Treasure Map question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Arek

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

I'm a bit curious about treasure map dungeons are the rewards always a new treasure map or do some of them have other rewards for beating the boss.

Also I'm not sure if this is correct but I beleive the treasure bosses are related to the map level and change every 10 levels.

Like On my Level 1 and Level 8 map I fought the same boss. (Equinox)

On my level 10, 15, 19 maps I fought another boss. (Knight on a Grandpa slime whom I still haven't defeated namely he calls king cureslimes that well cast full heal on him or themselves)

Also any clue what decides the level of the maps you receive?

Like the first map I got after the default treasure map was a Level 19 map, but since then I've received lower level maps.

I didn't know if I was going to like the treasure map aspect, but it's addicting. Especially since my one map has common encounters with Metal Medleys. I really wish I had people to tag mode to share maps with.
When in darkness comes the light, seek the truth from the happiness of the heart

#2 Nico8912

• Slime Slayer

• 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

I only have 1 treasure map so far but I'll let you know what I get when I beat it.
Posted Image

#3 Darkmoon

• Avid Alchemist

• 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

My first map was "Granite Tunnel of Woe Lv.1", with the Equinox boss.

I got the "Graphite Mine of Dolour Lv. 9" from that, with no notable monster spawns, except for those Axolhotls (sp?) that chase you tenaciously. Also found two blue chests in there, don't think there was anything outstanding I got. Boss was... I forget what it was, but it was definitely not Equinox, and it STOMPED me. ~80-100 damage hits, and I could barely scratch it. It wasn't pretty.

I haven't messed with the maps since then, and have been progressing the story with the plan of going back with better gear.

#4 Arek

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Well I've been doing treasure maps quite a bit. My multiple of 10 theory went out the window with the last dungeon map I did which was level 13 map.

So far I've gotten the following:

Granite Tunnel of Woe LV1 was my first map with Equinox as boss.

Second map gotten was Bronze Cave of Doubt Level 19 which had the Grandpa Slime Knight which murderized me. (I'm about to try him again now.)(Enemies were from the snow area so when I got this map it was good for leveling.)

Third Map Graphite Mine of Bliss LV 17 which again Grandpa Slime knight (he killed me again here). Nothing special enemy wise here
Fourth map was Bronze Lair of Woe which had Equinox again. This is also the map with common Medal Medleys.

Fifth Map was Clay Crevasse of Glee Lv 10 again had Slime knight (I evaced since I was previously just killed) weak enemies and nothing too special

Sixth Map was Granite Cave of Bliss LV 13 which had Nemean as a boss and he wasn't too hard. Enemies in here were again early area enemies.

Seventh Map which I just got a map for is Iron Lair of Doubt LV 18.

I think I went back to the first cave and got like 3 maps from there and 2 from the Bronze Lair.

This subquest is too addicting I may never finish the game itself at this rate.

Edited by Arek, 13 July 2010 - 06:18 PM.

When in darkness comes the light, seek the truth from the happiness of the heart

#5 Darkmoon

• Avid Alchemist

• 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

Have you gotten any good drops yet from the bosses?

I went back into the first map and killed Equinox again, I stole a dragon scale from it, but no luck on a loot drop from it. This time I got a "Graphite Cave of Woe Lv.11" map from it though.

#6 Arek

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Equinox drops Vesta Gauntlets 2% of the time (I guess that's his rare drop) I've yet to get his other drop. Funny thing is I got Vestral gauntlets two times in a row. I don't even have a Thief to use Itemized kill. Well I ended up finishing the main story so I guess it's treasure hunting time. Aka I'll probably be level grinding.

I was a little disappointed with the final boss. I 'ope I can fight Great Trolls somewhere else, because I forgot to come in with a Mage and kill a few with Frizz. Darn Sage Quest.

I still wish I knew if there's some type of formula to the maps you receive.

#7 Nico8912

• Slime Slayer

• 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Just defeated Equinox at the end of "Granite Tunnel of Woe Lv.1 " and I received a treasure map from him "Basalt Crater of Woe Lv.10".
Posted Image

#8 Arek

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

Well I did come across this website that's in Japanese that may be of some help for finding treasure map locations.

