• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3525-7907-9470
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

now that the wi-fi options have been expanded further then just entering a tournament. Do you thin a this game will boom with a "metagame" not that I enjoy that word....or pokemon's metagame. But how many of you guys would participate in such a thing? if I either become insane and level enough monsters to lvl 99 I certainly will, or maybe could set another level to make participating in this metagame not a full chore. Well either way I need to know how many people would actually consider participating.

#2 Warez

• Sword Slinger

• 495 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:0819-6200-7537
  • Interests:Dragon Quest Monsters(!!!) Dragon Quest (!!) Any decent RPG (!)

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

The DQMJ2 Metagame is kind of the whole point of playing it for me. If its DQM i always want to have the strongest possible team
but the aftergame bosses and content is far to easy to break any sweat with an ultimate team. WiFi in any form becomes the most
important part since there are other strong teams there. Hopefully it will be better executed than in DQMJ1 always playing
against the top 5 cheaters.

#3 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

Well I meant on this board...but ok, but yeah. I hope the tourney aspect is better.

#4 Mortamor7

• Avid Alchemist

• 158 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:2408-8157-7993
  • Interests:Dragon quest, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, pokèmon, yugioh, my wii, my 3ds, finding glitches in games, this site, anime

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:45 AM

i hope it will have 1 on 1 battles like pokemon because the wifi on dqmj sucked... being placed against a hacked team isn't my idea of fun...
My fc's:
ACWW (animal crossing wild world) 0346-3582-8037

pokemon white : 4470-0574-1813

mario kart ds: 5199-7970-9012

#5 Warez

• Sword Slinger

• 495 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

i hope it will have 1 on 1 battles like pokemon because the wifi on dqmj sucked... being placed against a hacked team isn't my idea of fun...

Well the fighting system in Japan is quite good.
You play real time against real opponent with the possibility of giving orders. Also you play against
enemys of your rank area and beating them will allow you to get higher thus bringing stronger opponents.

On the other hand the japanese DQMJ1 system was largely the same and it was simply $#!&ed up by the american/european
server which was closed for japanese people due to different gamechanges during translation.

I just hope they simply use the japanese system this time >.>

#6 Spikan

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,951 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4255-6430-7375
  • Interests:Drawing, Gaming, Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, Anime, Drawing, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Skies of Arcadia, RPG Maker VX, Dragon Ball series
  • Tag City:Hillsborough
  • Tag State:North Carolina
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

I dunno about the top 5 cheaters. I think the best player's name was Jessica? She didn't have any cheated monsters like 3 Dragovian Lords and she just dominated everything.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Warez

• Sword Slinger

• 495 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

I dunno about the top 5 cheaters. I think the best player's name was Jessica? She didn't have any cheated monsters like 3 Dragovian Lords and she just dominated everything.

If i remember correctly the first one (at least later on) was a team made of three rank f which had all stats at 999 ... so yes pretty cheaty.
Never heard of jessica. But there also where guys with three incarni or stuff like that however most of the cheaters were simple "all stats max"
guys. You could still own them though what I did. It was more annoying to always battle the same 5 people than battling cheaters. If they want to
push three buttons instead of creating their perfect monsters in hours of hard work that's their deal.... i liked that.

#8 Mortamor7

• Avid Alchemist

• 158 posts
  • Interests:Dragon quest, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, pokèmon, yugioh, my wii, my 3ds, finding glitches in games, this site, anime

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

If i remember correctly the first one (at least later on) was a team made of three rank f which had all stats at 999 ... so yes pretty cheaty.

yeah i remember that team, i just couldn't understand how rank f monsters could be so strong.

i have to admit, i did get far up the leaderboard (mainly because the battles are downloaded, i just used infinte hp and i began winning a lot)

but we people the EU versions if the game have only i minor amount of AR codes compared to US versions. i saw on one site there were skillset modifiers, level modifiers, monster modifiers. you name it and its most likely there

the only time i kinda cheated was i was just quickening the leveling process and i think it glitched my gem slime and gave it all 999 stats
but apart from that my monsters have had lots of hard work put into them
My fc's:

#9 Terry's Apprentice

• Slime Slayer

• 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Sadly the battle style of japan was never released to us therefore I likewise will have to agree that i hope the battle system is better... I would also like to take this chance to point out that I am able to do wifi on the older games, and any questions of how should be answered in the chat.

