Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #84 - Dragon Quest's Most Notable Quotables!

sounds good.

Aww, a bit too late for the entries. Oh well, gonna post mine anyways:

Keifer to hero after saying you are not ready to pray to the statue - "You refuse a request, I slap you around, and the vicious cycle begins anew."

Keifer to hero after saying you are not ready to pray to the statue - "You refuse a request, I slap you around, and the vicious cycle begins anew."

you mustn't post it here (this topic)

you're supposed to send your dq quotes through PM to king zenith

Edited by Gigamagicx6

you mustn't post it here (this topic)

you're supposed to send your dq quotes through PM to king zenith

It's ok. Non-competing submissions can still be made (I have several that I wish I had used for the contest). Anyone with new quotes can feel free to post them directly here. I may keep a running list of them and send them to Woodus for his Quote of the Day feature (assuming he still wants to do that).

Yeah, I don't see why not to do it. May be more Quote of the moment, it may be easier to grab one each time the page loads rather than by day, but I will work it out. Do you think there should be any graphic with it? Sprite of the character that said it or something?

Do you think there should be any graphic with it? Sprite of the character that said it or something?

Yes, I think it would be cooler with graphics. But where could you place it?

Graphics would be good, if possible. Some would be a bit hard to track down, like the various monsters in the Monster Park etc. Still, it would be cool if we could pull it off. Might need to save the graphics for a version 2 though, if it was too much work initially.

Maybe you can use the monster sprites. The ones used in battle.

Maybe you can use the monster sprites. The ones used in battle.

Yeah, that would probably work. I am thinking we should have a template frame (with fixed size) for the quote images, and then we can just jam whatever art / imagery we have that is appropriate for each quote into the frame. Certainly there are more knowledgeable people than me who can speak the goodness of that approach though.

What exactly do you mean by "Quote Image"?

If you wish, I can help.

What exactly do you mean by "Quote Image"?

If you wish, I can help.

By "Quote Image", I mean the panel in which the speaker's sprite would be inserted. An example of a similar such frame template would be the "What is DQ" image panel that is dynamically generated any time you hit the Den's main page:

whatisdq.png

For each of the speakers of the quotes we use, we would presumably generate an image that fits the same template frame size so that you don't get different formatting and layout depending on the quote that is randomly selected to appear.

Does that make sense? I'm not always the best at explaining things.

EDIT: Also, your help would be very much appreciated. I am not sure what Woodus has in mind, so lets see what he says and then we can figure out the best way to help. Thanks!

Edited by King Zenith

I think I get it. Make a little picture of the quote with the character that said it.

I think I get it. Make a little picture of the quote with the character that said it.

Yeah, that's definitely one option. Since the quote length is going to vary, maybe the quote text should be separate from the image? I don't really know. Those kinds of details are best left to the pros.

Yeah. Heidious' quote is kinda long.... hmm... we may need to expand the frame. This is one of those "What Would Woodus Do?" moments

'eres one i ran into:

Brugeo says this if the hero brings him to see hondora - "I like him. He reminds me of my lowly servents."

Sign in to follow this