It should help out a little. Unsure if they have every possible location for treasure grottos since they are random. But it should help out somewhat.

http://dq9.ffsky.cn/maplocation.htm

#9 Woodus

• Admin
  • Dragon Warrior

• 13,012 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4856-9117-4181
  • Interests:Dragon Warrior, Games, RPGs, RTSs, Golfing, Boating, Web Design ...
  • Tag City:Ankeny
  • Tag State:Iowa
  • Tag Zip:50021
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Just defeated Equinox at the end of "Granite Tunnel of Woe Lv.1 " and I received a treasure map from him "Basalt Crater of Woe Lv.10".

I did that one last night and got a Lv.19 map.

woodus_bar.png skbar1.png
firefox_bar.png linkdir_bar.png
amazon_bar.png astore_bar.png
dq8_talk3.gif ice_on_grass_2x.gif dq73ds_loading_slime.gif

#10 Cain

• Metal Master

• 1,013 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Where might one find said treasure maps?
My Team
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Friends & Aliases
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SaGa 3 NDS Translation Project: http://www.cainsdoma...ii-translation/

#11 Leinad

• Dungeon Dweller

• 36 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in a lot of things. Manga,books,games,art,musichose are such broad topics you'll just have to ask me for specifics ;P.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

I haven't even done any treasure maps yet.But that's cause been oddly busy and when I do play(18hrs of playing)
But that's been a lot of lvling. Well waiting for metal slimes, xD but once I've mastered shields ill finish the story incredibly fast I hope.

#12 Arek

• Sword Slinger

• 257 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Your first Treasure Map is received from completing a quest at Zere Rocks. There's a guy that's sorta passed out outside of Zere Rocks and you complete his quest and he gives you a treasure map. Then to get new maps you complete treasure maps.

I've just been trying to figure out what determines the level. My highest level map is a level 31, but ironically when I defeated the boss there I got a level 4 map.

I've heard two different things about the levels of the maps. One topic on Gamefaqs said it had to do with how often you've revived your hero apparently the more deaths the higher the level will be. Then another topic said it had to do with reincarnating jobs.

So far I've ran into four different bosses in my many dungeons.

You do get an accolade for completing a Grotto of level 25 or more.

You also receive a treasure map from the king of Stornway after completing the story. The map I got from the King was level 23.

The bosses I've seen so far are:
Equinox
Shogum (The Grandpa Slime knight)Casts Kaboom, Calls for backup, Has a Critical attack that can deal 250+ damage, and a regular attack. He also sometimes gets two turns.
Nemean (He's a Chimera type creature)Sometimes get's two turns. Regular attack, critical attack and Fierce Fire breath.
Trauminator (Terminator reference much) He attacks twice per turn, has a Lightening Cannon type attack that deals massive damage.

Shogum so far is the hardest battle just because he calls King Cureslimes. It's really annoying if two of them appear at the same time which I beleive is a rare occurrence. But his calling for backup doesn't always work.

Then again as long as you have either Sage's Stone, Multiheal/Omniheal, or Hustle Dance you should have no problem keeping your health up against any of these bosses.

I'm hoping to run into more bosses soon.

#13 chichi

• Avid Alchemist

• 154 posts
  • Tag City:Colorado Springs
  • Tag State:Colorado
  • Tag Zip:80918

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

I've just been trying to figure out what determines the level. My highest level map is a level 31, but ironically when I defeated the boss there I got a level 4 map.

Run through the map and kill the boss again. It's pretty random...

According to a table in the guidebook, if you are > level 40, and clear a grotto of level 30-39, you'll end up with a map of level 4-38, 5-7 floors, with either Equinox, Nemean, Shogum, Trauminator, or Elusid as bosses.

It also indicates the more grottos you have cleared, the better chance of higher level maps.

Like card games?  Please visit www.dq-ccg.com!

dd_bar_082.png

#14 chichi

• Avid Alchemist

• 154 posts
  • Tag City:Colorado Springs
  • Tag State:Colorado
  • Tag Zip:80918

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

[deleted - double post]

Edited by chichi, 16 July 2010 - 03:34 PM.

Like card games?  Please visit www.dq-ccg.com!

dd_bar_082.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users