#10 Warez

• Sword Slinger

• 495 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

yeah i remember that team, i just couldn't understand how rank f monsters could be so strong.

i have to admit, i did get far up the leaderboard (mainly because the battles are downloaded, i just used infinte hp and i began winning a lot)

but we people the EU versions if the game have only i minor amount of AR codes compared to US versions. i saw on one site there were skillset modifiers, level modifiers, monster modifiers. you name it and its most likely there

the only time i kinda cheated was i was just quickening the leveling process and i think it glitched my gem slime and gave it all 999 stats
but apart from that my monsters have had lots of hard work put into them

Well actually i kind of disliked the fact how all monmsters could become incredibly powerful even a normal slime had it max stats near 900 only the better traits made rank X monsters stronger. I also had a (non cheated) team of rank f monsters that were able to beat the crap out of wifi but the ones on wifi were clearly cheated for they exceeded that maximum stats.

Gem slime actually has 999 everywhere except HP normally that's why it was far to strong and was nerfed to a two size monster in DQMJ2. In DQMJ1 a team of Gem Slime, Drakonium Slime and Metal King slime (which i also had) was nearly invulnerable.

But to finally answer the OP's real question: I would be very interested in a healthy community of battling and we should
memorize that idea and maybe make tournaments or so.

#11 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,395 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

But to finally answer the OP's real question: I would be very interested in a healthy community of battling and we should

Yes, but no cheaters. Not even the "but I just cheated a little to get this or that" kind.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#12 Spikan

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,951 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4255-6430-7375
  • Interests:Drawing, Gaming, Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, Anime, Drawing, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Skies of Arcadia, RPG Maker VX, Dragon Ball series
  • Tag City:Hillsborough
  • Tag State:North Carolina
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Yes, but no cheaters. Not even the "but I just cheated a little to get this or that" kind.

I'm that kinda cheater, but I don't bring that crap to Wi-Fi, that ruins everyone across the world's fun.
I think cheats are fun sometimes but not at the cost of everyone else's fun.

Also what was on the rank F team? I had a team that was all rank F and had maxed their stat caps but I did fairly poor on wi-fi.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 SOuimet

• Sword Slinger

• 262 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3096-0435-6280

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

It will be a bit harder to cheat tournaments, unlike DQMJ.

In my "offline" game of DQMJ, I was able to give any monster (regular slime or dracky or whatever) max stats + metal body + First strike + psycho + double trouble + weapon master + HP/MP recovery (with skills) + Miracle mace + resistance: recovery out of every damage spell, immune to others. Once it was done, I was able to play with it without A/R, memory hacks or game modification.

It didn't serve any purpose and destroyed the fun in the game but I was still able to do so. I never went online with broken monsters but it would have been kinda easy to do so.

Technically, traits, skillsets, skills, resistances, stats and weapon were all modifiable, persistant and individual in DQMJ.
In DQMJ2/DQMJ2P only skillsets, stats and weapons are modifiable / persistant. (it's still a lot, but more manageable).

In DQMJ2/DQMJ2P, in order to do what I could in DQMJ, I would need to alter the game itself (direct rom altering, I don't think that A/R is actually doable to enable what I did with DQMJ), and changes cannot be saved.

Traits by themselves balance a lot of the game. Size 2 and 3 also balance a lot.
Strong skills or traits are often included with negative traits.

I don't know if there are some cheat detection mecanism, but the game is a bit more careful in what can be cheated and what cannot.
So if Squenix played it's card, it would be possible to prevent a bit more cheats.
Now, it will depend on what they actually did to prevent it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Hexios

• Avid Alchemist

• 181 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1850-4443-9852
  • Interests:Dragon quest+DQM
    violin
    legos
    other video games

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

id be interested in something like this (no cheats YAY) and not so much random people with all the same teams! :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2: :overjoyed2:
If you have a facebook account and want an U.S (Or Eu if it applies) release of DragonQuest Monsters Joker 2 Pro
like this group

If you want to battle me in Dqmj2 just PM me. (ill find a time we may battle)

TONDA GOSSA!!!!

Forze del Oscurita
Excalipurr FTW
Posted Image

#15 Warez

• Sword Slinger

• 495 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

I'm that kinda cheater, but I don't bring that crap to Wi-Fi, that ruins everyone across the world's fun.
I think cheats are fun sometimes but not at the cost of everyone else's fun.

