Terry’s Wonderland 3D

terry wonderland dragon quest monsters 6

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#221 DJ BlackJack

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,081 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2795-3635-4895
  • Interests:DQ, weightlifting, DJing, partying here and there, school, electronics/hardware, getting inked (tattooed), Pokemon, Street Fighter, Tekken, Kid Icarus Mario, Zelda and best of all, Metroid
  • Tag City:Phoenix
  • Tag State:AZ
  • Tag Zip:85282
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

That would be the King Hydra that kills Ortega.

thats right.......thnx

King Hydra should be much more badass than orochi in this game.
I Play the evil villians in RingMan's RP. most notably My favorite character Nokturnus vvvv
Posted Image
Games to look forward to

SSB 4 (TBA)
DQM TW3D (TBA)
Pokemon B/W 2 (TBA)
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3d (TBA)
Legend of Zelda (3ds/Wii U)(TBA)

Posted ImageGames currently working onPosted Image

Kid Icarus Uprising (beat Hades on 8.0 intensity)
DQM Joker 2 (350+ hours between 2 copies)
Mario Kart 7 (8000 VR Points Wifi)

#222 Plattym3

• Heralded Hero

• 11,758 posts
  • Tag City:Orlando
  • Tag State:Florida

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

I looks like you might have a boy/girl choice here. http://www.dragonque...y3ds/character/ I'm not sure though. The boy is the one seen in all the game play shots and the girl I only see in a promo art shot.

Pretty sure that's Milly. They look similar enough. I doubt we'll really be able to play as Milly, but if so, I'm awfully curious to see how that will be implemented.

Actually, that would be quite easy. I just finished off DWM the other day for the 2nd-3rd-4th??? time. All you'd have to do is have some of the dialogue switched to show that it was Milly who got brought to GreatTree and Terry was missing and now you have to go on quest to find your brother. Heck they could search & replace the text to fix that real easy.

Heck, I just took the Den's info on DWM & changed it for you. 2 mins, tops:

Our hero, Milly, sets out on the road to adventure to become the most powerful Monster Master by fighting the monsters she meets, taming them and then raising them. Continue Milly's quest and aim to have the monster that no one can beat.
You're cast as Milly of Dragon Quest VI fame, who journeys into a magical world located inside her dresser drawer; her brother has been spirited there by a demon. Once she arrives inside, Milly is given a series of missions that all involve venturing down into monster-infested dungeons to complete various quests. Many of these missions are homage's to those of Dragon Quests -- remember defeating a golem guarding a gate or finding a Healer at the bottom of a well? She is found by an old man who guides her to the kings castle where he is told to recruit a slime.
The monsters Milly encounters aren't all opposed to her, however. Once defeated, many of her former foes offer a helping hand; up to three such monsters can join your party at once (Milly himself does no fighting). Your only parental obligation is to search out food in the dungeons and keep your monsters well fed; starving monsters don't make the strongest traveling companions :)

As Milly completes more quests and explores more of her wonderland, the central town opens up more and more: previously off-limits areas become accessible, and new buildings are constructed. Some of the more unusual facilities include a coliseum where you can enter your monsters into the obligatory fighting tournaments (necessary before certain quests can be undertaken), and breeding ground where two monsters of the same class can be mated together to produce an offspring with the powers of both parents.

