Photo

DQ9 improvement project!

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,116 posts
  • Interests:I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.
  • Tag City:Conroe Woodlands Spring Magnolia Tomball 1960
  • Tag State:TX
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

For me it's always been Erdrick, though I can not see why the gameboy screwed up and the games used Loto instead of Roto when it is clearly Roto in Japanese the R and L sound are combined simultaneously together making a hybrid sound which is usually a cointoss as to whether its translated into one or the other.

It's meant to be Loto and Laura. Or Loto and Lora due to size constraints.

Check out my Plus Alpha Translations interview at DQShrine.com!

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#42 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Ahh here we go, got a complete main script dump. Had a tiny logic error in one of my compressors that caused slight corruption, but that's all fixed up.

Here's a list of all the unique quests available. It is possible that some might be listed elsewhere, but since this is all of the main script I doubt it.

Edited by DQ5r, 22 July 2010 - 02:40 PM.

#43 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,655 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:3138-9033-8391
  • Tag City:Calgary
  • Tag State:Alberta
  • Tag Zip:T2P0T5

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Cool. Do you have more than just the quest numbers by any chance?

dqmsl_logo_hdpi.pngDQMW_hdpi.pngfoot_dq1.pngfoot_dq2.pngfoot_dq3.pngicon.png

Jessica_sig.pngTrauminate_IMG-5.gifPuffPuffGirl_sig.png

#44 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Cool. Do you have more than just the quest numbers by any chance?

Whoops had one error in the list, there is no quest 000. That puts the total to 128.

Yeah I have a whole script file. Didn't add any dupe detection so atm it is 8.44 MB uncompressed, so best read with notepad++. Any reason you are asking? :shifty:

#45 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, it's just that I have been trying to hunt down the Quest descriptions as they appear on the Quest cards. You have gotten us this far, but I would love to see those descriptions like:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And also the versions after you complete the Quest:

Posted Image

But I don't want to put you out at all. I just thought that you might have it handy as you posted the Quest numbers. If it's not easy to do, then by all means carry on with your improvement project. Just glad to hear things are moving along.

#46 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, it's just that I have been trying to hunt down the Quest descriptions as they appear on the Quest cards. You have gotten us this far, but I would love to see those descriptions like:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And also the versions after you complete the Quest:

Posted Image

But I don't want to put you out at all. I just thought that you might have it handy as you posted the Quest numbers. If it's not easy to do, then by all means carry on with your improvement project. Just glad to hear things are moving along.

Hmm, looks like it is not in the main script. Will have to take a look elsewhere, but probably not too hard to find.

#47 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Cool, thanks. Don't sweat it if it's not something you are already intending on obtaining. I suppose if you are serious about this improvement project though, it is something you will need to get to eventually.

#48 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

Cool, thanks. Don't sweat it if it's not something you are already intending on obtaining. I suppose if you are serious about this improvement project though, it is something you will need to get to eventually.

Looks like it uses yet another compression algorithm. I'll get to it in a bit, but for now I do have the actual main script text for all of em.

Edited by DQ5r, 22 July 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#49 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

Woo got a beta cross reference!

<N_TURN>「もしかして ○ホ主○○さま……?\n そこに いらっしゃるのですか?<YESNO><YES><NO>「……なーんて\n そんなはずないわよね。\n ウフフ……。<END>
<N_TURN>*: <Cap><HERO>? Is that you, honoured Guardian?<YESNO><YES><NO>*: Tee hee. Silly me. What am I saying?<END>

<N_TURN>「○ホ主○○さま……\n [今日/きょう]も [私/わたし]たちをお[守/まも]りくださり\n ありがとうございます。<PAGE>シスターは [一心/いっしん]に[祈/いの]っている。<END>
<N_TURN>*: <Cap><HERO>, thank you for watching over us and keeping us safe for another day.<PAGE>The nun is praying earnestly.<END>

<N_TURN>リッカ「お[客/きゃく]さまに お[出/だ]しする[夕食/ゆうしょく]は\n まめのスープと おイモのシチューの\n どっちがいいかな?<PAGE>リッカ「たまには お[肉/にく]も[用意/ようい]できると\n [料理/りょうり]のバリエーションが ふえて\n いいんだけど……。<END>
<N_TURN>@Erinn@ What should I make for the guests tonight... Hmm... Bean soup or potato stew...?<PAGE>@Erinn@ If only we had some meat. It's no good serving the same old stuff every time...<END>

<N_TURN>リッカ「[今日/きょう]も [何事/なにごと]もなく お[客/きゃく]さまを\n おもてなしすることが できました。<PAGE>リッカ「いつも [見守/みまも]ってくださって\n ありがとうございます。\n ○ホ主○○さま。<END>
<N_TURN>@Erinn@ Thank you for another day of serving customers with no mishaps.<PAGE>@Erinn@ And thank you for always watching over me, <HERO>, Guardian of Angel Falls.<END>

Maybe I'll look at quests.gp2 in a bit, now.

#50 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,655 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

Wow, nice work. You don't waste any time do you?

#51 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Whooops!

Edited by DQ5r, 23 July 2010 - 02:04 PM.

#52 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Wow, nice work. You don't waste any time do you?

Ha looks like all the quest lists are loaded to RAM, but the game removes it once it is finished. I set a break point before the game has a chance to delete. ATM the formatting is a little crude, but I gather you can figure out which are titles and which are descriptions. Lemme know if this is all of em. ^.^

