (Jan. 2010, then Dec. 2010 on my second playthrough), Pokemon HeartGold (Apr. 2010), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (May-Jun. 2010), Digimon World: Dawn (Aug. 2010), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Dec. 2010), Pokemon Battle Revolution (Dec. 2010-Jan. 2011) Pokemon Black (Mar.-Apr. 2011), Dragon Quest IX (Jul. 2011), Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Dec. 16, 2011), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (New Year's Day 2012), Fossil Fighters: Champions (Apr. 2012), Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (ROM) (Aug. 24, 2012), Pokemon Black 2 (DS) (Mar. 15, 2013)
RPGs on hiatus: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom (GCN), Pokemon Colosseum (GCN), Dragon Warrior III (GBC), Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (NoPrgress translation) (SFC/SNES), Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2: The Hero from the Stars and the Rancher Friends (original Japanese) (PSX), Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (English fan-translation) (PSX), Paper Mario (N64, Virtual Console version)

#2125 Shinryu

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

You didn't include his resistances, so I'll go ahead.

First, some info, to go along with Google Translate. The first word is what Google claims the Japanese scribbles turn into, and the second word is what their English translation equivalents are:

Mera = Frizz. Io = Bang. Bagi = Woosh. Gila = Sizz. Hyado = Crack. Dane = Zap. Dolma = Zam.

Flame = Fire Breath. Snowstorm = Ice Breath. Squash = Donk.

Zaki = Whack. Manusa = Dazzle. Poison = Poison (duh). Mahotora = Drain Magic. Magic Seal = Fizzle. Breath Seal = Gobstopper. Dance Seal = Ban Dance.

Confusion = Confusion. Mainto = Inaction. Paralysis = Paralysis. Sleep = Sleep. Down = Sag. Rukani = Sap. Bomie = Decelerate. Fool = Dim. Hack = Magical Sabotage.

Body Seal = Abiliterator. “Seal and Zan” = Blade Blunter

So with the above in mind, Titanis' resistances are like this:

RESISTANCES

1.5x: Zap, Fire Breath, Ice Breath, Paralysis, Dim
0.75x: Donk
0.5x: Bang, Woosh, Sizz, Crack, Zap, Zam, Whack, Poison, Decelerate
0.25x: N/A
Immune: Drain Magic, Fizzle, Confusion, Inaction, Sleep
Absorb: N/A
Reflect: N/A
Star: Frizz

If something is not listed, it means the monster has no resistance to it (normal effectiveness).
Star means NORMALLY, the monster has no resistance to it; once they get the +25 upgrade, that resistance becomes half (0.5x), and becomes Immune (0x) after the +50 upgrade.

With all that said, Titanis was improved greatly since Professional, where his only real niche was having every auto-inaction trait, and being one of the few 2-frame monsters blessed with the Megabody equivalent of Double Trouble (most of them got Tactical Trooper instead, Dimensional Dragon/Dimensaur got Megabody 2-3 times, and everyone else got Tactical Genius).

He has 440 more HP (needed due to the party limit now being four) and 35 more MP (negligible), while his other stats are the same. The biggest change is, obviously, the fact that once upgraded twice, he resists all forms of attack magic EXCEPT Zap, which he is weak to, and it is very easy to make him immune to them instead (in Pro, he resisted Crack and nothing else, but was still weak to Zap). He can be a mage, a healer, or a supporter, since even with Uber Attack Boost (+300), he's not really going to be hurting anything physically. His main downside is low Defense, but that can be raised to 1040 with just Uber Defense Boost (+600).

Edited by Shinryu, 28 April 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#2126 Riffmaster

• Savvy Seafarer

• 78 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

First, some info, to go along with Google Translate. The first word is what Google claims the Japanese scribbles turn into, and the second word is what their English translation equivalents are:

Mera = Frizz. Io = Bang. Bagi = Woosh. Gila = Sizz. Hyado = Crack. Dane = Zap. Dolma = Zam.