Games in progress: Hunter Island, Band of Monsters

Games in (permanent?) hiatus: Golden Sun 3, Nostalgia, Blue Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
Wish List: All those DQ games that have been released in Japan in the past few years but not here.
RPGs completed: FFI & DWI - IV back in the early 90s, 7th Saga late-90s, FFVI 1999 (my first ROM), DQV 2/1/03 as the whole Columbia disaster unfolded that morning, DWVII 8/03, Torneko: The Last Hope 10/03, Pokemon Trading Card Game 12/03, DWM 1/04, DWIII for GBC 2/04, DWM2 Cobi 2/04, Star Ocean 2nd Story 4/04, DWI for GBC 4/04, Torneco no Daibouken 6/04, Phantasy Star 1 7/04, DQVI 7/04, Chrono Cross 9/04 (during hurricance Frances), Grandia 10/04, Chrono Trigger 10/04, Pokemon Leaf Green 11/04, Breath of Fire 12/04, Grandia II 1/05, Grandia Xtreme 2/05, Dark Cloud 2/05, LOTR: 3rd Age GBA 3/05, LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 3/05, Golden Sun 4/05, Dark Cloud II 5/05, Star Ocean 3: Til The End of Time 6/05, DWII for GBC 6/05, FFX 6/05, Golden Sun: The Lost Age 7/05, Destiny of an Emperor 9/05, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom 10/05, Kingdom Hearts 11/05, DQVIII 12/05, FFI (GBA) 2/06, Grandia III 4/06, GBA FF2 4/06, Kingdom Hearts 2 5/06, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (full Pokedex - 200) 6/06, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 6/06, Pokemon Crystal 7/06, DWM2 all 312 monsters 7/06, Lufia II 8/06, Pokemon FireRed (150 Kanto Pokedex) 9/06, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team 9/06, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 10/06, FFIII DS 12/06, Pokemon Ranger 12/06, DQM: Joker (J) 2/07, Slime Morimori 2/07, FFV GBA 2/07, FFIV GBA 2/07, Pokemon Diamond 5/07, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 5/07, Children of Mana 6/07, Rogue Galaxy 6/07, Itadaki Street DS 7/07, Etrian Odyssey 7/07, Joker (US) 11/07, DQIV DS (J) 12/07, FFXII 12/07, Rune Factory 1/08, DQ Swords 2/08, Magical Starsign 3/08, DQM: Caravan Heart 4/08, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness 5/08, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 7/08, DQV (J) 7/08, Digimon World DS 8/08, Legend of Dragoon 8/08, DQIV DS (US) 10/08, Rhapsody DS 10/08, DQV DS 11/08, DQVI DS 7/11, DQIX 10/11, DQM: Joker 2 11/11, Puzzle Quest 2 12/11, Rune Factory 3 2/12, Gailardria I 5/12, Pokemon White 6/12, Rune Factory 2 5/13, Etrian Odyssey III 6/13, Etrian Odyssey IV 8/13, Pokemon X 11/13, Rune Factory 4 1/14, Pokemon Black 2 5/14, DQVIII-mobile 6/14, DQIV-mobile 8/14, DQI-mobile 9/14

#223 Daylnn

• Dungeon Dweller

• 43 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0003-7364-2970

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Our hero, Milly, sets out on the road to adventure to become the most powerful Monster Master by fighting the monsters she meets, taming them and then raising them. Continue Milly's quest and aim to have the monster that no one can beat.
You're cast as Milly of Dragon Quest VI fame, who journeys into a magical world located inside her dresser drawer; her brother has been spirited there by a demon. Once she arrives inside, Milly is given a series of missions that all involve venturing down into monster-infested dungeons to complete various quests. Many of these missions are homage's to those of Dragon Quests -- remember defeating a golem guarding a gate or finding a Healer at the bottom of a well? She is found by an old man who guides her to the kings castle where he is told to recruit a slime.
The monsters Milly encounters aren't all opposed to her, however. Once defeated, many of her former foes offer a helping hand; up to three such monsters can join your party at once (Milly herself does no fighting). Your only parental obligation is to search out food in the dungeons and keep your monsters well fed; starving monsters don't make the strongest traveling companions :)
As Milly completes more quests and explores more of her wonderland, the central town opens up more and more: previously off-limits areas become accessible, and new buildings are constructed. Some of the more unusual facilities include a coliseum where you can enter your monsters into the obligatory fighting tournaments (necessary before certain quests can be undertaken), and breeding ground where two monsters of the same class can be mated together to produce an offspring with the powers of both parents.

Fixed. =P Also, that does sound pretty cool, actually.

