Photo

DQIX Alchemy Pot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tummai

• Head Hunter

• 513 posts
  • Interests:guitar, japanese, slayer, MMA, books, dragon quest, nes programming, Theravada Buddhism
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Posted Image

Some information about the Alchemy Pot in DQIX was revealed today.

Original Post

Some info on the Alchemy Pot was released. Here's some links to some of the articles:

http://plusd.itmedia...02/news005.html
http://game.watch.im...090302/dqix.htm

Key Points:

-Alchemy Pot is near Rikka at the inn.
-You talk to the Alchemy Pot like it's a person. It's name is Kamael.
-You can put two or more items into the Alchemy Pot and it might make a new item. The example they show in the screenshot is the Dragon Killer sword combined with a Strength Bracelet (or Hero Bracelet) to make a Dragon Slayer (the stars at the top right tell you how rare the new item is):

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

-of course, not every combination will make a new item. Only the right combination of items will create a new item.
-scattered around the DQIX world, you will find "Alchemy Recipes". These tell you the ingredients you need to make a new item.
-having the recipe will save you time, as you can choose to "make item from the recipe" and it will make it (or several) for you automatically without you having to search through your inventory. If you don't have the recipe, you will have to add stuff to the pot manually.
-some example items you can see in the screenshots: Medical Herb Plus (requires 2 Medical Herbs to make), Special Medical Herb, Curative Herb, Antidote Herb Plus, Special Antidote Herb, some other kind of Restorative Herb.
-if you find this bookcase, you had better search it, because you find the recipes for the Platinum Sword, Platinum Tray?? and Platinum Shield:

Posted Image

Original Post
I am translating the Japanese Dragon Quest IV novels into English. Check it out here: Dragon Quest IV Novel, Book 1

Previous Trivia Questions: Find the answers in the "About me" section of my profile.

Last translation update: January 23, 2009 March 25, 2009 (Finally!!)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
GameTsunami.com - Japanese game news in English.

#2 Slime Master

• Jack of All Trades?

• 15,990 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, both old and new school
    Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior
    Making and playing RPGs
    Anime and Cosplay
  • Tag State:Virginia
  • Tag Country:USA

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

;) Looks like the Alchemy Pot is gonna become a staple of the Dragon Quest Series. Nice to see it return in DQIX.

Slimes are your friend
Paid for by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Slimes.

https://www.facebook...ivo.robotnik.58Yes, I too go sucked into the black hole that is facebook

dd_bar_038.png

Games Beaten: *160*
Currently Playing: None at the moment

" Bring it. I'll love it. I've decided that anything that has Dragon Quest slapped on it is amazing. Slap a DQ logo on $#!& and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If the Final Fantasy fan girls can do the same with their series I'll do the same with mine." ~ Chaos

#3 AerynB

• Sword Slinger

• 356 posts
  • Interests:Reading; Playing Dragon Quest & Legend of Zelda; TV Shows: Leverage, Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Farscape; Writing some fan-fic
  • Tag City:St. Louis
  • Tag State:Missouri
  • Tag Zip:63304

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

That's awesome. I loved the alchemy pot in dq8! Thanks, Tummai, for the info.
Royal Attendant in Femiscyra: I'm cataloguing all the different rumours there are about the Lord of the Underworld and his resurrection. The prophecy of the heroine who's supposed to defeat him... The legend of the Dragon God who resides in Zenithia up in the sky... And the tale about a woman who swept down from heaven and gave birth to a child near Casabranca. I'll have it all arranged in a neat little story soon, I hope.

#4 Stepchan

• Slayer of Psaro

• 3,020 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Anime, Nirvana and song parodies.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Cool. :wd_coolslime:

I always loved making stuff in DQ8.

Team assemble!!!

Marisa-1.pngWoolen.pngStephen.pngDoropie.png

____ Marisa ________ Woolen ___ Stephen ____ Doropie ___

The future is in the past. Onwards Aoshima!

The Sylveons with the ribbons all say... Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh... Walk like a Lilligant...

Man, boy! You down for the count now! DJ Boy, what you think you doin'?

#5 Kenryoku_Maxis

• Head Hunter

• 608 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

;) Looks like the Alchemy Pot is gonna become a staple of the Dragon Quest Series.

At least the Level-5 developed ones.

And frankly, if it returned in every game, I would be the best re-occurring thing the series had in my opinion.

Being able to churn out Reinforced boomerangs and Magic Armors with simple items found on the overworld/in dungeons was one of the best parts of Dragon Quest VIII. And especially in this game, with class specific items, it may be even more helpful.

Edited by Kenryoku_Maxis, 02 March 2009 - 10:42 PM.

Last Played - Dragon Quest VI DS
Currently Playing - None
Have Played - Dragon Quest I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | DQM: Joker | DQH: Rocket Slime | Swords

http://www.backlogge.../kenryoku_maxis

#6 Kenryoku_Maxis

• Head Hunter

• 608 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:14 AM

With rare exceptions, RPGs with item creation are guaranteed to rock the house.

Indeed. Item collection is one of the major reasons I love playing RPGs. When item fusing/creation is added to a large variety of items to find, those RPGs usually become some of the best.
Last Played - Dragon Quest VI DS
Currently Playing - None
Have Played - Dragon Quest I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | DQM: Joker | DQH: Rocket Slime | Swords

http://www.backlogge.../kenryoku_maxis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users