Flame = Fire Breath. Snowstorm = Ice Breath. Squash = Donk.

Zaki = Whack. Manusa = Dazzle. Poison = Poison (duh). Mahotora = Drain Magic. Magic Seal = Fizzle. Breath Seal = Gobstopper. Dance Seal = Ban Dance.

Confusion = Confusion. Mainto = Inaction. Paralysis = Paralysis. Sleep = Sleep. Down = Sag. Rukani = Sap. Bomie = Decelerate. Fool = Dim. Hack = Magical Sabotage.

Body Seal = Abiliterator. “Seal and Zan” = Blade Blunter

Thank you so very much for this! :)

#2127 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 728 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Let me post the stats for another DQM2 original (I mean one returning from DQMJ2Pro):

プロトキラーProtokiller/Protomech

Rank B/Size 1/Material Family

Skillset: Crack and Zap

Traits:

スタンダードボディ/Standard Body (placeholder trait)
AI 1~3回行動/Tactical Genius (attacks 1-3 times, even when directly given an order)
れんぞく(2回)/Hit Squad 2 (launches 2 attacks in succession)
亡者の執念/Tenacity of the Dead (can keep on fighting for one more turn with 0HP before dying) (+25)
ギャンブルカウンター/Gamble Counter (takes more damage, but can counterattack) (+50)

How to obtain: Hunter mech × Hunter mech (special breed), Magmalice × Notso macho (breed), Door of Gale (location)

HP: 1040

MP: 388

ATK: 777

DEF: 622

AGI: 566

WIS: 644

Feel free to comment.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
My channel:

#2128 Shinryu

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Something I've been trying to confirm and finally did, using that Japanese wiki.

One of the options for the "Ultimate Combination" is "Action times up" or something like that; what it does is grant the monster a multi-action trait, based on whether they already have one, and if so, which one they have. Until recently, I was not ENTIRELY sure exactly how it worked.

The order is: No Trait -> Tactical Trooper -> Tactical Genius -> Double Trouble -> AI2~3回行動 -> AI3回行動

I'm guessing it's ordered this way based on consistency; always acting twice is marginally better than having a CHANCE of acting 1-3 times. This is one of the reasons Zenith Dragon in Joker 2 vanilla is so bad.

It should be noted no monster has AI3回行動 normally. AI2~3回行動 is mostly reserved for Grand Slammer (3-frame) monsters with the exception of the Big Hitter (2-frame) Dimensaur/Dimensional Dragon and 1-frame Murdaw.

Choosing this option also affects the monster's stats in relation to their normal caps (non-boosted), as should be expected, but HOW it affects them varies mostly based on the monster's traits. The possible changes to a monster's stats (with examples) are:

-Unchanged (Ex: the 1-frame Jamirus' Double Trouble becomes AI2~3回行動)

-Slightly increased (Ex: the 2-frame Grizzly gets Tactical Trooper, and its stats all increase by about 3-6%)

-Slightly decreased (Ex: the 3-frame Xiphos' AI2~3回行動 becomes AI3回行動)

The trends I've noticed:

-A monster WITHOUT a multi-action trait will usually get a slight increase to their stat caps.

-A monster with Tactical Trooper (either by default or through the rank-up system, like the Slime) will usually get a slight increase to their stat caps.

-A monster with Tactical Genius will usually get no change to their stats.

-A monster with Double Trouble will usually get no change to their stats.

-A monster with AI2~3回行動 will usually get a slight decrease to their stat caps.

The reason I said "usually" is because while I haven't found any exceptions to the above rules, they may exist.

Edited by Shinryu, 05 May 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#2129 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,710 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, Star Trek, Marvel, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, One Republic
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Country:Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

So any monster that has AI2~3回行動 can become AI3回行動 with only a small decrease in stats? Lemme try some math here. The monster in question will have 100 Attack(a nice round number). It has the potential to do 100 per hit(not accurate, I know), meaning it can do 200-300 per turn with AI2~3回行動. I'll say that the monster will lose 4% of the Attack stat when it gains AI3回行動. It now does 96 per hit, doing 288 per turn. Now, I know these number aren't accurate and I didn't factor in everything, but it would seem that AI3回行動 would certainly be worth losing some stats over(at least in attack).

