Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mimas

Translation of the Official Website

To help spread information on DQX I thought that I would translate the Japanese official website for the game.

After I catch up to the websites current contents I will go ahead and start updating the thread when new information is released there.

The official website itself can be found here.

I would also like to thank my friend Kichimaru for looking over my translation and giving me guidance and help.

Features of Dragon Quest X

Game Info

Game Topics:

World View

-Orgreede & Pukland

-Wenna & Eltona

-Dwachakka & Mysterious Vehicle

Five Tribes

The Story of the Human World

Battle System

Job System

Become a Craftsman!

Various buildings

Communication

New Monster Encyclopedia

What is a Beta Test?

Edited by Mimas
  • Upvote 2

Features of Dragon Quest X

Ever since the first "Dragon Quest" went on sale in 1986 the series has been a representative of the Japanese home role playing game. From this familiar series the latest game is "Dragon Quest X Awaken the Five Tribes: Online"!

The newest creation is Online!

This time the new game features the ability to go online! If you connect to a network there is a world with adventurers like you!

01.jpg

02.jpg

On the screen the world is expressed with the same cell shading techniques that have been used since "Dragon Quest VIII"

Up until now the people in the cities of "Dragon Quest" talked to you as if they were real living humans. This time, in "Dragon Quest X", amazingly, they will be real humans! Indeed, it will be like everyone is playing together as a resident of the "Dragon Quest world"

[03.jpg

[Picture translation:The first menu says:"Actions: Hello, Call Out, Wave, Be Happy, Laugh, Embarrassed, Surprised, Worry, Sit, Pray". The window next to the menu says "Line: Excuse me". Under that by pressing x or a you can control if the "line" is said or not.]

You can use simple commands and actions to communicate with other players. You can also change the meaning of the "lines". 

04.jpg

05.jpg

Battle Scene

06.jpg

[Picture Description: Menu: Comrade. Job: All Jobs; Min Level: 50; Max Level: 50; From Whom: From Anyone; Look for someone with these traits. The menu on the right says "Jobs. All Jobs; Warrior; Priest; Mage; Martial Artist. ]

And of course, in this "Dragon Quest X" world you yourself are the main character. If you party up with other players or not it is completely your choice. You can even team up with "supporting comrades" which are AI characters from the familiar series town bar so that you can continue you adventure by yourself.

When you first start the game you play "offline" during the prelude of the game! You can enjoy the "Dragon Quest" story you've known up until now. Find out with your own eyes what kind of danger is creeping up in this new world! On top of that when you connect to the internet there are adventurers like you and a new story is waiting for you!

By connecting to the internet the play stretches to infinity, "Dragon Quest X Awaken the 5 Tribes Online". Please experience the true fun of a "Role Playing game" on the Wii and the Wii U.

Edited by Mimas
  • Upvote 4

Wow, thanks for sharing all of this Mimas!

I am so pumped for this game. The wait is going to kill me.

• Upvote 1

Up until now the people in the cities of "Dragon Quest" talked to you as if they were real living humans. This time, in "Dragon Quest IX"...

I may not be able to read Japanese but I'm pretty sure that's supposed to say "Dragon Quest X". ;)

Thank you for taking the time to translate this for us!

Edited by GrandAlchemist

Thanks! It's great to "understand" what's on the official website!

• Upvote 1

Yes, thanks for doing this for us, would you care if I copied your work here to the main annoucements forum?

So the online play is only going to add bonus stuff? Phew... By the way, thanks for the translation, very useful!

Thanks for all the hard and awesome work! Here is your reward.

couch_bat_by_derwen-d3k4hs4.gif

Your welcome.

I am so pumped for this game. The wait is going to kill me.

Especially since we don't even have a release date. They aren't even saying when the Beta Test will start either.

I may not be able to read Japanese but I'm pretty sure that's supposed to say "Dragon Quest X". ;)

My fingers still haven't gotten used to the game. The right hand just reaches out for that "I" while the left is reaching for the "X". I wonder how long it will take for me to break that reflex.

Yes, thanks for doing this for us, would you care if I copied your work here to the main annoucements forum?

As far as I know I can still post to that forum since you gave me that power when I was translating the DQIX blog, but feel free to put this there.

So the online play is only going to add bonus stuff? Phew... By the way, thanks for the translation, very useful!

I didn't read it as being that clear on it. It only mentions the prelude being offline. After that we don't know if it will always be online or not.

