Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Esturkdq4

Dragons Den Dungeon Crawler RPG Demo Discussion/Play Log Topic

99% chance the main game is complete by Sunday, then I'll start working on the post-game later in december and may finish it shortly after christmas or early January.

As of today the Main game is Complete, will take some time off before starting post-game content next Monday.

Well, It's new year's day! Hopefully you are finished (I know its a bit early, I haven't gone to bed yet.) today, if not, take your time. As Jami said in his topic, "You can't rush art" (I didn't bother to "quote" it) I haven't played the demo, I just saw this topic, but once the full game is done, I'll just play that. I don't know if I'm in it, but it doesn't matter as long as its fun!

Happy New Year's everybody of Dragon's Den! Have fun!

Well, It's new year's day! Hopefully you are finished (I know its a bit early, I haven't gone to bed yet.) today, if not, take your time. As Jami said in his topic, "You can't rush art" (I didn't bother to "quote" it) I haven't played the demo, I just saw this topic, but once the full game is done, I'll just play that. I don't know if I'm in it, but it doesn't matter as long as its fun!

Happy New Year's everybody of Dragon's Den! Have fun!

I'm working on the post game content right now, should finish that within the next week or so, then it'll be ready to launch.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, after nearly 3 long years, I have finally finished the game. I'll post the file download link a little later tonight.

Here's the Final Complete Version of the game link:

Just delete the save files as they are my test files, and won't really work anyways.

Also, the file isn't available to DL yet, will probably have to wait until Sunday sometime, maybe Monday at the latest.

EDIT:Oops, found something I need to fix, will remove that link and put a new one up tomorrow evening.

Edited by Esturkdq4

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that stays up until the early morning working in RMVX.

Just finished mapping Alefgard... made an 8bit Tileset. Tileset needs fixing though, the water animation is screwy. I don't even want it to animate, but of course it can't be changed w/out rgss scripting if at all.

Oh well. I can't wait to play your game! It looks fun.

And if anyone wants to do LP of my game, I wouldn't mind, I'd actually think it'd be pretty cool to see.

The game is fun and all...but it is way too hard. I'm only at the 2nd area and I cant fight anything without getting my butt kicked and I'm already Level 5 and Class level 2. So far the only place I can get healed at is the First save point of the game. Is it supposed to be like this?

Edit: Okay...I know what I did wrong. Thanks Esturk! I will probably do a LP of this game now. :)

Edited by Neofrodo

The game is fun and all...but it is way too hard. I'm only at the 2nd area and I cant fight anything without getting my butt kicked and I'm already Level 5 and Class level 2. So far the only place I can get healed at is the First save point of the game. Is it supposed to be like this?

Edit: Okay...I know what I did wrong. Thanks Esturk! I will probably do a LP of this game now. :)

Nice, looking forward to it.

Am I the only thats going to play this game? if so....thats kind of disappointing. :(

I'm getting there. Been stuck on Gailadria on my cell phone for a bit. Can you play this in a window or only full-screen. I typically watch TV on my computer and play things in a separate screen. Since I'm one of the main party, I definitely want to play more of this than I have so far!

I'm getting there. Been stuck on Gailadria on my cell phone for a bit. Can you play this in a window or only full-screen. I typically watch TV on my computer and play things in a separate screen. Since I'm one of the main party, I definitely want to play more of this than I have so far!

I think it's only the window, I don't think it allows for Full Screen anyways.

Alt+Enter to toggle full screen. If you hit f1 for options, you can set it to always start one way or the other. If you can, I suggest running a dual monitor setup.

Thanks!

I'd actually wait to play for about a week or so, working on a new version of the game, with fixes, changes, and a final game content addition.

Did you fix the transparency on the monster sprites? A lot of parts of the NES sprites are transparent where they shouldn't be.

Did you fix the transparency on the monster sprites? A lot of parts of the NES sprites are transparent where they shouldn't be.

Hard to fix, because if I removed that transparency, the monsters would be squares as I usually make white or black transparent(the usually background colors) and for some of the NES sprites it removes the white/black from the sprite.

Why don't you just use a different color?

Here's Version 2.0 of my game:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21319514/Dragons_Den_RPG_Dungeon_Crawler_7z

Here's the changes:

• Attack and Defense for every piece of equipment has been slightly increased.
  • Many skills that previously had no MP cost have a MP cost now, plus other skills had theres changed and some had the damage changed as well.
  • Gold was dropped while experience was increased some for all random enemy encounters.
  • All Post-Game bosses had their attack power increased, to varying amounts.
  • Those same bosses were all given an additional attack for the end of each turn, with the attack/skill chosen for each boss chosen by me, they do vary some.
  • AP drops were increased throughout the game, a fair amount higher then before.
  • After beating the post-game, there's an additional New Area/Dungeon to explore.

What about the title screen? You know, the one that won the contest all those years ago? I know mine didn't win, and I'm asking you to use mine. In fact, I liked the other one better. But either one looks a whole lot better than the default RMVX titles screen.

What about the title screen? You know, the one that won the contest all those years ago? I know mine didn't win, and I'm asking you to use mine. In fact, I liked the other one better. But either one looks a whole lot better than the default RMVX titles screen.

I've totally forgot about that. I'll probably look into putting in a new title screen for Version 3.0.

yeah, there will be a 3.0, already have ideas in my head about potential changes, also will have to wait for some people to play 2.0 and give thoughts on it.

Edited by Esturkdq4