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

I Direct Your Attention to this Blog

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/nice-meet-you-kupo

Follow me as I speed-run Persona 3 FES on Hard Mode

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30272

#2130 wecondo12

• Avid Alchemist

• 127 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

<p>im psyched for this game to come. lets hope japan doesnt pull a dqmj2 pro on us. anyway, i was looking over zenth dragons stats and they are MUCH higher. i guess i know why i see a ton of terrys wonderland people using him, im just wondering about the perfect giant to team with my fluffy. does your monsters stats change when theyre transfered?

zenth dragons stats compared to joker 2 vanilla

hp-2635(295 point increase)
mp 410(-20, not important)
att 750(140 point increase)
def 800 (30 point increase)
agility 600 (unchanged)
wisdom 800 (220 point increase)

so hes WAAAY better in TW3D than vanilla. especially since you can change his tactical genius into double trouble. (this is why i synthed him in vanilla over keeping nokturnus, he needs munchie, two dragovians and xenlon in TW3D)

Edited by wecondo12, 06 May 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#2131 Shinryu

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

So any monster that has AI2~3回行動 can become AI3回行動 with only a small decrease in stats? Lemme try some math here. The monster in question will have 100 Attack(a nice round number). It has the potential to do 100 per hit(not accurate, I know), meaning it can do 200-300 per turn with AI2~3回行動. I'll say that the monster will lose 4% of the Attack stat when it gains AI3回行動. It now does 96 per hit, doing 288 per turn. Now, I know these number aren't accurate and I didn't factor in everything, but it would seem that AI3回行動 would certainly be worth losing some stats over(at least in attack).

Like I said, the only monsters that can get AI3回行動 are a number of 3-frame/Grand Slammer monsters, Dimensional Dragon (2-frame/Big Hitter), and Murdaw (once he gets AI2~3回行動 from his +50 upgrade). Murdaw is worth nothing, not just because he's the only 1-frame monster with this distinction, but also because once he gets the +50 upgrade, his overall starts are actually WORSE than Trode's, and they only get even worse if you want AI3回行動. This doesn't prevent him from using breath attacks or abilities like Lightning Storm (which works off the user's level for damage calc.), but he'll only have 390 MP max (if you choose an ultimate combination option that boosts stat caps), and almost every skill is more expensive in this game.

#2132 Riffmaster

• Savvy Seafarer

• 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi Shinryu, hope you can answer some questions for me.

1. Do you happen to know the requirements for the Ultimate Combinations?

2. Do you know other "ultimate traits" aside from Action Times Up and Ultra Hard Metal Body and their respective descriptions?

3. What will happen to monsters with AI1~3回行動 if you upgrade it via Ultimate Combination? Will it be upgrade to AI2~3回行動? Like #609 Demon God of War Zemerugiasu.

Thanks! :)

#2133 Chanticleer Hegemony

• Head Hunter

• 728 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

2. Do you know other "ultimate traits" aside from Action Times Up and Ultra Hard Metal Body and their respective descriptions?

3. What will happen to monsters with AI1~3回行動 if you upgrade it via Ultimate Combination? Will it be upgrade to AI2~3回行動? Like #609 Demon God of War Zemerugiasu.

I'll answer this in place of Shinryu.

1. Breed any monster of the same family (or is it of the same species?) whose combined breeding level just happens to be +99.

2. He's already explained it here: http://www.woodus.co...56

3. Tactical Genius monsters will be upgraded to Double Trouble instead.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo, 10 May 2013 - 01:59 PM.

dd_bar_021.png

ZTyrant.png
My channel:

#2134 Shinryu

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

A METRIC CRAPTON OF INFORMATION DRAWS NEAR!