2010/04/08 23:33:48
Quest Test
Trigger time
One Good Turn
You've been asked by a girl called Questelle in Angel Falls to go and find a tangleweb.
You've been asked by a girl called Questelle in Angel Falls to go and find a tangleweb. Try investigating the big spider's web on the other side of the river just outside the village. Keep your eyes peeled for something twinkly...
You found a tangleweb for Questelle in Angel Falls, and she gave you a sleeping hibiscus in return. She told you to look out for twinkly spots, as they show there's an item in that location. You can do this quest as many times as you like.
Puff-Puff Performance
If you want Tuya from the hunters' yurts to perform a proper puff-puff, you'll have to bring her some cheer-me-up. Pick your moment well, and you should easily be able to steal some from a boss troll.
Tuya from the hunters' yurts said she'd only perform a puff-puff if you presented her with some cheer-me-up. Now you've managed to steal the goods from that boss troll, it's time to go and get your reward!
You gave Tuya the cheer-me-up, and she kept her side of the bargain by performing a puff-puff. She even gave you some lambswool as a nice memento. You can come back to this quest as many times as you like.
Someone at the hunters' yurts north of Batsureg is waiting for a helpful person to come along.
Pleased as Punch
A girl in the church in Stornway wants you to egg her on with an air punch.
A girl named Ricki in the church in Stornway wants you to egg her on with an air punch.
After you egged on Ricki in Stornway with an air punch, she taught you the <6>Pirouette<9> party trick. You can assign your party tricks from the Misc. menu, and perform them by holding down the B Button and using the +Control Pad.
We Like to Party
Ricki in the church in Stornway has asked you to egg her on with another party trick.
Give Ricki in Stornway what she wants: four party tricks in a row! A pirouette, a clap, a jump and an air punch should do the trick!
You gave Ricki just what she wanted: four party tricks in a row. In return, she taught you the <6>Pray<9> party trick. Don't forget: you can assign four party tricks to the down direction of the +Control Pad and unleash them all at once!
Labour of Love
A girl in Stornway has asked you to bring her an evencloth. She seems to think the ragged reapers around Zere drop them from time to time.
Julia from Stornway has asked you to bring her an evencloth. She seems to think the ragged reapers around Zere drop them from time to time.
You gave Julia the evencloth she wanted, and she gave you a pretty betsy in return!
Herb'list
A soldier called Angus has asked you to bring him one each of the following: a medicinal herb, an antidotal herb and a moonwort bulb. He can be found upstairs in Stornway Castle.
You took Angus, the soldier at Stornway Castle, a medicinal herb, an antidotal herb and a moonwort bulb, and he gave you a Gleeban groat for your efforts. He wouldn't let on what he needed the herbs for, though.
Get Well Water
Angus, the soldier who can be found upstairs in Stornway Castle, has asked you to bring him a remedy from Angel Falls that's supposed to be good for curing headaches.
You've agreed to look for a remedy that Angus in Stornway Castle needs. According to the man in front of the waterfall at Angel Falls, you'll need to find some fresh water if you want him to make the necessary medicine.
You agreed to look for a remedy for Angus, the soldier who can be found upstairs in Stornway Castle. You gave some fresh water to the man at Angel Falls, and he used it to make some tummy-trouble-free diluted Angel's Tears for you.
You took the Angel's Tears to Angus back in Stornway Castle and he gave you a seed of life in return. It sounds like he needed the medicine for the King, who's been having some bad dreams of late.
Curious Crevice
You met a bit of a ruffian called Hamish down the well in Stornway Castle, and he asked you to bring him a slimedrop. He seems to think he can use it to squeeze through a narrow gap.
You took a slimedrop to Hamish down the well in Stornway Castle. He didn't manage to squeeze through the gap after all, but he still gave you a seed of strength by way of thanks.
Don't Cry Over Spilt Ink
An old man in Stornway Castle wants you to bring him some magic water. He says he needs to remove some black ink from a very important-sounding book.
The historian, Earnan, in Stornway Castle asked you to bring him some magic water. He was then able to remove some black ink from an ancient book, and read the words hidden underneath. He gave you a seed of magic by way of thanks.
Wings of Love
A soldier at the Stornway checkpoint has asked you to bring him a wing of bat. Apparently the drackmages near Zere often drop them.
Romeo, the soldier at the Stornway checkpoint, asked you to bring him a wing of bat. He says the drackmages near Zere often drop them.
Romeo, the soldier at the Stornway checkpoint, asked you to bring him a wing of bat. You managed to earn yourself two hundred gold coins in the process!
Battering Betterflies
A farmer called George from Zere has asked you to chase away the betterflies that keep attacking his crops.
A farmer called George from Zere asked you to chase away the betterflies that keep attacking his crops. He says he'll be happy if you can just get rid of ten of them. So far, you've managed to oust <val_1>.
You chased away the betterflies from George the farmer's field, and received a reward in return. Now George's crops are safe. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Doug and the Sluggers
Poor old Doug in Coffinwell has had his feelings hurt by his granddaughter, who said he looked like a slugger. He wants you to make him feel better by going just outside town and battering ten of them.
Poor old Doug in Coffinwell has had his feelings hurt by his granddaughter, who said he looked like a slugger. He wants you to make him feel better by going just outside town and battering ten of them. So far, you've polished off <val_1>.
Doug, the old man in Coffinwell, asked you to defeat ten sluggers to ease his hurt feelings. You did just that, and he gave you a reward in return. You can do this quest again as many times as you like.
Eggstreme Sports
You've become an apprentice to Tom Foolery, a spirit minstrel at Alltrades Abbey. Your first task is to Egg On your party members into a state of super-high tension five times.
You've become an apprentice to Tom Foolery, a spirit minstrel at Alltrades Abbey. Your first task is to Egg On your party members into a state of super-high tension five times. So far, you're up to <val_1>.
You succeeded in the challenge Tom Foolery set, and received a flamenco shirt and a dancer's dress. You'll be able to take up his next challenge once you reach level forty as a minstrel. You could become the best of the best!
Critical Appraisal
Kevo from Wormwood Creek is looking for a strong warrior to protect his village, and he's wondering if you're it. He wants you to prove yourself by angering two monsters and finishing them off with regular critical hits.
Show Kevo from Wormwood Creek just how formidable you are! He wants you to get two monsters really angry and then finish them off with regular critical hits. So far, you've managed <val_1>!
You showed Kevo from Wormwood Creek that you're a true warrior, and you received a suit of warrior's armour. It sounds like a real battle is waiting for you once you hit level forty, so be sure to go and find Kevo once you make it.
Eggclesiastics
An old man you met down the well in Wormwood Creek wants you to look after his egg. It appears to thrive off its carer's love and affection. All you need to do is defend yourself from attack thirty times, and you'll be a winner.
An old man you met down the well in Wormwood Creek wants you to look after his egg. Just defend yourself from attack thirty times, and you'll be a winner. Running away is a no-no. So far, you've defended yourself <val_1> time<IF_SING val_1><ELSE_NOT_SING>s<ENDIF_SING>.
The old man down the well in Wormwood Creek gave you an ascetic robe and a priestess's pinafore to thank you for taking care of his egg. You'll be able to take care of a very unusual monster when you reach level forty as a priest.
Free the Faerie Two
While staying at the inn in Alltrades Abbey, you had a dream of two faeries, Wanda and Wandine, trapped inside a wand. Equip the faerie staff they gave you and use Frizz to defeat ten monsters and release the faeries from their prison.
The faeries you saw in a dream you had at the inn at Alltrades Abbey have asked you to help them find their way to freedom. You need to equip your faerie staff and defeat ten monsters with Frizz to set them loose. So far, you're up to <val_1>!
You successfully helped the faeries you saw in your dream at Alltrades Abbey, and received a Fizzle-retardant suit and a Fizzle-retardant blouse for your trouble. You'll be able to be even more useful to them once you reach level forty as a mage.
Cry Wolf
Brusque Lee at Alltrades Abbey has set you a challenge to overcome if you want to learn the ultimate secret of the martial arts: make five scarewolves quail with a terrifying War Cry before dealing the final blow!
Brusque Lee at Alltrades Abbey has set you a challenge in return for the ultimate secret of the martial arts: make five scarewolves quail with a terrifying War Cry before dealing the final blow. You've managed <val_1> so far!
You overcame Brusque Lee's challenge and earned yourself some slick slacks. Put your knowledge to good use, and, when you reach level forty as a martial artist, you'll be able to learn the ultimate secret from the Grandmaster himself.
B-Coming One of the B-Team
You met Buster in the pub in Dourbridge, and were invited to join his infamous gang, the B-Team. All you have to do is steal back the tycoon's trove swiped by a hunter mech last seen in the Bad Cave north of Bloomingdale.
You did as Buster asked, and earned yourself a place in the infamous B-Team. You also scored yourself some rogue's robes and roguess's robes into the bargain. It sounds like Buster has another job for you once you reach level forty as a thief.
Prat's the Way to Do It!
Tom Foolery at Alltrades Abbey wants you to get into training to make a special someone laugh by splitting the sides of two monsters with critical Pratfalls first!
Tom Foolery at Alltrades Abbey wants you to get into training to make a special someone laugh by splitting the sides of two monsters with critical Pratfalls. So far, you've managed <val_1>.
You've completed the training Tom Foolery at Alltrades Abbey set you. Now's your big moment. He's asked you to put a smile on the face of a certain someone in the Stornway castle dungeon - someone even he's never managed to make merry.
You managed to prove yourself as a minstrel by putting a smile back on Tom Foolery's son's face, earning yourself a Minstrel's Manual! With this in your inventory, you'll be able to perform a Gritty Ditty.
Warriors Three
Farmer Kevo in Wormwood Creek needs you to protect his hometown! He wants you to get the attention of ten mandrake marauders at the Magmaroo and make them really angry before polishing them off.
Farmer Kevo in Wormwood Creek needs you to protect his hometown! He wants you to get the attention of ten mandrake marauders at the Magmaroo and make them really angry before polishing them off. You're up to <val_1> so far!
Farmer Kevo in Wormwood Creek needs you to protect his hometown! He asked you to get the attention of ten mandrake marauders at the Magmaroo and make them really angry before polishing them off, and you only went and did it!
You defeated the mandrake marauders just like Kevo asked, and Thadeus rewarded you with a scroll entitled <6>Warrior's Workbook<9>. With this in your inventory, you'll sometimes be able to automatically counter an enemy attack!
Nurtural Selection
The old man down the well in Wormwood Creek wants you to mind his monster. When HP gets low, the gauge turns yellow, then orange. Bring party members back from the orange edge twenty times with Moreheal to prove yourself.
The old man in the well in Wormwood Creek wants you to mind his monster. When HP gets low, the gauge turns yellow, then orange. Bring party members back from the orange edge twenty times with Moreheal. You're up to <val_1> so far!
You did a great job looking after the monster for the old man down the well in Wormwood. Now you're a true priest, with a Priest's Primer scroll to prove it! With that among your belongings, you'll have Wave of Relief at your disposal.
Faerie Nearly There
While staying at the inn in Alltrades Abbey, you had a dream of two faeries, Wanda and Wandine, trapped inside a staff. Equip the faerie staff they gave you and defeat ten wight priests with regular attacks to release them.
The faeries you saw in a dream at the inn at Alltrades Abbey have asked you to help them find their way to freedom. Equip your faerie staff and defeat ten wight priests with regular attacks to set them loose. So far, you're up to <val_1>!
You managed to free Wanda and Wandine, and you received a Mage's Manual for your endeavours. With this among your belongings, you'll be able to perform a Weakening Wave!
Slowly, Slowly, Critty Golem
If you want to learn the ultimate secret of the martial arts from the Grandmaster, you'll need to complete his challenge! Defeat three golems with regular critical hits to show your strength.
If you want to learn the ultimate secret of the martial arts from the Grandmaster, you'll have to defeat three golems with regular critical hits. So far, you've polished off <val_1>!
You passed the Grandmaster's test to learn the ultimate secret of the martial arts, and received a Martial Artist's Manual. With this in your inventory, you can carry accumulated tension over into subsequent battles!
Busted
Buster, the thief you met in the pub in Dourbridge, wants you to help him get revenge. He needs you to steal back a lunar diamond from a sorcerer in the basement level of Gerzuun.
You helped Buster exact his revenge, and received a scroll called <6>Thief's Theory<9> in return. With this in your inventory, you'll sometimes steal things automatically!
Gladiator Graduator
A priest at Alltrades Abbey has told you that a gladiator needs not only strength, but also composure. You must demonstrate this by defeating three slimes using Dragon Slash while you're in a state of super-high tension.
A priest at Alltrades Abbey told you that a gladiator needs not only strength, but also composure. Demonstrate this by defeating three slimes using Dragon Slash while in a state of super-high tension. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You proved yourself to the priest at Alltrades Abbey, and you're now versatile enough to venture into the gladiator vocation! You'll be able to take the next gladiator challenge when you reach level fifteen.
Taking Soul Control
Brunhild at the Mirage Mahal wants to see if you've got what it takes to be a paladin. Use the Whipping Boy ability to protect your companions ten times in battle in the Djust Desert.
Brunhild at the Mirage Mahal wants to see if you've got what it takes to be a paladin. You need to use the Whipping Boy ability to protect your companions ten times in battle in the Djust Desert. You've managed it <val_1> times so far.
You successfully completed Brunhild's challenge, and you're now versatile enough to venture into the paladin vocation! When you reach level fifteen, you can rise to her next challenge.
Elementary Training
Windy at Alltrades Abbey says you must use the Fource of Mother Nature if you want to join the great fellowship of the armamentalists. He wants you to erect a Wizard Ward before defeating two metal slimes in battle.
Windy at Alltrades Abbey says you must use the Fource of Mother Nature if you want to join the great fellowship of the armamentalists. Erect a Wizard Ward before defeating two metal slimes in battle. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You passed Windy's challenge easy-breezy, and you're now versatile enough to venture into the armamentalist vocation! You'll be able to undergo the next part of your training once you hit level fifteen.
Ranger Changer
You have been set a challenge by Odval, the ranger you met at the Heights of Loneliness. She wants you to use Toxic Dagger to envenomate three hocus chimaeras and polish them off with poison alone.
You accepted Odval's challenge at the Heights of Loneliness. She wants you to use Toxic Dagger to envenomate three hocus chimaeras and polish them off with poison alone. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You sailed through Odval's challenge. You're now versatile enough to venture into the ranger vocation! Sounds like she'll pass on more tips once you've made it to level fifteen.
Glad to be of Service
You met with a gladiator called Unscrupulus Maximus on a small island just east of Hermany, and he wants you to prove your strength. You'll need to polish off ten drackals with Double Up to satisfy him.
You met with a gladiator called Unscrupulus Maximus on a small island just east of Hermany, and he wants you to prove your strength. You need to polish off ten drackals with Double Up to satisfy him. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You passed Unscrupulus Maximus's challenge with flying colours, and you were rewarded with a tactical vest and a brawling byrnie. Once you reach level forty as a gladiator, it'll be time to take him on for real!
Off the Record
Time to prove who's the most superior paladin: you or Brunhild of the Mirage Mahal. Your task is to defeat three infernal armours with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability.
Time to prove who's the most superior paladin: you or Brunhild of the Mirage Mahal. Your task is to defeat three infernal armours with damage deflected by the Pincushion ability. You're up to <val_1> so far.
You certainly put Brunhild in her place! Not only did you show you were the best paladin, but you also won yourself some holy mail and holy femail. When you reach level forty, it'll be time for a final showdown!
Fource In the Field
Are you ready to take on armamentalist Windy's challenge at Alltrades Abbey? Sap the defence of ten white trigertaurs by two levels, and then defeat them with a regular attack fuelled with Fire Fource!
You've risen to armamentalist Windy's challenge at Alltrades Abbey! He wants you to sap the defence of ten white trigertaurs by two levels, and then defeat them with a regular attack fuelled with Fire Fource. <val_1> down so far!
You whirled through Windy's challenge like a hurricane! You even won a fencing jacket and a fencing frock in the process. Windy has promised to reveal the inner secrets of the Fource to you once you reach level forty.
Hoarse Whisperer
Odval at the Heights of Loneliness says that a true ranger must be able to talk to the animals. She wants you to attract the attention of twenty beasts by angering them, and then calm them down again with Soothe Sayer.
