• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FlyingRagnar

• Sword Slinger

• 396 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

I thought it would be good to post a request for image designs for official logos and images for the wiki. Woodus did a wondeful job with our current logo, but we could definitely use some additional custom images to make things look good.

The wiki logo in the top left corner of the site should really be a bit more square. This is also the logo we should use to advertise our site elsewhere. It would be nice to have something that is more than just the name.

It is possible that we could add a nice background for the top and/or sidebar. Some wikis use repeating image backgrounds or other things. Any ideas would be appreciated.

How the home page looks will help us to attract new editors from around the web.

Edited by FlyingRagnar, 17 January 2011 - 09:58 PM.

Visit the Dragon Quest Wiki!

FlyingRagnar's YouTube channel
Dragon Quest: NES SNES GBC
Dragon Quest II: NES
Dragon Quest III: NES SNES
Dragon Quest IV: NES
Dragon Quest V: SNES

Dragon Quest IX: DS

#2 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,026 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

I always thought a good idea for the top / sidebars would be something taken from one of the drawn maps of the overworlds (something like what you see in the backgrounds of the posters that came with the GBC remakes of Erdrick/Roto/Loto's trilogy). I think there's a map like that going on in the background of the file select screen of VIII, if it would be within someone's power to rip that.

As for the logo, I think the text works nice, but it is a touch empty. Maybe put a slime / stylized slime silhouette behind it? That's lacking in imagination, yes, but the slime is iconic and would be recognizable. If we'd be completely opposed to that, then maybe something from the series that would represent something like a wiki? Like a seed of wisdom, or grandpa slime?

Ideas, of course, if I wasn't phrasing them like that XP

#3 jvboytheman

• Metal Master

• 1,146 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, RPGs/MMOs, Biology, Medicine, Hot Girls, Football and Basketball.
  • Tag Country:Philippines

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

i have a question on the wiki. Somehow it overlaps with the Wikia one. Are the developers in the same team or have they collaborated? :)
Dragon Quest is the bomb!
Yes, it's the greatest RPG. XD

#4 timothyjmcneeley

• Avid Alchemist

• 115 posts
  • Interests:All Dragon Quest (In my eyes, they will always be called Dragon Warrior) games, Final Fantasy 2 (4 in Japan), Final Fantasy 3 (6 in Japan), Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario series, Legend of Zelda series, Metroid series, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield: 3, need I go on!!! All Star Treks are my favorite shows, along with Law and Order: SVU, NCIS, Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, and the Cleveland Show.
  • Tag City:Gainesville
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32609

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

At the very least, change the sword that is stabbing the "EN" in Den to Erdrick's sword or the MKS sword.
Posted Image

http://www.facebook....imothyjmcneeley I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield: 3

#5 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,026 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

i have a question on the wiki. Somehow it overlaps with the Wikia one. Are the developers in the same team or have they collaborated? :)

A lot of the content on the wiki was originally imported from the Wikia one. I can't speak for the other contributors that might have also come over, but I have, for the most part, not been around the Wikia one all that much since. It's possible that some of the other contributors go back and forth between wikis trying to make adjustments where appropriate, but that's speculation on my part. I know I'm not doing that presently :P

At the very least, change the sword that is stabbing the "EN" in Den to Erdrick's sword or the MKS sword.

This is in regards to the wiki, yo. Not Dragon's Den.

#6 timothyjmcneeley

• Avid Alchemist

• 115 posts
  • Interests:All Dragon Quest (In my eyes, they will always be called Dragon Warrior) games, Final Fantasy 2 (4 in Japan), Final Fantasy 3 (6 in Japan), Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario series, Legend of Zelda series, Metroid series, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield: 3, need I go on!!! All Star Treks are my favorite shows, along with Law and Order: SVU, NCIS, Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, and the Cleveland Show.
  • Tag City:Gainesville
  • Tag State:Florida
  • Tag Zip:32609

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

My bad.
Posted Image

http://www.facebook....imothyjmcneeley I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield: 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users