Awesome work! I'm also eagerly awaiting this game. I hope you guys are up for some monster slayings!

Thanks, I went ahead and posted it, you can sure post the other translations there if you want, if not I will copy them there :) Thanks again for doing this.

I really dislike the "clutter" you get in these MMo type games. Every area will be crowded with players running about, really takes a lot off of the feeling of being a 'legendary hero'.

• Upvote 1

I really dislike the "clutter" you get in these MMo type games. Every area will be crowded with players running about, really takes a lot off of the feeling of being a 'legendary hero'.

I've been worried about it too, I hope they have settings to adjust the amount of text on screen

It's definitely good to know. :thumbsup::wd_coolslime:

Game Topics

Gathering Comrades for Your Adventure

When you are adventuring through a vast world, before your eyes there will be many strong enemies to fight. In times like those it is of course important to have reliable allies. Here we will introduce who you gather together comrades to form a party.

main01.jpgmain02.jpg

Say that you are a Mage. Even though you have powerful offensive spells, you might not have confidence in protracted battles? At times like that you should invite Warrior and Priest players.

In the town there are other adventurers like you. Surely you will find a perfect comrade.

Inviting a Comrade

An adventurer with a communication mark above them means that you can talk to them using only one button. When you do that the persons status as well as an already set profile message, like "Dragon Quest IX," will be displayed. In other words you too can start out with an attractive message already set.

main01.jpg

[Picture Translation: I'm a studying priest! I can do the hustle dance since I used to be a Minstrel! Great to meet you!]

main02.jpg

[Picture Translation: Menu: What do you do?: Look Closer; Spell; Use an item; Exchange; Invite them as a comrade; Follow them]

If there is someone you are interested in then invite them as a comrade right away. With just one comrade you can invite a comrade.

main03.jpg

If the person gives the OK, then they become your party member!

main04.jpg

You can also join a party for just a moment!

Once you've joined the party of another adventurer you might find that it is hard to get out of the party!? But in "Dragon Quest X" when you are invited into a party you can tell them how long you will join them for. Of course, when the time comes you can still extend the deadline.

The amount of time they are will join is communicated. It the person asking says OK, then they can join the party.

The "Follow them" command

The "Follow them" command is a convenient function for when you are exploring a wide field with comrades.

main01.jpg

[Picture Translation:Plan: Follow them; Full health; Comrades; Team; Friend; Various Settings; Distribute Skill points; Support Menu; End adventuring.]

main02.jpg

Choose a member of your party and you will automatically follow them. If only one person knows the location of where you are heading you can have everyone else follow them.

main03.jpgmain04.jpg

While the person in the front is working, the people behind might be exchanging information?

main05.jpg

Use team work to challenge strong enemies!

The "Cheer on" command

You can see how a party battle that you aren't a part of is doing on the field. As a general rule when you see a party fighting a monster, please "cheer" them on.

main01.jpgmain02.jpg

You can also talk to the other players in battle. If you use the "Cheer" command here you can "Psyche Up" the party, and improve their chances of winning!

main03.jpg

AI Characters can Also Join Your Party

It is a little embarrassing to talk to people you don't know...

For shy people? you can choose a "supporting comrade".

A "Support Comrade" is a character that will be on AI during battles whom you can meet up with at the cities bar.

main01.jpgmain02.jpg

[Picture Caption: Text: Mr. Giro. Will you pay the required contract fee of 1600G? Stats: Warrior Level 32; Fame Level 0; Attack 99; Defense: 127; Max HP 129; Max MP 33; Speed 32; Deftness 38; Style 43; Weight 124; Equipped Steel Blade; Contract cost (blank) G].

main03.jpg

The "Bar Staff" are AI characters at the towns bar. They will look for characters based on the conditions that you set. Of course you can also have a party that is a mix of support comrades and players.

main04.jpg

Support comrades will follow you in a line as you walk. It should be a familiar "Dragon Quest" site by now?

main05.jpg

According to the tactics you've set for the AI characters, they will react like "Dragon Quest" games up to now. They are great at acting in a supporting position for a party.

main06.jpg

Even when you are asleep your character is on an Adventure!?

On top of that, you can record yourself as a "Support Comrade" at the bar! If you record yourself there when you end adventuring your character could be paid to be a support comrade!?