Odval at the Heights of Loneliness says that a true ranger must be able to talk to the animals. She wants you to attract the attention of twenty beasts by angering them, and then calm them down again with Soothe Sayer. You're up to <val_1> so far.
You did as Odval asked, and proved that you can talk to the animals. She gave you a nomadic deel as a reward, and promised to let you in on the ultimate secret of the ranger when you reach level forty.
Challengus Maximus
The gladiator Unscrupulus Maximus on the small island just east of Hermany has issued his final challenge: first, you must subject yourself to envenomation, then you're to use Double Up and finish off three green dragons with Double-Edged Slash.
You've accepted the gladiator Unscrupulus Maximus's final challenge! First you must subject yourself to envenomation, then you're to use Double Up and finish off three green dragons with Double-Edged Slash. You've defeated <val_1> so far.
You passed the gladiator Unscrupulus Maximus's final challenge with flying colours, and earned yourself a Gladiator's Guide. With this in your inventory, you'll sometimes be able to attack twice per turn!
Top-Flight Knight Fight
Time to decide once and for all who's the best: you or Brunhild of the Mirage Mahal! You need to bring a companion with only one health point remaining back from the brink with H-Pathy in five separate battles!
Time to decide once and for all who's the best: you or Brunhild of the Mirage Mahal! You need to bring a companion with only one health point remaining back from the brink with H-Pathy in five separate battles! You're up to <val_1> so far.
You bested Brunhild to prove yourself the premiere paladin, earning yourself a Paladin's Primer. With this in your inventory, you'll be able to use Solar Flair.
The Fource...Forever
Windy at Alltrades Abbey wants you to defeat five monsters with the five Fources: a magmalice with Fire, a great gruffon with Frost, a cumulus rex with Gale, a king slime with Life, and a raving reaper with Funereal.
Windy has bestowed upon you the title of Fource Majeure! You've also been given a copy of the Armamentalist's Album. With this in your inventory, you'll be able to use the Fource on all your allies.
One-Turn Wonder
Odval the ranger at the Heights of Loneliness wants you to show your supreme speed before she'll let you in on the ultimate ranger secret. You'll need to defeat a drakularge in the first turn of battle...and you'll need to do it five times!
Odval the ranger at the Heights of Loneliness wants you to show your supreme speed before she'll let you in on the ultimate ranger secret. You must defeat a drakularge in the first turn of battle...five times! So far, you've felled <val_1>.
You sped your way to success in Odval's challenge, and earned yourself a scroll called <6>Ranger's Revelations<9>. With this in your inventory, you'll be able to perform critical hits more easily in times of trouble.
Putting on the Glitz
You bumped into Glitzy the wandering fashion designer in the inn in Porth Llaffan, and she's asked you to put on a bit of a fashion show for her. Go on, wow her with your best outfit!
You wowed Glitzy with your most outstanding outfit, and she gave you a majestic mantle by way of thanks.
All Fired Up
There's an old man in Dourbridge who needs something to stoke his fire. Anything will do!
You gave the old man in Dourbridge something to keep his fire going, and he gave you one gold coin in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as<line>you like.
Snug as a Thug
A man called Colden from Dourbridge wants you to give him something snug and warm.
Colden from Dourbridge asked you for something snug and warm, and you gave him some lambswool. He was so pleased that he gave you a utility belt in return.
Collapsus's Call
An explorer called Christopher Collapsus wants some special medicine to help him out of a tight spot at the Heights of Loneliness.
You took some special medicine to Christopher Collapsus at the Heights of Loneliness, and he gave you a treasure map in return. Select <6>Items<9> and then <6>Treasure Maps<9> to start treasure-hunting!
Lady of the Dance
You read a book in the Mirage Mahal begging someone to seek out the legendary belly-dancing teacher of the Iluugazar Plains. Apparently, he's very pretty, and always adorned with jewels...
You found the Grand Goodybag, the legendary belly-dancer mentioned in a book in the Mirage Mahal, on the Iluugazar Plains. He saw the makings of a dancer in you, and taught you the <6>Belly Dance<9> party trick.
Fool's Gold
Ruki, a trainee guard from Gleeba, told you about a strange request he'd received. Apparently, the gold golems who roam the Djust Desert want someone to go after the fake gold-plated golem in their midst.
Ruki, a trainee guard from Gleeba, told you all about a strange request he'd received. As per the request, you defeated a gold-plated golem and received a reward. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Wrapper's Delight
Mehdik, a guard from Gleeba, wants you to grab five grubby bandages from some manky mummies.
Mehdik, a guard from Gleeba, wants you to grab five grubby bandages from some manky mummies. Keep clobbering the mummies in the waterways below Gleeba, and the grubby bandages will eventually be yours!
Mehdik, a guard from Gleeba, asked you to grab five grubby bandages from some manky mummies, and you did just that, receiving a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Feathers for a Fan
A young man who hangs around in the dance hall in Gleeba wants you to bring him three hocus chimaera feathers so he can impress Belinda, a girl who struts her stuff there.
Afan, a young man who hangs around in the dance hall in Gleeba wants you to bring him three hocus chimaera feathers so he can impress Belinda, a girl who struts her stuff there. You've got hold of <val_1> so far.
Afan, a young man who hangs around in the dance hall in Gleeba asked you to bring him three hocus chimaera feathers so he could impress Belinda, a girl who struts her stuff there. He was so pleased when you did that he gave you a magical skirt to say thanks.
Desert Foxes
According to the back of a sign you saw just outside Gleeba, a Gleeban beauty who runs a group called the Desert Foxes is looking for ten duneberries that parched peckerels tend to drop.
You followed the request written on the sign just outside Gleeba and took Nivia the Desert Fox ten duneberries. She gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you wish.
Help Meowt Here!
A cat called Meowser in Bloomingdale has meowed a request at you!
You went to visit Meowser while wearing some cat ears, and received a kitty shield from a very happy cat, who was thrilled not to be lonely any more!
Funghi for a Fun Guy
Gus, the artist at the well faraway, wants to create a belle cap paradise. He needs you to bring him three belle caps, which apparently grow on the little island in the sea to the east of Gleeba.
You gave the artist Gus three belle caps, and he gave you a reward for your trouble. Now he's one step closer to creating his belle cap paradise! You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
A Simple Task
A girl called Chuluun from Batsureg wants to know just how simple a Simple Simon and a Simple Simone would be. Attain one or the other accolade and show Chuluun what she needs to see.
You earned the same accolade as one of Chuluun's dear, departed parents, and she was finally able to see what they were once like. She was very happy, and gave you a veteran's helm in return.
Little Miss Bossy Boots
Alchemilla, a pupil at Swinedimples, wants to know if you've got what it takes to enter the academy. It sounds like she'll be satisfied if you just bring her two lots of royal soil.
Alchemilla from Swinedimples wants to know if you've got what it takes to enter the academy. This time she wants some holy water. Apparently you can buy it at an item shop, but she wouldn't give you the money for it.
Alchemilla from Swinedimples wants you to bring her the ingredients she needs for her Alchemy homework. See if you can find her two lots of royal soil.
You gave Alchemilla the ingredients she asked for, and she gave you a reward in return. Thanks to you, she can finish her alchemy homework now. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You passed Alchemilla's test to see if you were a worthy Swinedimples student, and she gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Keep Your Eyes Peeled
Marco, who teaches swordsmanship at Swinedimples, wants to put you to the test. He's asked you to find a red signpost that's somewhere out there in the world, then come back and tell him what's written on it.
Marco, the sword teacher at Swinedimples Academy, wants to test your worth. He's asked you to find the red signpost that's somewhere out there in the world, then come back and tell him what's written on it.
Marco, the sword teacher at Swinedimples Academy, wants to test your worth. Go and give him the message from Swordsworth you found on the back of the red sign on the island north-west of Wormwood Creek.
Marco, the sword teacher at Swinedimples Academy, wants to test your worth. The red sign you found on the island north-west of Wormwood Creek said, <6>The sword is my life.<9>
Marco, the sword teacher at Swinedimples Academy, found you a worthy swordsperson, and rewarded you with a warrior's sword. It sounds like he's got something else to give you once you've honed your sword skill to its utmost.
Operation Mercury
Lance, the spear teacher at Swinedimples Academy, wants you to defeat a monster made up of a pile of three metal slimes that can apparently be found lurking in the Bad Cave north of Bloomingdale.
Lance, the spear teacher at Swinedimples Academy, wants you to defeat three of the monsters made up of a pile of three metal slimes with the Pressure Pointer spear ability. You've spiked <val_1> so far.
You defeated the monsters that were causing Lance the spear teacher such trouble. He gave you a halberd to thank you for your efforts, and wants you to come back again when you've developed your spear skill to the maximum.
Nab the Knife-Nicker
Madame Couteau, the knife teacher at Swinedimples, wants you to retrieve the cooking knife of hers that was stolen by a monster. It sounds like the culprit was a shivery shrubbery who lives somewhere in the vicinity of the academy.
Retrieve Madame Couteau's kitchen knife! When the offending shivery shrubbery is sleeping, polish it off with a Toxic Dagger attack, and it will drop the knife. All that remains for you is to find it!
You retrieved Madame Couteau's stolen kitchen knife, and she gave you an icicle dirk in return. It sounds like she might have something else for you once you've polished your knife skills to perfection.
You Scratch My Back...
There's an old man at Swinedimples Academy who needs his back scratching, but first you'll need to find the perfect wand for the job.
Itchy from Swinedimples has asked you to find the perfect wand for scratching his back. Apparently, the wand in question was last seen in the possession of an old student of his, who now lives in Slurry Quay near Dourbridge.
Itchy from Swinedimples wants you to find the perfect wand for scratching his back. His ex-pupil says he threw it away in Tywll Cave near Porth Llaffan. One of the monsters there probably has it, but which one...?
You took Itchy the backscratcher he had been looking for. He declared you a true master of itch-alleviation, and gave you a brouhaha boomstick. Go and see him again when your wand skills have reached their peak.
Whipping Boy's Wish
Toadie, a pupil at Swinedimples, wants to buy his teacher Mr Whippy a new whip. See if you can find one that he will be happy with.
Toadie, a pupil at Swinedimples, wants to buy his teacher Mr Whippy a new whip. Visit the whipmaker Catwright at the lighthouse near Bloomingdale, and see what she can give you.
Toadie from Swinedimples has asked you to bring him a whip to give his teacher. Catwright from the Blooming Beacon says if you bring her a hammerfang, an item apparently dropped by power hammers, she'll make you one.
Toadie from Swinedimples has asked you to bring him a whip to give his teacher. You've given the hammerfang to Catwright the whipmaker, who has asked you to let Toadie know that the whip will be on its way soon.
You got Toadie the whip that he wanted to give his teacher, but he didn't need it in the end, so you ended up with your very own spiked steel whip. Now Mr Whippy is happy again, perhaps he can teach you something useful...
Staunch the Stench
Paulo from Swinedimples wants you to use the Deliverance staff ability to defeat a stenchurion in the sea to the north of Gleeba, and bring back the mirror it stole from him.
You returned Paulo's mirror of reflection, and received a killer pillar in return.<line>You should pay him another visit when your staff skills have reached their peak.
Rake a Tail Feather
Klaus, the claw teacher at Swinedimples, wants you to find him ten tinny tail feathers. Apparently, robo-robins drop them when they're defeated with Can Opener.
You've agreed to find ten tinny tail feathers for Klaus, the claw teacher at Swinedimples. Robo-robins drop them when they're defeated with Can Opener. You've managed to get <val_1> so far.
You took ten tinny tail feathers to Klaus, the claw teacher at Swinedimples, as requested, and he gave you some kestrel claws in return. You should go back and see him when your claw skills are as good as they can get.
Cool-Fanned Kook
Fanny, a teacher from Swinedimples, has asked you to bring her a freezing feather, an item that monsters in the snowfields apparently sometimes drop. She says she wants to cool herself down by making a fan out of it.
You took a freezing feather to Fanny as requested, and she gave you a White Tiger fan for your trouble. Go back and see her when your fan skill can be improved no further.
Sucking Up to Buckler
Buckler, the shield teacher at Swinedimples, said that if you want to improve your skills, you just need to practise by defending against enemy attacks with your shield.
Buckler from Swinedimples says you should use your shield to defend against ten enemy attacks if you want to improve your shield skills. Your count so far is <val_1>.
You managed to show Buckler that you're talented with your shield, and he gave you a white shield as a reward. He'll be able to help you out again if you come back and see him when your shield skills are practised to the max.
Way of the Fitht
Cecil, the fisticuffs teacher at Swinedimples, wants you to finish off ten wyrtles with the Knuckle Sandwich ability. He's promised you something good in return if you manage it!
Cecil, the fisticuffs teacher at Swinedimples, has promised a good reward if you finish off ten wyrtles with Knuckle Sandwich. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You passed Cecil's fisticuffs test with flying colours, and received a tough guy tattoo as a reward. He's promised to let you in on the final secret of fisticuffs when your skill in the art has been honed to its peak.
Bring Oi Back Me Axe
A man from Swinedimples wants you to retrieve his axe from a strange purple tree that runs around. It sounds like the tree is hanging around in the marshland south of the Iluugazar Plains.
Max, the axe teacher at Swinedimples, needs you to retrieve his axe from a strange moving tree. Find a purple tree in the marshland south of the Iluugazar Plains and make it suffer. If it's the culprit, it should drop the axe.
You managed to retrieve the axe for Max, the axe teacher at Swinedimples, and he gave you a pro's axe in return. Don't forget to go back and see him again when your axe skills hit the top of the chops.
Mallet's Mallet
A pupil at Swinedimples has confided to you that she broke a hammer she was supposed to be looking after for her teacher. You should be able to find some information in the library that will help you to fix it.
Bumbles from Swinedimples has confessed to you that she broke her teacher's hammer. You should be able to find some information in the library that will help you to fix it.
You managed to fix the hammer that Bumbles from Swinedimples had broken. Its owner, Mrs Mallet, gave you a terra firmer to say thanks, and also promised to give you a special lesson once your hammer skills have been perfected.
Comeback Kid
A student at Swinedimples is troubled, and wants you to defeat a metal slime with a Power Throw to prove your boomerang skills. Once you've done that, it sounds like he has something else he needs to ask you to do.
Boomer has asked you to help him out on his boomerang test. He wants you to be on standby on the bridge in the snowfields west of Swinedimples so that you can throw his boomerang back to him at just the right moment.
You went to help Boomer with his boomerang test, but he managed to pass by himself! The generous lad still gave you an eaglewing anyway. Come back to Swinedimples again when your boomerang skills have soared to the highest heights.
Beautiful Bowginnings
Archie, the bow teacher at Swinedimples, says you have to have beautiful, fluid muscles if you want to be a master archer, and apparently, the way to build up your muscles is to trounce ten peckerels with Flutter Disaster.
Archie, the bow teacher at Swinedimples, says you have to have beautiful, fluid muscles if you want to be a master archer. Apparently, the way to build up your muscles is to trounce ten peckerels with Flutter Disaster. You've got <val_1> so far.
You managed to get the beautiful, fluid muscles of a master archer, just as Archie asked. He gave you a billowing bow in recognition of your skills. Go back and see him when your bow skill can blossom<line>no further.
Turn in Your Badges
Marco, the sword teacher at Swinedimples, wants you to take his graduation exam. Find all the badges he's hidden around the world to pass!
Marco, the sword teacher at Swinedimples, wants you to take his graduation exam. Find all five of the badges he hid around the world in the order he hid them to secure a pass.
You passed Marco's graduation exam with honours, and were awarded a book called <6>Swordcraft in Summary<9> for your efforts. With the book in your inventory, you'll be able to use Gigagash.
Operation Multithrust
Lance, the spear teacher from Swinedimples, says he'll teach you the ultimate spear ability if you pass his test. Use Multithrust to defeat two or more gloomy gastropogs in one go. Do this five times, and you've passed!
You've agreed to take on Lance's final spear exam. He wants you to use Multithrust to defeat two or more gloomy gastropogs in one go...five times! So far, you've managed <val_1>.
Success! You managed to pass Lance's final spear exam, and were awarded with a book called <6>Clear Spear Theory<9> for your efforts. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Lightning Storm.
Spice Up Your Knife
Madame Couteau has set you one last test before she'll initiate you in the ultimate knowledge of the knife: you must finish off an envenomated bad karmour with Victimiser in ten separate battles.
