Sorcerer's Stone

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ctg

• Slime Slayer

• 1 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

I'm trying to make a Thinking cap and I'm 1 Sorcerer's Stone shy of making one. Problems is I can't locate it. Funny thing is that I have 2 yet I don't see it in my bag nor do I see it in the Guide that I bought. Where can I find the remaining stone I need?

#2 Equinox201

• Savvy Seafarer

• 87 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid Prime, RPGs, Halo, CoD, FPSs Etc...

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

I found 2 in Gulzuun.
Where there's 4 chests, 2 red 2 blue.
I found sorcerer's stones in both blue
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass... and I've just finished my milk." - Moss

Posted Image

#3 Deathtamoor

• Head Hunter

• 708 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

You will be able to farm Sorcerer's Stones once Quest 166 becomes available from WiFi. Keep repeating that quest for more of them.

#4 Nes Erdrick

• Head Hunter

• 511 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

Yall are missing what the guy is saying. He has 2 as far as what the game says he has.

There isnt going to be 2 listing of the same item my friend. When you alchemise something it asks how many of the item you wish to put in the pot. And this is the time you select 2 you cant find the same item again because you've already comtributed it to the recipe and thus its off your list. So again when you put it in make sure you choose to put in 2. Because you cant put 1 in twice. Hope that helps.

#5 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:1163-2955-0100

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

Maybe he has one equipped?
Why yes, I do play Star Trek Online.
If you like 4x games go here: FreeOrion
DWM2 Rules!!!
View the Dragon Lord's Minions
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Nes Erdrick

• Head Hunter

• 511 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

Anything you have equiped doesnt come up in the alchemy list of items to choose or do they add to the amount you have.

#7 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

it'll show "Need Stock(Eqp.)"

maybe he has a one for stock and eqp?
DWM2 Rules!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Nes Erdrick

• Head Hunter

• 511 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Odd several items ive wanted up upgrade weren'y shown on the list until i unequiped. Might be only because it was the only one i had. So maybe it will show that one is equiped if you have a another in your inventory.

#9 Role

• Savvy Seafarer

• 72 posts
  • Interests:Touhou Project, Dragon Quest, Golden Sun, Disgaea, jRPGs in General, sRPGs in General, Crime Dramas, Creative Writing, and Political Science

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

You will be able to farm Sorcerer's Stones once Quest 166 becomes available from WiFi. Keep repeating that quest for more of them.

Thank god... those things are a pain to farm. I lucked out and got a couple via DQVC a while back, but I've only found one or two since then. I hope some other rare items needed for alchemy become like that. I mean, at least I can steal Gold Bars, and there's always going up to Graygnarl and Hoimi-ing one out of him. Sorcerer's Stones, though... nothing drops it, so it's a pain to get.

Edited by Role, 12 August 2010 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#10 Deathtamoor

• Head Hunter

• 708 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

Thank god... those things are a pain to farm. I lucked out and got a couple via DQVC a while back, but I've only found one or two since then. I hope some other rare items needed for alchemy become like that. I mean, at least I can steal Gold Bars, and there's always going up to Graygnarl and Hoimi-ing one out of him. Sorcerer's Stones, though... nothing drops it, so it's a pain to get.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But it's not that bad since Sorcerer's Stone isn't used for that many alchemy recipes. Here are other items rare/hard to get items that can be farmed through the DLC quests:

121 - Astral Plume
152 - Technicolour Dreamcloth
164 - Sorcerer's Ring
165 - Slime Crown
166 - Sorcerer's Stone
168 - Hephaestus's Flame
171 - Chronocrystal
177 - Saint's Ashes

I steal Gold Bars from AU-1000 (S rank enemy, Ruins grotto) since it's their primary drop and they don't run away. For Lucida Shards, it's the second drop for Cosmic Chimarea (A rank, Nature grotto) but I don't bother with them. I just wait until all of the Brighten Rocks and Evencloths respawn. It's usually good for two Lucida Shards.

#11 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

121. 152, 165, and 168 aren't too hard to get. The components aren't very rare.

And yeah, Lucida shard is pretty easy to synth. You can find both ingredients right outside Gleeba.
DWM2 Rules!!!

#12 Deathtamoor

• Head Hunter

• 708 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

Astral Plumes aren't hard to get if you've been to a lot of grottos. They seem to show up a lot for me in the high rank blue chests. However, Flurry Feathers have a terrible spawn rate and you may not want to go through the hassle of stealing them from Weakon Beakons if your deftness is low.

Technicolour Dreamcloth isn't hard to get but most people don't have lots of Grubby Bandages lying around. So if you don't like stealing, you do have to go out of your way to get them.

Slime Crown. If you fought a lot of KMS then you should have some. It's the second drop for the other King Slime monsters, so pretty annoying to steal. Luckily, you don't need a ton of them.

Hephaestus's Flame is probably the easiest to get on that list. Found lots of them in blue chests all over and I never, ever ran out of them. Plus pretty easy to make with the items you find in the spawn points and Toad Oil is very common so you should have plenty of those.

Those four aren't hard to make perse, but for the first three you do have to go out of you way to get them.

Lucida Shard is easy to synth but I never seem to have enough of them. :( Damn you Sainted Soma and Agate of Evolution! Why must you be in so many recipes? :(

#13 marhawkman

• Nokturnus' Nightmare

• 4,391 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

YEah really....

I have a habit of collecting certain items almost obsessively just because of how many I've needed.
DWM2 Rules!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users