#224 Plattym3

• Heralded Hero

• 11,758 posts
  • Tag City:Orlando
  • Tag State:Florida

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

Damn, I read that three times & still missed it. Haha, thanks! :thumbsup:

Games in progress: Hunter Island, Band of Monsters

Games in (permanent?) hiatus: Golden Sun 3, Nostalgia, Blue Dragon, Shin Megami Tensei IV
Wish List: All those DQ games that have been released in Japan in the past few years but not here.
RPGs completed: FFI & DWI - IV back in the early 90s, 7th Saga late-90s, FFVI 1999 (my first ROM), DQV 2/1/03 as the whole Columbia disaster unfolded that morning, DWVII 8/03, Torneko: The Last Hope 10/03, Pokemon Trading Card Game 12/03, DWM 1/04, DWIII for GBC 2/04, DWM2 Cobi 2/04, Star Ocean 2nd Story 4/04, DWI for GBC 4/04, Torneco no Daibouken 6/04, Phantasy Star 1 7/04, DQVI 7/04, Chrono Cross 9/04 (during hurricance Frances), Grandia 10/04, Chrono Trigger 10/04, Pokemon Leaf Green 11/04, Breath of Fire 12/04, Grandia II 1/05, Grandia Xtreme 2/05, Dark Cloud 2/05, LOTR: 3rd Age GBA 3/05, LOTR: The 3rd Age PS2 3/05, Golden Sun 4/05, Dark Cloud II 5/05, Star Ocean 3: Til The End of Time 6/05, DWII for GBC 6/05, FFX 6/05, Golden Sun: The Lost Age 7/05, Destiny of an Emperor 9/05, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom 10/05, Kingdom Hearts 11/05, DQVIII 12/05, FFI (GBA) 2/06, Grandia III 4/06, GBA FF2 4/06, Kingdom Hearts 2 5/06, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (full Pokedex - 200) 6/06, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 6/06, Pokemon Crystal 7/06, DWM2 all 312 monsters 7/06, Lufia II 8/06, Pokemon FireRed (150 Kanto Pokedex) 9/06, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team 9/06, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 10/06, FFIII DS 12/06, Pokemon Ranger 12/06, DQM: Joker (J) 2/07, Slime Morimori 2/07, FFV GBA 2/07, FFIV GBA 2/07, Pokemon Diamond 5/07, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 5/07, Children of Mana 6/07, Rogue Galaxy 6/07, Itadaki Street DS 7/07, Etrian Odyssey 7/07, Joker (US) 11/07, DQIV DS (J) 12/07, FFXII 12/07, Rune Factory 1/08, DQ Swords 2/08, Magical Starsign 3/08, DQM: Caravan Heart 4/08, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness 5/08, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 7/08, DQV (J) 7/08, Digimon World DS 8/08, Legend of Dragoon 8/08, DQIV DS (US) 10/08, Rhapsody DS 10/08, DQV DS 11/08, DQVI DS 7/11, DQIX 10/11, DQM: Joker 2 11/11, Puzzle Quest 2 12/11, Rune Factory 3 2/12, Gailardria I 5/12, Pokemon White 6/12, Rune Factory 2 5/13, Etrian Odyssey III 6/13, Etrian Odyssey IV 8/13, Pokemon X 11/13, Rune Factory 4 1/14, Pokemon Black 2 5/14, DQVIII-mobile 6/14, DQIV-mobile 8/14, DQI-mobile 9/14

#225 Daylnn

• Dungeon Dweller

• 43 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0003-7364-2970

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

No problem. It would definitely be simple to implement Milly into Terry's Wonderland in his place. It might be odd-although, I can think of a scene or two that would be hilarious from Milly's perspective, like trying to pick up the Princess...in vain! I had never played the first Dragon Quest before that game, so I assumed that the Princess was the daughter of the King and Queen. XD I always felt bad that I could never carry her home.

Edited by Daylnn, 22 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#226 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1163-2955-0100

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well, I thought of it after considering the way it worked in DWM2. In the Cobi Version, Tara stays home and Cobi goes off to hunt monsters and do quests for the tree spirit. In the Tara version the opposite happens.

Also in the pics, the two characters are dressed similarly. Both of them are wearing something that looks like a satchel. It's the semi-generic hero look that Toriyama loves to use.

Oh yeah I looked it up. The girl is definately Milayou. This is Milayou in Katakana: ミレーユ It's identical to the name in the promo pic. Also Milayou is wearing a satchel very similar to the one she has in the concept art for DQ6.
Why yes, I do play Star Trek Online.
If you like 4x games go here: FreeOrion
DWM2 Rules!!!
View the Dragon Lord's Minions
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#227 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,588 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, Star Trek, Marvel, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, One Republic
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Country:Canada

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Dracky, in the day?

No the one where you see the Green Dragon's head imagine that in 3D.

No, I mean "Why is the Dracky out in the daytime?"