My computer can't find its own harddrive (and my dad can't come help me until most likely Monday), so I don't have access to the wiki atm unless someone wants to link it. I did try to find it through google, and instead I got a site similar to one I used as an information resource for Joker 2 Professional.

For your first question:

"The ultimate combination, is a special blend made possible after seeing the ending of the story of Wonderland 3D Terry, 

Blending the monsters of the same race is the first condition, 
It becomes the ultimate formulation when the positive value of the monster exceeds 100 besides, 
"Special children candidate" appears in children candidate. 

Rank of monster was born in ultimate combination becomes SS, 
Plus value is in ★ mark."

That's from Google Translate. Judging by the Engrish, the "ultimate combination" cannot be performed until you defeat Milly(new En.)/Milayou(old En.) at the Starry Night Tournament, or until you defeat the true final boss of the new postgame content, Demon God of War Zemerugiasu/魔戦神ゼメルギアス (it doesn't say which, but I'm guessing the former since it shows you the ending first).

After the option is unlocked, there are a number of conditions for the process to work: First, you need two of the same monster, and must synth/breed them together. Second, the positive value (that small number that shows up next to a monster's level, like +6) for the resulting monster must be equal to or exceed 100. If both of these conditions are met, a special version of the monster you're synthesizing two of together will be listed in the possible results box, like the X/Xy system in Joker 2.

For your second question:

"Monster born in ultimate formulation, 
- "Number of actions up" 
· "Metal Body" 
· "Behavior order up" 
· "Resistant up" 
- "Break-up" 
It has a feature that can be learned to choose one from among characteristics such as. 
If you select the characteristics that have already, its characteristics are further enhanced."

The options are, in order, and going by the Engrish as well as what I know for a fact:

-Increase the number of times a monster can act per turn. How it works I already explained two posts ago

-Grant the monster the trait Light Metal Body, as well as increase all stat caps except for HP, which is halved instead

-Grant the monster the trait Early Bird, as well as increase all stat caps

-Grant a one-stage boost (+0.25) to all of the monster's resistances, as well as increase their stat caps. The exception is if a monster is Vulnerable to something (1.5x), in which case it becomes neutral instead (1x), as there is no 1.25x tier for resistance

-Grants the monster the Crafty Devil trait, which is the signature trait of Leonyx (other monsters have it, but it's clear he's the most notable), and increases the monster's stat caps

If a monster ALREADY HAS one of the above traits, it will be enhanced; these can result in traits that no monster has normally, such as the aforementioned AI3回行動.

For your third question, AI1~3回行動 is Tactical Genius, so it becomes Double Trouble.

How all the changes in tandem with already-existent traits work is as follows:

Action times up: Again, how it works I explained two posts ago.

Metal Body: Nothing -> Light Metal Body (all damage taken is halved; MP consumption increased 1.5x) -> Metal Body (all damage taken is reduced to 1/3; MP consumption increased 2x) -> Hard Metal Body (all damage taken is reduced to 1/4; MP consumption increased 2.5x) -> Ultra-Hard Metal Body (all damage taken is reduced to 1/5; MP consumption increased 3x) The only monster with Hard Metal Body normally is Diamond Slime, and no monster has Ultra-Hard Metal Body normally. If a monster has Light Metal Body normally and this option is chosen, their HP is halved again. If a monster has Metal Body or higher normally, their HP is only SLIGHTLY reduced.

Behavior order up: Nothing -> Early Bird (the monster has priority on all its actions, making it act first. If multiple monsters have this trait, or another monster uses a skill with equal priority, the monster with the most Agility will act first. Reduces resistance to Poison, Confusion, Inaction, Paralysis, and Sleep two stages (-0.5)) -> Ultra-Fast Action. I can't remember if it reduces resistances further, or if it's the same decrease. If a monster has Small Body (priority on all actions, plus increased evasion rate), it will become Ultra-Fast Action as well. Supposedly there are one or two even stronger versions, but no monster has Ultra-Fast Action normally.