Can you pass Madame Couteau's test and gain access to the ultimate knife knowledge? Your task is to finish off an envenomated bad karmour with Victimiser in ten separate battles. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You made short work of Madame Couteau's final test, and she rewarded you with a book called <6>Knifing Know-How<9>. Pop it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Persecutter.
Look, Back in Anger
Itchy, the wand teacher at Swinedimples, has hurt his back while trying to show you his greatest secret. He needs you to get a special remedy from Fanny and bring it to him as soon as you can.
Itchy, the wand teacher at Swinedimples, needs a medicine made of molten magma and toad oil. Hurry up and find the ingredients! Monsters that live in hot places sometimes drop molten magma.
You fixed up Itchy with the medicine he needed, and he felt well enough to pass on a book called <6>Wands and Beyond<9>. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Zing Stick.
Mr Whippy's Wish
If you want to learn a new skill from Swinedimples' Mr Whippy, you'll need to pass his test first. Meet with the whipmaker Catwright at the Blooming Beacon and follow her instructions.
You've accepted Mr Whippy's challenge. Now for Catwright's instructions: equip a leather whip and use it to finish off a drastic drackal and a dreadful drackal.
You accepted Mr Whippy's challenge, and carried out Catwright's instructions to the letter. Catwright gave you a parcel as proof of your success, and now all you need to do is take it to Mr Whippy.
You passed Mr Whippy's test! He presented you with a book called <6>Working with Whips<9> in recognition of your achievement. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Serpent's Bite.
Jump for Joy
Paulo's dear, departed darling Joy wants you to find a supreme scripture on the secrets of the staff and give it to Swinedimples' long-suffering staff teacher to cheer him up.
Joy wants you to find a supreme scripture on the secrets of the staff and give it to Swinedimples' long-suffering staff teacher Paulo to cheer him up. Defeat Nemean with a regular attack from the weakest staff, and it's all yours.
You did as Joy asked, and retrieved the secret staff scripture for Paulo. He was so pleased that he gave you <6>Staff Studies<9> for your very own. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Counter Wait.
Talonted Trio
Klaus, the claw teacher at Swinedimples, has said that if you want him to give you the book detailing the ultimate claw ability, you must gain the respect of his three monster apprentices. Defeat each of them with your claws to do so.
Time to take on Klaus's challenge and defeat his three apprentices with your claws. The first has sharp talons and looks like a wolf. He's somewhere near the Snowberian coast, to the south of Swinedimples.
You're in the middle of Klaus's challenge. He wants you to defeat his three apprentices with your claws. The second apprentice is a man-like monster with iron claws, who's currently lurking in a palace dungeon somewhere.
Time to finish off Klaus's challenge! He wants you to defeat his three apprentices with your claws. The final apprentice lives at the ends of the ocean and has huge, hardy claws and a rock-solid shell.
You took on Klaus's challenge and succeeded in defeating all three of his apprentices. <6>The Core of the Claw<9> is now yours! Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Hand of God.
Oh, the Indignity
Fanny from Swinedimples says she'll only go to the trouble of telling you something useful if you first go and defeat a liquid metal slime with Fan Dango. What could it be that she's going to teach you?
You've accepted Fanny's challenge. But before you take it on, you need to put on some bunny ears and a bunny tail and show them to her.
You've accepted Fanny's challenge. Now you've got your bunny ears and bunny tail on, you need to go and defeat a liquid metal slime with Fan Dango!
You did as Fanny asked, and defeated a liquid metal slime while dressed as a bunny, earning yourself a book called <6>Further Fanmanship<9>. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to do the Hustle Dance.
Buckler's Buckler
Buckler, the shield teacher at Swinedimples, wants you to finish off ten killing machines with Blockenspiel. If you manage it, he'll recognise you as his apprentice.
You've agreed to take on Buckler's challenge, and must defeat ten killing machines with Blockenspiel. So far, you've managed <val_1>.
You completed Buckler's challenge, and he accepted you as his apprentice, presenting you with a book called <6>Secrets of the Shield<9>. Put it in your inventory, and you're guaranteed to guard against critical hits with your shield.
One Latht Tetht
Cecil, the fisticuffs teacher at Swinedimples, will give you the book containing the final secret of fisticuffing, but not before you've travelled to the tenth level or below of a grotto wearing no equipment and defeated fifty foes with regular attacks.
Cecil wants you to defeat fifty monsters with regular attacks on the tenth level of a grotto or below while wearing no equipment. Only then will he give you the book containing the final secret of fisticuffing. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You passed Cecil's final test, and he presented you with a book called <6>Fearsome Fisticuffing<9>. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Miracle Moon.
'Atchet Job
Max, the axe teacher at Swinedimples, is impatient for you to defeat three magmalices, three stone guardians and three bad karmours using Hatchet Man.
Max, the axe teacher at Swinedimples, is impatient for you to defeat three magmalices, three stone guardians and three bad karmours using Hatchet Man. So far you've managed <val_1> magmalice<IF_SING val_1><ELSE_NOT_SING>s<ENDIF_SING>, <val_3> stone guardian<IF_SING val_3><ELSE_NOT_SING>s<ENDIF_SING> and <val_2> bad karmour<IF_SING val_2><ELSE_NOT_SING>s<ENDIF_SING>.
Max is now absolutely convinced of your aptitude with the axe, and has given you a book called <6>Advanced Axecraft<9> as a reward. With this in your inventory, you'll be able to use Whopper Chop.
To Shell and Back
Mrs Mallet from Swinedimples wants to teach you the ultimate hammer ability, but first you'll need to defeat a liquid metal slime with Bagsy Last while wearing a tortoise shell.
You passed Mrs Mallet's challenge, and received a book called <6>Hardcore Hammering<9> in return. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use<line>Big Banga.
Brave the Caves
Kylie, a student at Swinedimples, wants you to take on the boomerang teacher's challenge, but first you'll have to find out what it is! Apparently, it's written on a piece of paper hidden somewhere in the art room.
Now Kylie wants you to carry out the boomerang teacher's challenge. According to the piece of paper, you have to travel to three perilous caves and defeat their monster masters with boomerang attacks.
You passed the boomerang teacher's challenge, and it turned out that Kylie was the teacher all along! She presented you with a book called <6>The Boomerang Bible<9>. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Gigathrow.
Beauty and Beyond
Archie, the bow teacher at Swinedimples, has promised to let you in on the ultimate archery ability if you pass his two trials. First, he wants you to defeat ten boss trolls with the Rain of Pain ability.
Archie, the bow teacher at Swinedimples, has promised to let you in on the ultimate archery ability if you pass his two trials. First, he wants you to defeat ten boss trolls with the Rain of Pain ability. You've managed <val_1> so far.
Archie, the bow teacher at Swinedimples, has promised to let you in on the ultimate archery ability if you pass his two trials. First, he wants you to defeat ten boss trolls with the Rain of Pain ability, and you've only gone and done it!
You're halfway to learning Archie's ultimate archery ability. You just have one more trial to overcome: get hold of some wonder pants!
You managed to succeed in both of Archie's challenges, and you received a book called <6>Archery for the Adept<9> in return. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Shining Shot.
Muffled Admiration
A warrior from Wormwood Creek wants you to pass on some handmade scarves he made for a selection of sanguinis.
Scarface from Wormwood Creek wants you to pass on some scarves he made as gifts: one each for a teeny sanguini, a pink sanguini and a genie sanguini. You'll have to fight them first to quieten them down.
You passed on the handmade scarves to the sanguinis just as Scarface asked, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You Shouldn't Have...Really
Chanterelle from Angel Falls wants you to bring her some mushrooms that she can use to make a packed lunch for her father, who is busy with his research.
Chanterelle from Angel Falls wants you to bring her some mushrooms that she can use to make a packed lunch for her father who is busy with his research. She'd like five belle caps and five fisticups.
You took Chanterelle the mushrooms she needed for her father's packed lunch. Now she'd like you to deliver the feast of fungus to her father at the Hexagon.
You took Chanterelle the mushrooms she needed for her father's packed lunch, and then delivered it to him. He...said he was very touched by her efforts. You should go and tell her the good news.
You took Chanterelle the ingredients she needed for her father's packed lunch, and then delivered it to him. When you went back to tell her, she gave you a prayer ring to thank you for your help.
Our Precious Precious
Pauline, a woman you bumped into at the mountain pass, wants you to help find her children's beloved pet, Precious.
Pauline, a woman you bumped into at the mountain pass, wants you to help find her children's beloved pet, Precious. Apparently, Precious is very shy, and won't come out unless he feels safe.
You went hunting for Pauline's children's pet, Precious, and when you finally struck lucky, he turned out to be a cute little slime wearing a red collar!
You found Pauline's children's pet, Precious, and it turned out that he was a cute little slime with a red collar! Pauline gave you a seed of skill in return.
Warbling Wellard
Thick-voiced thug Wellard from Zere wants you to bring him some birdsong nectar.
You took some birdsong nectar to Wellard in Zere. Pleased with his new singsong voice, he gave you a Gleeban gold piece in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you wish.
Pick Me Up a Panacea
Bill, a scholar from Stornway, wants you to make him some panacea. Apparently you can make it using alchemy.
Make some panacea for Bill in Stornway. The ingredients you need are: some special medicine, some superior medicine and a moonwort bulb.
You used special medicine, superior medicine and a moonwort bulb to make some panacea for Bill in Stornway. He gave you a Gleeban guinea in return, and shared some recipe tips with you.
Moving House
There's an old man in Stornway who's trying with all his might to move his house. He wants you to take his strength ring and use alchemy to make it into a raging ruby instead.
You took the strength ring from the old man in Stornway who's trying to move his house. Now you just need to use alchemy to turn it into a raging ruby.
An old man in Stornway needed help moving his house, so you used alchemy to turn his strength ring into a raging ruby and help him out. He gave you a life ring in return.
Research Assistant
Earnan, a historian from Stornway Castle, has asked you to help him by searching the castle for any ancient manuscripts that might mention the lost kingdom of Brigadoom.
You agreed to help the historian Earnan by looking for ancient manuscripts, and found a crumpled piece of paper stuck to the bottom of a chest in the treasure chamber. Take it to him and see what he says!
You brought Earnan a crumpled piece of paper after he asked you to look for ancient manuscripts. He wasn't impressed, but is curious anyway. Now he needs you to bring him three lots of magic water so he can decipher what's written on it.
You helped Earnan from Stornway Castle to find an ancient manuscript. It turned out to be a page from a diary with some unbelievable things written on it. Earnan gave you three seeds of sorcery for your trouble.
The Not-So-Great Escape
There's a prisoner in the cell in the well in Coffinwell who wants you to bring him some hammer handrills to help him<line>break out!
A prisoner in the cell in the well in Coffinwell asked you to bring him some hammer handrills to help him break out. On receipt of the goods, he gave you an unhappy hat.
Big-Headed Bard
A poet in Coffinwell called Earnest wants you to find him a bolt of technicolour dreamcloth. Once you've found it, he wants you to present it to the nun in the church, along with a love poem he wrote for her.
Earnest asked you to take a bolt of technicolour dreamcloth and a love poem to the nun at the church in Coffinwell. Unfortunately, she was only interested in the dreamcloth, but Earnest gave you an elfin charm to say thanks anyway.
A Masky Task
A woman in Stornway wants to see if you can make a malleable mask even more beautiful with alchemy. She said she would be happy enough just to see the result, but if you give it to her, she'll swap it for a jaguarment.
Malinda from Stornway wants to see if you can make a malleable mask even more beautiful with alchemy. She said she would be happy enough just to see the result, but if you give it to her, she'll swap it for a jaguarment.
You showed Malinda in Stornway that a malleable mask can be made into a papillon mask using alchemy. She gave you some stiletto heels to say thank you, and also swapped the papillon mask for a jaguarment.
You showed Malinda in Stornway that a malleable mask can be made into a papillon mask using alchemy, and she gave you some stiletto heels to say thank you.
Spud-She-Like
A woman in Stornway wants you to make her a sunstone. She says you can make one using mirrorstones, lucida shards and Hephaestus' flames, but she doesn't know how many you'll need of each ingredient.
Alison from Stornway wants you to make her a sunstone. She says you can make one using mirrorstones, lucida shards and Hephaestus' flames, but she doesn't know how many you'll need of each ingredient.
You made a sunstone for Alison in Stornway, and she gave you some saint's ashes in return.
Mantle <`a> La Mode
Stornway fashion designer Kalvin wants you to make him a macabre mantle. He says he'd be happy enough just to see it, but he'll swap it for a lunar fan if you're willing to actually give it to him.
You showed Stornway fashion designer Kalvin a macabre mantle, and he swapped it for a lunar fan.
You showed Stornway fashion designer Kalvin a macabre mantle, and he gave you a seed of deftness by way of thanks.
Man Eating Vegetables
A worried woman in the village shop in Angel Falls wants you to earn the <6>Herbalist<9> accolade and hopefully set her mind at rest.
Veginia, a worried woman in the village shop in Angel Falls, wants you to earn the <6>Herbalist<9> accolade and hopefully set her mind at rest.
You earned the <6>Herbalist<9> accolade, and Veginia from the village shop in Angel Falls was relieved to see that, no matter how much her husband likes vegetables, he probably won't turn green. She gave you some Yggdrasil dew to say thanks.
Style Gooru
Researcher Dr Slimon in Angel Falls wants you to find him a style gooru among the slimes who inhabit the area.
Researcher Dr Slimon in Angel Falls wants you to find him a style gooru among the slimes who inhabit the area. If you defeat a slime and it drops a fashionable flower, that's your style gooru.
You found a style gooru for Dr Slimon in Angel Falls, and gave him the goododendron that the slime dropped. He gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
DROPPED
Letter Getter
A man in Stornway needs you to retrieve a woman's final letter from a bling badger and deliver it to a boy named Bryson.
Rufus from Stornway needs you to retrieve a woman's final letter and deliver it to a boy named Bryson in a place called Porth something. Defeat a bling badger in a grotto with lots of water, and you may well find the letter.
You retrieved the letter for Rufus and delivered it to the mayor's son, Bryson, in Porth Llaffan. You received a glombolero in return.
Maid to Wait
There's an old man called Gulliver in Stornway who seems to have been waiting for a maid to come and visit him for fifty years...
You showed Gulliver in Stornway the maid he'd been waiting half a century for. His granddaughter gave you a halo by way of thanks.
Puttin' 'Em in Platinum
A Climber for a Climber
Mrs Tofferton, the richest lady in Coffinwell, wants you to find her a beardy weirdy. Apparently, it's fashionable among certain circles to keep one as a pet.
Mrs Tofferton from Coffinwell wants you to bring her a beardy weirdy with a beard at least one hundred centimetres long. You can get them to fall from the treevils they like to hang around in by using Stone's Throw.
You managed to procure a beardy weirdy for Mrs Tofferton of Coffinwell to keep as a pet. Happy to see that its beard was longer than one hundred centimetres, she gave you a reward. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Tale of the Paper Trail
A worried mother wants you to find her son's test paper, which has blown off somewhere outside of Coffinwell.
Worried mum Jade from Coffinwell wants you to find her son Lionel's test paper, which has blown off somewhere outside<line>of town.
Worried mum Jade from Coffinwell asked you to find her son Lionel's test paper, which blew off outside of town. You've managed to find one piece so far, which reads, <6>0 points<9>.
Worried mum Jade from Coffinwell asked you to find her son Lionel's test paper, which blew off outside of town. The first piece you found reads, <6>0 points<9> and the second reads, <6>Lion<9>.
Worried mum Jade from Coffinwell asked you to find her son Lionel's test paper, which blew off outside of town. You managed to find all three pieces, which read: <6>0 points<9>, <6>Lion<9> and <6>el 10<9>.
Worried mum Jade from Coffinwell asked you to find her son Lionel's test paper, which blew off outside of town, and you found every piece of it for her. Lionel's score was one hundred points! You received a brainy bracer in return.
Dozy Mayor
A man in Porth Llaffan wants you to help wake Mayor Bryce from the deep sleep he fell into following a shock. Unfortunately, he has no idea what will rouse him.
A man in Porth Llaffan asked you to help wake Mayor Bryce, so you gave him some Angel's Tears. The Mayor now seems to be on the mend. You received a seed of magic for your efforts.
A Task for a Cask
You heard a voice from inside a barrel on Slurry Quay. Whoever it is seems to be in need of water.
You heard a voice from inside a barrel on Slurry Quay asking for water. You poured some holy water into the barrel, but it doesn't seem to have been enough...
You heard a voice from inside a barrel on Slurry Quay asking for water. You poured some holy water and some fresh water into the barrel, but it still doesn't seem to have been enough...
