Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mario

The Bittersweet Taste of Completion

>That feel when you recruit one of every possible monster in DQV, only to realize that there's nothing meaningful left to do in the game

Maxing each one's level just doesn't seem worthwhile. I suppose 156 hours is a damn good amount of gameplay for one file, though. Who else here has recruited every monster, and what did you do afterwards?

• Upvote 2

I did. Afterwards, I said: " I'm not taking the time to level all of these jerks..." then, I went and sold the game to Gamestop.

How I love being a Completionist. :P

I did. Afterwards, I said: " I'm not taking the time to level all of these jerks..." then, I went and sold the game to Gamestop.

How were you so sure that you wouldn't want to play the game again?

I'd have kept it for collection purposes at least.

• Upvote 1

True. I've sold or will sell pretty much all other games, but keep my DQ ones. Oh, but I am about to sell my 3 DWM games (DWM, DWM2: Cobi & Tara), no longer have a system that plays them. Will just hope for the 3DS DQM!

How were you so sure that you wouldn't want to play the game again?

I'd have kept it for collection purposes at least.

I generally find RPG's to only be good for completing once. And I only really bought it for my long car trip anyway.

I didn't need to keep it for my collection, see... I have the original Japanese game cartridge. Therefore, also eliminating my need to want to play it on the DS again.

I never, ever sell games after beating them. At least DQV remains pretty fresh on subsequent playthroughs.

I never, ever sell games after beating them. At least DQV remains pretty fresh on subsequent playthroughs.

I completely agree :)

I will not even get rid of TMNT for the DS, and I only touched that thing long enough to realize it was not what I had expected (I wanted a beat'em up like the old Turtles games).

I completely agree :)

Why not? It might just be me, but I rarely, if ever want to re-play a previous game. The only case I can think of me actually keeping games are with Metal Gear Solid 4 (That's my favourite game...) . I would've kept Baulder's Gate, until realizing it sold for 100 Dollars at the time.

I've replayed most of my games at least once. For myself, a beaten game is a trophy of sorts, and my emotional attachment to them can't be bought for the eight dollars that EB Games offers.

• Upvote 2

I've replayed most of my games at least once. For myself, a beaten game is a trophy of sorts, and my emotional attachment to them can't be bought for the eight dollars that EB Games offers.

Someone will pay $12 for it on eBay though!

This.

Also, I often dive into a lot of the extra content and really go all out with my RPG's. If I've spent over 100 hours on a game to have a really great character/party, I don't want to give up all of my work so easily.