Kana and Romanji

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Melios

• Dungeon Dweller

• 32 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

On the wiki, the original kana & romanji from JP versions are listed for most areas, spells, etc. in the articles, and (most) infobox templates include appropriate fields for kana/romaji.

However, I noticed that while all the recurring spells have romanji/kana written on a list, there's a noticable lacking of this written anywhere for the non-magical abilities like Flame Breath, Dragon Slash, Parallax, Dazzleflash, etc. How come no one ever wrote down a list of romaji for these class/monster abilities?

#2 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,011 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

There might be less uniformity between games, so it might be harder to link certain moves together? Really, though, I'm uncertain, I just know it was odd of the team to decide names like Paralysis Attack and Sleep Attack (I think) in V when Joker already established names like Paralyzing Poke and Sleeping Sock (I think). Then again, those names probably work better in Joker's context (though any monster can know them, so I guess it actually is pretty much the same).

I'm probably not being helpful here... you'd probably be better off finding someone who actually knows the Japanese names. I was familiar with some of the symbols in the past, but I forgot a lot of that by now. (all of it, honestly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users