Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolta

Any good non-crow Giants I missed?

Saggitaur(Darklight Slashes, Uber Attack, Uber Health, Attack 3, Champion)

Schieman Tank (Wormonger, Champion, Huntsman, Uber Attack, Uber Health)

Canzar (Uber Mage, Healer, Uber Wisdom, Uber Health, Dual Duellers)

Ruin (Champion, Healer, Uber Attack, Uber Health, Whack Ward)

Orochi (Orochi, Missing Lynx, Healer, Uber Health, Defence 3)

Any goodies I haven't picked up yet? Was thinking perhaps Estark, but I don't need ANOTHER random physical attacker to join Ruin, nor would Estark work particuarly well as a Mage...

Edited by Thunderbolta

I was about to say Great Godbird, but you need Capn Crow for that.

Wormonger :B

Seriously, though, there's probably no way of making that monster good, yeah?

What about that stormsgate citadel? I don't have one myself, but it ain't on your list there, and it's a non-Crow giant.

I'm just about to claim my Stormgate Citadel from WMC, scarily enough. It's pretty crappy though.

And Wormonger is quite useful if you want a giant for like, super scout...

Huh. I figured Late Riser would ruin it. Guess it's better practiced than speculated.

Like most trait-swingy Giants, I tend to feel that Wormonger is terrible due to how useless it is if Late Riser kicks in. Then again, I get frustrated easily.

And Wormongers go down without much trouble, Kalamari and (If you can get it) Canzar are the best scoutable 3-slot monsters, stat-wise.

common!? everyone keeps on saying estark is bad!? all it takes is some real good skills and it destroys in the WMC [ almost always guaranteed top 40 ] and stranger battles are 60%s

as for another giant.... empryea aint that bad... but is easliy beat by many giants...

Estark ain't bad, like, I just feel it wouldn't be much different to Ruin. Just a really random physical attacker...

And yeah, I forgot about Wormonger's late riser. I guess there really is no use for it... maybe Missing Lynx...

Wormonger's main use is to have a giant that won't put you in the top teir on wifi.

Any goodies I haven't picked up yet? Was thinking perhaps Estark, but I don't need ANOTHER random physical attacker to join Ruin, nor would Estark work particuarly well as a Mage...

Estark could have a fairly decent set up with (Uber Health, Uber Attack, Uber Knight [i would recommend stopping it at shadow slash, not they he'll spam the gash skills which are fixed damage rather then based off Estarks attack power], Paralysis Ward [for the Steady Recovery and passive hp & def boosts, how ever small they may be, seems better then the other few wards that offer Steady Recovery], and either Champion for the Meditation skill which will heal Estark for 400HP at least, or Defence boost 3 for the added defence and HP in one go, plus Sag resistence to boot even if its only by an extra 25%)

if your worried about a decent healing skill for Estark, go the Champion route for that extra +400 hp recovery that i dont belive is based off your wisdom stat so it would seem more relyable since Estark as you put it isn't mage material. Uber Knight covers elemental attacks, as well as miracle slash giving him an offence he can use to gain a small portion of hp back with. and as i said, Para ward for Steady recovery so he'd gain back 100HP every turn anyways. at bare iminal he gains 100 HP back every turn, and on a turn he desides to heal with, he'll gain anywhere from 200 - 500 hp back, it seems reasonible since i dont see most monsters doing 600+ damage to Estark in the lower ranking so. dont know if this build could get ya to the top 50 but it seems it would manage in a random battle or two at the least.

Estark could have a fairly decent set up with (Uber Health, Uber Attack, Uber Knight [i would recommend stopping it at shadow slash, not they he'll spam the gash skills which are fixed damage rather then based off Estarks attack power], Paralysis Ward [for the Steady Recovery and passive hp & def boosts, how ever small they may be, seems better then the other few wards that offer Steady Recovery], and either Champion for the Meditation skill which will heal Estark for 400HP at least, or Defence boost 3 for the added defence and HP in one go, plus Sag resistence to boot even if its only by an extra 25%)

if your worried about a decent healing skill for Estark, go the Champion route for that extra +400 hp recovery that i dont belive is based off your wisdom stat so it would seem more relyable since Estark as you put it isn't mage material. Uber Knight covers elemental attacks, as well as miracle slash giving him an offence he can use to gain a small portion of hp back with. and as i said, Para ward for Steady recovery so he'd gain back 100HP every turn anyways. at bare iminal he gains 100 HP back every turn, and on a turn he desides to heal with, he'll gain anywhere from 200 - 500 hp back, it seems reasonible since i dont see most monsters doing 600+ damage to Estark in the lower ranking so. dont know if this build could get ya to the top 50 but it seems it would manage in a random battle or two at the least.

Meditation is slightly controlled by Wisdom. While It will never do less the 400 and it doesn't go up by much. My Drakulard only heals around 500 with Meditation while my Exorsus heals around 750-ish.

Meditation is slightly controlled by Wisdom. While It will never do less the 400 and it doesn't go up by much. My Drakulard only heals around 500 with Meditation while my Exorsus heals around 750-ish.

And it happens that my Rhapthorne II heals about 800+(I'll have to double check for an exact number).

Oh...then in that case. It may be based on monster size. Unless you have a lot of Wisdom Boosts. Rhapthorne2 has really low Wisdom, especially compared to Exorsus

but rhap2 has the most wisdom possible for giant without boosts doesn't he?

I'd have to check...

..and mean while i need to correct myself for a moment, i thought Miracle Slash was from the Uber Knight skill set due to my Ace of Spades having it And i totally forgot that Miracle slash wasn't part of the Uber set but was learned from him having Crusader as one its skill sets. (Crusader mainly for Zap Guard, and figured having prezing wasnt a bad idea either, tho the odds of the AI doing Prezing with proper timing is slim to say the least?)

Rigor mortex and leonyx aint on the list. How bout the-oh yeah you need cap'n crow for both.......

i didn't see barbarus- even if to get him is slim to none

I was under the impression that Giant monsters were the full 3 slot sized and not nessisarily the medium 2 slotters, personally. Other wise monsters Like Maguires de Leon and Psaro would just HAVE to make the roster :\ ..lol. :3

Edited by Whiteblaze