Dragon Quest Wiki Discussion Forum

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 13,043 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

If you haven't been to the Dragon Quest Wiki yet, make sure you head over to http://www.dragon-qu.../wiki/index.php and see if you can help out expanding the Wiki.

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#2 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,846 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

Good idea making a sub-forum for this. Hopefully the wiki will see more action as a result.

Jessica_Clean_Sig.png   Bianca_Clean_Sig.png                Yangus_Clean_Sig.pngMarquis_De_Leon_Clean_Sig.png

#3 Fossilgojira

• Avid Alchemist

• 156 posts
  • Interests:Tokusatsu, manga, comics, "escapism" stuff.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

I am slightly confused as to why there are currently two wikis about Dragon Quest.
The serparate one seems to have more activity; wouldn't it be easier to focus on one with a promising start rather than cause a feud?

#4 FlyingRagnar

• Sword Slinger

• 397 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

An excellent question Fossilgojira. Let me clear things up...

Most of you know me as FlyingRangar, but I am also known as Pagoda on the Wikia Dragon Quest Wiki. I have been an admin on that wiki for approximately 10 months. Recently, Wikia announced major changes to the look and feel (or skin) of all the wikis. If you visit the second link, you can see the new look for yourself. Basically it uses a fixed width for displaying ALL content. This has caused a great uproar amoung users of Wikia. However, rather than listen to the negative feedback, Wikia is proceeding with the changes. Most (myself included) believe that this is mainly to improve their ad placements and promotion of their other wikis, as the center of the screen is the "money area" of a website.

Many wikis are moving to other providers. This includes the world of warcraft wiki which is the 3rd largest on Wikia. You can see the full list here.

As for me, I dislike the changes, but am really more bothered by how they completely ignore their existing user base. As a result, I plan on exporting much of the content I have provided to the Wikia wiki and moving it to the one associated with this site (dragon-quest.org). I thought creating a forum would help to restart interest in the wiki and get things moving again. I will be posting threads on various topics which need to be discussed for future work on the wiki, including the name.

I also want to say thank you to Woodus (for setting up this forum) and Zenithian for allowing me to come in and become an admin on the wiki. Although a community wiki, Zenithian still is the "owner" and any changes will be heavily influenced by his thoughts/ideas.

Visit the Dragon Quest Wiki!

FlyingRagnar's YouTube channel
Dragon Quest: NES SNES GBC
Dragon Quest II: NES
Dragon Quest III: NES SNES
Dragon Quest IV: NES
Dragon Quest V: SNES

Dragon Quest IX: DS

#5 Fossilgojira

• Avid Alchemist

• 156 posts
  • Interests:Tokusatsu, manga, comics, "escapism" stuff.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

An excellent question Fossilgojira. Let me clear things up...

Most of you know me as FlyingRangar, but I am also known as Pagoda on the Wikia Dragon Quest Wiki. I have been an admin on that wiki for approximately 10 months. Recently, Wikia announced major changes to the look and feel (or skin) of all the wikis. If you visit the second link, you can see the new look for yourself. Basically it uses a fixed width for displaying ALL content. This has caused a great uproar amoung users of Wikia. However, rather than listen to the negative feedback, Wikia is proceeding with the changes. Most (myself included) believe that this is mainly to improve their ad placements and promotion of their other wikis, as the center of the screen is the "money area" of a website.

Many wikis are moving to other providers. This includes the world of warcraft wiki which is the 3rd largest on Wikia. You can see the full list here.

As for me, I dislike the changes, but am really more bothered by how they completely ignore their existing user base. As a result, I plan on exporting much of the content I have provided to the Wikia wiki and moving it to the one associated with this site (dragon-quest.org). I thought creating a forum would help to restart interest in the wiki and get things moving again. I will be posting threads on various topics which need to be discussed for future work on the wiki, including the name.

I also want to say thank you to Woodus (for setting up this forum) and Zenithian for allowing me to come in and become an admin on the wiki. Although a community wiki, Zenithian still is the "owner" and any changes will be heavily influenced by his thoughts/ideas.

I see. If that's the case then it does seem reasonable to move away from an ignorant land-lord and set up shop else where. I suppose the "Quest over Warrior" status quo is still in effect?

#6 FlyingRagnar

• Sword Slinger

• 397 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

I would think so, considering that is the original name and the name the most recent localizations have used.

Visit the Dragon Quest Wiki!

FlyingRagnar's YouTube channel
Dragon Quest: NES SNES GBC
Dragon Quest II: NES
Dragon Quest III: NES SNES
Dragon Quest IV: NES
Dragon Quest V: SNES

Dragon Quest IX: DS

#7 Kalmana

• Metal Master

• 1,059 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

One thing i'd like to see is the debug features of the DW/DQ games. Heck, i had a blast with DWVII's debug so i'd like to know how to access and what the debug features are.
This is actually fairly accurate to me ^^;
Posted Image

#8 beast123

• Savvy Seafarer

• 62 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

One thing i'd like to see is the debug features of the DW/DQ games. Heck, i had a blast with DWVII's debug so i'd like to know how to access and what the debug features are.

That would be a good idea
http://dragonq9.webs.com/ - Please join I want to get this website started.
- Goal: over 50 members

#9 cartman414

• Avid Alchemist

• 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

Would anyone be interested in DQVC item prices?

#10 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,189 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

If they wouldn't, I sure would.

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#11 cartman414

• Avid Alchemist

• 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

http://www15.atwiki..../pages/205.html
http://www15.atwiki..../pages/207.html
http://www15.atwiki..../pages/208.html
http://www15.atwiki..../pages/206.html

There's every item that's been up so far on the Japanese DQVC.

#12 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,189 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Awesome, thanks very much!

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#13 cartman414

• Avid Alchemist

• 153 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

No problem. BTW, in case you didn't look at my other recent post in the PDF scans thread, there are some copies of the DWM 1 and 2 guides floating around Amazon.com that aren't excessively pricey, though I can't vouch for their quality. Still, worth a look.

#14 cartman414

• Avid Alchemist

• 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

All but finished with compiling the Japanese DQVC lists via brute force translation (with assistance from Chrome).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users