You poured some holy water, fresh water and magic water into the barrel on Slurry Quay, and made a thirsty fish very happy. You received a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You helped out a fish in a barrel on Slurry Quay by fetching it some holy water, fresh water and magic water, and received a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Rock On!
Rock-obsessed Rocky from Zere Rocks wants you to show him a resurrock, an enchanted stone and an agate of evolution.
You showed rock-obsessed Rocky from Zere Rocks a resurrock, an enchanted stone and an agate of evolution. He was so happy that he gave you a rusty shield in return.
Tall Order Cook
Fry, the chef at the Mirage Mahal kitchen, wants you to ask farmer George Crofter from Zere to send lots of vegetables!
You passed on the message to George Crofter in Zere that the chef at the Mirage Mahal wants more vegetables. You gave Crofter some horse manure and cowpat, and he assured you he'd send on the vegetables as soon as he could.
You passed on the message to George Crofter in Zere that Fry from the Mirage Mahal wanted more vegetables. He sent them along, and you received a Gleeban gold piece for helping out. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Oil Get It!
A peddler called Peregrine in Gleeba has asked you to fetch some turbo toad oil. You can get hold of some by defeating an expload with a critical attack.
You got hold of some turbo toad oil for Peregrine, the peddler you met in Gleeba, and he gave you a handsome reward for it! You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
A Martyr to His Ma
A soldier called Walter from Gleeba wants you to get hold of some sainted soma and deliver it to his dear old mother in Wormwood Creek.
You got some sainted soma for Walter from Gleeba and took it to his mother in Wormwood Creek. The thrilled old lady has now given you a package to pass on to Walter to thank him for his thoughtfulness.
You took some sainted soma for Gleeban soldier Walter to his mother in Wormwood Creek, then delivered a package from her back to him. You were rewarded with an ethereal stone. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Confession of Cin's
Sister Cindy at the church in Bloomingdale wants you to defeat a blood mummy and retrieve a dead man's dagger for her.
Sister Cindy at the church in Bloomingdale wants you to retrieve a dead man's dagger. She says she thinks a blood mummy somewhere in the Bowhole has it.
You retrieved a dead man's dagger for Sister Cindy, and she gave you a seed of therapeusis in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you wish.
All Dolled Up
Enkh from Batsureg needs you to recover Batkhaan's doll. You have to search the Iluugazar Plains for a brainy badboon and use Half-Inch after putting the beast to sleep. If you're lucky, you'll be able to snatch back the doll.
You returned Batkhaan's doll as requested by Enkh. It seems that the doll was a gift Batkhaan made for Bayarmaa. Batkhaan gave you an einh<:a>nder by way of thanks.
Magmalice Mania
Hordy from Wormwood Creek wants you to get him a magmalice handprint.
Hordy from Wormwood Creek wants you to get him a magmalice handprint. He's given you a big bit of paper. If you're lucky, you should be able to get a magmalice handprint by defeating a magmalice at the Magmaroo.
You brought Hordy the magmalice handprint he wanted. He was over the moon about being able to outdo his rival, Stasha, and gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Moai Memorabilia
Stasha from Wormwood Creek wants you to get her a mega moai headprint.
Stasha from Wormwood Creek wants you to get her a mega moai headprint. She's given you a big bit of paper. If you're lucky, you should be able to get a print by defeating a mega moai at the Magmaroo.
You brought Stasha the mega moai headprint she wanted. She was over the moon about being able to outdo her rival, Hordy, and gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Mummy's Little Hero
A boy at the Pool of Spirits near Angel Falls wants you to bring him a wakerobin.
Timmy, the boy you met at the Pool of Spirits near Angel Falls, wants you to bring him a wakerobin.
You took a wakerobin to Timmy at the Pool of Spirits, and he gave you a rockbomb shard in return.
Nicholas's Necklace
Nicholas, who lives on a small island east of Stornway, wants you to retrieve a memento of his lost love Anabella, which he says was stolen by a man named Woody Nickitt.
You retrieved the memento necklace for Nicholas, who lives on a small island east of Stornway. He was very pleased, and gave you a seed of defence in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you wish.
Not Nicholas's Necklace
Woody Nickitt, who lives on a small island east of Stornway, wants you to retrieve the memento of his lost love, Anabella, that he says was stolen by a man named Nicholas.
You retrieved a memento necklace for Woody Nickitt, who lives on a small island east of Stornway. He was very pleased, and gave you a seed of agility in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you wish.
Fixing the Sicklops
A boy you met at the lakeside tree on Newid Isle wants you to cure a sick cyclops. Go to a grotto and fight Atlas until his HP is seven hundred or below, and then steal his titanic tincture.
A boy you met at the lakeside tree on Newid Isle asked you to cure a sick cyclops. You gave him some titanic tincture, the cyclops was cured, and you received a treasure map in return.
Brian's Dyin' Wish
A scrap of paper you found on a corpse in a cave on an island off the Cringle Coast implores you to locate a sea captain who set off across the sea in search of a certain grotto. Some salamarauders were apparently going to the very same grotto.
You read the letter you retrieved from a salamarauder to the corpse in the cave on the island off the Cringle Coast. On the back of the letter, you discovered a treasure map.
Runny Bunny
Shanice, the bunny girl in the northern well at the top of the mountain in Eastern Wormwood, wants you to bring her some shoes that will help her run as fast as a metal slime.
You took Shanice, the bunny girl in Eastern Wormwood, some shoes that will make her as fast as a metal slime, and she gave you a Venus' tear in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
That Makes Scents
You bumped into Myrrhia, maid to King Considerate, in the southern well at the top of the mountain in Eastern Wormwood. She wants you to bring her some nice-smelling ingredients.
Myrrhia from the southern well at the top of the mountain in Eastern Wormwood has asked you to bring her something calming, something sweet-smelling and something spicy, yet suspicious, for an incense for King Considerate.
You gave Myrrhia, King Considerate's maid, the ingredients she had asked for. The resulting incense raised King Considerate's spirits, and you received an enchanted stone. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Mager Migraine
The Grand Wizard Cephalgernon in the well in Western Wormwood says he'll grant you a wish if you bring him some hexite. Find and defeat Shogum in his grotto lair to come up with the goods!
You took some hexite to the Grand Wizard Cephalgernon. He gave you a lucida shard in return, saying he knows it's what you were really wishing for deep down. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Stella is aboard the Starflight Express, and she has a favour to ask you.
I Would Do Anyfang for Love
Nergui at the hunters' yurts needs your help to woo a girl he's keen on. Defeat a drakulord in three turns or less to win a drakulord's tooth for him.
You got a drakulord's tooth for Nergui at the hunters' yurts, but he ended up inadvertently winning his beloved's hand by his own efforts instead. Still, he was so happy that he gave you some riotous wristbands for your trouble anyway.
Someone's in need of help at the hunters' yurts north of Batsureg.
Marey Questmas
Chris Cringle, who lives on a small island off the Cringle Coast, is interested in heavenly horseshoes. You can get hold of them by defeating a tantamount within five turns.
Chris Cringle, who lives on a small island off the Cringle Coast, wants you to bring him eight heavenly horseshoes. You can get hold of them by defeating a tantamount within five turns.
You took eight heavenly horseshoes to Chris Cringle on his little island off the Cringle Coast, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
There's someone in need of help on the small island north of Swinedimples Academy.
Sages in the Pages
The Supreme Sage, who sleeps between the pages of a book on the shelves of Gittingham Palace, asked if you'd like to become a sage too. To do so, you have to finish off five great trolls with Frizz.
The Supreme Sage, who sleeps between the pages of a book on the shelves of Gittingham Palace, asked if you'd like to become a sage too. To do so, you have to finish off five great trolls with Frizz. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You passed the test set by the Supreme Sage, who sleeps in a book in Gittingham Palace. You're now versatile enough to venture into the sage vocation! He also said he's got some special clothes to give you when you reach level fifteen.
The bookshelves of Gittingham Palace are calling you.
Sagier and Pagier
The Supreme Sage, who sleeps between the pages of a book on the shelves of Gittingham Palace, set you a task in order to receive the clothes he promised. You must finish off Equinox, a beast who can be found in a grotto, using Bang.
You passed the test set by the Supreme Sage, and received a sage's robe for doing so. But why does he sleep between the pages of a book in Gittingham Palace? Reach level forty as a sage, and he might just tell you...
Engaging the Sage
If you want to know the Supreme Sage's most sacred secret, you'll have to put on a real command performance. Finish Atlas off with Zam to satisfy the absent-minded, book-dwelling mystic from Gittingham Palace.
You successfully saw through the Supreme Sage's final task, and received the Sage's Scripture for your efforts. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Twocus Pocus. It seems he turned himself into a book to ensnare a great evil...
Prayermongering
Enid, a spirit you met at the Pool of Spirits near Angel Falls, wants you to fill a piece of gratite with the power of heartfelt thanks by succeeding in five or more other quests.
You filled the gratite with the power of heartfelt thanks just as Enid at the Pool of Spirits asked, and she gave you a token of her own gratitude. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
There's someone in need of help on the high plateau to the north-east of<line>Angel Falls.
A Star is Born
Applaudia in Gleeba says that the path to becoming a great luminary is paved with blood, sweat and tears. She wants you to defeat a moai minstrel with the Hot Lick ability to prove your worth.
Give yourself a round of applause! You've proved yourself to be a star by completing Applaudia's challenge, and you're now versatile enough to venture into the luminary vocation! Hit level fifteen, and there's another trial waiting for you.
Someone seems to be waiting for you in Gleeba.
Sign for Your Supper
Applaudia in Gleeba says you have to come up with an autograph that will really woo the fans. She says you should showcase your signing skills by flooring a monster with a critical Autograph attack.
It must be a sign! You passed Applaudia's autograph challenge like a true pro, and received a star's suit in recognition of your greatness. There's another trial waiting for you when you reach level forty as a luminary.
Your Time to Shine
Time for Applaudia from Gleeba's final challenge: use Extreme Makeover to optimise your appeal, then employ Eyes on Me to attract ten moai minstrels' attention before exterminating them.
You have accepted Applaudia's final challenge: use Extreme Makeover to optimise your appeal, then employ Eyes on Me to attract ten moai minstrels' attention before exterminating them. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You gave an accomplished performance on the stage of battle, and Applaudia has seen that you're now a true superstar! You received a scroll called <6>Luminary's Lore<9>. Put it in your inventory, and you'll be able to use Gold Rush.
Plum Duffer
Duff, a peddler from Gleeba, wants you to retrieve the evidence that the plums his wife packed for him were eaten by seasaurs. It seems that eating them made the seasaurs turn into seaverns.
Duff wants you to retrieve the evidence that the plums his wife packed for him were eaten by seasaurs, which turned them into seaverns. Find a watery grotto and defeat ten seaverns there to secure the evidence. You've managed <val_1> so far.
You retrieved ten plum stones from the seaverns of the watery grotto for Duff. His plums weren't to blame after all, but you received a reward anyway for your help. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Somebody in Gleeba is feeling troubled.
Poison Needle 1 Ow 1
Troubled teacher Vena from Swinedimples Academy has set you some homework. She wants you to defeat a master moosifer with a poison needle by inflicting just one point of damage.
Troubled teacher Vena from Swinedimples Academy has set you some homework. She wants you to defeat a master moosifer with a poison needle by inflicting just one point of damage <--> don't just defeat it any old how!
You scored top marks on your homework for Vena of Swinedimples Academy. She gave you a reward for your efforts. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
There's someone in need of help in the old part of Swinedimples Academy.
A Cloudless Skye
A girl called Skye from Upover wants you to bring her a cloud. Apparently, if you make a miracle happen, you might just be able to touch one.
A girl called Skye from Upover wants you to bring her a cloud as big as a cumulus rex. Apparently, if you make a miracle happen, you might just be able to touch one.
You made a miracle happen and brought Skye a clump of cloud. She was so pleased to be able to touch a fluffy cloud that she gave you an astral plume in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like. The sky's the limit!
Someone wants to ask you a favour over in Upover.
Bert's Berfday
Bert at the inn in Bloomingdale wants you to get him a birthday cake and a party popper.
You took a birthday cake and a party popper to Bert at the inn in Bloomingdale, and then joined him in celebrating his birthday. He gave you a pair of fingerless gloves as a show of gratitude.
Someone in Bloomingdale wants to ask you a favour.
Tree-Hugging Titan
A cyclops at the lakeside tree on Newid Isle wants you to sort out a gigantes that keeps damaging the tree. GRAARRRRGHH! Fight the gigantes until it's on its last legs and then show it Mercy by letting it go.
You helped out the cyclops at the lakeside tree on Newid Isle by scaring off the vandal gigantes. GRAARRRRGHH! The cyclops gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You can hear a giant's voice shouting on the high plateau to the south-east of Alltrades Abbey.<line>GRAARRRRGHH! GRAARRRRGHH!
Bleats Me
A sheep is bleating furiously atop the high plateau above the Lonely Coast.<line>Baa baa. Baa. Baa baa?
A sheep is bleating furiously atop the high plateau above the Lonely Coast.<line>Baa baa. Baa. Baa baa?<line>What is it that Baabara wants?
Thanks for playing along for so long! We hope you've been enjoying DQIX, and all the new features! Keep on role-playing, in life and in games, and keep on Dragon Questing! Best wishes from Yuji Horii and all the team.
You can hear a sheep bleating on the high plateau above the Lonely Coast.
When Tax Attacks
Herman from Hermany wants you to pay his sixty gold coin town council tax bill for him.
Herman from Hermany wants you to pay his sixty gold coin town council tax bill for him. The person who delivers the letters from the council comes in the middle of the night and makes a clanking noise outside the house.
You met with the tax collector who has been delivering Herman the unwanted letters from the council, and he gave you a wizard's hat for your trouble.
Someone on the high plateau due south of Swinedimples Academy is in need of help.
EXTERMINATE!
You found a letter announcing the beginning of the metal slime hunting season in the house on the high plateau in Hermany. Beat three or more metal slimes in one battle on the high plateau near Angel Falls three times to earn a reward.
You decided to go metal slime hunting after reading about it at the house in Hermany. You must defeat three or more metal slimes in one battle three times on the high plateau near Angel Falls to claim your reward. You've done it <val_1> times so far.
You decided to go metal slime hunting after reading about the season starting at the house in Hermany. You were successful, and received the promised grade V92 reward. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
A letter has been delivered to the house on the high plateau due south of Swinedimples Academy.
Well Forgetful
C. Nile, the man in the sealed well in the Urdus Marshland, wants you to collect some cannibelle rage to break the seal that binds him. Take the rankened phial and make ten cannibelles angry enough to single you out for punishment.
C. Nile, the man in the sealed well in the Urdus Marshland, wants you to collect some cannibelle rage to break the seal that binds him. You've been singled out for punishment by <val_1> of the ten cannibelles needed to fill the rankened phial so far.
You collected some cannibelle rage for C. Nile, who's stuck down the well in the Urdus Marshland, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Somebody needs your help in the marshland south of Batsureg.
Pants Macabre
The skeleton Nick O'Less in the cave in the Wyrmtail wants you to retrieve his pants for him. Make a cumulus hex laugh with a Pratfall to get your chance to steal the grundies back.
You retrieved the skeleton Nick O'Less's grundies for him from a cumulus hex, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You can hear a loud panting noise coming from a high plateau to the south-east of Upover.
Someone in Porth Llaffan wants to ask a favour.
Pushy Peddler
A suspicious-looking trader in a cave on the Lonely Coast says he'll give you a treasure map if you bring him an ethereal stone.
Selwyn, a suspicious-looking trader in a cave on the Lonely Coast, has promised to give you a treasure map if you bring him an ethereal stone.
Selwyn, the suspicious-looking trader in the cave on the Lonely Coast, has asked you to bring him another ethereal stone, and there's probably a reward in it for you if you do.
You took an ethereal stone to Selwyn on the Lonely Coast, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
There's someone in need of help on the high plateau to the east of the Heights of Loneliness.
Someone has a problem in Stornway Castle.
Risqu<'e> Respects
