Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Knight

Missing 1 sprite from DQM 1+2

Yeah, if I could get the save file, I am sure I can get a better quality rip than that. Among other things, you need to ensure the interpolation is turned off and that you are viewing it at native resolution when you capture it. Did you grab that image using an emulator?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize you had edited your post when I responded. Clearly you are using an emulator then. If you can use pSX, instead of whatever emulator you are using that requires plugins, you should be able to get the same quality.

This is what I use for pSX graphics ripping:

pSX_Graphics_Config.png

Basically, all the fancy crap should be turned off. The trick is making sure the window hasn't been stretched when you take the snap.

Edited by King Zenith

Yes I think you should send the original image to King Zenith to see if he can fix it up because it might be able to look as good as the other sprites.

Also, before I take a screenshot of the missing Mummy sprite from DW2 GBC, can you tell me if this image looks correct? I mean as in size and everything because I played the game without making the window any larger.

sml_gallery_2146_38_2025.png

Let me know if I need to do anything different on changing the image, like with the settings or screen size, and also what do you want it saved as when I take the real image that we need? png, gif, bmp, or even psd?

Edited by Shadow Knight

I originally tried for the pSX, but mine won't adjust screen resolution to what I select and just stays as it is... that's why I assumed ePSXe was used. Then I used the only plugin that didn't crash for video and changed it to the best quality settings (probably added to the problem). So now I just took one of the sprites from the page and used the overlay method until I manually got exactly the same sprite size and got rid of the blur... without further ado:

FooHero.png

A Much Nicer-Looking FooHero.

Also, before I take a screenshot of the missing Mummy sprite from DW2 GBC, can you tell me if this image looks correct? I mean as in size and everything because I played the game without making the window any larger.

sml_gallery_2146_38_2025.png

It looks like your width is correct, but your height isn't quite right.

EDIT: ...meant to add this to my previous post... hit "Post" instead out of habit.

EDIT EDIT: Well. I guess while I'm at it:

Mummy.png

I heard someone calling for their... Mummy.

(Next images included for clarification purposes.)

MummyManClar.pngMummyClar.png

Edited by GrandAlchemist

That new FooHero sprite looks great. Also thanks for doing the Mummy sprite, I was just trying to help out with that, but am not really good at it.

Awesome, that new FooHero looks great. And the Mummy sprite looks great as well. Thanks!

Great job thanks. I have both of them updated now :)