Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
DJ BlackJack

question for people that just got DQMJ2

is there a reason why people ask what to do in the game or ask where to find monsters constantly? i ask because everytime i visit the site and check new content, its FILLED with DQMJ2 topics. all i can suggest is just play the game (like normal people and not tempt people to look at spoilers who dont yet have the game) or ask google or gamefaqs for events, where to find monsters, etc. that way anything ppl find out it will be in the DQMJ2 section on the home page, away from the ppl that dont have it yet. google is a very useful tool. as u may know japan already has the game and maybe ppl posted some topics on it in a different site. use google translate and read what they had to say about the game, where to find or get monsters or items and weapons/armor, etc.

just a suggestion. for ppl that dont care, disregard the topic. for ppl that do, JUST PLAY THE GAME like a normal person.

an example is if im stuck in a game, ill look it up on gamefaqs rather than ask ppl.

• Upvote 1

I agree with DJ Blackjack. I don't really get why anybody would need to look it up anyways, the game is pretty simple. Strategy for battles is one thing, asking how to set fire to the bonfires in iceolation or how to deliver a freaking letter from the slime in the doubtback to the mole gaurding the cave is another. I mean... think a little before running to the internet. PLEASE!

Well this game doesn't do the best job explaining it's mechanics.Like why does a synthesizing a slime holding a Phoenix septre is stronger than a regular slime.I'm playing this game blind, I haven't looked up anything, but I would say that's "normal", in fact I think we are in the minority .

Well, i don't really mind if people ask for help with where certain monsters are, as long as we don't get 5 topics on looking for a single monster.

Then again, it seems that we don't really have a list of where to capture certain monsters Perhaps i'll copy some of the area maps and make a list of the monsters you can find there in the day/night/bad weather. . .

also what monsters have the passive skill sets and where/how to get them.

Ward Sets are useful, but the guide says little on how/where to get them.

You can actually search for the skill sets from a different menu. Pretty much just click the one you're looking for and go. But yeah, it would be nice to just have them on in the companion section as well.

From what i heard the Ward Sets are rare to get. Like you can get Sap Ward (which i'm looking for) can actually be found on a dracky. . . I'm gonna scout a bunch of them and see for myself. I also heard that they could be on the phantom monsters.

edit~

I actually just scouted my first dracky looking for Sap Ward and....He has it. So i'll just confirm that Sap ward is on Dracky. . .just rare.

Skeletons apparently can get Sleep Ward

Rockbombs - Crack Ward

Silvapithecus - Bang ward

Edited by Kalmana

*looks through his monster farm*

Rojo has Poison Ward(synthed from a healer and a muddy hand)

Purple has Crack Ward(barracuda+[???+weaken beakon])

gr has Blade Blunter Ward (reward for getting 50 monsters)

Grande2 has Paralysis ward(from a snowbird)

Toxie has Crack Ward(synthed from a mischeivous mole and a scorpion)

GD2 has Dim Ward(synthed from a kalamari kid and a snail slime)

A wild-caught platypunk has Frizz Ward

A wild-caught kelpsy has Sizz ward

"" Firn Fiend with Fire Breath Ward

""Mecha-mynah with bang ward

""Shadow with Woosh Ward

""Conklave with bang ward

Grim has Frizz ward(skulpent+[skelegon+the purple frog thing])

"" ghost has Dazzle Ward

that's what I have currently. Didn't realize I had so many ward sets already. :)

To respond to the original poster; perhaps we should have dedicated threads for specific discussion and a general discussion thread so there won't be so many "useless threads." For example there can be a thread dedicated to team building, one for Wi-Fi battling, a help and FAQ thread (for the people who don't think to use the internet). I could list more, but those are threads that I would like to see. Someone let me know if they would like to see something like this.

I think people make threads for because they like to discuss things with actual people or to up their post count, but I don't really know.

You can actually search for the skill sets from a different menu. Pretty much just click the one you're looking for and go. But yeah, it would be nice to just have them on in the companion section as well.

From what i heard the Ward Sets are rare to get. Like you can get Sap Ward (which i'm looking for) can actually be found on a dracky. . . I'm gonna scout a bunch of them and see for myself. I also heard that they could be on the phantom monsters.

edit~

I actually just scouted my first dracky looking for Sap Ward and....He has it. So i'll just confirm that Sap ward is on Dracky. . .just rare.