An old woman paying her respects at a grave in Stornway needs you to bring her a dangerous bustier! You can apparently sometimes find them in treasure chests in grottoes.
Cosette, the old woman paying her respects at a grave in Stornway, needs you to bring her a dangerous bustier! You can apparently sometimes find them in treasure chests in grottoes.
You took a dangerous bustier to the old woman Cossette in Stornway, and she showed you some secret alchemy recipes in return. She also gave you some gloomy gloves.
Someone has a problem in Stornway.
Who's a Pretty Boy?
Graham the Bird, who lives on the island just north of the Cringle Coast, wants you to bring him some treasure from a bird of terrordise.
Graham the Bird, who lives on the island just north of the Cringle Coast, wants you to bring him some treasure from a bird of terrordise. It sounds like you'll need to be persistent, as apparently they don't drop it too often.
You gave Graham the Bird the treasure he was looking for, and received a treasure map that was in the jewellery box you gave him. He seemed more than happy with his terrordise tail feather.
Someone's got a problem on the small island north of Swinedimples.
Somebody needs help in Angel Falls.
Fixing Fickser's Fix
Fickser, apprentice to the Grand Wizard Cephalgernon, wants you to take him a lucky pendant. He can be found in the well in Western Wormwood.
You took a lucky pendant to Fickser at the well in Western Wormwood so he could pretend it appeared by magic, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Someone on the high plateau to the south-east of the Bowhole needs help.
Exhume the Heirloom
A ghost at the Uhohasis in the Djust Desert wants you to find his family heirloom, which has apparently been hidden somewhere in a watery grotto.
Barney, a ghost at the Uhohasis in the Djust Desert, wants you to find his family heirloom, which has apparently been hidden somewhere in a watery grotto.
You delivered Barney's family heirloom to him at the Uhohasis in the Djust Desert. He was so pleased to receive the heirloom and the letter you found that he gave you a full moon ring in return.
There's someone on the high plateau to the west of Gleeba in need of help.
Research and Destroy
An academic called Doktor M<:u>nster is writing a report on the monster kingdom in his lab on the Ondor Cliffs, and he wants you to try to defeat the mysterious Elusid as quickly as possible to help him with his research.
Doktor M<:u>nster, who is writing a report in his lab on the Ondor Cliffs, asked you to defeat the mysterious Elusid as quickly as possible. You managed to defeat Elusid, but it looks like you took a little too long over it.
Doktor M<:u>nster, who is writing a report in his lab on the Ondor Cliffs, asked you to defeat the mysterious Elusid as quickly as possible. You managed to defeat him as quick as a flash! Time to go and report back to Doktor M<:u>nster.
You fulfilled Doktor M<:u>nster's request, and defeated Elusid in no time at all, earning a reward for your efforts. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
There's someone on the high plateau to the west of Batsureg in need of help.
Agates Ain't Great...Are They?
Colonel MacDuff, the spirit soldier you met in Stornway Castle, wants you to show him an agate of evolution. You can apparently make one using alchemy.
You showed an agate of evolution to Colonel MacDuff, the spirit soldier from Stornway Castle, and received a hero spear in return.
There's someone in Stornway Castle who needs to ask a favour.
Shame on Goo
A sootheslime at the bottom of the well in Angel Falls is angry with some slimes who he says are a disgrace to the slime name. He's given you a list of eight slimes he wants you to teach a lesson to.
The sootheslime at the bottom of the well in Angel Falls is angry with some slimes who he says are a disgrace to the slime name. He's given you a list of eight slimes he wants you to teach a lesson to, and you've dealt with <val_1> so far.
You did as the sootheslime in the well in Angel Falls asked, and punished the eight slimes who were disgracing the slime name, receiving a reward for your trouble. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Someone in Angel Falls is in a bit of a tizz, and needs calming down.
Competition Commission
Dick Branton, the tycoon you met in Stornway Castle, wants you to make him a sage's stone using alchemy.
You gave a sage's stone to Dick Branton, the tycoon you met in Stornway Castle, and he gave you a green orb in return. Unfortunately, it seems that a lady called Veronica is now rather angry with you as a result.
Someone in Stornway Castle has a favour to ask.
Battle Buff
Ardaz Nayuls, a warrior on the Heights of Loneliness, wants you to prove your strength. He's challenged you to go to a grotto and finish off the Trauminator with nothing equipped whatsoever.
You proved your strength to Ardaz Nayuls by beating the Trauminator with nothing equipped, and he gave you a reward in recognition of your talents. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Someone somewhere on the Heights of Loneliness is in need of a strong character.
Shaman You!
The shaman at the shrine on the small island in Loch Storn wants you to try equipping at least three cursed items.
You equipped yourself with cursed items, as requested by the shaman on the island in Loch Storn. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to undo all his curses, but he did give you a mitre to say sorry.
There's someone with a problem on the small island in Loch Storn.
Nightmarey Questmas
According to the diary you found on the island off the Cringle Coast, Chris Cringle was upset not to have been able to help a young boy who was having nightmares. Defeat a night knight with some holy water to help the boy out.
Chris Cringle was upset not to have been able to help a young boy who was having nightmares. You defeated a night knight on his behalf, and a ball of light went flying forth.
Chris Cringle was upset not to have been able to help a young boy who was having nightmares. You defeated a night knight on his behalf, and received a Mercury's bandana. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Chris Cringle was upset not to have been able to help a young boy who was having nightmares. You defeated a night knight on his behalf, and received a cape of good karma. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Apparently, there's a diary filled with woe somewhere on the island off the coast to the north of Swinedimples.
Potty About Pots
Jared, the potter down the well in Zere, wants you to bring him some earth from the twelfth level or below of a grotto.
Jared, the potter down the well in Zere, asked you to bring him some decent earth. Go to the twelfth level or below of an earth-floored grotto and fill the dirtbag he gave you with some of the earth you find there.
You took some good earth from a grotto and gave it to Jared the potter. He gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
There's someone with a problem down the well in Zere.
Claws for Thought
The ghost in the weapon shop in Stornway wants you to show him some beastmaster claws. Apparently, you can make them using alchemy.
Claude, the ghost in the weapon shop in Stornway, wants you to show him some beastmaster claws. Apparently, you can make them using alchemy.
You took some beastmaster claws to show Claude, the ghost in the weapon shop in Stornway. He gave you some orichalcum in return, and taught you some of the slippery secrets of liquid metal alchemy.
An Immaculate Conception
Dick Branton, the tycoon you met in Stornway Castle, wants you to make him a Goddess shield using alchemy.
You showed the tycoon Dick Branton a Goddess shield, and he gave you a purple orb in return.
Namesake Maker
A man called Flame Tang on Loch Storn wants you to show him a fiery knife of the same name, which can apparently be made using alchemy.
You showed Flame Tang on Loch Storn a fiery knife of the same name, and he gave you some trinity tights in return.
Someone at Loch Storn has a problem.
Not-So-Jolly Roger
Billy Bones, a skeleton in a cave in the Wyrmtail, wants you to retrieve the spirit of his best friend. Go to a grotto and defeat Fowleye within fifteen turns, and the spirit will be restored.
Billy Bones, the skeleton in the cave in the Wyrmtail, asked you to retrieve the spirit of his best friend, and gave you a silver orb when you fulfilled his request successfully.
Someone on a high plateau to the south-east of Upover has a problem.
Maiding and Abetting
A maid in the kitchen at Stornway Castle has asked you to lend her a heavy hatchet. You can apparently sometimes come across them in treasure chests in grottoes.
Maisie, the maid in the kitchen at Stornway Castle, has asked you to lend her a heavy hatchet. You can apparently sometimes come across them in treasure chests in grottoes.
You lent a heavy hatchet to Maisie, the maid in the kitchen at Stornway Castle. She gave you a maid outfit and a maid's mop in return.
Apt Pupil
Sir Sternivus Swinedimple has asked you to do some extra-curricular activities. Dress all of your party in Swinedimples blazers and go to a grotto to defeat Sir Sanguinus.
You completed the extra-curricular activity that Sir Sternivus set you, and he rewarded you for your outstanding achievement. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
Sir Sternivus Swinedimple gave you an award for outstanding achievement. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You there! Lazy bones! What are you looking at? Yes, I mean yooou! Hurry up and come to the old school. Now!
Christinamas Cake
It's not long now until Christmas, and a girl in Bloomingdale wants you to take some Christmas cake to Santa. You'll be able to buy it from DQVC at the Quester's Rest once Christmas rolls around.
It's not long now until Christmas, and Christina from Bloomingdale wants you to take some Christmas cake to Santa. You'll be able to buy it from DQVC at the Quester's Rest once Christmas rolls around.
Christina from Bloomingdale asked you to take some Christmas cake to Santa. Chris Cringle ended up taking it from you instead, but he said he'd be sure to pass it on to Santa...
Christina from Bloomingdale asked you to take some Christmas cake to Santa. You ended up giving it to Chris Cringle instead, but he said he'd pass it on. You received a spirit bracer for your trouble, and Christina gave you a party popper.
Someone in Bloomingdale has a favour to ask.
Tones of the Bones
Skully, a skeleton in the cave in the Wyrmtail, wants you to bring him a bone chimer. You can get hold of one by finishing off a blight knight with Heart Breaker.
You took a bone chimer to Skully, the skeleton in the cave in the Wyrmtail, and he gave you a reward in return. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
You can hear a parping sound coming from a high plateau to the south-east<line>of Upover.
Someone is troubled in the Bowhole to the north-west of Wormwood Creek.
If I 'Ad an 'Ammer
A man scolding his apprentice on Hexagon Hill said that if you really want to help the downtrodden youngster, you'll bring a replacement for the megaton hammer the apprentice broke.
Dirk, the man scolding his apprentice on Hexagon Hill, said that if you really want to help the downtrodden youngster, you'll bring a replacement for the megaton hammer the apprentice broke.
If you want to help the poor downtrodden apprentice on Hexagon Hill, you'll have to take him a replacement for the megaton hammer he broke. Apparently, you can make them with alchemy or find them in grottoes.
You took a megaton hammer to Dirk on Hexagon Hill to replace the one his apprentice broke. Dirk refused to accept it, though, and you received a yellow orb by way of apology for the deceit.
There's someone with a problem on Hexagon Hill.
Wrecking Wrecks
The Supreme Sage, who sleeps in the pages of a book in Gittingham Palace, has asked you to defeat the fearsome Tyrannosaurus Wrecks. It seems the monster broke free of its seal and fled to a grotto somewhere.
You defeated Tyrannosaurus Wrecks at the request of the Supreme Sage, who was able to fall into a deep sleep at last, happy that the world will be safe with you around to take care of it. You received a blue orb for your troubles.
One of the books in Gittingham Palace is crying out for a sage of level seventy<line>or more.
Can We Borya for a Second?
Two old men who live in the forest in Western Coffinwell, Eric and Derek, want to meet their idol, the great wizard Borya.
Eric and Derek told you how they wanted to meet their idol, the great wizard Borya. You found all of Borya's equipment and put it on before going back to the brothers and receiving some depressing shoes for your convincing portrayal.
Someone on the high plateau to the north of Coffinwell wants to ask you a favour.
Someone is in trouble in the well in Upover.
Someone has a problem at the checkpoint to the east of Stornway.
From Rust to Riches
The legendary alchemist Neachdainn, now buried at Brigadoom Castle, wants you to show him all of the hero Erdrick's equipment, which is hidden around the world. Use alchemy to restore the five items and show them to Neachdainn.
The legendary alchemist Neachdainn has asked you to use alchemy to restore all five of Erdrick's items. You received some rusty gauntlets. You can apparently make Erdrick's items using orichalcum and plenty of glass frit.
The legendary alchemist Neachdainn asked you to use alchemy to restore all five of Erdrick's items. When you succeeded, his granddaughter Veronica rewarded you with an agate of evolution, and also gave you a sneaky peek at Neachdainn's super-secret alchemy recipe book!
There's someone in need of help at Brigadoom Castle.
A Present from the Past
Erinn has asked you to help her find a grotto with the words <6>of dolour<9> in the name, where her mother apparently left a gift for her.
Erinn has asked you to help her find a grotto with the words <6>of dolour<9> in the name, where her mother apparently left a gift for her. Find the dolorous treasure map, and follow it to the grotto.
You found and explored the grotto with <6>of dolour<9> in its name with Erinn. She found the sweater her mother had knitted her, and a letter with it that filled her with renewed innkeeping resolve.
You found and explored the grotto with <6>of dolour<9> in its name with Erinn. She found the sweater her mother had knitted her, and you received an Yggdrasil leaf and some Yggdrasil dew for your trouble.
Erinn needs your help over in Stornway. Go and talk to her behind the counter and see what it is she wants.
Perk Up, Patty!
Erinn has asked you to have a word with Patty to try and cheer her up.
Erinn has asked you to try and cheer Patty up. Patty seems to be reminiscing about her time as an explorer, and feeling sad about her long lost friend Phoebe.
Erinn has asked you to try and cheer Patty up. You travelled to Batsureg to find Patty's friend Phoebe, who was her constant companion in her exploring days, only to find out that Phoebe was dead.
Erinn has asked you to try and cheer Patty up. The next step on your quest is to take a boat to the Khaalag Coast, where Patty's friend Phoebe's grave stands, but beware: you mustn't use Zoom or the Starflight Express to get there.
Erinn has asked you to try and cheer Patty up. Guided by the ghost of Patty's friend Phoebe, you ventured to the site of her grave at the Khaalag Coast and found a friendant. Now you need to go and show it to Patty.
Erinn asked you to try and cheer Patty up. When you showed Patty her old friend Phoebe's friendant, it reminded her of the good old days, and inspired her to take up adventuring again. Patty has now joined your party!
A Right Royal Nightmare
King Schott of Stornway needs your help! Can you do anything to stop his recurring nightmare?
You've been asked to put an end to King Schott of Stornway's recurring nightmare. Apparently, there's some kind of dream expert in the village of Wormwood Creek who might be able to help.
You've been asked to put an end to King Schott of Stornway's recurring nightmare. Clare Voyant in Wormwood Creek says she can make some medicine for you if you give her some malicite, some manky mud and some sage's elixir.
You've been asked to put an end to King Schott of Stornway's recurring nightmare. You travelled to Wormwood Creek and had Clare Voyant make you some nightmare nurse. Now you just need to deliver it to His Majesty.
You were asked to put an end to King Schott of Stornway's recurring nightmare, so you took him some nightmare nurse, which will hopefully prove effective. He gave you a pair of minister's mittens and a pair of blessed boots in return.
Something is troubling King Schott of Stornway.
P-P-Pick Up a Pickaxe
Hamish, the man down the well in Stornway Castle, wants you to bring him a legendary item called a platinum pick. He's trying to dig his way to a room he can see through a gap in the wall.
Hamish, the man down the well in Stornway Castle, wants you to bring him a legendary item called a platinum pick. Apparently, the monsters who carry them are called darkonium slimes, and can only be found in grottoes.
You took a platinum pick to Hamish down the well in Stornway Castle, and he dug a tunnel, which he promptly disappeared into. You'd better follow him and see where he went!
You took a platinum pick to Hamish down the well in Stornway Castle, and he gave you a mighty armlet in return. He used the pick to dig a tunnel, at the end of which he found a large hidden room...
There's someone in the well in Stornway Castle who could do with a hand.
A Spot of Book-Keyping
Princess Simona has a locked book that she wants to read, and she needs you to help her find a way to open it.
Princess Simona has asked you to help her open a mysterious locked book. It was given to her by a former servant, who's apparently hanging around at the item shop. Why not go and see if you can pump the servant for information?
Princess Simona has asked you to help her open a mysterious locked book. According to her former servant, the key is in a grotto with something about <6>silver<9> in the name.
You found the key for Princess Simona's mysterious locked book, and she taught you the <6>Royal Regards<9> party trick in return. Unfortunately, the book's contents turned out to be a little overwhelming for her.
Princess Simona over at Stornway Castle is apparently a little troubled.
Making Room in Brigadoom
Maeve the mage from Stornway wants you to defeat some fearsome monsters that have appeared in Brigadoom.
Maeve the mage from Stornway wants you to defeat three of the scarlet fevers that have appeared in Brigadoom.
You defeated three of the scarlet fevers that had appeared in Brigadoom for Maeve the mage, and she gave you a pair of enchantress's gloves in return.
Recruitment Drive
Calhoun, a martial artist from Stornway, wants you to implore someone of Brigadoomian blood to reconsider joining the Back to Brigadoom Brigade.
Calhoun, a martial artist from Stornway, wants you to ask a particular castle maid to join the Back to Brigadoom Brigade. The maid in question apparently wants a full moon axe before she'll agree to join.
