Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #165 - DQVIII Notable Quotable voting round #2

Pick your favorites!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for up to 3 favorites

• "It's a book entitled 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Criminals'. It explains techniques for committing a variety of petty crimes, including...the 'dine and dash', 'advanced loitering', 'cow tipping', and m...
    • Wot was that all about!? One minute we was in there, an' then all of a sudden was back outside. Oh! It must o' been one o' them...y'know...one o' them 'in-eggs-pickleable fun-on-me-nuns'! A proper weird 'appe...
    • "I've never met anyone with such a fine pair! I'd kill to have a pair like them!" -Spoken by Jessica after receiving a Puff-Puff
    • Oooh, after another feast fit for a king, I think I'll be about ready to use that throne room meself! Hah hah hah! - Said by Yangus when returning to Ascantha when looking for the Moonshadow Harp in Dragon Quest VIII
    • "Red's a very beautiful woman, but she's a touch too prickly for my liking. I enjoy a conquest as much as the next man, but breaking down the doors of that particular citadel would require more than an attractive horse! I'll let ano...
    • "OLD?! Speak for yourself! You're looking at the Goddess's gift to womankind! Her YOUNG gift to YOUNG womankind!" - Angelo to Yangus, after the latter suggests Jessica left because she was sick of travelling with "st...
    • The story of 'ow me an' the guv fell in together is an epic tale, full o' laughter, thrills, and tears... -Said by Yangus to Jessica before he starts his story how he and the hero met in Dragon Quest VIII
    • "[Monster] performers her best puff-puff on Jessica! (Puff-puff, puff-puff...) But Jessica laughs triumphantly, having won the battle of the bulges!" - battle text when a monster performs a puff-puff on Jessica

Posted (edited)

Let's see if we can't get this down to a final 2 or 3 to vote on!  PLEASE VOTE FOR UP TO 3 FAVORITES.

Any quote receiving more than half the votes will move on to the final round.  Voting on this round ends May 17th.

#1 - "It's a book entitled 'The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Criminals'. It explains techniques for committing a variety of petty crimes, including...the 'dine and dash', 'advanced loitering', 'cow tipping', and more. Nothing appears to be useful...at the moment." - A book found in a house in Pickham.

#2 - Wot was that all about!? One minute we was in there, an' then all of a sudden was back outside. Oh! It must o' been one o' them...y'know...one o' them 'in-eggs-pickleable fun-on-me-nuns'! A proper weird 'appenin'! - Said by Yangus after trying to go through the Dark Ruins without the means to see inside

#3 - "I've never met anyone with such a fine pair! I'd kill to have a pair like them!" -Spoken by Jessica after receiving a Puff-Puff

#4 - Oooh, after another feast fit for a king, I think I'll be about ready to use that throne room meself! Hah hah hah! - Said by Yangus when returning to Ascantha when looking for the Moonshadow Harp in Dragon Quest VIII

#5 - "Red's a very beautiful woman, but she's a touch too prickly for my liking. I enjoy a conquest as much as the next man, but breaking down the doors of that particular citadel would require more than an attractive horse! I'll let another crusader lay siege to her." - Angelo, after meeting Red

#6 - "OLD?! Speak for yourself! You're looking at the Goddess's gift to womankind! Her YOUNG gift to YOUNG womankind!" - Angelo to Yangus, after the latter suggests Jessica left because she was sick of travelling with "stinky old men"

#7 - The story of 'ow me an' the guv fell in together is an epic tale, full o' laughter, thrills, and tears...  -Said by Yangus to Jessica before he starts his story how he and the hero met in Dragon Quest VIII

#8 - "[Monster] performers her best puff-puff on Jessica! (Puff-puff, puff-puff...) But Jessica laughs triumphantly, having won the battle of the bulges!" - battle text when a monster performs a puff-puff on Jessica

Edited by Plattym3

Is this a 1 vote poll?

Oops, buried the rule in the poll question heading.  I'll update.

Is this a 1 vote poll?

Vote for up to 3 favorites

Oops, buried the rule in the poll question heading.  I'll update.

Is this a 1 vote poll?

Vote for up to 3 favorites

Doh I see it now

One of mine actually made it this far.

I'm honestly surprised.

One of mine actually made it this far.

I'm honestly surprised.

With the VII quote contest, I only contributed one, and it ended up winning third or something.