Dragon's Den Community
cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

Done with the EV training in Pokemon Black(before the 4th gym).

Needless to say, I'm not doing that that early ever again.

I'm in the middle of playing .hack Infection.

Kite is a much better mage than I remember. Especially if you give him the [Rare] Kagayuzen Armor. :3

Been talking about it, but finally started a fisticuffs play through of DQ8.

... been playing the Shin Megami Tensei series, half-way across Nocturne and ... I never saw a protagonist who suffered as much as the one in this game. Edited by Dahl

I recently started a new file in Monster Hunter Tri. This time around, im only gonna use a lance.

Since I finished my Dragon Quest 4 DS solo journey (Beating Psaro anyway), went back to Dragon Quest 5 DS to finish some level ups as well as start another challenge. However, thinking I'll play the game normally first to get myself back int othe rhythm of it; I don't have it practically memorized as I do with DQ4 DS.

I think I'm almost done with dq6 (ds) not including bonus content, which I will get to later on

Dragon warrior VII (Unnoficial PSX-PSP, I own the original disks though) keep getting my butt kicked by the bandits in present Dharma (disk 1).

Final Fantasy VII (several saves, on PSX, PC with graphics and sound mods, and psx-psp)

Several DQ fangames including DQ Legacy of the Lost (demo) and DW Classic (fully playable demo/test) both of which can be found on the fan made games section of the forums

Contemplating whether or not I have the time to start Skyrim, my dad bought it right after Christmas (we got him CoD:MW3 instead) and beat it twice (no dawn guard yet) but I haven't picked it up yet.

Minecraft 360 if that counts (derpametric said it so, what the heck) Although my Internet has been having issues so I haven't been able to play online In a while (NAT settings or something).

I explain things too much sometimes

Those Dharma bandits are real tough, good luck. Once you have the first one down, the fight already eases up significantly. Damn you, Kiefer, for leaving us right before this.

I've been playing a little bit of Dark Souls, DQ4 and 6, Nostalgia, 4 Heroes of Light, but mostly The Secret World. Great MMO.

I'm at Mistralton City in Pokemon Black.

I'm currently playing my HeartGold version of Pokemon. Trying to get all the pokemon I can. Mostly levelling up my weak ones.

I am currently playing Arc the lad 2. I have just finished up the Greyshinne region and will now be doing a series of sidequests to build levels and to get better weaponry.

I am also trying to get back into Legend of Legaia as I have yet to beat that game... :ws-slimedead:

Senshi. YOUR DAD IS DEAD AND YOUR A SUPERHERO WHAT NOW

Also, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS.

[quote name='Derpametric' timestamp='1342301430' post='344164']
Senshi. YOUR DAD IS DEAD AND YOUR A SUPERHERO WHAT NOW

Also, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS.
[/quote]

Oh come on >.< , Game may be cliched but its still awesome regardless lol. Edited by senshi

Ooh, if I'm lucky, my girlfriend will have a PS2 set up when I visit her next week. That means I get to play Dark Chronicle! :D

Easily my favorite RPG, nay, GAME of all time.

I just started a playthrough of Chrono Trigger. I'm hoping to find some new secrets or interesting things I haven't seen yet.

I wan't saying it was cliched. SaGa Frontier was awesome.

[quote name='Derpametric' timestamp='1342398484' post='344217']
[/quote]

Another Saga frontier fan! Awesome! *high-fives*

And now I have started .hack Mutation.

Is it just me or was Kite designed to be a better mage than a fighter? >0

OMEGA FORM ACTIVATE

Also, I didn't like how Rog... Blue's quest ended, I wish they finished it.

[quote name='Tesla' timestamp='1342401082' post='344222']
[/quote]

Another Saga frontier fan! Awesome! *high-fives*

And now I have started .hack Mutation.

Is it just me or was Kite designed to be a better mage than a fighter? >0
[/quote]

Not in my experience... He just can fit any role, depending what you equip him with. I usually switched equipment in fights to get optimal physical damage where possible, but used magic when needed or trying to snipe.

[quote name='Derpametric' timestamp='1342402536' post='344231']
OMEGA FORM ACTIVATE

Also, I didn't like how Rog... Blue's quest ended, I wish they finished it.
[/quote]

Yeah that was annoying. You had to have read the Saga Frontier Ultimania book to understand that. The game also skimped out alot of character development.

[spoiler]
These include Emilia getting vengeance on Fuse later by using the DSC (Dream Super Combo) on him that she learned from Liza.

Blue and Rouge save their land from Hell Lord but can no longer return due to the portal being closed. Kinda reminiscent of DQ3's ending isnt it?

They completely skipped the Wardens backstory. Very disappointing from what we learn of him in Riki's story.

There were supposed to be 2 extra stories. One about Annie's little sister (The sick girl that Riki helped) and one other that I cant remember.

There is more but I cant remember.
[/spoiler]

[quote]Not in my experience... He just can fit any role, depending what you equip him with. I usually switched equipment in fights to get optimal physical damage where possible, but used magic when needed or trying to snipe. [/quote]

This is technically true...but most monsters in Mutation hit like a truck so I am afraid of getting close to them. XD

Tales of the Abyss 3DS. I've had it since it came out in February, and I still haven't beaten it...yet I beat the original PS2 version in roughly a month (would have been less, but school).

I don't know what it is with me and Tales games- once I finish my first playthrough, it's like a chore to beat them again. I think I need to stop going out of my way to do ALL the side quests in my first playthrough. Edited by RedJ

The main reason the Dharma bandits were so hard is because my PSP kept crashing. I ended up fighting them without the hero attacking at all (I thought that was what was causing the crash). It turns out that the crash was caused by having Gabo use Howl and immediately attacking with another character. PSP just doesn't like Howl for some reason. It was just coincidence that Hero always attacked right after Gabo in that particular battle though. Later it crashed if Maribel attacked after Gabo used Howl too. Anyways...

I forgot to mention DQ9. But it's kinda been put on hold for a while.

[/quote]

:laugh: Oh, had no idea that you were talking about my previous avatar of Red lol. But yes, Saga frontier was indeed awesome but I still haven't beaten all of the scenarios yet.

Sadly, Red's scenario is the only one that I have beaten so far,

Sorry about the double post.,, :ws-slimedead: Edited by senshi