In other words, when you aren't playing the game your character could be continuing the adventure. Moreover, when you are a support character for another party you get experience so you get a bit of an extra bonus.

main07.jpgmain08.jpg

If you record yourself as a support comrade you automatically end your adventure. When you start again you will know the results from your time as a support character.

Things that will Help you in your Adventure

In "Dragon Quest X", everything that you see is a part of a real "world. Waiting for you there are things that will help you on your adventure, and surprising discoveries.

main01.jpg

Map

You can check your surroundings on a map, not just in town but on the field as well.

main01.jpg

Signs

When you follow a path in a field you can discover signs. If you make sure to check them you can get to where you are going in this wide world without getting lost.

main01.jpg

It is all a real world. So if you don't look carefully at a sign....?

main02.jpg

[Picture translation: Ex reads the sign! But this the back of the sign and nothing can be read.]

Treasure

main01.jpgmain02.jpg

[Picture Translation: You've obtained a Green Moss]

The same as in "Dragon Quest IX" here and there there are "shinny points". When you search there you may get a helpful item.

main03.jpgmain04.jpg

[Picture Translation: Antidotal Herb; Heals the poison of one comrade; Currently held: 0; Empty Space in the bag: 73]

Also, if you leave the path you might find treasure chests! Of course inside of the chests are useful items for your adventure.

Auto-Run

There are various useful functions available in "Dragon Quest X" so that you can continue exploring the wide fields. This "Auto Run" feature allows you to run continuously in the same direction.

main01.jpgmain02.jpg

You don't have to hold your finger against the arrow keys. Only touch it when you want to change directions. That way you can enjoy the scenery as you run, or talk to people.

main03.jpg

Edited by Mimas

World View

The stage of this adventure is a new world called "Astoltia"! It's an unbelievably wide world made up of four continents and an archipelago. But, in the middle of this world there are some suspicious black clouds...

section00.png

Orgreede Continent

bg_main.png

01.jpg

Orgreede Continent 1

The native land of the Ogre's. There is an extreme range in temperature with the land having a mix of prairies and icebergs.

02.jpg

Orgreede Continent 2

In the northern part of the continents is an iceberg zone that is covered with ice all year round. But even here the Ogre's live a proud life.

03.jpg

A Look at an Orgreede Continent city

An Ogre town is populated by rustic buildings that make use of the landscape.

04.jpg

Orgreede Image Board 1

05.jpg

Orgreede Image Board 2

06.jpg

Orgreede Continent 3

The north is an intense environment covered in icebergs.

07.jpg

Orgreede Continent 4

On the other hand in the south are large plains broken up by canyons.

08.jpg

Orgreede Continent 5

Twilight approaches. Will more dreadful monsters appear?

09.jpg

Village 1

In a corner of the iceberg area is "Langal Village" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled}

10.jpg

Town 2

In the middle of Orgreede is the castle town of the small country "Glen".

Pukland Continent

bg_main.png

01.jpg

Pukland Continent 1

Home of the Puklipo. It is characterized by its lush green plains and gently sloping hills.

02.jpg

Pukland Continent 2

In a certain place on the continent there is a giant sunflower shaped windmill tower. It could be called the landmark of the continent.

03.jpg

A Look at an Pukland Continent city

The towns of the Puklipo resemble their eager to amuse personality as the buildings are in rows of cheerful shapes.

04.jpg

Town 1

There is a refined atmosphere in the capital city that resembles a grand castle, "Megistrees" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled} Are the Puklipo also a race that loves art?!

05.jpg

Village 2

An open village lined with round blue roofs. Do people show off their performances in the public square?!

06.jpg

Pukland Continent 5

There may be an fairy tale atmosphere floating through the continent but there are also places where powerful monsters wander.

07.jpg

Pukland Continent 4

There are mysterious trees in a row that almost seem to take on the joyful characteristics of the race.

08.jpg

Pukland Continent 3

There are vivid tracks of green that make up "Pukland Continent"

09.jpg

Pukland Continent Image Board 2

10.jpg

Pukland Continent Image Board 1

Edited by Mimas

Looks great! Also, I love how you can cheer on other partys that you encounter. What a neat DQ spin on the online field!

I will need other English speaking people who can play with me when I import this game. Great work Mimas! If we share the treasure trove, would you want to team up and form a clan?

Wenna Islands

bg_main.png

01.jpg

Wenna Islands 1

The Weddi originate from this archipelago made up of many islands.

