Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mimas

Translation of the Official Website

I hope I get the chance to play this with you guys. If there's clan/guild form, we should all form a Dragon'sDen clan/guild together there. Thanks for the awesome job you done so far Mimas. It's always a nice joy to see you continuing to translate stuff like this for us. :)

These pics are alot more meaningful with some context attached. Thanks! I also hadn't seen those conceptarts of the areas before. They seem more vibrant and lush than their ingame counterparts.

Ahaha! Woo! Hunter mechs! Hopefully that means killing machines will be in this, too. And the hunter mechs are in the Wenna Islands, eh? Guess that means there'll be grinding to be had there.

(also a tortoceratops, I think it's called. Not sure what to think of that. I know either it or one of its alternates was vexing in V...)

Awesome job, though, Mimas. It's great of you to take the time to translate these and side them with the pictures, yo.

Beautiful work Mimas. :thumbsup:

I see the sword enemies from the 4th game.

Thanks for the info! I have been getting much more excited about this game! I will gladly import it!

I will need other English speaking people who can play with me when I import this game. Great work Mimas! If we share the treasure trove, would you want to team up and form a clan?

Of course! What is the point of playing an online multiplayer DQ game if I can't play with my friends here!?

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you Mimas. I very much appreciate it.

{Translation Note: No romanization was given for anything other than continent names so this is just my guess on how people's names and places should be spelled}

Grand Story

After having becoming a new race, when you start your adventure in "Astoltia" there are five great stories waiting for you on each continent. It is only a small fraction, but we will give you a peep at some of the scenes from the story.

Pukland Continent

A kidnapping case in this fun town!?

In a place that should always be enveloped in laughs, a town in Pukland, a terrible kidnapping case happens?!

section01_01.jpg

[Text Translation: Inspector Pakure: "The evil man of the century Naburetto!! He is a terrible criminal that took the children of Allfair! That he is!!"]

section01_02.jpg

[Text Translation: Naburetto: "All the brats are trapped on the other side of this gate. It certainly won't open now."]

Eltona Continent

There is a girl who can determine the existence of a town?

The existence of the "Wind Carrier" is the keystone to the continuation of the Elf Town. What reason would the girl have for rejecting her place as heir?

section02_01.jpg

[Text Translation: Feudal Lord Taketora: "Fuura. This town hasn't had the Wind Sending ceremony in six years. The wind in the town is stagnating, and the number of people complaining about being in bad physical health has increased."]

section02_02.jpg

[Text Translation: Fuura: "I down;t want to be a Wind Carrier.... I definitely don't want to ride the Kamushika!"]

Orgreede Continent

What is the mysterious illness that pains the King....?

In a certain kingdom in the continent of Orgreede there is a king suffering from a disease!?

What is its connection to the Kingdom of Gaurdlant?

section03_01.jpg

[Text Translation: King Bagudo: "Crap, my head hurts like it will split.....! Damn Gaurdlant...."]

section03_02.jpg

[Text Translation: Sage Eidos: "Damn King Bagudo. This has become difficult hasn't it."]

Decide who the story leader will be!

When you make a party with other players, when you decide who will be the "Story Leader" you decide whose story will be progressed. Of course if the story you are playing has progressed the same as the "Story Leader" you can progress your story along with the leader.

section04_01.jpg

[Picture Description: Party: Invite to the party; Decide on the Party Leader; Decide on the Story Leader; Remove from the party; Split from the party; Break up the party]

section04_02.jpg

[Text Translation: "An announcement for the King of Bagudo! This traveler desires to join the Castle Glen guard."]

Convenient Facility's and Items

"Dragon Quest X" will have a huge world hitherto unseen as the stage of adventure. But there will be facilities and items to appearing that will help you move about this world.

Continental Railroad

The "Continental Railroad" is called the "Earth's Ark" It connects all five continents of Astoltia, it is an extremely long distance railroad. Of course the time to travel takes just a moment!

section06_01.jpg

[Picture Description: Julet Station]

section06_02.jpg

[Text Translation: "Welcome to the Continetal Railroad! Which station will you be going to?"]

section06_03.jpg

[Picture Description: Upper Left says "Eastern Glen Territory]

Rula Stone

"Rula Stone" is a convenient item used for transportation {Translators note: Rula is the Japanese name for the spell known as "Zoom" or "Return".}. If you record the place that you will to go, you fly there immediately upon use of the item! For one Rula stone you can only record one destination. Of course you can change the destination that is recorded.

section07_01.jpg

[Picture Description: Right Box: Condition: Ekusu Lv. 32; Left Box: Pray; Rune Stone; Resurrect; Treat Poison; Remove Curse; Lower Box: Have the current town recorded on your Rune Stone; Text Translation: "All who live are children of god. What business brings you to my church?]

section07_02.jpg

[Picture Description: Upper Left says "Eastern Glen Territory]

Save your Memories as Photos

There is an item that you can receive in the game called "Photo Machine" . If you have it you can take "Photos" where you are. Save the memories of your travels by taking pictures of your favorite scenery.

section00_01.jpg

[Text Translation: "The thing called a Photo Machine is really very wonderful! If you want, you can try using it. Now, please take this Photo Machine." ;"Yes"; "No"]

section00_02.jpg

[Picture Description: Number of pictures left 0/100 pictures. (a)Take a picture (x) Don't show your character (y) Stop]

It is also convenient because you can take a picture without showing yourself.

section00_03.jpg

[Picture Description: Number of pictures left 0/100 pictures. (a)Take a picture (x) Don't show your character (y) Stop]

The Photo Machine connects to a player only site.

