Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #172 - DQXI - Cognitively Concoct Console Regional Release Rates

How will DQXI come to North America?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How will DQXI come to North America?

• PS4 only
    • 3DS only
    • Switch only
    • PS4 & 3DS only
    • PS4 & Switch only
    • 3DS & Switch only
    • All 3 consoles

OK, that title sucks, I admit it!  Here's an easy one to wrap your head around though.  Simply vote on which consoles you think DQXI will be released on in the United States.  Sure, it might be the same in Europe and elsewhere, but let's just vote for 1 region: NA.

You just have a few days to vote as we might find out soon due to leaks.  Vote by the end of August 7th!

Here's an easy one to wrap your head around though.

I don't understand.

I am being optimistic after some comments that will get a 3DS release in America. I think people are forgetting the Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 localization for GBC came out late in the GBC's life span, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 came out late in the DS's life span, so this would be no different, except I would expect it to sell and be promoted better than the two I mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I'm going to guess PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.

Edited by Dakhil

Being optimistic here: PS4 AND 3DS. 

• Upvote 1

Super optimistic. All 3 consoles.

Super optimistic. All 3 consoles.

I'm with Dragovian! Super optimistic!

• Upvote 1

Count me among the super optimistic crowd. The script is largely the same from what I understand and SE appears to be the one doing the publishing, I don't really see why they would decide to only do one or two when the script for the third is the same.

• Upvote 1

I really wanted to go with PS4/Switch ... but I honestly think that its going to be all 3. PS4 to me is by far the most obvious. With VII and VIII coming out recently, I think its going to be on the 3DS. And with the Switch being Nintendo's go-to now, Im assuming that it will come there too.

I do think that its going to be the same way as Japan though ... PS4/3DS on launch, Switch later on.

Actually, I think all three as well.

PS4 is 100% confirmed, as Sony has already posted the trailer for XI to their YouTube channel, saying "coming to PS4!"

3DS isn't as dead as people say it is, I don't think; it's definitely reaching the end, but I'm thinking it'll have releases into 2018. Having a massive JRPG in its final year on a console with many RPGs and great sales on many of them is probably in the books. Also, the DQ Twitter posted some images of some celebrations that Japanese fans and staff were holding for XI's release, and many of the photos featured the 3DS box; I feel like they might not have done that if it wasn't coming, to avoid some frustration from fans later.

Switch version I can't see not coming. It's a new console that's performing very well worldwide, and once the game is released and translated, I imagine they'll want to release XI for the Switch as well. I remember Horii saying that they didn't want to include much in one version that wouldn't be in another so that nobody would feel they were missing out with the version they selected; by extension, there probably won't be much text to translate that wouldn't already be done for the other versions, and it'd be fairly easy to release.

• Upvote 1

I vote for what I want, not for what I expect.

I expect one of the consoles to lose, but I want all three.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I'm guessing it's going to be PS4 and Switch.  I think that eventually, and probably by next year 3DS will start to phase out in favor of Switch's advanced gaming and portability.  I think western DQ fans who are also 3DS fans will cry out in angst, but since it's a graphically inferior version of an amazing looking modern game, it won't bother me personally at all not to play the 3DS version.

Edited by Liamland

I'm guessing it's going to be PS4 and Switch.  I think that eventually, and probably by next year 3DS will start to phase out in favor of Switch's advanced gaming and portability.  I think western DQ fans who are also 3DS fans will cry out in angst, but since it's a graphically inferior version of an amazing looking modern game, it won't bother me personally at all not to play the 3DS version.

It has Dragon Quest III SNES/Dragon Quest VI era graphics, it automatically has the superior graphics.

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing it's going to be PS4 and Switch. I think that eventually, and probably by next year 3DS will start to phase out in favor of Switch's advanced gaming and portability. I think western DQ fans who are also 3DS fans will cry out in angst, but since it's a graphically inferior version of an amazing looking modern game, it won't bother me personally at all not to play the 3DS version.

It has Dragon Quest III SNES/Dragon Quest VI era graphics, it automatically has the superior graphics.
Exactly, it's not like we're returning to NES DW1. We're not heathens.

I'm guessing it's going to be PS4 and Switch. I think that eventually, and probably by next year 3DS will start to phase out in favor of Switch's advanced gaming and portability. I think western DQ fans who are also 3DS fans will cry out in angst, but since it's a graphically inferior version of an amazing looking modern game, it won't bother me personally at all not to play the 3DS version.

Exactly, it's not like we're returning to NES DW1. We're not heathens.

Actually, I kind of wish we had a NES visual style for the game too.

I'm by no means saying we absolutely need it, but I think it would be kind of cool. Get that old school 8-bit experience with a brand new game in the series.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say we're getting the ps4 and 3ds version here in Euro- I mean the US. I'm unsure about the Switch version if only because we know next to nothing about it and that is a long way off. Square Enix haven't even classified whether it will be a port of the ps4 or 3ds version.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say we're getting the ps4 and 3ds version here in Euro- I mean the US.

Yeah, sorry about the NAcentricness of this poll.  I didn't want to deal with crap if somehow US gets all 3 and Europe gets 2 or something like that, so while it's likely to be the same in both regions, I just set this up based on what comes to US.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say we're getting the ps4 and 3ds version here in Euro- I mean the US.

Yeah, sorry about the NAcentricness of this poll.  I didn't want to deal with crap if somehow US gets all 3 and Europe gets 2 or something like that, so while it's likely to be the same in both regions, I just set this up based on what comes to US.

No prob, I was only being tongue in cheek. After all it wouldn't be completely impossible for us europeans to miss out on a game that arrived in the US "cough" Rune Factory 4 "cough".

• Upvote 1

Yeah, sorry about the NAcentricness of this poll. I didn't want to deal with crap if somehow US gets all 3 and Europe gets 2 or something like that, so while it's likely to be the same in both regions, I just set this up based on what comes to US.

No prob, I was only being tongue in cheek. After all it wouldn't be completely impossible for us europeans to miss out on a game that arrived in the US "cough" Rune Factory 4 "cough".
That sucks, because I'd list that game as among my top 10 EVER!
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, sorry about the NAcentricness of this poll. I didn't want to deal with crap if somehow US gets all 3 and Europe gets 2 or something like that, so while it's likely to be the same in both regions, I just set this up based on what comes to US.

Yeah, its a real shame Neverland went bankrupt considering the game sold so well and they even greenlit a new one.

I was originally going to say that I'd even give for a download only release but I just casually googled Rune Factory 4 and there was a download only release date in Europe! So Rune Factory 4 is actually something that I can enjoy now, yay!

Yeah, its a real shame Neverland went bankrupt considering the game sold so well and they even greenlit a new one.

I was originally going to say that I'd even give for a download only release but I just casually googled Rune Factory 4 and there was a download only release date in Europe! So Rune Factory 4 is actually something that I can enjoy now, yay!

Happily say goodbye to 100+ hours of your life.

Happily say goodbye to 100+ hours of your life.

Or 10 hours, as was the case with me for Frontier.