Greygnarl help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tjornan

• Savvy Seafarer

• 85 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

I have 2 questions. forgive me if this has been made before, but i need some help badly.

Im no noob to DQ seeing as i have played most of the games. I got a grotto map diamond world of gloom lvl 91. At the end is greygnarl and i got my ass handed to me. 3 turns and i died. Anyone have any strategies? heres my team

Lvl 81 gladiator- I normally use him for forbearence, since he has the highest defence. I used to spam falcon slash, but when i got to the higher grotto bosses, i had to switch to forbearence. If its a spell casting boss, i set up magic mirror, then use forbearence and let them kill themselves while half inching for the heck of it.
Lvl 99 minstrel- I normally egg on my mage with him...
Lvl 99 mage- normally i have her channel anger, then spam kafrizzle
Lvl 99 priest- i noramlly heal with multiheal, but if im not getting hurt too much, i can use multithrust

I could make a paladin tank, but that would take quite a while. i do have a grotto with a LMS room, but no MKS room. LMS are no problem because i have thunder thrust.

My second question.... How can i get my hands on a scroll? any scroll that i could use is good.

Thanks for all your help, and this commmunity is great. It has helped me out a ton with grottos

But i am a noob to this community, and if this post is not supposed to be here or anything, forgive me.

Edited by Tjornan, 10 August 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#2 Cain

• Monster Masher

• 823 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

I have 2 questions. forgive me if this has been made before, but i need some help badly.

Im no noob to DQ seeing as i have played most of the games. I got a grotto map diamond world of gloom lvl 91. At the end is greygnarl and i got my ass handed to me. 3 turns and i died. Anyone have any strategies? heres my team

Lvl 81 gladiator- I normally use him for forbearence, since he has the highest defence. I used to spam falcon slash, but when i got to the higher grotto bosses, i had to switch to forbearence. If its a spell casting boss, i set up magic mirror, then use forbearence and let them kill themselves while half inching for the heck of it.
Lvl 99 minstrel- I normally egg on my mage with him...
Lvl 99 mage- normally i have her channel anger, then spam kafrizzle
Lvl 99 priest- i noramlly heal with multiheal, but if im not getting hurt too much, i can use multithrust

I could make a paladin tank, but that would take quite a while. i do have a grotto with a LMS room, but no MKS room. LMS are no problem because i have thunder thrust.

My second question.... How can i get my hands on a scroll? any scroll that i could use is good.

Thanks for all your help, and this commmunity is great. It has helped me out a ton with grottos

But i am a noob to this community, and if this post is not supposed to be here or anything, forgive me.

A Paladin tank will probably work better than a Gladiator so if that's your strategy you might want to look into it. I haven't fought Greygnarl yet so I don't have strategies to help you. For Legacy bosses I have Gladiator, Gladiator, Sage, Paladin. Gladiators use Double Up then Falcon Slash. My Sage uses the appropriate Fource and heals while the Paladin uses Double Up, Kabuff and Multi-thrust. If needed he uses Whipping Boy or Forbearence.

To get a scroll you need to complete the level 40 quest for a vocation. To get the level 40 quest you need to first complete the level 15 quest.

Edited by Cain, 10 August 2010 - 11:17 AM.

My Team
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Friends & Aliases
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SaGa 3 NDS Translation Project: http://www.cainsdoma...ii-translation/

#3 Tjornan

• Savvy Seafarer

• 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

ok thanks a ton for clearing that up for me. Another question. How the hell do you get to the legacy bosses? everyone is talking about strategys and blah blah blah, but i could find no mention of how to get to them

#4 Arek

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

Baramos is typically the first legacy boss most people will have in game itself. People also went to the different store events to get Estark and Zoma. Otherwise the maps can be gotten from DQVC quests.

Spoiler

Greygnarl also has a 5% chance of giving you Dragonlord's map. This is given instead of a regular treasure map which Greygnarl doesn't drop at all.

Likewise Baramos has a chance to drop Mudraw's map after leveling him to 16 and Dragonlord has a chance of dropping Psaro's map after leveling him to 16. Both Mudraw and Psaro also lead to other legacy bosses at level 16.

The rest of the legacy maps will be acquired from either store events or DQVC quests.

Also for Greygnarl my best advice would be to keep a dedicated healer. Watch out for him using Magic Burst. I personally used a Paladin, Sage, Martial Artist, and Ranger. I kept using Wolf Whistle with my Ranger, Used the Paladin and Sage to place up some buffs in the first round, had the Martial Artist use Double up and then either Fan Dango or Multifists. My Paladin also was equipped with the Uber Falcon Blade and Spammed Falcon Slash. If you don't need healing the Sage can join with Kazammle and if you Twocus Pocus then you can double cast it. Beware of Greygnarl using Magic Burst though for a. it does a ton of damage and b. He will immediately recover his MP after Magic Burst. Which means if the RNG god hates you Greygnarl could spam it. Just keep buffs up such as Insulatle, Kabuff, Double up/Oomph, et al. I truthfully feel Greygnarl is the hardest boss I've come across thus far.
When in darkness comes the light, seek the truth from the happiness of the heart

#5 Tjornan

• Savvy Seafarer

• 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

ughh lol. now i have to lvl a sage up.

#6 Nes Erdrick

• Head Hunter

• 511 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

You dont need a sage. I would go with a paladin if you have one close to high enough to use. And as far as scrolls are concerned they are recieved from doing quests in line with equipement skills. The best for what you would want probably is the shield scroll. Which gives whom ever has it in their inventory the ability to become invulneralbe to any critical attack. ive put this scroll on my priest so she cant be 1 shot. And that way i can rez others as needed and keep my heals going. Honestly i beat the game and all subsequent grotto bosses with the gladiator, martial artist, mage, and priest. They were all level 99 by the time i got to face greygnarl. And what i did was use magic mirror on my priest and just beat GG down as best i could. Dont waste much time buffing and what not since he uses disruptive wave alot.

#7 Tjornan

• Savvy Seafarer

• 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

does magic mirror reflect magic burst?

#8 Nes Erdrick

• Head Hunter

• 511 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

You know im not sure. By the time he get around to casting that he has cast disruptive wave and ive got my priest on heal duty.

#9 Chrome777

• Avid Alchemist

• 106 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Dragonball Z and Pokemon

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

You know im not sure. By the time he get around to casting that he has cast disruptive wave and ive got my priest on heal duty.

I have a scroll for priests called "Priest's Primer" and when i put on my sage (who was once a priest with 100 in faith) i can use Wave of Relief I think this is the opposite to Distruptive Wave
Im still waiting for......
Posted Image

Posted Image "I'm Back!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users