Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kalmana

DQV PS2 translation patch

As a matter of great timing and great luck, i wanted to try out the PS2 version of V, since it's one of my favorite games in the series. However, since Megaupload kicked the bucket the link to the translation is gone. Would it be at all possible to have someone upload the patch somewhere else and post a link to it?

Eh, I dunno. Megaupload's demise has kicked up interest. Maybe the Eric Cartman "You Can't Come" business model actually works!

• Upvote 1

Well, you can find the DQ version of the patch here. I seem to have misplaced the DW version of the patch, though I do have the pre-patched ISO for the DW version if anyone desperately needs that version instead.

• Upvote 1

Happy to help. Enjoy the game! The PS2 graphics and sound make this game even more enjoyable than it already was on SFC and DS.

Hmm...is there a glitch or something with the game (or maybe something went wrong...) But i'm stuck on this screen:

glitch.jpg

The music and SFX keeps playing but i'm unable to move at all or continue the text.

Weird, I've never had that problem, but then again, I've never played via emulation. I'll ask.

This is a common and known issue with PCSX2 emulation. There are several triggers for the freeze, and receiving the mysterious map is the earliest such trigger. Despite that, the actual issue (the sound thread dying), happens when you first save or load a game (you will hear a high-pitched sound instead of background music at the game load screen).

For some background and tips on how to deal with this glitch (including a comment from Dwaine who thinks he has never heard of this before ;)), check out this thread on the DQTranslations forum.

My advice is, once you have fixed this issue and gotten past the map, use save states to save and reload your game. Otherwise you will have to circumvent the issue every time you load your game.

My other advice is to use the latest PCSX2 version if you aren't already. Still, I have had this issue happen on even the latest stable release (0.9.8). I haven't tested any of the latest SVN builds though...

Hope that helps!

It does sort of make sense with the freezing then if the sound que isn't playing for a reason since it is waiting for the "important item get" sound to play before the text continues.

But thanks for the link to it, managed to sneak by the freeze and made it back to the hometown...now i'm playing with debug stuff though :3

We didn't have many testers. All my testing was done on an actual PS2. And since dumbass here was using debug, he didn't think of saving the game at the church where he would've encountered a crash!

Alright, so i should pretty much use savestates before going to any churches, just in case of a crash.

Or, i can just order the PS2 V and just get that on my PS2 and solve the problem that way. Either way i do plan on getting the PS2 V...

^^; found another bug

bugg.jpg

At mount evil it seems that the camera is shy and wants to hide in the ground. Was still able to see the touching scene with his mom though, but then it disappeared again :/

Did you access this scene from the debug menu? It does that on Mt. Evil. The debug places you at the bottom of the model, so it does that on any area with a tall slope. It also does it at the Sarabona watchtower.

Nope, this is from the regular game.

Pretty much when i exited the first indoor area, the camera was forced under the map. Struggled a bit to get to the next indoor area, then when i made it to where the mother was, for the cutscene it was normal, when i regained control i was forced under again until i walked to the area where the mother was, then back down. Got into a random battle then the camera was forced under again.

Is there any way you can determine whether this is a bug with PCSX2 or with the patched ISO? If this happens in the unpatched ISO too for example, then we should probably mention it at the PCSX2 forums along with the sound bug.