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

I Direct Your Attention to this Blog

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/nice-meet-you-kupo

Follow me as I speed-run Persona 3 FES on Hard Mode

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30272

#228 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Drackys aren't nocturnal in all of the games.
DWM2 Rules!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#229 ethanej

• Sword Slinger

• 358 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1721-5975-7443
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, building computers, et cetera
  • Tag City:Sandy Lake
  • Tag State:PA
  • Tag Zip:16145

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Here's a trailer for the game

Looks pretty good makes me wish I had the money to buy a 3DS and this game if it ever gets localized.

#230 DJ BlackJack

• Rhone Ranger

• 2,081 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2795-3635-4895
  • Interests:DQ, weightlifting, DJing, partying here and there, school, electronics/hardware, getting inked (tattooed), Pokemon, Street Fighter, Tekken, Kid Icarus Mario, Zelda and best of all, Metroid
  • Tag City:Phoenix
  • Tag State:AZ
  • Tag Zip:85282

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

nice find ethan!!! i hope this gets localized as well. theyd be nuts not to
I Play the evil villians in RingMan's RP. most notably My favorite character Nokturnus vvvv
Posted Image
Games to look forward to

SSB 4 (TBA)
DQM TW3D (TBA)
Pokemon B/W 2 (TBA)
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3d (TBA)
Legend of Zelda (3ds/Wii U)(TBA)

Posted ImageGames currently working onPosted Image

Kid Icarus Uprising (beat Hades on 8.0 intensity)
DQM Joker 2 (350+ hours between 2 copies)
Mario Kart 7 (8000 VR Points Wifi)

#231 ethanej

• Sword Slinger

• 358 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1721-5975-7443
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, building computers, et cetera
  • Tag City:Sandy Lake
  • Tag State:PA
  • Tag Zip:16145

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Just got done reading a bit of interesting info from Nintendo about DLC. I wonder if SE will be releasing DLC after this game has launched seeing as how both the wii u and 3DS are both going to be able to handle it.

i hope this gets localized as well. theyd be nuts not to

Yeah they would be, though I have the feeling Nintendo will be the one to localize it. Though time will tell if and when we will be getting the game and who will be localizing it.

#232 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Wow, I remember that music!!!
DWM2 Rules!!!

#233 Democrobot

• Contest Mods
  • Grandmaster of Gotha

• 3,588 posts
  • Interests:Glee, Glee music, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, older sitcoms, pranks, bad puns, The Hunger Games Series, Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings, The Dark Side, animals, cookies, chocolate bars, donuts, Star Trek, Marvel, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, One Republic
  • Tag City:Camrose
  • Tag Country:Canada

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Anybody know if there will be XY monsters in this game?

dd_bar_032.png

May the odds be ever in your favor!

LINK DIRECTORY

I Direct Your Attention to this Blog

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/nice-meet-you-kupo

Follow me as I speed-run Persona 3 FES on Hard Mode

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30272

#234 Varin

• Monster Masher

• 775 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

We don't know yet.

I like how they've added the original intro to the battle theme.

#235 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,173 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

The same music again?!

Posted Image

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#236 Aphelion

• Dungeon Dweller

• 37 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Internet, TV, reading
  • Tag City:Los Angeles
  • Tag State:California
  • Tag Zip:91331

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I wonder if Swordgon / Nardragon is going to be larger for this game. I thought it was surprising that that enemy was so tiny in Joker.

#237 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

what? It's not like it sucked the first time. :P
DWM2 Rules!!!

#238 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

probably not. I suspect they decided it wasn't big enough, but then.... Green dragon is...
DWM2 Rules!!!

#239 Emptystar

• Sword Slinger

• 295 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

I will personally go down to NOA headquarters and throw my 3DS, and all other Nintendo-related products, at Reggie Fils-Aime if this doesn't get translated.

Edited by Emptystar, 29 February 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#240 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,779 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

We've got a Japanese release date: May 31, 2012. Along with that, they are releasing a limited edition slime-themed 3DS.

Here's the siliconera article where this was announced.

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.pngDQMW_hdpi.pngfoot_dq1.pngfoot_dq2.pngfoot_dq3.pngicon.png

Jessica_sig.pngTrauminate_IMG-5.gifPuffPuffGirl_sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users