Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neofrodo

DQIV PSX Problem

I tried using Alcohol 120 to put DQIV PSX on a CD-R (Tried DVD-R too) and its not playing on my PS2. Even with Swap Magic. Can someone help with this?

I've heard the type of DVD / CD can make a difference, but I never had any luck getting a burned copy of a PSX game to play on a PS2 regardless of the media type or the external hardware / software used to make it happen. That's not saying it's not possible, but I think it's a pretty tricky process.

If this is all just to get the game on your TV, would you consider hooking your computer (with emulator running) up to your TV?

I've heard the type of DVD / CD can make a difference, but I never had any luck getting a burned copy of a PSX game to play on a PS2 regardless of the media type or the external hardware / software used to make it happen.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge PS2 won't boot a burned PS1 game. If you want to play on a TV you could connect your computer as King Zenith mentioned, or you could put it on a PSP and connect that. Or just look for an old PS1 on eBay.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge PS2 won't boot a burned PS1 game. If you want to play on a TV you could connect your computer as King Zenith mentioned, or you could put it on a PSP and connect that. Or just look for an old PS1 on eBay.

I dont think you can use Swap magic on a PS1. Which is going to be a problem.

Edit: And I really dont like recording RPGs off of emulators. They always turn out badly for me.

Edited by Tesla

You can mod a PSX/PS1 with minimal effort. But yeah, if you want to play burned Playstation games, you need a Playstation. PS2 won't do it.

I dont think you can use Swap magic on a PS1. Which is going to be a problem.

Back in ye olden PS1 days, we used the

. Takes a little while to get used to, but that was the cheapest way to play imports. If you have an older model you can also use a cheat device that plugs into the parallel port, like so.