Skeletons apparently can get Sleep Ward

Rockbombs - Crack Ward

Silvapithecus - Bang ward

If you goto the companions page and check the skillsets box at the top, is that what you are looking for?

No, that shows what skillset the monster comes with if you breed one. When you scout wild monsters though, they often have other skillsets and this is the only way to acquire many of the "ward" skillsets.

The problem with just listing monsters (like for example, dracky has Sap Ward) is that you also need to specify the location of the monster because the location seems to be a factor.

Here is my list so far. I don't have locations for many of them, but the biggest thing to note here is the best bet for Sag Ward (needed for Uber Attack) is the headhunters in Treepidation. I guess the odds are very good that they have it. Anyway, the list:

Dracky - Sap Ward

Slime X (won from Eugene) Whack Ward

Drake Slime -Decelerate Ward

Hackasaurus - Confusion Ward

Skelegon - Zap Ward

phantom fencer - Blade Blunter Ward

mecha-mynah - Bang Ward

Rubble Slime - Sap Ward

Snow Bird - Paralysis Ward

Bjorn - Abiliterator Ward

Gigantes - Inaction Ward

Spiked Hare - Crack Ward

Dancing Devil - Ban Dance Ward

Metal Slime - Decelerate Ward

Snail Slime - Dim Ward

Scorpion Crack Ward

Chimera - Paralysis Ward

Hunter Mech - Blade Blunter Ward

Komodo - Gobstopper Ward

Skelegon, Dark Slime, Dracky - Zam Ward

Crabid - Antimagic Ward

Phantom Fencer - Sag Ward

Headhunter in treepidation - Sag Ward (BET BET FOR SAG WARD)

I always buy the strategy guides. Don't always use them much, but they respond much quicker to questions than posting topics does :angel:

Ahh, got it, I was reading it wrong.

I also do not understand why people would not take the chance to discover things. Perhaps they are too focused on getting perfect teams from the start, or think they hit a wall if they do not advance in 4 minutes or have the answer right in front of them.

Even for the quiz in this game, where the hints practically solve the quiz by themselves, they ask for the answers...

My take would be to enjoy the game, get to know the characters (people complain about the lack of story but they never take the time to actually read what story there is in the game), discover things as they come, go back and explore old areas.

If you want to rush through the game and just go back to the exact point where you will get a specific thing you need, well, to me you will look like someone who does not do their own work and has to follow someone else's footsteps all along the way.

For the ones that you bred, do you know what original monster had the ward?

Unfortunately... no. I mentioned all the ones I knew. But some are covered in Zenith's post.

Now if we update with that data:

Rojo has Poison Ward(synthed from a healer and a muddy hand)

Purple has Crack Ward(barracuda+[???+weaken beakon])

gr has Blade Blunter Ward (reward for getting 50 monsters)

Grande2 has Paralysis ward(from a snowbird)

Toxie has Crack Ward(synthed from a mischeivous mole and a scorpion) probably the scorpion

GD2 has Dim Ward(synthed from a kalamari kid and a snail slime) looks like he got it from the snail slime.

Grim has Frizz ward(skulpent+[skelegon+the purple frog thing])

A wild-caught platypunk has Frizz Ward

A wild-caught kelpsy has Sizz ward

"" Firn Fiend with Fire Breath Ward

""Mecha-mynah with bang ward

""Shadow with Woosh Ward

""Conklave with bang ward

"" ghost has Dazzle Ward

It helps but not that much.

im glad so many ppl replied!!!

it was just something that was urkin my nerve..........

drake, thats exactly my point. there are a lot of useless threads regarding DQMJ2 and i do agree that we should make subforums for DQMJ2. FAQs, guides, Wi-Fi, wards and the like but most likely woodus will add it to the main page.

id cancel out the help thread due to the fact everyone would run there and post useless questions...........

It would be nice to have a thread for Ward skill data, but I don't see a point to splitting this forum into parts.

ill make a thread and see who votes for what. only fair way of splitting the forum or not.........