Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Democrobot

Contest 92 - Hire a Heroic Hero

Sprite030.png*Image Courtesy of GrandAlchemist via King Zenith.

A mighty angel of God, Xio has vowed to protect the universe from evil. Having lost his family to lust, greed, and violence, he has made it his goal to erase all sin from Earth. A mighty warrior with the mastery of many skills and abilities, who will not back down from a fight. He also has a soft spot for kittens.

Denoria has been attacked by Corvus' forces and have stolen all the fyggs. Now without a hero, Denoria desperately needs the aid of a hero. Royal Fool Democrobot announces:

Save Denoria from plunging into peril by bringing us a hero to retrieve thy stolen fyggs. Thou who save The Dargon's Den shall be rewarded with a magical fygg for thy profile. Thou must seeketh to adhere strictly to the objective and rules, lest your submissions be stricken from the Imperial Scrolls of Honor:

Objective:

Save Denoria from ruin by submitting an hero(image AND a backstory). The image can be submitted in various forms, such as sprite, drawing, lego, clay, sculpture, or like the image above. The backstory should be no more than 2 paragraphs at the most. Note that this contest will be measured by originality of the character.

Rules:

1) You may submit a maximum of two entries for this contest

2) Submissions must be sent to me via PM

3) You have until Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:00 AM MST(Mountain Standard Time) to send me your submissions

4) Please submit your own original content only. You may not submit work that someone else has done.

5) BE ORIGINAL

Accepted submissions will be voted on by the Den community, so please do your best to keep your submissions anonymous. I will post all content to this thread as I receive it. The top three voted submissions will be crowned as our winners. If you have any questions, ask here or via PM.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Edited by Democrobot

*sniff* well done. So good it brings a tear to my eye. Great concept and I am really looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

Thanks Democrobot!

Any time my man. Any time.

Agreed, good work, you guys should make a good team. :)

I LIKE it!! Thats a fancy title you got under your avatar, democrobot.

Thank you, kind sir.

I... might give this a try. It's finally time to get out of the cave and try to do something on the Den. :upperslime:

GrandAlchemist squints at the print next to the image at the top of the post.

Courtesy of King Zenith? >_> Shouldn't that be courtesy of GrandAlchemist... via King Zenith?!

;)

Edited by GrandAlchemist

You got robbed!

GrandAlchemist squints at the print next to the image at the top of the post.

Courtesy of King Zenith? >_> Shouldn't that be courtesy of GrandAlchemist... via King Zenith?!

;)

Sorry GrandAlchemist, I just grabbed a good-looking one from the Best Dressed Contest, but didn't have time to check out who submitted the original specs.

I'll be sure to correct that

I have corrected it.

Edited by Democrobot

Thanks! Sorry for not spending more time checking out the file before sending it to you.

Sorry GrandAlchemist, I just grabbed a good-looking one from the Best Dressed Contest, but didn't have time to check out who submitted the original specs.

No need to apologize, I speak in jest, however, you didn't simply pick a good-looking one... you picked the best-looking one! (Even if voters didn't say so. But what do they know anyways? Hahaha.)

Edited by GrandAlchemist

I was too busy with college to submit my second work on the "make the den laugh" contest. I might try my hand at this.... by PM you mean personal message correct? (Jess13 be stupido sometimes)

I was too busy with college to submit my second work on the "make the den laugh" contest. I might try my hand at this.... by PM you mean personal message correct? (Jess13 be stupido sometimes)

That is correct. A personal/private message should be sent to me.

The first submission:

Ryu

Ryu.png

Name : “Ryu Kisargi”

Height: “6’1”

Weight: “???”

Eye Color: “Blue”

Skintone: “Caucasian”

Alignment: “Neutral Good”

Class: “Dragon Lord”

Ryu Kisargi is one of the few in the monster class of Dragon Lord who isn’t evil to the core. Growing up in the Upper World of Dragon Quest III did nothing for his mood, having inherited the castle of the Archfiend Baramos, the tutoring of the most powerful monsters in the known world, and his own hot-tub. Being born long after the son of Ortega carved his Legend into the Demon Lord Zoma’s forehead, he did not truly know what evil was, until he was shown what he was expected to do with his life…

A small, quiet town was north of Alihan proper. Reeve Village was known for its eccentric old men who made bombs and its ale, and Ryu’s tutor, a rather idiotic Golem, didn’t come for either. When the Golem picked up a small child who wanted to play with it, Ryu thought the Golem was just going to play with it. Instead the Golem turned the child into goo. A rather bloody goo. Seeing pure evil in his face, something kind of clicked in Ryu, and he pulled out his sword and rather mercilessly destroyed the Golem in a single slice. Ryu was hailed as a hero, but quickly left.

Why not? Doesn't hurt to try.

That's... odd... uh... shouldn't the creators be kept secret like they are for the other contests to prevent favoritism votes?

where does it say the name of the creator?

That's... odd... uh... shouldn't the creators be kept secret like they are for the other contests to prevent favoritism votes?

All names are confidential. Just where does it say the name of the creator?(Ryu is the name of the character and Xio is an example piece)

I think in this case, many of us know the member who formerly was known by that name. Nevertheless, if that person decided to use his or her old name, that's fine I am sure. Some of us know who the member (probably) is, but that was his or her choice to use that name.

I know Democrobot knows to keep the names confidential.

Yeah. I know to keep them confidential, at least until AFTER the contest is over. And I don't even know a Ryu, so I'm in the dark about this one.

how can you be in the dark if the creator messaged you the submission? You must know who's it is because they sent it to you.

Ryu is the name of the "hero". GrandAlchemist was referring to a user named Ryu, which I have not heard of. Sorry for the confusion.

Sign in to follow this