Wifi Battling With Dragon Warrior Monsters, and Cobi's Journey

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Terry's Apprentice

• Slime Slayer

• 24 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

I finally seem to have found a site that likes this series as much as I do.
so I have found out how to make wifi with those two games, and the original Dragon Warrior Series
Pm me, if you wanna join this, together we can bring this game back to ultimate glory.
My only thought is the fact that, I am not sure if you can choose your moves or if it works like the tournaments.

#2 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,358 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

I finally seem to have found a site that likes this series as much as I do.
so I have found out how to make wifi with those two games, and the original Dragon Warrior Series
Pm me, if you wanna join this, together we can bring this game back to ultimate glory.
My only thought is the fact that, I am not sure if you can choose your moves or if it works like the tournaments.

I'll send you a PM straight away. Are you saying that you are developing this?

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.png DQMW_hdpi.png foot_dq1.png foot_dq2.png foot_dq3.png icon.png

PrinceofCannock1-1.pngTrauminate_IMG-3.pngBianca.png

#3 Terry's Apprentice

• Slime Slayer

• 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

why make it when I can already wifi with it.
I wish there was another way, but the wifi seems to work decently well.

#4 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,358 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

So you are using an emulator to simulate the linking capability? I have heard of this for Pokemon but I hadn't seen anything functional for DWM1 or 2. Either way, I am in. I apologize if I am misunderstanding what you are doing. It sounds interesting though.

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.png DQMW_hdpi.png foot_dq1.png foot_dq2.png foot_dq3.png icon.png

#5 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

um....why not just post how to do the wifi? I mean, if you have to type your ip address or anything just replace it with "[ip address]" or "*****"
This is actually fairly accurate to me ^^;
Posted Image

#6 Terry's Apprentice

• Slime Slayer

• 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

um....why not just post how to do the wifi? I mean, if you have to type your ip address or anything just replace it with "[ip address]" or "*****"

well its like Zenith said it simulates the wifi. but it works really well, I'd like to test it some more, I have decent monsters on my kart, I am told to raise more boss monsters. but I dont have them. You dont have to do anything related to that. only thing is I think It will only work with DWM II one person will have to use Tara, and the other player will have to use Cobi.

#7 Mortamor

• Metal Master

• 1,154 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

There's no way this is using a real cart, unfortunately. I'd be interesting in joining this if it actually works, though.

93Q9HAY.gif

Signature courtesy of King Zenith.

#8 Terry's Apprentice

• Slime Slayer

• 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

you bet, I havent done it in a while though can you give me hits how my crew is

#9 KiTA

• Monster Masher

• 935 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

So wait, how do you do this?

#10 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,358 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

So wait, how do you do this?

It's just emulator-to-emulator linking over the net via the TGBDual emulator.

#11 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,566 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Sounds interesting, but all my monsters are on the cart.

The ones I had in an emulated save were left on my old computer, miles from here... I'd have to start from scratch and my monsters would be lame...

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#12 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,358 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

The ones I had in an emulated save were left on my old computer, miles from here... I'd have to start from scratch and my monsters would be lame...

That was what Terry's Apprentice was realizing when we started doing this. He needed a lot more breeding and skill-set refining to get his team up to par. He used to update me on MSN every now and then, but I haven't heard from him in a while. May have lost interest.

#13 GrandAlchemist

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,631 posts
  • Interests:Video games, playing guitar, listening to music, anime, hating work, goofing off.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

With the ability to fast-forward getting through DWM2 is fast*. After that it's just grinding for good keys then breeding up. Wouldn't take terribly long.

*I mean even faster than normal. I recently did it in 8 hours on my GBASP.