You managed to convince the castle maid to join the Back to Brigadoom Brigade. Unexpectedly, Princess Simona joined too! You received some combat boots for your efforts.
To Brigadoom!
Maeve, a mage from Stornway, wants you to attend the inaugural meeting of the Back to Brigadoom Brigade. The meeting is going to take place in the ruins of Brigadoom Castle.
Maeve, a mage from Stornway, wants you to attend the inaugural meeting of the Back to Brigadoom Brigade. The meeting is going to take place in the throne room of Brigadoom Castle.
Maeve, a mage from Stornway, has invited you to attend the inaugural meeting of the Back to Brigadoom Brigade. But the meeting can't begin without Princess Simona. You'd better find her!
You did as Maeve asked, and attended the inaugural meeting of the Back to Brigadoom Brigade, earning yourself a witch's hat. Meanwhile, Princess Simona seems to have received something important from Princess Mona's ghost...
Someone in Stornway needs your help.
Yore for it Now!
King Schott of Stornway wants you to check on the big coffin that's been discovered beneath the castle well.
At King Schott's request, you went to check on the big coffin that was discovered beneath the castle well. Princess Simona freed the monster that was sealed inside, and now it's up to you to defeat it!
At King Schott's request, you went to check on the big coffin that was discovered deep in the castle well. You defeated the monster Yore, and His Majesty rewarded you with a wyrmwand and some secret royal recipes.
Has Sellma Sold Out?
Sellma has asked you to borrow the Quester's Rest guestbook for her.
You borrowed the Quester's Rest guestbook from Ginny, and passed it on to Sellma.
You discovered that Sellma was being forced to spy for the Inntouchables, and she asked you to get back the guestbook. She thinks they may have taken it back to their hideout, which is apparently in a secret underground location.
Sellma finally revealed her true identity: she's an undercover agent for the Sinndicate of Pubs, Inns and Taverns! Join forces with her and clear out the Inntouchables' hideout.
Sellma finally revealed her true identity: she's an undercover agent for the Sinndicate of Pubs, Inns and Taverns! You joined forces with her and cleared out the Inntouchables' hideout. Now it's time to go and meet her for a debriefing.
You joined forces with undercover agent Sellma and stopped the Inntouchables once and for all. As a reward, the Sinndicate of Pubs, Inns and Taverns has ordered her to accompany you whenever you need her, and she has joined your party.
Sellma needs your help. Talk to her behind the counter at the Quester's Rest and find out what she wants.
Coffinwell Conundrum
Dr Phlegming needs your help to decipher an old manuscript detailing historical links between Coffinwell and the Gittish Empire. He wants you to try and find a book on the Gittish Empire for him.
Dr Phlegming needs your help to decipher an old manuscript detailing historical links between Coffinwell and the Gittish Empire. Find a book on the Gittish Empire to give him.
Dr Phlegming asked you to find a book on the Gittish Empire to help him decipher an old manuscript. You found the Encyclopaedia Gittanica on a bookshelf at Gittingham Palace. Now all you need to do is take it to him.
You gave Dr Phlegming the Encyclopaedia Gittanica, and he taught you the Professor's Pose by way of thanks. Surprisingly, it seems that Coffinwell was once part of the Gittish Kingdom.
Dr Phlegming needs your help in Coffinwell.
Thingy, King of, er...
The ghost in the Quarantomb has lost his memory, and needs your help. If you can steal back the important possession he lost from whoever took it, his memory might return, and there'll be a reward in it for you too.
The ghost in the Quarantomb who lost his memory asked you to retrieve something important of his that was stolen. The royal seal you got from the Trauminator looks like it might be the item in question.
You returned the royal seal to the ghost in the Quarantomb who had lost his memory. He remembered he was once the Gittish king, and gave you a catholicon ring. He said there was something he had to attend to, and then disappeared.
Someone in the Quarantomb to the west of Coffinwell needs your help.
Mysterious Monarch
At Gittingham Palace, the ghost of Lieutenant Goresby-Purrvis asked you to put the confused former monarch, King Godfrey of the House of Gitt, to rest.<line>
At Gittingham Palace, the ghost of Lieutenant Goresby-Purrvis asked you to put the confused former monarch, King Godfrey of the House of Gitt, to rest. It sounds like the King is pacing the palace throne room.
The ghost of Lieutenant Goresby-Purrvis asked you to put King Godfrey to rest. Made lucid by his defeat, the King disappeared into the void when he learnt that his son, King Godwyn, had died. Time to report back to Goresby-Purrvis!
At Lieutenant Goresby-Purrvis's request, you defeated King Godfrey, causing him to remember his name and ascend to heaven after learning of his son's death. After giving you a Pallium Regale and teaching you some of the Empire's most impurressive recipes, Goresby-Purrvis, too, disappeared.
It seems someone in Gittingham Palace is in need of help.
Licensed to Drive
Sterling has asked you to take the Starflight Express driving test to prove that you're a top-flight pilot.
To pass the driving test, you'll need to get stamps from all nine Gortress Guerrillas in order. You can land up to six times, and no other forms of transport, or Zoom or Evac, are allowed. So far you've got <val_5> stamp<IF_SING val_5><ELSE_NOT_SING>s<ENDIF_SING> and landed <val_4> time<IF_SING val_4><ELSE_NOT_SING>s<ENDIF_SING>.
You got your card stamped by all nine Gortress Guerrillas in order to pass the Starflight driving test, and reported back to Sterling. He has asked you to go and fetch Stella from the third carriage for your licence-giving ceremony.
You took the Starflight driving test, which involved getting your card stamped by all nine Gortress Guerrillas in order, and passed! You were presented with an official driver's licence, and even Stella managed to congratulate you.
It sounds like Sterling wants to see you aboard the Starflight Express.
Flaptricide
You've been told by a very flustered Stella that she thinks she might have killed someone, and she really needs your help.
You've been told by a very flustered Stella that she thinks she might have killed someone, and agreed to try and help her out of her predicament. It sounds like the incident happened in Dourbridge...
A flustered Stella has told you that she thinks she might have killed someone. You need to get together an Yggdrasil bud, some perfect panacea, some special medicine and some elfin elixir to help the ailing girl in Dourbridge.
A flustered Stella told you that she thinks she might have killed someone. Now you've gathered the necessary ingredients and made some stellar medicine, it's time to get to Dourbridge and save the ailing girl.
Aboard the Starflight, a flustered Stella told you she thought she might have killed someone, but thanks to the stellar medicine you mixed up, the sick girl in Dourbridge has made a full recovery. Time to head back to the Starflight.
Stella told you she thought she might have killed someone. Luckily, the stellar medicine you mixed up helped the girl in Dourbridge make a full recovery, and Stella gave you some stellar stockings and Blahnolo Maniks to say thanks.
It looks like Stella is in serious need of some assistance aboard the Starflight Express.
Intreeguing Mystery
You've been asked by a researcher who's visiting Bloomingdale to go to find out some information about Pluvi Isle, a small island in the sea to the east.
Rayne, a researcher staying in Bloomingdale, has asked you to find out about a ghostly tree on Pluvi Isle, a small island to the east of Gleeba.
Rayne, a researcher staying in Bloomingdale, asked you to find out about a ghostly tree on Pluvi Isle. You found a small grave on the island that a priest called Pluvius from the Gleeban church apparently knows something about.
Rayne, who is visiting Bloomingdale, asked you to find out about a ghostly tree on Pluvi Isle. According to Father Pluvius of Gleeba, the small grave on the island belongs to a woman who escaped her banishment on the Ondor Cliffs.
Rayne, who is visiting Bloomingdale, asked you to find out about a ghostly tree on Pluvi Isle. You found several graves on the Ondor Cliffs with inscriptions about a woman called Stellestria who was buried on Pluvi Isle. Time to tell Rayne the news.
Rayne, a researcher staying in Bloomingdale, asked you to find out about a ghostly tree on Pluvi Isle. You learnt that a woman called Stellestria was buried on the island, and Rayne rewarded you with some supernatural specs.
It seems someone in Bloomingdale is in need of assistance.
Annihilimobliteration!?
Stella has asked you if you'll take on a <6>flapping deadly<9> monster in a little room in the third carriage of the Starflight Express.
Stella asked you to defeat Tyrannosaura Wrecks in the third carriage of the Starflight Express. Once you'd done what she asked, she disappeared through the teleportal there back to her homeland...
At Stella's request, you defeated Tyrannosaura Wrecks, who was running riot in the third carriage of the Starflight. Then Stella took the teleportal there to her home, the Realm of the Almighty. Is Stella really Celestria's sister...?
At Stella's request, you defeated Tyrannosaura Wrecks in the Starflight. Then Stella went back to her home, the Realm of the Almighty, to tell her sister Celestria she'd become a nail artist. You received a stellar starflower from Stella.
Stella seems to be in need of some help in the third carriage of the Starflight Express.
Inn Search of an Inny
Patty's asked you to get some first-rate goods together for the upcoming visit by the King of Stornway, who'll be judging the Quester's Rest for the Innys.
Patty's asked you to get some first-rate goods together for King Schott's upcoming visit: a bolt of technicolour dreamcloth, an astral plume, some birdsong nectar and a brilliant biscuit that gem jamborees are known to drop occasionally.
At Patty's request, you found some first-rate goods for the visit by King Schott. The King came disguised as a pauper, but Erinn's insistence that all guests should be treated equally impressed him, and he gave the inn a great report for the Innys.
At Patty's request, you found some first-rate goods for the Quester's Rest's assessment by King Schott. Impressed by Erinn's hospitality, the King gave the inn a very good report, and by way of thanks, Patty gave you a suit of veteran's armour.
Apparently, Patty is in need of some help. Try going behind the counter at the Quester's Rest and asking her what she needs.
Inn for a Penny, Inn for an Inny
Erinn, owner of the Quester's Rest in Stornway, has asked you if you'll be her partner for the upcoming Inny Final!
Erinn, owner of the Quester's Rest in Stornway, asked you to be her partner for the upcoming Inny Final! The first thing the pair of you have to do is go to Stornway Castle to meet with the King.
You're trying to help Erinn win the Inny for Inncredible Inntertaining. Together, the pair of you need to defeat twenty octagoons in a grotto set in some ruins.<line>So far, you've taken down <val_1>.
You're trying to help Erinn win the Inny for Inncredible Inntertaining. After defeating twenty octagoons in a ruined grotto, Erinn figured something important out about her innkeeping. Time to get back to Stornway.
You worked with Erinn to help her win the Innys. After defeating twenty octagoons in a ruined grotto, she realised that it's the people around her who make her inn great, and was crowned Inncredible Inntertainer by King Schott!
You worked with Erinn to help her win the title of Inncredible Inntertainer, which she achieved by realising that it's the people around her who make her inn great. The new Inncredible Inntertainer has now joined your party.
Have You Seen Charlene?
Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek wants you to go and find his daughter, Charlene, who's gone off playing outside the village. The Mayor doesn't think she would have gone far...
Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek asked you to find his daughter, Charlene. You found her playing at Hope Springs, but she won't come back with you until she's got five sleeping hibiscus and two lengths of celestial skein.
You went to Hope Springs in search of Mayor Doffish's daughter, and met a ghostly girl who told you that she once saw some soldiers capture a Celestrian and attack a young girl, and that a wild beast then took the injured girl north.
Mayor Doffish gave you three mini medals for finding his daughter. A ghostly girl at Hope Springs told you that she once saw some soldiers capture a Celestrian and attack a young girl, and that a wild beast then took the injured girl north.
It looks like someone in Wormwood Creek's up the creek without a paddle!
Chronic Delay
Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek has asked you if you'll go and fetch a chronicler from Upover who's supposed to have come to the village.
Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek has sent you to fetch a chronicler from Upover, but you'll need to get a lunaria, some aggressence and a trailblazing bandana for the poor fellow first, because he's sprained his ankle.
Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek has sent you to fetch a chronicler from Upover. A specially concocted compress got the poor fellow back on his feet, but now he's run off to the top of the Magmaroo to meet someone called Serena.
Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek has sent you to fetch a chronicler from Upover. After chasing him up to the top of the Magmaroo, you've finally got him in tow. Get back to Wormwood Creek before he runs off again!
After a lot of running about, you finally managed to do as Mayor Doffish asked, and bring the dragon chronicler from Upover to Wormwood Creek. The Mayor gave you an Yggdrasil leaf to compensate you for your efforts.
It seems that Mayor Doffish of Wormwood Creek has another favour to ask of you.
Here With Nod's Tear
Mayoress Daff of Bloomingdale has asked you if you'll go to Gleeba and get her a precious jewel called a Nod's tear from a jeweller there.
Mayoress Daff has asked you to fetch her a Nod's tear. The Gleeban jeweller she directed you to will give you one in exchange for a crown jewel that you can find on the eighth level or below of a grotto with <6>of fear<9> in the name.
You acquired a dragon's tear for Mayoress Daff of Bloomingdale. As payment for your efforts, she gave you a gold bar. While looking for the jewel, you met a woman in Gleeba who might have been Serena, but you lost track of her...
It seems someone in Bloomingdale is putting a quest out to tender.
Do Nod Disturb
A slime you met at the entrance to the Tower of Nod has asked you if you'll escort him to the top of the tower, where his friend Nodoph is sleeping.
A slime you met at the entrance to the Tower of Nod has asked you to wake his sleeping friend Nodoph. It seems Nodoph has been asleep ever since he came back from a visit to Gittingham Palace with Serena three hundred years ago.
A slime you met at the Tower of Nod asked you to wake Nodoph. You've found Nod's tear, shed by Nodoph when Serena died at Gittingham Palace three hundred years ago. Maybe it will rouse him from his centuries-long slumber.
At the request of a slime you met at the Tower of Nod, you recovered Nod's tear, which restored the sleeping beast Nodoph's lost strength. Nodoph awoke from his three-century slumber and gave you a lump of orichalcum.
A certain slimy someone on the high plateau to the north of Coffinwell needs your help.
When a Star Wishes Upon You
Pavo wants you to answer the call of a glistering star, and bring her a prayer pearl.
Pavo has asked you to bring her a prayer pearl. Apparently, you can get one from a monster called Excalipurr, who lurks in a grotto somewhere.
You acquired a prayer pearl, and took it to Pavo, who told you that the glistering star wishes you to deliver it to Celestria in the Realm of the Almighty.
At Celestria's insistence, you took the prayer pearl into the realm of memory, and gave it to Aquila. She then told you that if you wish to know how it may have changed his destiny, you will have to find out for yourself.
You agreed to come to Pavo's aid, and ended up delivering a prayer pearl to Aquila in the realm of memory. It allowed him to escape his fate, but now he must live among the mortals to atone for his sins. Aquila has joined your party!
You helped Pavo at the Quester's Rest to change Aquila's fate, and he has now joined your party. Pavo, his twin sister, assured you that you can count on her and her brother's help for as long as you may need it.
Pavo needs your help. Go behind the counter of the Quester's Rest and ask her what she needs.
Pavo needs your help.
Dominique from Coffinwell wants you to help her son pass his all-important entrance examination. All you need to do is find a platinum sword, a platinum shield, some platinum mail and some platinum headgear.
Dominique from Coffinwell wants you to help her son pass his all-important entrance examination. You've collected all the necessary platinum items, now you just have to deliver them to her.
You took a set of platinum equipment to Dominique in Coffinwell to help her son pass his entrance examination. She was so pleased that she gave you a divine dress in return, but it remains to be seen whether he'll actually pass...
Follow That Fish!
Jona Jones from Porth Llaffan thinks a mysterious shadow she saw in the sea might have been the real Lleviathan, and wants you to find a way of summoning the great sea-beast.
Jona Jones from Porth Llaffan thinks she might have seen the real Lleviathan, and has asked you to find a way of summoning the great sea-beast. It seems there was once a woman known as Lleviathan's serenader in the village...
Jona Jones from Porth Llaffan has asked you to find a way to summon Lleviathan. From the ghost of Lleviathan's serenader you've learnt that wearing a flowing dress and wielding a watermaul wand and silver shield may rouse the sea-beast.
You summoned Lleviathan for Jona Jones of Porth Llaffan. When the great sea-beast dove back to the watery depths, it left behind a fygg. Now you've eaten it, you can see Stella again!
Hail to the Queen
Stella has ordered you to call her <6>Stella, Queen of the Starflight<9> from now on!
Stella, Queen of the Starflight, has ordered you to bring her a butterfly wing, a technicolour tutu, a sleeping hibiscus and a lump of mythril ore so she can make herself a new outfit.
You took a butterfly wing, a technicolour tutu, a sleeping hibiscus and a lump of mythril ore to Stella, Queen of the Starflight, so she could make herself a new outfit, and in return, she gave you her cast-off stellar suit.
It looks like Stella has something to<line>ask you.