The photos you take are saved on "Awoken Travelers Square", which is a site that you can access if you can make use of if you are a player of the game. You can see your favorite pictures anytime you want on the internet, and also show them to your friends.

section01_01.jpg

[Text Translation: "Save this Photo?; "Yes"; "No";]

section01_02.jpg

section01_03.jpg

section01_04.jpg

section01_05.jpg

section01_06.jpg

section01_07.jpg

You can also take photos of Battle Scenes!

On top of that you can use the Photo machine for battle scenes. You can leave a record of your fierce battle against a strong opponent.

section02_01.jpg

Draw closer to the ecology of monsters!

Of course, you can freely choose what you take pictures of! You can take pictures of not just memorable scenery and events but also the mysterious ecology of the monsters that live in the world. You can challenge yourself to make your own "Monster Ecology Encyclopaedia"!

Slime Besu {Translators Note: AKA She Slime or Red Slime}

section03_01.jpg

Among the monsters the Slime Besu is rather tame. At night it sleeps?

Oni Kozou {Translators Note: AKA Orc, Pickayune}

section03_02.jpg

[Picture Description: Command box: Attack; Spell; Skill; Item; Strategy;]

It hits its behind to provoke you. It is good at annoying others.

Thief Rabbit

section03_03.jpg

The Thief Rabbit attacks like a full fledged wrestler using drop kicks and body slams.

Yetti {Translators Note: AKA Iceloth, Abominable showman}

section03_04.jpg

With it's powerful tongue movements it can lick you causing a temporary drop in your defense.

Death Slave {Translators Note: AKA Dead Resident}

section03_05.jpg

It can do a tricky attack where it removes the ball and chain attached to it and uses a bone as a bat to hit you.

Pig Hat

section03_06.jpg

The "Pig Hat" wears a mages hat. Amazingly, it is the hat part that attacks!?

Bandit Wolf {Translators Note: AKA Ruff Ruffian}

section03_07.jpg

Also keep an eye on the way monsters are defeated! The Bandit Wold collapses turning their body in the overblown style of a period drama. {Translation Note: By period drama it is specifically referring to Japanese samurai movie style.}

Thanks everyone for your support!

I hope I get the chance to play this with you guys. If there's clan/guild form, we should all form a Dragon'sDen clan/guild together there. Thanks for the awesome job you done so far Mimas. It's always a nice joy to see you continuing to translate stuff like this for us. :)

Glad to do it. While I don't think that there will be official guilds in the game, there is nothing stopping us from acting like an unofficial guild. The best part of this game for me is that it will offer that online play that I wished we had in DQIX so that we could all play together.

Does it say which system the graphics are from? I am assuming the Wii.

Nope, nothing mentioned. I'm sure they are taken on a machine they use for developing the game anyways, so they probably aren't the same as they will be on the Wii anyways.

It'll be hard to play this AND XIV when the PS3 version comes out. :P Somehow I'll manage.

I need to stop looking at these screens, it is making the wait unbearable.

So the online play is only going to add bonus stuff? Phew... By the way, thanks for the translation, very useful!

Don't get carried away. They indicated only that the "prologue" is offline, and "a new adventure" awaits online. That makes me think character creation and backstory are offline before the real adventure begins online. Like in DQIX (if it were made this way) you'd probably go online at the point in the story when you first arrive in Stornway (your first time "out in the world!")

It is nice to see that you don't HAVE to play with others....

But I'm still worried about 2 big things (maybe more but this for now....)

1. What happens 20 years from now when I want to replay this like I replay DW3 every year? I can't because the servers are down and 90% of the game was "online". :(

2. Will story take a backseat (like it started to in IX) in order to leave more flexibility for human players? When NPC's talk, they further the story. When I select from a menu of "hiya!" or "Do you want some puff puff" or "I'm a fighter"......... not so much story advancement. And which one of us is really the hero? I still need proof that an MMO can succeed in NOT being open-ended where the only point is to do sidequests and get stronger.

Yetti {Translators Note: AKA Iceloth, Abominable showman}

section03_04.jpg

With it's powerful tongue movements it can lick you causing a temporary drop in your defense.

Sorry to be nitpicky here, but I think the current name of that monster is powie yowie :P (think they kept it as yeti during the 2nd generation / wave) I believe the Abominable Showman was specifically the purple one that could make clones of itself in that Endor tournament. That aside, greating going with the translating.

... and Sage Eidos... didn't Square Enix recently buy / merge with the company Eidos?

1. What happens 20 years from now when I want to replay this like I replay DW3 every year? I can't because the servers are down and 90% of the game was "online". :(

In 20 years, Square-Enix-Bandai-Namco-GM-Phizer-etc, etc, will be preparing the second re-release of DQX. It will be free to play on the server implanted inside your skull.