Edited by GrandAlchemist, 09 May 2011 - 02:32 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Spikan

• Rhone Ranger

• 1,951 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4255-6430-7375
  • Interests:Drawing, Gaming, Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, Anime, Drawing, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Skies of Arcadia, RPG Maker VX, Dragon Ball series
  • Tag City:Hillsborough
  • Tag State:North Carolina
  • Tag Country:United States

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

This does seem pretty cool, sounds pretty tricky though. Eh, what do I know, I dunno anything about programming.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Hadeki

• Slime Slayer

• 9 posts
  • Tag State:California

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

I really, really like this idea. I have some pretty good monsters on my game and I'd like to battle someone. I don't have TGBDual emulator or anything, but I'll try to download it... Is this the official thread for DQM 1 and 2 battles or is there another one somewhere?

#16 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,358 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

I really, really like this idea. I have some pretty good monsters on my game and I'd like to battle someone. I don't have TGBDual emulator or anything, but I'll try to download it... Is this the official thread for DQM 1 and 2 battles or is there another one somewhere?

This is the one and only topic about it. Once you have TGBDual set up and your save file loaded, make a post here about it requesting a connection. I have fairly limited hours of availability, but would be willing to give it a shot sometime if we can make it work.

#17 Hadeki

• Slime Slayer

• 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

This is the one and only topic about it. Once you have TGBDual set up and your save file loaded, make a post here about it requesting a connection. I have fairly limited hours of availability, but would be willing to give it a shot sometime if we can make it work.

Okay, um... I have my save file loaded and stuff, I just have no idea how to connect to the internet with it.
I'm sort of limited in my hours of availability, too, but I have MSN and stuff if you want to add me on there for convenience.

#18 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,358 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:56 AM

Okay, um... I have my save file loaded and stuff, I just have no idea how to connect to the internet with it.
I'm sort of limited in my hours of availability, too, but I have MSN and stuff if you want to add me on there for convenience.

Yeah, I don't know too much about it either. We would have to configure the settings in the NetPlay menu:

Posted Image

One of us would act as the server and the other would be the client. We would then need to exchange IP addresses to connect. I am not sure if this requires you to both be on the same LAN network or if you can connect to an external IP address. In any case, I also don't know if we need to do anything with our firewall settings etc.

Maybe somebody knows more about this?

#19 Hadeki

• Slime Slayer

• 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, I don't know too much about it either. We would have to configure the settings in the NetPlay menu:

Spoiler

One of us would act as the server and the other would be the client. We would then need to exchange IP addresses to connect. I am not sure if this requires you to both be on the same LAN network or if you can connect to an external IP address. In any case, I also don't know if we need to do anything with our firewall settings etc.

Maybe somebody knows more about this?

Well, have you ever used Hamachi? It worked well with OCTGN (like, a Magic the Gathering simulation program type thing), so maybe it would work well with this. It gives you an IP address to connect to and it's really simple.
I think we could figure it out if we put our minds to it...

Anyways, when would you like to try to do this? I'm PST, so... yeah. Send me a message on here and we could work it out, I guess.

#20 Terry's Apprentice

• Slime Slayer

• 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Ok so let me start by saying I am so sorry I havent been around. I could however easily post using my cell phone with internet capabilities.. anyway oddly the tgb dual doesnt not allow itself to act as a server and such so you would have to call your moves out and share your screen via skype or something like that or even possibly just a basic video call with an external camera. Now before anyone comments on that I am positive I know what you guys may be thinking.. ok this is tad bit lame.. but you should see my pokemon battles I do and when I do them I am able to make them look really good. I just personally think this is far beyond a good game series and it it still worth playing. It sucks now and days how people are very limited in thier gaming interests... I mean I will gladly record them and commentate but as Zenith pointed out to me I have a long way to go.. and actually the way I play is with lameboy on my ds, since I own both cobi and tara, it makes into something you can not only battle with but also team up and trade with.

View PostCesar Hernandez-Meraz, on 09 May 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

That was what Terry's Apprentice was realizing when we started doing this. He needed a lot more breeding and skill-set refining to get his team up to par. He used to update me on MSN every now and then, but I haven't heard from him in a while. May have lost interest.

I have never ever lost interest its just the fact that time isnt what it used to be but believe you me I am more than willing to still get all of this working and such. Zenith is amazing with Moves cesar you should totally ask him and again nice to see everyone again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users