Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
King_Slime

The Silent Hope

Nope! Gotta pay the toll.

;) @Zecron: The Knightly Review was the news feed of the old Square Enix site Slime Knights. Slime Knights has long since been defunct and really the only active thread is this one, and now since I had to tell you, now you have to upload a video of yourself dancing while wearing a hoop skirt :P

;) We still need that video of you dancing a funny little dance in a hoop skirt :P

(In all seriousness though Excite's link tells you everything you need to know)

You guys are incorrigible... XD

I, too, haven't opened up my Silent Hope just yet! I'm still holding out hope that another Slimeknights might pop up again someday.

I mean... last time SK opened up it was for DQVIII which was for the PS2, right? Maybe SE will try it again for DQXI! Goodness knows we have more DQ games coming out in the west in the next few years then we've had in a while!

• Upvote 2

I accidentally gave mine away...I even had a few extra from someone else. Quite the loss for me.

I accidentally gave mine away...I even had a few extra from someone else. Quite the loss for me.

As long as whomever you gave it to doesn't open it, it should be fine. ;)

Totally just spotted my envelope through a clear box while unpacking today. Glad it made it to the new house!

• Upvote 1

;) Heh, I've long since opened mine, I'm a rather naughty Slime I suppose  :P

What exactly did slime knights do?

I'm sure some of this will be corrected by those with better memories...

It was a PR website for Dragon Quest in the United States. They held contests that awarded points. Points could be traded in for real things. I was in the top 10 during the initial run through DQVIII and got a free Slime controller and a free DQVIII t-shirt. I'd win another free t-shirt off a contest eventually.

It promoted DQVIII, Rocket Slime, and Joker (I think it lasted until Joker).

There was a message board like here and there was a live chat at some point.

I'm sure some of this will be corrected by those with better memories...

It was a PR website for Dragon Quest in the United States. They held contests that awarded points. Points could be traded in for real things. I was in the top 10 during the initial run through DQVIII and got a free Slime controller and a free DQVIII t-shirt. I'd win another free t-shirt off a contest eventually.

It promoted DQVIII, Rocket Slime, and Joker (I think it lasted until Joker).

There was a message board like here and there was a live chat at some point.

You're pretty much on the money for what it was. They gave out points for posting your purchase with a receipt as well. I got a few posters and won a shirt off a pop-quiz in the chat, but I never really got much more than that because all the good stuff got bought up pretty quickly. There was a news letter that came out weekly I think for events, contests and the like. 

Mine is still sealed. I should go find it in storage. :D

• Upvote 2

I wish I had gotten one of those.

I have mine, and it's still sealed too.  I've thought about opening it, but I'm going to wait.  I'd hate to disappoint King Slime if the Slime Knight is ever revived.

• Upvote 1

I have mine, and it's still sealed too.  I've thought about opening it, but I'm going to wait.  I'd hate to disappoint King Slime if the Slime Knight is ever revived.

You and me both, Cain! I recently grabbed mine out of storage and put it in a cardboard treasure chest. Knights can't go disappointing the king!

Mine's still sealed. I cannot even see what card it is when checking against the light.

But no matter how much I really want to open it, I want to hold on for that special moment (which, alas, may never arrive) when opening it will be right.

Mine's still sealed. I cannot even see what card it is when checking against the light.

Ditto. And I have tried!

• Upvote 1

Didn't even know this thread was here! but I'm bumping it. :)

Mine is still sealed too. Have moved twice, but it's still safe in my drawer. glad i found this thread (thanks plattym3) so I can prove to my wife that I really do have to keep it sealed! 

• Upvote 1

Didn't even know this thread was here! but I'm bumping it. :)

Mine is still sealed too. Have moved twice, but it's still safe in my drawer. glad i found this thread (thanks plattym3) so I can prove to my wife that I really do have to keep it sealed!

Dear Mrs. Speedracer216,

Don't open that mail of your husband's. It's very important that it stay sealed and contain the memories of a very special time and place.

Thank you,

Mr. Platty

Sign in to follow this