Also what was on the rank F team? I had a team that was all rank F and had maxed their stat caps but I did fairly poor on wi-fi.

Yeah if we do such a thing cheaters will abolutely not be allowed. They can destroy their own fun but stay the hell away from
mine ,) . And in this game cheating will be even more an answer of many since the synthesis of many rare monsters is
much more difficult than in J1.

I don't have my copy of DQMJ1 here now but i am quite sure the team of rank f was a kommodo, a slime and a mole.
They all had uberhealer, statusinfflicting attacks and + life. They were ... the legal clones of the cheated rank first^^
Since their max stats were also near 999 (more or less...more less) i could win if i had more luck with the status (which was
far to strong in DQMJ1 anyway).

In normal mode i won against the cheater team with a double trouble team (Zoma, Orgodem, Nimzo) they were unstoppable but weak against status and the Slime team (Gem Slime, Darkonium Slime, Metal King Slime) that team learned to make me hate crits.

Any ideas how to start this whole competition thing and when? Right after release there will be a worldwide tournament i heard?

#16 Mortamor7

• Avid Alchemist

• 158 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, i agree. even though i have Action Replay, i dont really use it any more... I just see hacks as kinda pointless since there is no hard work involved. its just a few taps of a button and the jobs done
While if i actually put effort into it, it generally feels more rewarding.
My fc's:

#17 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

well I say once everyone has completed the game and has a good grasp of it.... I'd say about a few week after release we can have a board tourney with a level limit... like lets say uh.... idk what level you can beat the game at but going by joker 1 a level 50 team wouldn't be to hard to muster in a few weeks. I'm not sure...someone who has played the jap version will probably be able to clear it up better. Also, I'm not sure how we will go about setting up a tier list.... not that I really want to... but if you guys think a tier list would make your experience with this whole competative deal better than I suppose we can make one up. And as far as the tourney I mention, what other restrictions would you say should be set up? The complex synthesis for some higher rank monsters should set this tourney for a mostly A-S rank range and I think for our first tournament that range will allow more casual players here a better chance to play, and so will a lower level range.Oh, what about the east and their later release date.... idk we will figure things out hopefully. As far as cheating goes.... I hate it. never have cheated and it is one of the main reasons I quit pokemon's competative since everyone just sav'd pokemon. Besides I think a smaller community of battlers would be much easier to handle and more fun since we pretty much all know each other at least some what. Anyone else have ideas or concerns with my ideas?

Edited by Griffen78, 05 August 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#18 Hexios

• Avid Alchemist

• 181 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1850-4443-9852
  • Interests:Dragon quest+DQM
    violin
    legos
    other video games

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

well I say once everyone has completed the game and has a good grasp of it.... I'd say about a few week after release we can have a board tourney with a level limit... like lets say uh.... idk what level you can beat the game at but going by joker 1 a level 50 team wouldn't be to hard to muster in a few weeks. I'm not sure...someone who has played the jap version will probably be able to clear it up better. Also, I'm not sure how we will go about setting up a tier list.... not that I really want to... but if you guys think a tier list would make your experience with this whole competative deal better than I suppose we can make one up. And as far as the tourney I mention, what other restrictions would you say should be set up? The complex synthesis for some higher rank monsters should set this tourney for a mostly A-S rank range and I think for our first tournament that range will allow more casual players here a better chance to play, and so will a lower level range.Oh, what about the east and their later release date.... idk we will figure things out hopefully. As far as cheating goes.... I hate it. never have cheated and it is one of the main reasons I quit pokemon's competative since everyone just sav'd pokemon. Besides I think a smaller community of battlers would be much easier to handle and more fun since we pretty much all know each other at least some what. Anyone else have ideas or concerns with my ideas?

yeah a board tourney would be fun thing to do. like we could have board rankings maybe?
If you have a facebook account and want an U.S (Or Eu if it applies) release of DragonQuest Monsters Joker 2 Pro
like this group

If you want to battle me in Dqmj2 just PM me. (ill find a time we may battle)

TONDA GOSSA!!!!

Forze del Oscurita
Excalipurr FTW
Posted Image

#19 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

yeah a board tourney would be fun thing to do. like we could have board rankings maybe?

I suppose we could :)

#20 Griffen78

• Head Hunter

• 648 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

And what are your guy's thoughts on making a tier list?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users