Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
bahamutx83

Diablo 3 Open Beta Weekend

Just a friendly FYI, Diablo 3 is having an open beta this weekend (4/20-4/23). Anyone can download and play the Beta this weekend only.

You can download the game client from battle.net. Just be forewarned, it's a 15 GB download >.<

I've actually read on GameWorld that the number of players (500 thousand, I think) made the server break down.

I'm not surprised. Blizzard had warned that might happen, even seemed to be expecting it.

I would've logged in myself, but an 80kbps DL speed (Stupid rural DSL) kept that from happening.

I'm not surprised. Blizzard had warned that might happen, even seemed to be expecting it.

I would've logged in myself, but an 80kbps DL speed (Stupid rural DSL) kept that from happening.

Yep- they made it an open weekend to try and break down the servers. This is commonly referred to as a stress test, it gives them a good idea of what kind of volume can cause things to go wonky BEFORE the release date. I played a Monk up to level 13 and aside from the expected server problems I loved it.