02.jpg

Wenna Islands 2

Some of the islands look like coral reefs that were exposed and have started to erode.

03.jpg

A Look at a Wenna Islands city

The towns that dot the Wenna Islands are colored by their focus on the ocean.

04.jpg

A Mysterious Request from the Prince

In this scene the "Veniard Kingdom" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled} personally makes a request of the player character.

{Translation of text: Prince Odis <Not official romanization>: Rather than saying it with the mouth, I would like to show it to your eyes. Would you come to the Eternal Underground Labyrinth?}

05.jpg

Town 2

The peculiar beauty of the "Veniard Kingdom" brings to mind white sea shells. It is said that the queen here is a blessing to the Weddi.

06.jpg

Village 1

An open village that faces the sea. When the sunsets glow falls upon the beach it feels just like a resort!?

07.jpg

Wedda Islands 5

The ecosystem where the Weddi are brought up is like a tropical rainforest.

08.jpg

Wedda Islands 4

The ground is full of palm like trees and fern like plants.

09.jpg

Wedda Islands 3

Various sized islands make up the "Wedda Islands" The island is blessed with abundant water and warmth.

10.jpg

Wedda Islands Image Board 2

11.jpg

Wedda Islands Image Board 1

Eltona

bg_main.png

01.jpg

Eltona Continent 1

Eltona is where the Elves live in harmony with the environment and rejoice over the beauty of their natural features. Multicolored flowers bloom along the main road.

02.jpg

Eltona Continent 2

Time naturally passes in the world of Astoltia.There are places that show a whole different face between night and day.

03.jpg

A Look at a Eltona Continen city

The culture of Elves is full of oriental atmosphere and can be felt in the characteristics and civilization of the towns and villages.

04.jpg

Town 2

This is the kingdom's capital "Kamiharumui" {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled}. Most player characters will end up coming here.

05.jpg

Village 1

In a clearing in the forest is an isolate village. The buildings make good use of the natural wood in their construction.

06.jpg

Eltona Continent 5

The plains area has seasonal flowers, and in some places you might see falling cherry blossoms?

07.jpg

Eltona Continent 4

Eltona Continent has an oriental taste to the air. So the wandering monsters also fit an oriental mood?!

08.jpg

Eltona Continent 3

Most of Eltona Continent is made up of lush woodlands.

09.jpg

Eltona Image Board 2

10.jpg

Eltona Image Board 1

Dwachakka

bg_main.png

01.jpg

Dwachakka Continent 1

This is the continent where most of the Dwaves live. It is made up mainly of deserts and volcanoes.

02.jpg

Dwachakka Continent 2

Here and there you can find the ruins of what could be called remnants of proudly splendid culture.

03.jpg

A Look at an Dwachakka Continent city

The city where most of the Dwaves live is made up of strong stone buildings. You can sense the superior construction techniques of the race.

04.jpg

Danger Approaching Draworm {Translation Note: No romanization was given so this is just my guess on how it should be spelled}

You spot a man dejected about the future of the city. What is happening?

{Translation of text: If that stone looses its shine then Draworm will sink into the sand...... Qu, quickly I must run away! }

05.jpg

Town 3

The giant town of "Draworm Kingdom" is said to have been constructed several thousand years ago. What is the secret that has continued to protect its elegance?

06.jpg

Town 2

This town used to flourish in mining minerals. It seems for a certain reason mining is not continuing and the town is decaying.

07.jpg

Dwachakka Continent 3

You can find the buildings here and there that were created with the "blessing" of cleverness due to the harsh conditions of the environment.

08.jpg

Dwachakka Continent 2

Various ores can be mined in the Dwachakka Continent. The activity and vigor of the earth also causes the volcanic belt that spews up lava.

09.jpg

Dwachakka Continent 1

In the middle of the continent is a giant desert area. Your sight can be veiled by sandstorms.

10.jpg

Dwachakka Continent Image Board 2

11.jpg

Dwachakka Continent Image Board 1

The Mysterious Vehicle

01.jpg

Five continents scattered about the world.

As a method of transportation from these distant continents there is a mysterious vehicle!?

Edited by Mimas

I will need other English speaking people who can play with me when I import this game. Great work Mimas! If we share the treasure trove, would you want to team up and form a clan?

Of course! What is the point of playing an online multiplayer DQ game if I can't play with my friends here!?