Resistances up: Vulnerable (1.5x) -> Normal (1x) -> Mitigation (0.75x) -> Halve (0.5x) -> Quarter (0.25x) -> Immune (0x) -> Healed (-1). Absorption and reflection are not affected, and it is impossible to get reflection this way. I should note that the change affects ALL resistances, even the ones that aren't damage skills like Frizz or Bang, such as Poison or Paralysis; I don't know what happens for skills or effects that don't actually do damage, like War Cry or Burning Breath.

All Guard Break: Nothing -> Crafty Devil (enemy resistance to all of this monster's attacks, spells, abilities, and effects is reduced by one stage (-0.25). Immunity, absorption, and reflection are unaffected. Increases MP consumption 1.5x). There's supposedly an upgrade for monsters that already get Crafty Devil, but I haven't seen it. Going by the other options' trends, it most likely reduces resistances two stages (-0.5) and increases MP consumption 2x.

Edited by Shinryu, 10 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#2135 wecondo12

• Avid Alchemist

• 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

make two zenths then synth them together with +99? thats ridiculus. i couldnt possibly do that much work for double trouble.

#2136 Holy Slime Knight

• Sword Slinger

• 497 posts
  • Tag State:France

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

@ Shinryuu : Do you know if Behavior order up affects Last Word user ? I think there are also skills that randomly change the order (SuperTensk have one of them). Do these skills have an effects on him.

@wecondo12 : Maybe someine can confirm this, but I'm nearly sure it usesz DQMJ2Pro system of psitive value, that is both monster positive value +1 (so if you have a monster with +3 and another with +2, the results will have +(2+3+1)= +6).

So if you make two Zenith Dragons, their total will most certainly be over 99. 

Here is a Fobby facing a Slime. Who would win ?
Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm now a great Slime fan, but when I started DWM I didnt' know anything about them.
Terry's Wonderland and DQ VI were my first DQ games.
Slime Knight and Angel Slimes are my favorite Slimes. I would like Angel Slime Knight and Angel Slime King/Queen to be added.
Currently replaying DQIX.

#2137 wecondo12

• Avid Alchemist

• 127 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

well my first one is +43 right now. but making zenth dragon was a pain. i would have been even more painful if i didnt synth orgodemir with darkonium to get uber hp on it. and my brothers stiff on tagging too, and making him in terrys wonderland(i think) requires two dragovians, munchie, and something else. it would be +87 anyway. 

#2138 Jay the Hawkhart Ace

• Monster Masher

• 806 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2623-7540-8546
  • Interests:Foxes, Magic.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

well my first one is +43 right now. but making zenth dragon was a pain. i would have been even more painful if i didnt synth orgodemir with darkonium to get uber hp on it. and my brothers stiff on tagging too, and making him in terrys wonderland(i think) requires two dragovians, munchie, and something else. it would be +87 anyway. 

You should remember about the bonus dungeon in Terry's Wonderland 3d, where you can find any monster you had. So theoretically, you can scout monsters high into the Zenith Dragon synth chain or even Zenith Dragon itself.

Jay.png

J.gifA.gifY.gif

#2139 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,710 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, Star Trek, Marvel, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, One Republic
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Country:Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

And then after you synth or scout it, you can repeat this with a Phoenix Staff until you get the Zenith Dragon of your liking. I have already planned to make some strong monsters by synthing one and then scouting it over and over until it hit +99

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

I Direct Your Attention to this Blog

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/nice-meet-you-kupo

Follow me as I speed-run Persona 3 FES on Hard Mode

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30272

#2140 wecondo12

• Avid Alchemist

• 127 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

bonus dungeon? i guess ill resynth zenth and scout em when hes weak. then make him to my liking. i also have a +40 barbarus, and the potential to make greynarl or great godbird for the second game(although emphrea is s rank) how about that 3 headed dragon king? he looks like this 566.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users