#53 King Zenith

• Moderators
  • Celebrated Celestrian

• 7,655 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Ha ha! You did it! Nice work. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

#54 FencingFoxFTW

• Avid Alchemist

• 232 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

this could be awesome

grats on cracking the various encryptions

#55 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

Ha ha! You did it! Nice work. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

No prob, I actually found out my one decrypter has issues on bigger files, so now I know I need to fix it.

Also they turned Hassan into a self deprecating hick :(

*: <Cap><LEADER>, ain't it? Ahoy there! I'm Carver, son of a carpenter from Port Haven. Born wi' sawdust in my 'ead, I was.<PAGE>@Carver@ 'Ey, this is a right nice inn you've got. I feel I should give you somethin' to say thanks for 'avin' me. 'Ere you go!<PAGE><Cap><HERO> receives one of Carver's vests.<PAGE>@Carver@ Aw, don't make a fuss! It ain't nothin' much. Just somethin' I 'ad on me!<line><END>

I can name a group that has sawdust in their head. :P

#56 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

Also they turned Hassan into a self deprecating hick :(

Yeah, after skimming his full set lines, I really don't like this.

If it were the way his parents spoke, that would be completely appropriate. Thing is, Hassan is a big boisterous brawler... or so he thinks. Even after merging with his former self in Mudo's castle, he still retains the path of a martial artist and even remembers some skills. Look at his character design. Check out some of the supplemental material. Hell, even take a glance at the party chat from VI DS. This is a total 180 of a pretty fun character. Shame people will get him this way on the DS.

Edited by Dwaine B., 24 July 2010 - 02:00 PM.

Writing an article? Looking for a pic? Let me know! I've got tons of assets and restored artwork that haven't gone live yet. Now there's no excuse for sizing up a low res pic!

Want to 'like' me on Facebook? Go right ahead! I won't stop you. I've also got prints and t-shirts in my store!

I stream personal projects Monday-Friday from 4:30-5 PM CST. DQ/DQ Shrine stuff Tuesdays and Thursdays!

#57 Aeana

• Avid Alchemist

• 162 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

I just want to say that those lines for Hassan aren't really too far off from how he speaks in Japanese. It's a pretty decent localization.

#58 Dwaine

• Moderators
  • Dauntless Dragovian

• 7,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Casual is fine, but not full cockney. He's not Yangus. In the full set, some are totally fine, but some are just... I don't know. If you read the line and look at the character, they don't really mesh.

#59 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

I just want to say that those lines for Hassan aren't really too far off from how he speaks in Japanese. It's a pretty decent localization.

I think it's more what he says than how he says it. Dwaine did see all of the lines so that's where most of his opinion comes from.
Even so here's the Japanese matched up with the translation.

ハッサン「オレは サンマリーノから [来/き]た\n [大工/だいく]の[息子/むすこ] ハッサンだ。\n あんたは ○PC○○だな。よろしく!\n<END>
*: <Cap><LEADER>, ain't it? Ahoy there! I'm Carver, son of a carpenter from Port Haven. Born wi' sawdust in my 'ead, I was.<line><END>

If you excuse the changes in the first two sentences (Nothing wrong with Hassan and San Marino sounds like a much better town name) the localization seems decent enough. The problem lies with the 3rd. It doesn't really add anything except for making him look like a goof. I'm assuming that's what dwaine is talking about in his post.

#60 Tom-Servo

• Metal Master

• 1,295 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Though thinking about it again, if they localization of 9 was completed before they did anything with DQ6, then there may be an excuse. Wasn't that many lines in 9 to build the character off of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users